Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Eye make up for sensitive eyes ?

I want to be able to do eye make up for day and night looks. However, I have monolids (brown almond shaped eyes). I am afraid to put on mascara and eyeliner because I have itchy,watery, sensitive eyes and the only thing I'm able to do is curling my lashes. I want to look natural without over doing make up on my whole face. 

Re: Eye make up for sensitive eyes ?

I have the same problem! One tip I have is to go to a Rainbow Blossom (or other organic local store/website) and find mascara there. That is the only mascara I can use that won’t cause redness/itching/watering & won’t make you lose eyelashes!

I get eye allergic reactions tooSmiley Sad for me the cream eyeshadows are better. I like almays hypoallergenic shadows. Look out for metallic and sparkly. Those always leave me with regret for trying! I am loving the josie maran argan oil paint eyeshadows! rich color with no allergic reactions. That line has a fairly good argan oil mascara too. Eyeshadow primer does seem to help minimize problems a bit when using powders.

Have you looked into Tarte or The Body Shop? Almay and Physician's Formula may also work for you!

I also have very sensitive eyes, clinique has always been a brand that works for me (liner/mascara/makeup remover). I personally use their high impact mascara for more dramatic looks and their naturally glossy mascara in brown for everyday natural makeup. Look for things that aren't waterproof, those tend to be more irritating. and maybe try a cream eyeshadow? It could be the fallout powder that is irritating your eyes.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors