Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Focus Question: Beauty Insider

Shopping_Girl_BI.jpg

BeautyTalkers! We want to hear from you:

What can Store Employees do to make you feel appreciated and valued as a Beauty Insider while you are shopping in store?

Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Re: Focus Question: Beauty Insider

Agree, if I get treated like I'm one of a kind (whether they know me or not) it makes me want to come back for that treatment.  Treat me wrong, why would I want to come back to repeat that horrible experience?

I love Nordies and NM for this.  Samples, and just the demeanor of the individuals I work with.

Absolutely. I need to restock my Kiehl's supply soon and was going to order online. But the SA and Nordstrom was also one the Kiehl's counter, though she helped me with a dif brand. I'll be going there, despite frigid temps and snow, and give Nordstrom my $250 instead of the Kiehl's site for my restock, and I'll be back frequently because I was made to feel welcomed.

Seriously, just send this comment to the C-level at Sephora HQ and post it in the break room at every brick and mortar store. *This* is how to go to the next level. *This* is how to get me out of my house in the frigid winter to visit a store.

Yes. Yesyesyesyes. This.

What she said!!

I mean... seriously. What.She.Said.

Anonymous Insider

Amen sista!

The last time I was in a Sephora store, I was there to swatch a foundation shade and try out a couple perfumes.  The SA near the perfumes cheerfully sprayed some perfume on me, and I told her I wanted it walk around and see how I felt about the perfumes after a few minutes.  I browsed around some foundation and she notice and asked me if I wanted to sample the two foundations that I was comparing -- of course I said yes.  Then when she returned with the samples, she asked me what I thought about the perfumes and I said that I liked one more than the other, so she offered to make me a sample of that perfume as well!  I was floored.  I had never before had an in-store experience even remotely similar to that.  Usually, I have to ask for just one sample of something I really want to try out, and I feel like I am a begger and the SAs seem to not care whether I like a product before I buy it -- they just want the sale to happen.  If every in-store experience was like the one I just had, I would be in the store all of the time because it really seemed like the SA I dealt with really and truly wanted me to be happy with my purchase and knew that the best way to do that is to offer samples and let me find out whether i love it or not before I buy it.  

Anonymous Insider

I mentioned on a Sephora survey for all Rouge members to be given a red mesh shopping tote like the black ones in the store.  Mail them to us as a one time thing.  We would keep them in our car and take them in when we go shopping.

Peeps can bling theirs up.

It would distinguish Rouge members upon entering the store.

It would give some notice to the program to other shoppers.

Your question was "while shopping" unfortunately they don't recognize us as Rouge/VIB until we check out.

They should just have a check- in station upon entering the store where you hand the SA at the door your card - She swipes it and we get 10 extra points. Express has this and I get lots of free stuff just by stopping by the store and swiping my card.  I like the idea that we have a red bag personal to us.

Fantastic idea!

Both the bag and the card swipe idea are fabulous ideas. How can SAs "treat their Beauty Insiders" better if they have no idea they are BIs?

I've definitely been treated poorly in a couple of Sephora stores, only to go check out, pull out my card and then be treated VERY differently once the SA's see my card. Frankly, everyone should be treated respectfully and well, but it doesn't hurt to give proven loyal customers a little extra nice treatment.

I've definitely considered taking the majority of my beauty related business to Nordstrom this year. Have yet to purchase anything from Sephora since before Christmas (and anyone on here that knows my spending habits knows that this weird haha!)

Wow, I'd actually shop in-store if this existed, lol.

Great idea, Jojobe! Wonderful way to signal to the associates that someone is a VIB or Rouge.

Anonymous Insider

Will we be able to bling out our cards?

Dang, but then won't fit in my wallet!

love your idea!!!  ❤️

This is a great idea! I prefer to shop online and this idea would encourage me to visit Sephora brick and mortar stores (there are several in the city that I live in) more frequently. This action would inevitably lead to more frequent shopping excursions and purchases. 

I love this idea! They swipe the card, we get 10 bonus points and then they can hand us a red bag to use while shopping. That way they know that we are loyal customers- even if we don't buy anything and just ask for a sample....they know we will be back if we like the product!

I really like your idea of the SA handing out a red store shopping basket to Rougies after the card swipe.  I agree with everyone who pointed out that the staff doesn't know if we are VIB or Rouge until we are already checking out.

Yes!  Excellent idea!  Swiping our cards upon arrival! I love it!

What a fun idea.

Haha! I have had at least 3 associates comment after I whip out my Rouge card, "Oh, you're Rouge!" I leave wondering if I would have been treated different if they had known upfront. 

I would love to have a reusable Rouge bag. I have a collection of the regular bags and have had to recycle quite a few. A reusable Rouge bag would notify SAs that you are a Rouge customer and could save the store money on bags. Just a thought.

Maybe adding 10 pts at checkout for bringing my reusable bag. It could also be done for VIBs also. Disclaimer: only receive 10 pts per day!

13 Replies
testing