Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I take it you liked that palette? I've been pondering the too faced matte one. 

@WhereYouStandit was a nice palette but it doesn't offer a whole lot of diversity in shades.  i'm not sure if i'd repurchase it but i'm glad that i was able to use it up.

i'm trying to see how much i can use up for the too faced matte eye palette and the boudoir eye palette.  right now both are super close to getting decluttered!

i find the matte palette isn't the easiest to work with.  takes a lot of effort to get any pigmentation and colour payoff and then there is a lot of powder kick up when i finally do 

Thanks sparklekai for the feedback this is good to know. there seems to be a big hype around too faced eyeshadow palettes I was just curious if they were worth it or a tad overrated. I have been eyeing many of their palettes but still debating this gives me some info on the neutral mattes in those palettes. I think i will wait on purchasing it now.   Smiley Happy 

I don't want to sound rude but I am just genuinely curious: How do you ladies manage to save your empties? The second I finish something (and even in the last few uses leading up to empty), I am so giddy about being able to toss it. There's no way I could make myself save stuff for photographing each month. Smiley Very Happy

I keep my empties in a Sephora bag and the main reason was because I keep a spreadsheet of all my products and usually once a month I'll gather them up and update it. I only recently started taking pics because I now post them here as well as my blog.

I have a paper tote bag (currently one from Lush) on the floor of my closet.  I toss everything in there.  Large items (looking at you conditioner) I just stand up next to the bag.  If I had to look at everything I wouldn't save it!

I have a basket under one of my bathroom sinks.  Every time I finish something I pitch it in vs. throwing it in the trash.  I also keep a baggie with me when I travel.

I keep mine in one of those Sephora totes we got during the VIB sales last year. I don't allow myself to buy any products until I fill up the bag! I had way too many similar opened products that were cluttering up my room so it's kind of like an incentive to help me finish half used products. Plus I just recycle all of the empty containers at once Smiley Happy

In a small storage bin that is opaque so I can't see them. Within it, I keep a notebook of reviews of all the empties Ive had prior to photographing and tossing them.

Nice! That is well organized and thorough. I don't think I could be bothered to take the time keeping a notebook reviewing each item. I rarely even remember to review products I love and use regularly.

I keep a plastic bin under my sink that holds my empties. I only keep and try the samples I want and am curious about. Others go to my sister and mom every time I see them. Keeps clutter to a minimum. 

Yup, I'm the same with samples. I send the rest out in TSBs and trades.

I keep a bag under the bathroom sink.  That way, no one has to look at my trash, and it's easy to toss stuff in there when I'm done.  

Same. I have OCD, so I could not handle it if it was in view. Out of sight, out of mind. If I can do it, anyone can. My OCD is almost As Good as it Gets bad.

That makes sense too. Maybe I'll try this whenever I move to a larger space... It would be nice to keep track of what I have tried and what I have liked vs. not liked. I keep a pretty good mental list of these things, but pictures might make it easier.

I refer back to the old pictures all the time, so the record helps. Writing a mini review on each item also helps me remember what I thought of it. Sometimes, I cannot even remember what I thought of something (unless I loved or hated it). At times, I forget I even tried something. Then, I see it in an old picture, old thread entry, or old blog post and my memory is refreshed. It helps. Plus, getting someone's opinion after they finished it is better than when they've first bought it. Feelings can change over time. 

Nope not rude! You aren't the only one, I throw things out right away.  Maybe try tossing it in a box like sofjia recommended? I'm going to try it.

Okay, you try it and report back. Smiley Very Happy

update so far: no good lol!

I have a big ol' sephora box (nonetheless!) sitting in a corner of my room that I toss them all in, and I watch my pile grow >:] its oddly satisfying, its toppling over now and pretty soon I get to empty it because I will be moving and I don't want to move trash with me XD it has over 8 months worth of empties in it o.O

I know what you mean.  I find it weirdly satisfying to see my bin fill up as the month progresses and to empty it out at the end of the month.

4,645 Replies