Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

This is definitely Big Bang finish for September @scott1201 ! How often did you use the SR Good Genes? Every day or did you use it once every other day? Or a different frequency? 

Honestly, I didn’t use it very consistently which is part of it. I would go weeks without using it, then be consistent at 2-3 times a week. It’s hard for me since I use so many exfoliating masks and I don’t want to over irritate my skin. @keana1

@scott1201 You don’t want to over exfoliate your skin or else your skin will come into a vengeance mode ! I understand why you didn’t use it every day!

Yep, you don’t want visible cracks like I discovered on my skin, @scott1201! How was the Hello Kitty mask? Hope to hear about it on the masking thread 😉

Empties

Empties for September: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear (I just put this on today, the sample almost had a shade that matched me, so far impressed but time will tell), UD All Nighter Setting Spray, DG Alpha Beta Daily Peel Pads (the last of my supply *tear*), GrandeLash (I have purchased a full size!  Seeing results!), Pur-lisse Blue Lotus Seed Mask, Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum, Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer (testing this against Hourglass Mineral Veil to see which I like better), Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, Drunk Elephant C-Tango Eye Cream (I didn't notice anything life changing about this, but it was fast absorbing), Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon and Nirvana Amethyst (Bourbon is my fav, but love them both), Sephora Pineapple Face Mask.

Nirvana Bourbon is a great fall scent, @Shelbstirr! Interesting primer dual you’ve got going on there; both are good👍🏼

39 for this month. I have a few more things I'm close on and kept thinking that I'd finish for sure before the month was over, and then I blinked and september was gone!

IMG_0603.jpg

Loves

Spoiler
A lot of repurchases/past loves for me. New:
111 skin black diamond eye mask- I have hollow eyes and since I'm not puffy, I rarely see results with eye masks. These actually puffed up my hollows. Results lasted about a day. Due to the price (I think $115 for 8, I got in GWP) I probably wouldn't buy these but would definitely use again before an event or something.
Juara candlenut body cream- I am scent sensitive and the scent is stronger so I was anticipating not liking this, but I was wrong. The cream is great, lasts all day on my dry skin and the scent lingers but not too strongly. 
Lapcos Aloe mask- I'm 50/50 on lapcos but really liked this one. It had SO much serum and my skin was super refreshed and bouncy after using this. 
Milk Sunshine oil- been trying to finish the DS forever. I mix it with my foundation or BB since I'm so dry and it adds the perfect amount of oil without slip. 
Pur mascara- This was a great everyday mascara. Worked better without primer, maybe something to do with the "magnetic technology"? No clumps, not too over the top. A good no makeup/light look wear. 

IMG_0606.jpg

Spoiler
Would use again. I think they were all new except the tony moly foot peel.
TM peel: I love these I just hate the peel process. It flakes off about a week later and when I say flake, it's 3-6 days of flaking off. Great results, constant repurchase.
Bio-belle- It was fine, hydrating but nothing extremely noticeable.
Arrow refresh- These were good. Removed maybe 80% of makeup and did well on eye makeup. 
N&fab glycolic pads- I like pixi better but these would be good for travel. 
La Mer- won't put on my face, I used for hands and feet and worked great. Obviously not the best use for expensive products, but I'm not into the ingredients list. 
Purlisse lotus mud mask- I liked this and would use again. I prefer ones that dont have the exfoliant in them also, but this wasn't too harsh or drying. 

Meh/No

IMG_0607.jpg

Spoiler
All new to me.
Lapcos- both too strongly scented. The milk feel was very chemically and they irritated my eyes. It did a good job exfoliating my face but not a tradeoff for me. Charcoal didn't do anything skin wise and also very strongly scented. They all have fragrance as an ingredient. 
Oh K sleep mask- it was fine but it was about 20 uses, not 5-6 and I was kinda over it at that point. 
N&Fab glycolic fix lotion- it was fine, nothing special. Didn't see any glycolic toning results but the lotion was ok. Citrusy scent.
Ahava aloe salt scrub- nope. Strong scent and the salt chunks were too big and not gritty enough to scrub. Was so glad to finish this up. 

Impressive lot for the month, @CC3616! Haven't tried the Charcoal or Milk Exfoliating pad yet but sounds like I should reset my expectations as I have loved all of the other Lapcos. Love that Tata Harper, too 🙂

I decided to really try to use up more of my minis/samples this month and honestly, the only thing that really stood out was the Belif Aqua Bomb.  I've tried if before and I remember thinking that it was fine but I'm so glad that I pulled out this mini to revisit it because I LOVED it.  I'm legitimately sad that I used it up and I'm hopi

ng that it comes out in some kind of nifty holiday kit.  

20180928_235930.jpg20180929_000221.jpg20180929_000319.jpg

@CookieGirl1 yessss! Aqua bomb is my work horse moisturizer! When I jack up my skin trying out stuff I use it to help "fix" me...works everytime. I'm oily btw.

@CookieGirl1 what did you think of the BKR balm? I've bee...

@CookieGirl1 what did you think of the BKR balm? I've been debating trying it. 👀

Re: @CookieGirl1 what did you think of the BKR balm? I've bee...

@77Casper77 it was okay but if I'm being honest there are others that I like better.  The consistency felt a little too much like Vaseline to me and I absolutely flew through that little container because it seems like I needed a lot for each application. I literally went through that in a month. I absolutely don't think it's a bad product at all and I know that a lot of people really love it because it IS moisturizing and it has a nice, light scent but it just wasn't anything super special to me.

@CookieGirl1 Belif has had cute holiday sets in the past 😉 

Thanks, @CookieGirl1! I like that waterdrop set-looks like a good variety especially for someone like me who hasn’t used their products 😊

@CC3616 I vaguely remember seeing them in the past but wasn't that interested.  This, year, though...:)

I’m glad to know this, @CC3616! Thanks for the tip:)

@CookieGirl1@Aaliaa recommended that belif Aqua Bomb to me for the winter months and suddenly I’ve been hearing about it everywhere. All good things☺️ Going to have to try that one out!

Huge fan of the Belif moisturizers @eshoe @CookieGirl1. I use both the Aqua Bomb and the heavier Moisturizing bomb depending on the weather. If you have oily skin you'll prefer the gel textured Aqua Bomb and dry skin will prefer Moisture Bomb.

Yes, thank you, @Aaliaa-I do have a sample of the true cream the aqua bomb so I will keep this in mind👍🏼

@Aaliaa @eshoe @CookieGirl1

My skin loves belif Moisturizing Bomb in the fall and winter. So hydrating and moisturizing. 🙂 

8,134 Replies
testing