Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I know what you mean.  I find it weirdly satisfying to see my bin fill up as the month progresses and to empty it out at the end of the month.

Holy moly. That's dedication!

It was necessary! I had waaaaay too many products X) and I find it easier to dial back on spending when I see how much I had accrued in a short time every single day.

Very smart. This is why I moved my entire beauty stash into clear organizer drawers out in the open. I don't spend nearly as much as I used to, and I'm constantly paring down what I have.

Oh yes having it out of sight was not helping me either X) I have all of my stuff sitting on top of my dresser now.

I'm an on-again off-again saver.  Currently in "on" mode because I started feeling guilty regarding my intake vs. outtake ratio.  Like many others keeping my empties is a good motivator to use what I have.  I just keep a box around to throw things in when they're done.  It's not much different from throwing them in trash or recycling.  My problem is always figuring out where to keep the stupid box!

That would be exactly my problem. I live in a tiny studio apartment, so throwing anything out feels especially good due to the limited space. Smiley Very Happy

No worries, Gwen, that's not rude at all!  Actually I keep a small box in my bathroom.  Every time I finish something I throw it in there and at the end of the month I take them all out and photograph them.  Then I toss them out.  Actually it's kinda fun because I throw a bunch of stuff out all at once.

That makes some sense. A box at least would make it look neater. I'm trying to devise a way to jump on this and participate, but I'm not sure I'll be able to yet.

I am double posting this month. These empties were too good to wait a few more days haha

Hourglass ambient lighting palette, center powder incandescent light (of course the shade I loved was the only palette exclusive shade). loved this powder but I can't justify buying a $58 palette for it. Must find dupe.

DSCN1293.JPG

Bareminerals eyeshadow duo in mixology/congac Deluxe sample. There was a lot of product in the deluxe sample. I used it pretty often and it lasted me a good 10 months. After the first month I bought the full sized product, and glad I did because not long after that the eyeshadow duos were discontinued. I like this formula and the colors.

DSCN1294.JPG

note: sorry picture is blurry.

Hitting pan on these, especially the ALP, is so impressive.

This is my favorite duo too. When I run out I plan on trying out MUG Mirage as a potential dupe... I have no idea what do do for Cognac though.

I rarely use my HG palette, but I mostly only use Dim when I do. If I get to the bottom, it will be on that shade. It's kind of neat to see what it looks like.

The pans on that palette are deeper than I thought. Impressed.

Here I expected them to be deeper.  Silly me.

I meant the BM palette, not the HG palette. I separated the paragraphs for the different product but now realize it can look like I am talking about the same thing in both. When I look at the BM sample palette in person it looks really shallow. In her picture, it looks deeper and she said it lasted 10 months. I'm impressed. 

I've had mine since the summer of last year (edit-full size). I'm sure if I hadn't gotten the Soundtrack palette and Vice3 I'd probably be done with this duo. I put my Rhythm pan on it's side so you can compare the pan depth. A little thicker than a quarter I think?

WP_20151029_003.jpg

I'm impressed! I love incandescent light too but am nowhere near finishing it. Smiley Happy

Wow!  Good job on the Hourglass!!  That's amazing!  I cannot imagine coming close to finishing any of those powders!

There's an Hourglass Flagship store in LA. I read on Reddit that you can call in to place a custom palette order and they will ship it to you. (I think there's a small shipping charge) 

Perhaps you can see if they have incandescent light, then you can make a palette with only incandescent light. LOL

they don't have incandescent...i have friends who tried Smiley Sad

Sparklekai is right, they only carry the normal 6 shades. If I happen to be in the area again (which I 100% will be because they opened my favorite Portland based donut shop on the same street Smiley Tongue) I can ask about Incandescent, but they'll probably just tell me to get the palette haha

4,646 Replies