Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

It's expensive for a lesser known brand, so try to get a sample first (if possible). I'd hate for you to buy it and dislike it.

10.3.jpg

Spoiler
Loves:
-Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
-Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion 
-Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
-ColourPop Brow Pencil
-Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation 
-KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper
-OptiFree
-Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste 
-Jack Black Lip Balm

Everything else was okay.  

Unlikely to repurchase:
-MUFE Ultra HD- not particularly impressed, missing the old formula   
-Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter- smell was too perfume-y for my liking

Great empties!  Looks like you went through a lot of B&BW products.  I also have a bottle of the Seaweed Shampoo since I got it to sample and review through the Amazon vine program but didn't realize it was popular enough that others had heard of it as well.

September:

Loves/Repurchase:

Mederma- I have used so many bottles of this and am still surprised that this hasn't bothered me even though it isn't advertised as gluten free. My husband even agrees this stuff really works and he doesn't pay attention to much or have anything to say as far as products, so for him to say yes it works buy it is reeeeally saying something.

White strips- tried one and saw improvement with one use and didn't have any adverse reactions, even with my dermatitis

Too Faced better than sex mascara- I like this and seems to be ok so far

Madison Reed shampoo and conditioner- good product and actually does work and helping hold color longer, smells very salon-like. I think this may be my favorite shampoo and conditioner.

Madison Reed tame- same salon smell, good finishing product for flyaways or after straightening hair

LaVanila- Love this deodorant, my favorite scent so far. I wish they sold this year round.

Vitality toothbrush head- Had my vitality for years and I love it. Closest brush to dentist level clean I have tried.

Spoiler
003.JPG

Will Not Repurchase:

Spoiler
004.JPG

Shea Moisture baby wash- was my child's shampoo but I have to test these out too since they touch my skin and we need good quality products. The coordinating lotion made her skin beet red and hot all over. I had already gotten sick from some of their adult lotion. I do not like this brand. May be gluten free but is NOT hypoallergenic. We finished off the bottle without incident, but I'm so glad to be done with this.

Physicians Formula masaras- they had dried out from me not wearing them for a while. The red one is scented but I liked the performance. The silver is not scented but was not a fan of performance. Both were irritating to me so I will be moving on to different mascaras.

Pur lipstick- The lipstick itself was awesome and creamy. I definitely recommend trying these out. They're on sale at Ulta. However, I it has some mica in it so I will not be buying a full size since I don't do well with that.

Boscia exfoliating peel gel- ended up making my face burn horribly after use.

Omorovicza balancing moisturizer- very strong musky smell. I rewashed my face immediately and it burned afterwards. I'm not sure if that was the product itself or that mixing with my wash but just noooo. If you have oily skin and like musky, aftershave type smells then this might be something to try. Some of the Omorovicza items have this smell but this product has it very strong, and I couldn't handle it.

I'm a big fan of mederma as well.  I'm pretty sure it was fading my stretch marks as I got them during my pregnancy.  

I used a ton on certain areas during my pregnancy and those marks are hardly visible but other areas that were harder to reach during that time look deep and wicked. You can definitely tell on me where I put a lot on and where I didn't. This stuff really does work, but it may take several bottles to get desired results. I gob it on. Like you can see a significant dent in the bottle after I apply it. I have a personal vendetta against my stretch marks.

@RainbowRae I saw your pick on the main page and was curious of other opinions about the lavanilla. I just opened one from the beauty on the fly favorites set and knew right away the scent just does not work for me. I was going to throw it away, but can send it to you if you like. I really hate for it to go to waste. Just pm me if you would like it 🙂 I also had that same Omorovicza sample and had a bad reaction, the black foil of a cleansing balm I think also just felt so gross on my skin and I had a bad burning red reaction, which I rarely have to any products. My skin is not sensitive or anything and I regularly switch up my routine to try my samples. I was surprised it was so expensive too, but must work for some I guess. Thanks for sharing your empties! I wish I could save mine to see and review everything I used, maybe some day. 

I'm actually really stocked up on my deodorant right now, but thank you so much for thinking of me! I actually feel like I smell less bad overall since I switched to this kind of deodorant and my body adjusted. I feel like I rarely get stinky. I think the scents do vary, but I've only tried three of them so far. Omorovicza is a good quality brand in my opinion, but I've only tested two of their products that were keepers for me so far. I use the cleansing balm and always wipe clean with a warm washcloth and almost always follow with another cleanser. I feel like doing my cleansers that way got me the results I was looking for. Good alone but better together kind of thing. Sorry you had a bad reaction to it 😞

Anonymous Insider

Just back from 7 days in Las Vegas. All I brought were sample packets. I must have used 50+ including hair, face, body, sunscreen etc. I wish I had taken a photo...it would have been impressive. I will say, one that stood out was 'insta-sun' by body perfekt. It was a self tanner and body blur type sample. I asked about it in the local Sephora and they didn't remember carrying it. It was spectacular! I looked it up and it sells for about $48.00 online. I also like Christophe Robin hair scrub which I tried for the first time. I often save samples for travel and then can really see what I like.

That's awesome!  I haven't yet gone on a trip and brought all foils though I do try to bring a bunch and do some damage, but I've never come close to 50!

I wonder if some Sephora stores stopped carrying Perfeckt. Mine used to have a small display, but I haven't noticed it recently.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.54.07 PM.pngthe sample empties 🙂 

that givenchy mister light was mr right! not only did i like it but that baby lasted me like 2 weeks!!! 

Loving the new background for the pictures. 

thanks!  i need something easy to wipe down on my vanity because i'm a huge mess 😛

September empties!! 

Like - kielh's cactus something mist, clean it zero, drunk elephant night serum

everything else is ok. Nothing I dislike. Though I was tired with origin overnight and ended up using it on my leg... But that's ok. Lol

image.jpeg

I am laughing about the Origins overnight mask. I opened mine so long ago, and it's still kicking. I may resolve to using it elsewhere at some point!

Likewise, I thought for sure that the overnight mask would be the first thing I'd use up ... this was a year ago. @notcreative @mychanelly

It was about a year ago that I opened it, I think. I remember opening it as the weather was changing. How is there still so much left? Is someone filling it back up when I sleep?

I don't have any photos because empty packaging sitting around drives me nuts (I tried saving in a plastic bag next to my vanity but threw it out 3 days later) but here are my recent empties!

Clinique Take the Day Off remover - Just finished my 15th bottle or something. This is one of those products that I have no idea how many I've purchased because it just doesn't get any better than this!

Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Soap cleanser - used this as my AM cleanser for the last 6ish months? One bottle lasted forever and I liked how gentle it was. Moved onto something else already but would repurchase in the future!

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Conditioner - This was a repurchase in a larger size (largest with the pump) and I've moved back to my Evolvh Conditioner which I actually don't like as much as I remember. I'd imagine I'll got back to the Alterna once I'm done my two bottles of Evolvh!

Odacite Jojoba Beads Exfoliant (deluxe sample) - I got this with an order of Odacite serum samples, and while I like jojoba for my skin, this just didn't do much for me. The jojoba wax beads didn't feel like they did anything. Wouldn't purchase the full size. 

Shu Uemura Anti/Oxi Cleansing Oil - This is great at removing my face makeup in preparation for cleansing. Can't comment on how well it removes eye makeup since I always use my Clinique makeup remover to remove eye makeup. Lathers well and good first oil cleansing step! I've since moved onto Skin Food's Black Sugar cleansing oil but would consider repurchasing in the future!

LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner - I bought this mainly for the scent, I went in Lush looking for the Rose Jam shower gel/perfume but both were LE and sold out. The sales lady said this was the same scent, which is true.... but after using a couple of times iin the shower the scent faded a little and smelled different. Also, the conditioner didn't do anything for my skin. Just feels like I had a layer of residue on my skin and really didn't keep it moisturized. I would be better applying body oil coming out of the shower! Took me forever to finish a tub of this and I won't repurchase. I will be buying the Rose Jam shower gel this year during the holidays though!

Ouai Treatment Mask (1 foil) - Just used this in the bath after using clarifying shampoo to remove hard water residue, and I love the smell! Hair feels very nice, will see how it feels after it dries. May repurchase depending on results. 

I feel the same, I just can't keep around the empty packaging! I live in a small enough space as it is.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

LOVES

image.jpeg

8,140 Replies
testing