Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

March results. Overall I’m pretty happy with empties amount. My goal is to use all deluxe samples this year and stop torturing my skin with many different products. I’m planning to use next year only things I really love. Sounds boring:))My loves.My loves.

Likes. Was happy to use, but not planning to purchase again.Likes. Was happy to use, but not planning to purchase again.

Kinda meh. Nothing special. By Terry is interesting brand. Some things are so awesome, and some just mehKinda meh. Nothing special. By Terry is interesting brand. Some things are so awesome, and some just meh

Hate it. Bite lipgloss is so sticky and dense like glue.Hate it. Bite lipgloss is so sticky and dense like glue.

Haha, that’s quite the goal!  (I have a secret shameful mountain of deluxe samples under the bathroom sink that I know I can’t get through but I’m trying) I have managed to get my foil samples down to ONE muji drawer full!  *patting myself on the back:) @Sansara

@Sansara, This is me this year too.  I try to clean up DS as much as i can and give away whatever i dont think i will use.  The good (and also bad) thing is you find some good products along the way 😉  I just finished couple similar DS 😉 SpaceNK has the best GWP 🙂

@blackkitty2014  i’ve Reached the point where I feel ashamed to have more products to give away to people.  I get the side eye from most everyone now when I try to unload makeup on them:/ I may have to take a trip to a care home and give the ladies there some fun treasures.  

Those GWP are killing me!

@Sansara boring sounds smart to me! i'm trying to do this myself - if something is working for me why do i always feel the there must be something better urge?!

@Sansara  I'm wrapping up my DS/randoms project and striving for boring by the summer... it sounds divine, actually! You're doing great!

@fieldsofcloverYes, I remember your posts from low-buy thread, I think. I`m also trying to use my mascara samples (I have about 20, I think) - one sample each month 🙂 We can do it!

March empties! Yay, finally back up over 40 products for the month. My goal last year was 50 per month, but I think 35 is a more realistic goal going after seeing my usage for a couple years. I hit a lot this month with two vacations!  

IMG_9817.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Loves/Repurchases (the majority are because i'm getting increasingly picky with what I use/buy!)
Except the SKII snuck in and should be a like- it was ok but no major results, certainly not justifying of the price tag for FS. Wouldn't buy!!

New to me:
The Hannes Dotter sea masque I didn't expect to be as exfoliating as it was. I felt super luxurious and mermaid like with kelp on my face and it was great for my skin. This was a surprise because I'm not usually a fan of things with honey. The honey did make it kind of hard to spread though and as such it wore kinda patchy. 

Vitabrid- received in barneys love yourself spring bag. I tend to prefer coconut masks (as evidenced by the farmacy and florapy LOL!) but I'm glad I tried it. Very hydrating and lasted for a couple days. It did leave a little bit of residue which I don't love but with good results I can get over. 

Ouai oil- wanted to give this a plug because I've never liked ouai products and this is an exception. I did try it on both my body and hair (both are DRY) and was pleased with the results. It's not my favorite body or hair oil, but I think the versatility of it goes a long way. I don't think I'd repurchase it because there's many things I enjoy more, but this was a surprisingly nice product. The scent wasn't overbearing or too strong. It was stronger than I prefer being scent sensitive, but not too much. It was long lasting on my body and didn't make my hair greasy. 

Avene hydrating serum: This was another surprise love! I have always liked the avene products I've tried but they never wowed me. I would definitely consider purchasing this though! It's very soothing and hydrating on irritated, dry winter skin. It had a creamy consistency but absorbed well and wasn't too heavy. 

IMG_9818.JPG

Spoiler
Bite agave balm- would probably be ok for summer but not enough for cold, dry winter lips. But didn't irritate my sensitive lips/no reaction so I would try again. I have another one I'm stashing until summer. 

IMG_9819.JPG

Nope

Spoiler
UD fluid correctors didn't have enough pigment on my skin to really correct and they never really set, causing them to be picked up with my next layer

Dr Jart water- micellar water just isn't for me. It stings my eyes horribly and doesn't seem to remove things. No real effects if used in the morning on clean skin. 

@CC3616  Ooo that's a lot of products! Is the Ouai product the Rose hair and body oil? Does this work kind of like a moisturizer?

@Guessgal It is! And yes, it does. In the winter I often add a bit of oil to my body lotion to help hydrate my skin, since I live in an area with pretty harsh weather/dryness. 

Wow, @CC3616, over 40!  Great job!

These are my recent empties. Pretty much what I used up from January. I’m really happy that I used up the CK perfume bottle (I had it for forever) and few more fragrance samples. I’m trying to reduce the number of fragrance samples but they just keep coming from everywhere 🤦🏼‍♀️08CF3214-257E-4171-8B27-41B786DA1F98.jpeg

DAF82A47-BA05-43A1-9006-4502D2B9D2CC.jpeg12554E41-01B3-416F-94FA-69277208BC94.jpegI hate the consistency of the Becca primer. It was sliding of my face. The L’Occitane Eye Makeup Remover is the worst I’ve ever tried. I needed so mich product to remove even simple eyelook and it stung my eye and irritated it. Big NO. The facial cleansing tissue wasn’t that bad, just the smell started to bother me and in the end I hated the smell. 

@katkapivarci Dang, girl!  That's an impressive collection.

I also love the Sephora eye masks, @katkapivarci! Great job working through all those products. 

RE: Empties

The tarte facial cleaner was ok. Wouldn’t rebuy it. I was just happy to finish a couple of products. I didn’t really try with the foils.

RE: Empties

This Belif The True Tincture Mask was a Christmas present in 2016... took me a while to start using it regularly, but it’s finally finished! I didn’t notice much of a brightening effect, but it’s a good mask for hydration and smoothness before bed

i have to say these log in issues are really starting to irritate me!!! but back to topic...empties for march! 

haircareScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.30.04 AM.png

would repurchase

• devacurl buildup buster gentle deep cleansing serum - made my hair feel clean, got rid of product buildup, but didn't dry out my hair
  • curly hair solutions curl keeper - i wasn't sure i was going to like this - i usually prefer a cream over a liquid - but this did such a good job at giving my curls a little definition and kept frizz away
  • johnsons baby wash - i use this to clean my brushes - does the job 

would use

• briogeo don't despair repair deep conditioning mask
  • ion moisture solutions moisture conditioner - this isn't hydrating enough for me to use on a regular basis but it wasn't a bad product - just not for my curls 
  • l'oreal nutri-gloss luminizer high shine glossing mist
  • ion color solutions after color sealer - i'm not sure if this actually did anything to help my colour last longer but it was an ok product

no

• shu uemura cleansing oil conditioner - this made my hair feel oily but not hydrated at all

skincareScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.29.18 AM.png

would repurchase

• bioderma sensibio h2o - i use this every morning. my skin is dry & can't handle a morning cleanse but this does the trick
  • indeed hydraluron moisture boosting sheet mask
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel

would use

• the ordinary buffet
  • the ordinary hyaluronic acid
  • lancome comforting hydrating toner
  • ole henriksen sheer transformation
  • perricone md elemental energy hydrating cloud cream
  • clinique pep start hydrablur moisturizer
  • lise watier hydraforce gel creme hydra protector
  • vichy liftactiv nuit
  • garnier skin active pure cleansing gel

no

all of these did nothing for me - the l'oreal one not only burned my eyes it left me with a swollen lid

• loreal revitalift miracle blur instant eye smoother
  • dermalogica stress positive eye lift
  • caudalie vine active energizing & smoothing eye creme

makeupScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.29.32 AM.png

would repurchase

• essence lash princess - false lash effect
  • clinique stay matte oil free makeup - this was only a sample but i fell in love! my skin looked & felt amazing & it lasted all day

would use

• essence lash princess volume
  • it cosmetics bye bye under eye illumination
  • mac mineralize lipstick in dreaminess
  • mac prep & prime
  • tarte tartiest mascara
  • marc jacobs velvet noir
  • no dark shadows
  • colourpop lunch money
  • bareminerals sheer sun
  • it cosmetics cc+ illumination
  • edward bess lipstick - secret desire & rose demure 
  • sephora & pantone radiant rush

no

• sephora collection 10 hr perfection foundation
  • hourglass immaculate liquid power foundation
  • purlisse daily lip nourisher
  • lime crime gigi
  • too faced melted - metallic peony, chihuahua

how did u like the it cc cream

how did u like the it cc cream

Re: how did u like the it cc cream

@infinitebrevity the illumination version is ok.  i would use it if i had it again but it isn't something i'd set out to purchase.  the formulas (to me) are actually very similar with the illumination having a bit of sparkle.  since i tend to use an illuminating primer it can be overwhelming or too much so i have to be more mindful of the combinations i use. 

RE: Re: Empties

Half of those don't look empty... that just looks like your collection of products.. it's not cool to cheat It's pretty clear you didn't use most of them you didn't give reviews to..
8,140 Replies
testing