Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Re: Empties

@deathkitty and @Lazybeautybeast I started saving my empties too. My stash is small but it makes me use my samples instead of hoarding them.

Isn't it fun? @deatgkitty I've been doing it since last m...

Isn't it fun? @deathkitty I've been doing it since last month and it has helped me start using up products because I want to post them. lol. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Re: Isn't it fun? @deatgkitty I've been doing it since last m...

Lol, it does give a strange sense of accomplishment. I've had to stop myself several times from tossing stuff in the garbage,  or fish stuff back out 🤣) but I'm doing it!

RE: Empties

October empties! 🖤👻 I also had a decluttering session to get rid of expired products. If there’s anything you can’t make out in the pictures, I can tell you what it is.

So clever! I love that you can go back to remember what worked for you and what didn’t!

Re: Empties

September-October Empties!

EmptiesEmpties

Will definitely repurchase

10.17 loves.jpg

Spoiler
Wella Brilliance Conditioner
Dove Body Wash
Dove Deodorant
Purity by Philsophy Face Wash
Drunk Elephant Baby Facial
Sunday Riley Saturn Mask
Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez
Kate Somerville RetAtmosphere Micro Peel
It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara
Origins VitaZing Moisturizer
Caudalie VinActiv Serum
Philosophy Facial Wipes
Kate Somerville Exfolikate

Would possibly repurchase again

10.17 likes.jpg

Spoiler
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
BBW Creamy Body Wash (like the formula, not my favorite scent)
Belif Moisturizer: Moisture Bomb (for night) and Aqua Bomb (for day under makeup)
Living Proof Phd Dry Shampoo
Soap and Glory Heel Genius - this is a gel, lightweight and nice but sometimes I prefer something a bit thicker
Lancôme Visionaire Eye Cream
Kate Somerville Moisturizers: Oil Free and Nourish
Kate Somerville Eradikate - great to put on spots overnight to shrink and dry them out.
Make Up For Ever Smoothing Primer
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rosegold
Stella McCartney POP Perfume - heard someone say this smells like Barbie's plastic shoes and there is no better explanation than that lol
Murad Time Release Cleanser - I really did enjoy this, couldn't say it's a love but I need to try more of this for sure.
Fenty Soft Matte Primer - pairs perfectly with the Fenty foundation and makes it last all day. Didn't wow me with any other foundation I tried it with though
Kate Somerville Eradikate Cleanser
Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua foundation in 030 - I never like light coverage foundation but this was absolutely stunning. I really might buy this someday
Korres Wild Rose Brightening Sleeping Facial
PTR Retinol Fusion PM
Kate Somerville Age Arrest Eye Cream
Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Hair Mask

Probably Wouldn't Repurchase

10.17 soso.jpg

Spoiler
Clinique Mild Facial Soap
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap - I LOVE this scent but it was so pricey for such a tiny bar ($8 for a bar that lasted maybe 8 uses). It was a jelly consistency which was nice but I cannot justify the price.
Kate Somerville Glow Moisturizer
Kat Von D Ink Liner - this is a stiff liner and is different than the tattoo liner which I love.
Bobbi Brown Remedies Calming - this felt nice but had a strange medicial scent
Becca First Light Primer
Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum Shampoo and Conditioner
Biolage Matcha Texturizing Spray
BBW Mango Mandarin Lotion
BBW At The Beach Shower Gel
BBW White Peach Candle
BBW French Lavender and Honey hand cream
Bobbi Brown Radiance Boost Mask

Definitely Won't Repurchase

10.17 dislikes.jpg

Spoiler
Swan Nail Polish Remover - not sure where I even got this lol but it was very drying. I am spoiled with my Zoya nail polish remover which is totally worth the $10.
NARS Liquid Blush in Orgasm - way too pink for me and I just do not like cream blush
Black Up Mattifying Primer - felt exactly like the Smashbox Photofinish primer - very silicone-y
YES to Tomatoes Detox Charcoal Wipes - these were very dry and tugged on the skin
Eva NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo

My empties bag was full again. Last time I did empties was 8/6 so it took me approximately 2.5 months to fill up the bag. IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

What is an emptys bag?

What is an emptys bag?

Re: What is an emptys bag?

@Natx2 It’s just a designated bag where I put all my used/empty products and when it’s full I post the content here😊

My empties for September and the first half of October.80EE16C1-0C27-458B-B0BA-F9F98E9B9328.jpeg28CAAF88-0CAA-47D1-971C-4C2E51A0F91E.jpeg

Loves: Nude perfect cleanser, Cosrx cleanser, The Chemistry hand and foot creams, L’Occitane Almond shower oil, Hourglass Immaculate Foundation, Amore Pacific cleansing foam, KVD Tattoo liner, Shiseido Facial cottons, Living Proof Prime Style Extender, Amika Colour Shampoo

Mehs: Shu Uemura color lustre shampoo, Amore Pacific Moisture Bound moisturizer , Ole Hennriksen sheer transformation moisturizer, Algenist Genius moisturizer, 

Not for Me: Fresh Soy cleanser, Clinique Pep Start cleanser, Lancome Energie sleeping mask

Empties for the first half of October.

Empties for the first half of October.

Here are my empties for the past month, September 2017. 

Loves (definitely will repurchase):

IMG_3961.JPG

Just ok:

IMG_3962.JPG

Dislikes (definitely will NOT repurchase):

IMG_3963.JPG

@MaryMadeup

Can I ask for your opinion on some of the products you used? o: Specifically the It bye bye pores, the Murad cleanser, and the Tarte gifted mascara

@KaitTheKatfish Sure! I really enjoyed the It Bye Bye powder because it kept me matte the whole day and helped my foundation not to oxidize. I also found it a good match for my fair skintone. I love the Murad cleanser because it removes makeup (even waterproof mascara) and doesn't irritate my eyes or dry out my skin. It also works well with the Clarisonic. 

I HATED the Tarte mascara. It's a very dry formula, and I only got a few uses out of it before it got too dry for my taste. It also flaked probably because of the dry formula, and it really did nothing for my lashes. 

Hope I helped!

@MaryMadeup(sorry for the late reply) thanks for all the info! I've been thinking about trying the bye bye pores and the murad cleanser, so your information was super helpful! I actually have the tarte mascara myself but I haven't used it much yet- I'm sorry to hear it was dry DD:

Did your kitty also enjoy the Better than Sex? (I have a similar effect on the charging cord for my laptop)

@coffeenow The mascara lid went onto my puppy's loves list. 🙂

Haha I was also wondering what the story was behind that mascara lid! 

LovesIMG_20171004_205258162.jpg

Spoiler
-Skitimate shave cream. I don't really care about scents or styles. It works.
-Belif Problem Solution Toner. Love it, I think this is like my 3rd or 4th bottle. Keeps my skin in check without overdrying.
-got2b rockin' it dry shampoo. It's a cheaper drung store brand, but it works pretty well for my hair/lasts all day. It's like $3 for a 4+ oz can. I'll take that over $20+ for a 5oz can of a fancier brand.
-Drunk Elephant C-Firma vit C serum. It's expensive, but it's the best one I've tried so far. I really notice a differencec in my skin. I'm totally bummed that I ran out before the November sale. I don't know if I'll be able to hold off repurchasing it until then!
-Tareguard suncreen. It's a little fragrant, but that doesn't bother me too much. I like that it is a physical sunscreen, but it absorbs easily and doesn't leave me looking greasy. For a while all the bottles were expired or expiring in a few months, but I plan to repurchase for Nov sale.
-Pur-lisse Blue Lotus sheet masks. I got these as samples in my ipsy and have really loved how my skin feels the next day. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I would consider purchasing them for real.
-Sisley Hydra-Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration. Omg I loved this stuff so much. I loved the smell; I loved putting it on; I loved the way it made my skin feel. But I didn't love the price, so I won't be purchasing this until I'm a millionaire because $200+ for 1.4 oz of moisturizer is insane. But any time I can get a sample of this, I will.
-Living Proof Restore Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm on my second set of foils out of 4, so hopefully I will really have an idea about how much I like it by the end of that. So far, I really like what it does to my hair, but I've been using it with the mask, so I don't know if it's the whole line or just the mask. Need to experiment more.

MehsIMG_20171004_205305594.jpg

Spoiler
-Micahel Todd Charcoal detoxifying mask. Got this in Birchbox. I liked the way it made my skin feel, but depending on my other skincare, sometimes it would burn a bit. I think I would explore other formulas in the brand first.
-Batiste Dry Shampoo. I liked it but didn't feel like it lived up to the hype that everyone gives it. It worked just fine, but not better than my got2b, so unless it's on super sale, I'll be using something else.
-Dermalogica Multi-active Toner. I have a larger size that I'm going to keep using. It has dimethicone, which I think my skin my be sensitive to, but it's worth trying some more. It's not as lovely as the Belif toner.
-Caudlie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream. This was a little thick for the summer, and I'm not sure if it did anything amazing, but it didn't do anything super horrible.
-PeterThomasRoth Glycolic Acid 10% Toning Complex. I didn't use this regularly, so I probably missed out on all the benefits, but it did make my skin feel nice the next morning. I don't like that it has alcohol in it, so I'll be trying other things.
-Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion. I like the texture of this, but  I'm not sold on if it's worth the price.
-Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter. I think I could really like this, but I need a bigger sample/more foils to detemine. The smell was a little off putting, but I could overlook that if I like what it does for my skin. Wish the full size came in a pump bottle.

NopesIMG_20171004_205316687.jpg

Spoiler
-Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner. I don't think this did much to defrizz my hair, and it left my hair feeling a bit greasy.
-Tresemme Splilt Remedy. I mostly just using this up because I had it. Left my hair drier than I would prefer.
-Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser. I didn't like the way my skin felt after using this. But in general, I don't think my skin reacts well to this line.
-Sephora Instant Moisture + Cream. The frangrance was way overpowering, it feels kind of heavy on my skin, plus it has dimethicone. Not worth exploring any more than that.
-Urband Decay Supercurl Mascara. I'm actually trying to go through my mascara samples in a reasonable time frame. I don't know if this was old or what, but it made my eyes water a lot. Combined with not doing anything amazing for my lashes, I moved on very quickly without actually using it up.

I'm a bit bummed that this is all I got through in 5 months (last time I posted empties), but I'll keep plugging along going through my stash.

Just found out I have used so many Loccitane hand cream,really love the mini size, I put in my every purse so whenever I needed, I have one😆

Re: RE: Empties

@Sandy0905 The Loccitane Shea cream is my favorite! I've used it for years and the full size will last me like 9 months.

8,134 Replies
testing