cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Enroll at Sephora University!

To find the article, Google this:

"Beauty School Dropout? Not a chance! FEMAIL enrolls at Sephora University - and learns the fundamentals of foundation "

DailyMail has a fun article about a 2 hour flawless foundation class in Soho. It's informative if you have been thinking about signing up for a Sephora class--it's free for all Beauty Insiders!

article-2450082-189D502400000578-650_634x494.jpg.jpegarticle-2450082-189D709A00000578-162_634x746.jpg.jpeg

Re: Enroll at Sephora University!

what?! how do you find out about this stuff?

I'm bumping this up for class talk. I have one this weekend, 'Party Ready Smoky Eye'. Is anyone taking it? Have you taken another class recently? 

We have not received certificates or sample bags at the classes here so far, but in the hour after the class (before store opening) many clamshells are made! There are usually about 10 gals who attend. I like the classes, it gives me the chance to work with some Sephora tools and brushes and try new products on the spot in combinations. I'll take the foundation class again just for that experience. I like most of my local cast members, they are very helpful and friendly. 

A note about the Pantone Color IQ. While my color matching isn't instantly correct with the machine, we used the system, then adjusted my match number from a foundation that DOES match, then it gives other recommendations based on that number. This does seem to work well for me. 

I've seen this before and it looked like so much fun! I was so disappointed when i found out there aren't any classes offered near me and not even any in the entire state of TX!

The SiJCP is supposed to be having the same thing in my area Mariah, but I called in yesterday and they had no idea what was going on. I left a number so they could call me back with details (at the lady's suggestion) and haven't been called back yet. I will probably pop in anyway, to see whats going on.

All of f the sephora JCP in my area are having a Vice 2 class next weekend!!!

I've attended the skincare one before and it was a lot of fun! 

Just as a run through because I haven't seen any reviews on these classes before (I tried searching before I went and couldn't find much info!) :

→ There really weren't many people and I was at the Times Square one in Manhattan. The staff actually roped in 3 others that didn't sign up for the course just to attend! 

→ There was one main instructor and three other reps there to help out. There was also another Sephora rep there as the "model" for which the instructor would demonstrate to us how to remove makeup. 

→ The basic routine she went through was obviously removal of makeup (they used the Ole Henrikson wipes) and then cleansing (they actually let us each use a Clarisonic Mia with a sensitive brush head!), followed by toner of choice and then she also allowed us to pick a mask. Most of us used peel off masks and I feel like the instructor might not have used the Boscia masks herself before because she didn't really point out to us to apply a thick layer and thus they wouldn't peel off easily. Mine was fine but the others didn't peel off at all. After that, we did the serum and moisturizer. In the beginning, they also gave us three choices for eye cream to apply as a treatment!

→ They also followed up with the Skincare IQ for all of us (and because there were so few of us there, we each has a rep helping us out which was really awesome because it made it feel personal)

→ There was also makeup application where they caught us briefly how to use something like a tinted moisturizer or a bb/cc cream with a bit of concealer and blush, and lipgloss. 

→ At the end, we were all given a certificate declaring that we finished skincare basics class with our names on it 🙂 And they clapped, it was really cute. 

→ And for those interested, yes there are perks/samples. I got a black smashbox bag that I love (great quality!) and the rep made sure we all had samples of things to try. There was also foil packets in the bag itself and there was also a full-sized Dolce & Gabbana kohl eye pencil.

All in all, it was seriously fun and I think that if you have 2 hours to kill or if you really do want to learn something or just have some fun with a few friends, definitely sign up and go! I think this was a fantastic idea on Sephora's part and I hope they do more of these classes so everyone can have access to them. I'm really looking forward to trying a foundation/smokey eye/fake lashes class!

My experience was very similar, except for the variety of samples. All in all, very worthwhile and fun.

I so want to do this! But my Sephora never has any classes or events 

Sad nothing here in WA.  I would go to any of those in a heart beat.

Same here. And being a novice I am sure to learn something there. 😄 I am still waiting for my local Sephora to get the certificating so I can use my VIB makeover voucher.

I went to one at my local store (socal) on Sunday. It was skincare basics. I had a great time, and I got to play with products I hadn't used before. The class size was pretty small (<6), so we all got individual attention. I'd highly recommend these classes, even if you don't think you have a lot to learn. We got goodie bags with several foil packets and a 100 point perk sized sample, and we got to shop pretty much by ourselves afterward

Anonymous Insider

What went on in the skin care class, if you don't mind me asking? There's one of those at a Sephora relatively close to me and I'm really tempted to try it out.

Hey ladies - you can find out how and where to sign up for classes at your local Sephora here!  

http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events?tab=classes

oh man, next time i visit my chicago friends i know what i'm forcing them to do with me.

how do they decide which markets to offer classes in?

These are all test markets for now, but we're rolling out more classes in many more cities come 2014!

Yay! ^_^

I wish we had programs like that in the Bay Area!

There are! In east bay there are a few, and Sephora on powell in the city is always having these too 😄 Wanna go to one together? 

Check the link from Candace. They have these at many locations, and I'd imagine they have some in the bay area.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • article-2450082-189D502400000578-650_634x494.jpg.jpeg
  • article-2450082-189D709A00000578-162_634x746.jpg.jpeg
testing