Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Extra Point for Top Contributors

I am really impressed with all of those who give out such great advice.   All of your time an efforts has be come a great marketing tool for Sephora.  Apparently Sephora has already come up with a system to rate your level of activity on their message boards.  Perhaps when you get up there, they should give you extra points towards your VIB perks.   I would probably never get up there - but there are several ladies on who deserve a little something extra!!!

Tags:

Re: Extra Point for Top Contributors

I was thinking of quitting the boards, reviews etc..but decided to stay on because I like the interaction with other BTers (thanks…to so many!).  I would say that expecting Sephora to appreciate the efforts of those who contribute is stretching a bit.  I'm in no way as helpful as some but I do try.  What I personally appreciate is the feedback and support of those involved in BT.  Sephora is pretty much an observer in my opinion..and while points or some such thing is nice in concept…the reality is that we provide the marketing for free and they have shown no inclination of changing that business model.

Look..I'm annoyed…I just got disconnected on the Rouge line so will need to call again tomorrow.  

But as far as the others on BT…you're all just so great!  And that community (supplied by Sephora) I appreciate.

Eek!  Stay! Love your posts - they are always really great and thought-provoking and your personality really shines through. We'd miss you!

Thank you!  Appreciate the people we/I meet here too much to really stop.  Just one of those frustrating moments!

Megan, I'm so glad you didn't quit BT and please don't!!  I have a lot of fun interacting with you on here and I definitely would miss you!  You are a very helpful fun addition to BT.  Heart

Appreciate the support!  I was on the verge today…but I won't.  I enjoy the community and people like you too much!

Yea, no quitting!  I like ur videos.

Thank you!  Appreciate it!

Anytime 🙂  Feeling is mutual 🙂

Thanks!

Great suggestion!  I always look here for help.

awesome!!! I always read the reviews before i decide to purchase a product. 

Great suggestion! (:

I totally agree with you! I haven't created any of my own topics but have found a few that have helped me with deciding what purchases are right for me. It's amazing and the girls who are constantly helping definitely deserve something. Thanks everyone! 

From what I've read, nobody is certain on the order of the beauty statuses. So far, this is what I've gotten: beauty celeb, beauty maven, beauty buff, and beauty whiz.

I think the status is based on # of posts/hearts and product reviews.

I'm new to these message boards. Found them by accident last week after all this time. I'm noticing peopke have "beauty guru" "hall of famer" " beauty advisor" next their names. is there somewhere I can look to see how you achieve these statuses? Just curious. 

😉

I think that this is a good idea too.  I have bought a lot of products from Sephora based on the good advice I've received from various prolific posters. (And met a lot of really nice people too!!!)

Sephora wouldn't even have to make a big public thing of giving the extra points if they were worried that they would get a lot of lame or useless posts, just send the Beauty Insiders who post a significant quantity of useful information (and they know who these people are), an email every so often with a notice that the VIB has just been the lucky recipient of X number of points. 

prettyinpa wrote:

I think that this is a good idea too.  I have bought a lot of products from Sephora based on the good advice I've received from various prolific posters. (And met a lot of really nice people too!!!)

Sephora wouldn't even have to make a big public thing of giving the extra points if they were worried that they would get a lot of lame or useless posts, just send the Beauty Insiders who post a significant quantity of useful information (and they know who these people are), an email every so often with a notice that the VIB has just been the lucky recipient of X number of points. 

Awesome suggestion!!!! 

prettyinpa wrote:

That's an EXCELLENT way of dealing with it! Then it would truly be a reward for what was freely and generously given advice, rather than just filling the board with fluff! LOL!!

I always check out the advice on the boards before I make purchases. I love how we all share our knowledge!

@prettyinpa, @mermade, @lashreece: I definitely agree, because I think if they made it public, they really would be flooded with people writing fluffy posts (I try never to blatantly point out things that are factually incorrect / bad advice, but sometimes I'm like, "WHAT?" Hahah). As a side note, I also think the "top contributor" status should be reviewed for substantive content in reviews, too...sometimes I wonder! (Clarification: I'm not talking about negative reviews -- there's nothing wrong with a well written, well composed negative review.)

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing