Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

There wasn't much sample usage during December for me but here they are. 

Already did/Will Buy:

Huggies Sensitive & Soothing (Cucumber & Green Tea) Wipes - I love these. They smell great and they're so durable for wiping things down and taking off lipstick when I'm trying new things out. Already bought a 3 pack. 

Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser - Gets my brushes good and clean. Will repurchase as soon as I use up my sephora brand one. 

Might repurchase:

Neutrogena shine control powder. I liked it but I have other powders to use up first. 

It's So Big Mascara. Again, I liked it but I have a ton other mascaras to use up. 

Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant - trying others before repurchasing. 

Will not repurchase:

Elf exfoliating makeup wipes - have been forcing myself to use up all of these I bought. Hate them. Only 2 more packs to go. 

Olay oil minimizing toner - Ughh. Straight up alcohol. Left my skin dry and tight. BURNED. 

I just emptied my trash under my vanity yesterday. Next time I'll take a pic of my empties. Although I don't think they're as exciting as these are but I like to see/read the reviews of the products other people used up.

February Empties

Loves

Spoiler
  • Sephora triple action cleansing water
  • ACT mouthwash
  • Hawaiian tropic sunscreen- I use this on my hand, arms, neck and ears through out the day (I sit near a window at work). I actually love the coconut smell
  • Caudalie hand and nail cream- love love love
  • Nutranail 5 to 7 day growth- this is discontinued
  • Hourglass film noir mascara
  • Hourglass(deluxe sample) lipstick in grace
  • NARS stick concealer
  • OH sheer transformations- a daily use product just trying to use up samples 

Meh (will not repurchase)

Spoiler
  • Dr. Jart+ All that and firm mask
  • Bit lip wipes- Loved the wipe I had a dark red lipstick that I know to stain my lips, but I used this wipe and the lipstick came off with no remaining stain. The reason I put it in “meh” is because of their price I probably wouldn’t repurchase
  • Loccitane rose hand cream- this is good stuff just not as good as the Caudalie hand cream
  • UD lip liner in native- good lip liner it’s just the color was too dark for me so it darkened up all my lipsticks.
  • YSL babydoll mascara- I liked this mascara on it’s own, but I found it started to flake off by the end of my workday. It did not work well with my Dior lash maximizer which is HG for me so this is a no go for me.
  • Korres wild rose 24 hour moisturizer- I love the sleeping mask, but this moisturizer was just meh for me
  • Jurlique rose mist- I saw no difference using this product but the small spray bottle is cute and I will reuse it.
  • Phyto secret de nuit- I saw no difference using this product
  • Sample of Flower bomb- I like this scent a lot, but it is strong. It lingers a loooong time on me.

Did not like

Spoiler
  • REN radiance mask- just didn’t work with my skin
  • Loccitane almond shower oil- the product itself was fine, but I struggled to get the cap open every single time I went to use it. It was so frustrating!!!
  • Formula X nail strengthener- didn’t strengthen my nails I ended up using it as a top coat
  • Viva la juicy- I used to love this scent to the point that I had backup roller balls. But my likes have changed and I am over this scent. It was all I could do to use this up, the backup roller balls have been donated.
  • LOccitane shea butter- this was too greasy for my likes but the small tin container is adorable and I will reuse it.

Will have to round up my empties this weekend!  I've been prone to hoarding empty packaging and samples so I think this thread will be a good way to help me move on and free up some space for other stuff.

My February empties. I don't really need to repurchase anything, as I have plenty of other products and samples to use up, so I'm dividing my list into likes and dislikes.

LIKED

• Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Long and Strong shampoo and conditioner: Perfectly serviceable, though I have  other S&Cs I've liked more. I like the squeeze-tube packaging.
  • Burt's Bees sensitive makeup remover wipes: my HG
  • Marc Jacobs Makeout lip balm: It's lip balm; you can't really go wrong.
  • Josie Maran BearNaked and Butter London Scrubbers nail polish remover wipes: These both smelled great and really worked. But I have 1.5 bottles of traditional polish remover to get through.
  • Bliss Triple Oxygen+C Energizing Cream: Dunno if it recharged my skin, but it was a nice, light moisturizer.
  • GlamGlow eye pod: Love these, really takes care of my dark circles and puffiness.
  • Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover: my HG

DISLIKED

• Sephora Ginseng mask: The scent was so off-putting. The only mask from this collection that I dislike.
  • Random Algenist eye cream: The name wore off the tub. It was OK.
  • Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Night Cream & Bareminerals Prime Time primer: Once I used up the night cream, I depotted the rest of the primer into the container. Both were OK, but I wouldn't repurchase.
  • GlamGlow SuperCleanse in-store sample: This did nothing and I never felt like my skin was clean.
  • Illamasqua Hydra Veil primer: Gel consistency was too slippery. You can't buy this in NA anymore anyway.
  • Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara: Clump city.
  • Marc Jacobs Blaquer mascara: Good only for a few weeks before it clumped up. The good thing is that the formula doesn't smudge.
  • Benefit Total Moisture cream: This made my skin burn.
  • Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream: Too thick and hard to absorb into skin.
  • AmorePacific Future Response day and night eye creams: Nothing special. I have a ton more samples of this that I might just give away.
  • Dior Hydra Life eye cream: Nothing special; sort of a weird fragrance.
  • Clarins Multi-Active cream: Nothing special.
  • Verso Super Eye Serum: not hydrating enough.

here we are with februarys empties!!

loves 

these are products i wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase! in fact…i already have!!!

~ brow whiz (soft brown):   this is hg status for me!! my brows just don’t feel the same without it. the colour is a perfect match for my brows, the pencil is thin and creates a realistic looking brow and the spoolie is amazing!

~glyosomed hand cream: this is hg status in the winter for me.  i use it on my hands and feet.  it’s the only thing i’ve found that is strong enough to keep me from cracking but isn’t greasy.

these are products that i liked but i’m still on the hunt for “something better”.  i may or may not repurchase in the future

~ benefit boi ing concealer – this lasted quite a long time.  the colour match was pretty good and i could use it for covering blemishes, and starting the under eye conceal – but it creased like crazy if i didn’t set with powder asap.

~revlon whipped colour stay foundation (shade 330 true beige) – i actually really like this foundation!  i have combo/dry skin and it doesn’t cling to my dry patches.  i’ve gone through 3 of these.  realistically i’m going to repurchase at some point but i want to play

~sephora daily brush cleaner – this cleaned my brushes well enough for a daily spot treatment.  its ok but i have something else that i’m currently trying

~first aid beauty facial radiance pads – i like these for days when i’m breaking out.  i feel like it gives me a little extra exfoliation that i need without being too abrasive.  i currently have another package that i’m working on.

no

these are products that i wouldn’t repurchase if you paid me!

~ ponds wet cleansing towelettes – i hate these!!! these were dry, didn’t clean the makeup off my face and irritated my skin.  no thank you!

~vaseline cocoa butter – i think the issue with this is the bottle was too big and i got bored!  when i started using it i remember liking it, but now i’m just over it!  it seems greasy feeling and just not moisturizing enough

loves

~devacurl ultra defining gel and styling cream:  both of these are hg status for me! i could not and will not live without them!!! my hair loves them!

~bareminerals mineral veil:  i haven’t repurchased yet because i have something “similar” its been like a week – i already miss it!

~benefit porefessional primer – this just works with my skin.  evens out my skin leaving me with a smooth surface for foundation!

~kat von d – unlock it makeup removing wipes: these are amazing!!! the amount of makeup taken off with one swipe was amazing!!

~glamglow thirsty mud – this leaves my skin feeling hydrated.  i can really feel the difference after using this!

~glam glow powermud dual cleanse – this leaves my face feeling deep cleaned but not stripped and dry

~algenist complete eye renewal balm and anti aging moisturizer – these are amazing!! they leave me hydrated and my skin feeling fresh

meh

~shiseido ultimure power infusing concentrate – i just don’t feel like this did anything.

February empties (posted really late)

Loves!:

- Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo & Conditione

- Cotton rounds,

- Denta toothpaste,

- Elizabeth & James nirvana black & white perfume,

- Tom ford velvet orchid perfume.

- replica beach walk perfume

- shower caps

- Agave hair oil

- tokyomilk dark tainted love handcream

the  Maybes:

- Lady speed stick deodorant Teen spirit pink crush

- Generic relaxing lavender bath soak salts

Nope, Not for me!:

Philosophy Hope In a jar moisturizer

makeup forever HD cream blush

Rounded up my empties.  Can't wait to post.

What a tragedy! Smiley Sad

I did that too the first couple of times I started collecting empties. Smiley Sad

Loves:

UD Deslick - Will repurchase this forever. Love love love.

Joico K-Pak Hair Mask - I have another travel size and a full size. It really helped my hair when I was dyeing it.

FAB Face Cleanser - I have several of these as well as a ton of other cleansers I need to use up before repurchasing.

FAB Ultra Repair Cream - Love this stuff when I sometimes get dry patches

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes - Love these but I found some Equate brand I love better and you get twice the amount for half the price. 

Meh:

VS Bodywash - Smelled good. Nothing Special.

Storebrand nail polish remover - Took a little while to take all the polish off.

Sweet Pea bodywash - Got this in a gift set. Mehh.

Lady Speedstick Deodorant - Got this in a pinch from the hotel I stayed at when my grandpa was in the hospital. I love my Dove a whole lot more.

HG/Maintenance Products - Head & Shoulders, Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo, Glamglow Supermud, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Boscia Konjac Sponge, Clinique Sunscreen
Loves - Fresh Rose Face Mask (Repurchased), Sephora Green Tea Mask (Repurchased)
Likes - Tory Burch Perfume (I have a full-size of this that's been unopened since February, I can't seem to make up my mind about it. I think it may be that I love Chloe way too much to switch.)
Indifferences - Tatcha Serum, Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Creme, Karuna mask, Missha Mask

Have not shared here since my Jan empties, so these are from Feb.  I was tempted to order a replacement Bumble and Bumble Oil during the recent sample offers, but they all look like the same faulty tubes.  And, I ordered a bit of shampoos lately, so I am pretty stocked.

I skipped posting my April empties because there weren't many so here are my combined April + May empties.

Would (re)purchase

Spoiler
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock (has been my staple forever)
FAB Ultra Repair Cream (I use this mostly on my poor dry hands)
DDG peel pads (just started a regimen to combat my dark spots)
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Glamglow Youthmud
Nude Omega Cleansing Jelly (I have a full size open, this was just the last foil I had)
Karuna Hydrating Mask (looove!)
Kaplan MD Lip Mask (the card I have had both the mask and the balm. I was able to use both twice and the mask was amazing but the balm pales in comparison to my good ol Vaseline)
Soap & Glory Hand Food (I always have a tube in my purse)
Jack Black Asian Pear Lip Balm (love this stuff for daytime use)
NYX Control Freak Brow Gel (so good that it has replaced the ABH one for me)
Bite Lush Lip Wipes (these are amazing esp at removing matte liquid lippies)

Still need to test further

Spoiler
belif Aqua Bomb (I liked it but not sure still. I have a deluxe to break into)
MUFE #2 primer
Mizon Water Max Aqua Gel Cream - loved the feeling, want to try it some more

big fat NO

Spoiler
Korres Greek Yoghurt Wipes - I normally like the Greek Yoghurt line (I love the sleeping facial and the primer) but this smells AWFUL.   I would never return a pack of wipes so I begrudgingly used this up.  

june empties!!!

IMG_5011

loves 

Spoiler
  • bioderma wipes – at first i wasn’t sure about these, simply because i LOVE my shiseido wipes!  i’ve fallen in love with these! these wipes are thick, large and work so well!! i actually cut the wipes in half to get more bang for my buck!
  • cinema secrets brush cleaner – i have to admit i HATE the scent on this!!  the alcohol scent is too harsh for my delicate nose Smiley Tongue however, i love the clean these give my brushes! it’s fast and effective
  • nivea hydro care lip balm – i am NEVER without this baybee!!!

Spoiler
  • bare minerals illuminating touch up veil
  • almay makeup eraser sticks – i always have some of these – i’m not finicky on brand – these were good but not special
  • fab facial radiance pads – i’m currently without these and haven’t noticed a change in my skin – i probably will not repurchase
  • l’oreal voluminous – this was ok but i feel like it dried up super quick
  • cotton rounds – these were ok but did leave little white fuzzies which i’m not a fan of
  • paula’s choice kp treatment cloths – i want to try more of these in order to make up my mind

IMG_5012

loves 

Spoiler
  • urban decay all nighter setting spray
  • chi silk infusion – i only use this when i straighten my hair – it protects my hair, keeps it from getting frizzy and keeps it shiny!
  • lancome bi-facial
  • living proof perfect hair day – this is another product that i use only when i straighten my hair but i love it
  • givency black taffela volume mascara

meh

Spoiler
  • clinique custom repair serum
  • clarins eye contour serum
  • ren active 7 eye gel

no

• Spoiler
    clinique lash feathering mascara

IMG_5013

loves 

Spoiler
  • soap and glory righteous butter
  • jill stuart body milk
  • hyaluronic acid moisturizing mask

meh

Spoiler
  • nivea in shower body lotion
  • tony moly dual sleeping mask
  • fresh black tea instant perfecting mask
  • glam glow bright mud
  • josie maran argan infinity cream
  • palmer’s cocoa butter
  • urban decay primer potion – original, eden
  • boscia black strips
  • kiehl’s epidermal micro-derm

I like pickles! I also need to put a serious dent in my beauty products. Fun thread!

i keep looking at this thread..... i really should do this.... good way to actually make dents in all my foils and products  

Not many empties this month.  Must do better!  

Love: 

Origins Checks and Balances face wash- I like minty, foamy face washes.

Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme- not the sort of thing I usually like at all.  I hate both Black and Velvet Orchid.  This one surprised me.  

Fresh Rose Gel Moisturizer- my new favorite summer moisturizer.  Smells beautiful.

Like: 

Sephora Mango handwash- nice fruity scent, got it in the sale section.  Not worth it to me at full price, but for $5, why not?

Hermes- Le Jardin de M. Li- this one has been growing on me.  I didn't like it much at first, but the kumquat really seems to be mellowing out the more I use it.  Or I've just gotten used to it.  Whatever.

Nude Rescue Oil- okay, though not a standout.  I liked the herbal scent.

Meh: 

- Bumble and Bumble Surf shampoo and conditioner- really no better for me than a drugstore shampoo

- Bumble and Bumble Full Potential- (that's those blue packets that refuse to show up in the picture).  I actually really like how this works, but really hate how it smells.  Smells like old-school hairspray.  Why?

My October empties

loves

likes and alrights

hates

Is that the Radiance Clarisonic Brush? What did you think of that? I bought a multi pack and will try that next, but I just opened a luxe brush about a week or so ago.

I still think using up all the perfume vials is impressive.

I love that MUFE fixing spray too.  I just got around to trying it last month and I swear it's changed my life.

I love this thread. 

I just finished a large bottle of Fresh Soy cleanser and a tub of the Body Shop Coconut body butter

Haha, great gif. This looks like my everyday face.

I've been collecting my empties for this thread since May of 2014. My husband still throws things out from time to time. He seriously cannot remember to only throw out his things and give me the things we share. It is annoying. I remember saving empties from our multiple vacation spots last December. The maid at the Polynesian Hotel at DisneyWorld threw out a bit of the stash I had hiding in the corner of the room in a disposable bag. She must have looked inside and saw nothing but trash. That was our last stay that trip, so she got a nice chunk of it.

4,344 Replies