Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I bow to the amount of empties some of you ladies have!  Here's my meager offerings for January.  I have no idea why my photos are uploading upside down.  When I open them up on my computer they're right side up.  

Love: 

CAM00204.jpg

Spoiler
Nude Purifying toning water: light and fresh, doesn't strip skin.
Erborian Waterlock bamoboo Mask: light and left my skin feeling hydrated and soft.  Smells good too.
Sephora face cottons: I actually like these just as much as Shiseido.  Sacrilege, I know.  They aren't as soft, by the edges are nicely finished, and they're slightly smaller, so I feel like I'm wasting less.
Nude Detox Fizzy Powder Wash: Love the fizzing action.  I'll probably purchase the sensitive version because this was was a bit too much for me.
Urban Decay eye primer
Josie Maran Argan matchmaker Serum Foundation- this is a tentative love.  It felt SO good on my face.  It didn't change color very quickly however.  (This stuff goes on white and is supposed to change to your skin color).  I had a white cast for about an hour.  I'm chalking it up to the fact that my sample was the medium shade, and I am most definitely a light.  I need to get a sample of the light one.  

CAM00205.jpg

Spoiler
Living Proof anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner- love the scent, but took quite a bit of product to get through my thick hair, and the finish still wasn't as nice as drugstore shampoo and conditioner.  
Bath and Body Works Freshwater Cucumber shower gel- nice fresh scent.

Meh:

CAM00206.jpg

Spoiler
Benefit Air Patrol eye primer- why would I want moisturizer in an eye primer?
Sephora Pearl Mask- not sure it had much effect, plus the sheet is way too big for my face, so it flops up on the sides the whole time I'm wearing it.
Ren Rosa Centifolia 3 in 1 cleansing water- smells great, but I have zero uses for a cleansing water I can't use on my eye area.  Stings.
Ren active 7 eye gel- nothing really wrong with this, but I don't think it had any effect.
Lush Bubblegum lip scrub- love the scent and taste.  I'm soooo disappointed in this.  Everyone raves about it, but mine was so dry.  It was like putting dry sugar on my lips.  I couldn't even scrub because it just fell off my lips.  I wonder if I got a bum pot?

20160303_164830_resized.jpg

February Empties

Love

Spoiler
Spoiler
Sephora CC Cream
Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum
OH Truth Serum
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (untinted)
UD original primer potion
Origins Ginzing Eye Cream

Spoiler
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Murad Renewing Eye Cream
Algenist Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser
OH Empower Foaming Milk Cleanser

Meh

Spoiler
UD Primer Potion in Eden
UD Anti-Aging Primer Potion
Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara

Hate

Spoiler
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

image.jpeg

Loves (will eventually repurchase/already have):

Ole 3 step skincare

NUDE rescue oil

Sephora Waterproof makeup remover

FAB facial cream

I liked the rest but probably won't purchase anytime soon. 

What did you think of the OH Powerpeel? I have gone through 2 of them now and I really love them!

Loves: Josie maran Argan lotion, ole henriksen truth serum, Marc Jacobs highliner in brown out, nude skincare oil, paulas choice hylauranic acid booster, lancome definicilis and mascara primer, algenist overnight restorative cream. Meh: urban decay b6 spray, MUFE hydrating primer, philosophy miracle worker cream. Fresh soy eye makeup remover, skyn Iceland makeup remover wipesimage.jpeg

For one, you have to hide them from the maid. When we stayed at the Polynesian Hotel at WDW in December 2014, she found my stash and tossed it. 

I do not travel back home with it if it was a long trip and I have a lot, so I photograph it at the very end of the trip (and share at least 2 photos at the end). I photographed what she did not get, because I hid it better after she got the first round.

If it is a short trip, I travel back home with it in a plastic bag.

I just throw empties out when I'm on vacation. I'm staying in hotels/friends' homes, not camping—if I pack it in, I don't need to pack it out. It's not worth it for me to bring a few empty foils back with me.

Hope you're feeling better, njattana.

Quite an impressive stash of empties you have there!

How did you like those I'm Real masks?

So I somehow managed to finish all of these products in this month and I'm not entirely sure how I did it but, yeah!

Love:

Spoiler
Lush - American Cream Conditioner
Lush - Retread Conditioner
Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Water
wilma schumann - Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

Like:

Spoiler
boscia - Make-Up -BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
yourrMinerals - Transparent Veil
YSL - Le Teint Touche Eclat in BD10
Macademia - Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist
Coola - Classic Sunscreen Fresh Mango

Meh:

Spoiler
Jouer - matte moisture tint sunscreen in linen
Replenix - Enriched Eye Repair Cream
L'Occitane - Dry Skin Hand Cream
Beauty Protector - Leave In Conditioner
boscia - Detoxifying Black Cleanser
Caudalie - Make-Up remover Cleansing Water
stila - Huge Extreme Lash Mascara
Skin Inc - Serum in Vitamin C (1x), French Pine (2x), and Licorice (2x)

Loves- Have or will repurchase.

image.jpeg

Likes- Unlikey to repurchase but liked the products.

image.jpeg

Hmmm...I had no idea!

This is awesome.  Looks like you did a lot of damage, especially on foils.  I spy a lot of things in there I really love.

Oh no.  That's a BeautyTalk problem if I've ever heard one. ;-)

Awesome job using up your samples!  I keep meaning to try the Verb stuff.  

Like 10 years ago, I sat down in a chair with an Omorovicza rep at Nordstrom.  She was so pushy and awful and I didn't end up buying anything but it's left a bad taste with me ever since then!  Too bad because people do seem to like their stuff, but really, I don't need another brand to love!  

Ouhhh, do you use the alpha beta peels without irritation?   I've been wary of trying them after the Kate Somerville peel sample I tried burned my face.  They're building up in my sample stockpile.

@heartsmyface you got it! Smiley Wink

This thread has REALLY made me start going through all of the beauty products I've been hoarding.  It feels so good to finish something!  Here are my empties for the month of May.

Loves:20160601_215131.jpg

Spoiler
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:  Love this stuff.  I love the way it makes my skin feel so silky after applying it.
Derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub:  This made my skin look and feel amazing!
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:  I always come back to this stuff.  It dries so quick and so shiny!
Davines Ol Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion:  I got this as a sample in a Birchbox and fell in love.  It makes my hair super smooth and smells amazing!  I bought a full size bottle of it already!
Whish Shave Cream:  This smelled so amazing (blueberry scent) and left my skin so soft!
Oscar Blandi At Home Salon Glaze:  This made my hair feel very silky (which usually isn't the case!)
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Patina:  The color looks good on just about anyone!  I got this sample size in a pack of 6 around the holidays and my friend bought me a full size for my bday (it's her favorite too).
GlamGlow Super Mud:  I just loved the way my skin looked after using this. 
e.l.f. High Definition Powder:  I use this stuff every day.  And it's so cheap!
BBW body lotion - Cool Amazon Rain:  I really like BBW lotion and this scent was nice.
Real Chemistry 3 Minute Peel Body:  I used this on my arms (it would take so long to do your entire body!) and I really noticed a difference!

20160601_215501.jpg

Spoiler
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser:  It smelled nice, but I don't know if it really exfoliated.
Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield:  I liked it and I liked that it had SPF, but I don't know if I LOVED it.
Stila Foundation (don't remember which one now...it came with an Ulta GWP) - I don't really remember much about this other than it was a decent foundation
Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Body Wash:  smelled yummy, average body wash to me.
Sonia Kashuk Pink Innocencia Body Polish - I actually got this on clearance a while ago and just recently used it.  It smelled nice, but I've used better body scrubs.
Benefit Porefessional:  Liked it, but I like other primers better.
Alterna Caviar shampoo and conditioner:  I liked this better than I thought I would.  I have very dry hair and this conditioner seemed to help with that.
Caudalie Devine Oil - I used this on my body (you can use it on your face and hair too) and liked how it absorbed quickly.
Tocca Body Scrub - Giulietta - I loved how this smelled and it was a decent body scrub.
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo:  Not my favorite dry shampoo, but certainly not my least favorite either!
Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator:  Leaves my skin feeling nice. 

Meh:

20160601_215629.jpg

Spoiler
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer:  I'm 30 and am starting to get fine lines on my face that I would like to start correcting now rather than later.  This smelled nice and didn't irritate my skin, but I don't think it really did anything for the fine lines!
MTJ High Definition Mascara - Meh.  Didn't really do much.
Cargo Texaslash Mascara - Name is misleading.  It really didn't add volume to my eyelashes!

My "mini" May empties 

may.jpg

Loved

image.jpeg

Liked

image.jpeg

Nope

image.jpeg

What did you think of Good Genes? Does it work any better when you have more time with it (thanks to the bigger bottle).

Nice job!  And I hear you on throwing out some super old stuff. I think I may need to do that soon.

4,384 Replies