Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: Empties

Three Advent calendars and two other gift sets!  My boss, a coworker, my husband, and an aunt, all got me L'Occitane, plus I had bought myself an Advent calendar because I thought my husband had forgotten!  I am a big fan, and am never without a mini-size hand cream in my bag, sometimes two--plus one in my pocket, the car...  It's definitely a fool proof gift for people to get me--and they come in all different price points. 🙂 

All but one had the Almond as well, love that!  

seems you had a tough last couple of weeks in the product...

seems you had a tough last couple of weeks in the product department @flamingolegs. kudos to you for finishing them.! sending some "loves" wishes your way😍💖💖

RE: Empties

October empties Bite agave lip balm- nice but I prefer the mask Evian facial spray - meh SK II RNA power eye cream - nice and good texture It’s a 10 potion 10 miracle styling potion Spa life bubble mask

Re: Empties

Loves

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

Meh/Nope

IMG_0771.JPG

Hi @suzyo,

I recently got the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask 1 x 0.68 oz/ 20 mLin the Skincare Wonderland favorites for Sephora inside JCPenney. I've heard so many good reviews and I'm so excited to try it. How did you like it?

-Helen

@HelenBT It was kinda borderline meh/like. I didn't get any noteworthy results, but I'd be willing to try it again when my skin is less dry, like the summertime.

I just opened my mini Bum Bum cream. It smells soooooo good! I thought I loved the smell of the Soap and Glory Smoothie Star buttercream, but that Bum Bum cream smells heavenly! 

Empties

October Empties. Staple product was the Tropics Jamaican Black Castor Oil. My hair loves it. Product loves for the month were: Sephora Watermelon Cleansing Wipes, Too Faced Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer, Cutex One-Step Pads, Juice Up Kale Mask, Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield SPF 30, Burts Bees lip mask, and both pumpkin candles. Two products I will not repurchase were: elf eye masks and Lush Charity Pot. The eye masks showed no improvement and the Charity Pot body lotion left a residue on my skin everytime. I liked the idea of the cause, but I washed my hands every single time after application. Honestly it was disappointing.

A little morning trash:

Loves70DCB47E-26DA-4743-A163-9F0C34CF69E6.jpeg

Spoiler
The Mamonde (AmorePacific brand) is part of a set. It’s good but there are other masks that do what it does for <$7. The Mediheal Eggy Mask was awesome. Haven’t posted about it on the masking thread but 💗💗💗.  The Laneige 4 Water Pocket Mask is so thin and comfy. The Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask I have already reordered in the newer version that comes with a dry sheet mask that has vitamin C dots. I ordered a set that also comes with a Raspberry & Lentil and a Kale & Grapefruit mask. The Burt’s Bees Lip crayon in Sedona Sands is my daily lippie. I’ve got a few backups😉.

GoodCFDDA520-080D-492D-A905-4217731CB8F1.jpeg

Spoiler
Nothing terribly wrong with any of these. Some are repeats (Tata Harper, Rose Face Mask, Skyn Iceland Hydrogels). The Dr.Jart+ Mask is apparently a reformulation and I prefer the old one. The Mitomos Japanese Mask was very hydrating but had trouble sticking to my chin which was a little annoying. But it worked!

Probably not againBC14637B-FD17-4163-8C24-F9D8DD346B81.jpeg

Spoiler
The Crème Shop made my eyes water and when I read the ingredients, there was alcohol not too far down the list🙄. To be fair, I’ve only tried the A’Pieu Steam Mask once, it didn’t warm up as much as the other steam mask I use. It could have been a fluke, I have a couple more to try so it may show back up on my ❤️ list.

October EmptiesIMG_0303.jpg

Spoiler

Repurchases
- Manefit Honey Nutrition + Vitalizing mask
- The Creme Shop Charcoal Lemonade Fusion Sheet Mask
- A'Pieu Pure Milk One-Pack
- Peach Slices Hydrate sheet mask
- By Wishtrend Hours-long Moisturizing Gauze Sheet Mask
- ElishaCoy Refreshing Ampoule Solution Mask
- ElishaCoy Brightening Ampoule Solution Mask

IMG_0308.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases Continued
- Shea Moisture Coconut Oil & Shea Butter All-Over Hydration Body Lotion
- Stratia Liquid Gold
- UD All Nighter Setting Spray
- Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens
- Benefit Precisely By Brow Pencil
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Clay Mask
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (Champagne)
- Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Yes to Coconut lip balm
- MAC Fix +

IMG_0309.jpg

Spoiler

Products I would repurchase
- The Oozoo Royal Jelly Fresh Capsule Mask
- Nature Republic Real Nature Hydrogel Mask
- Leaders Amino Moisture Mask
- Blue Mer All-In-One Vital Facial Mask
- TonyMoly Natural Aroma Rosemary Mask Sheet

IMG_0310.jpg

Spoiler

Products I would repurchase continued
- Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Tangerine Body Wash
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet
- Ole Henriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser (discontinued)
- Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence
- Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream
- Smashbox Super Fan Mascara
- Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer

IMG_0311.jpg

Spoiler

Just Ok
- A'Pieu Cucumber Slice Sheet Mask
- A'Pieu Watermelon Slice Sheet Mask
- The Creme Shop Coconut Water sheet mask
- The Creme Shop Propolis Face Mask
- SooAE Skin Recovery Biocellulose Mask
- The Creme Shop Egg Infused Face Mask

Nice empties from last month @MoniDJ

Nice empties from last month @MoniDJ

@MoniDJ How did you manage to finish the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cleanser? That stuff went bad on me so quick! In fact, I'm almost positive that's why it was discontinued, lol.

@suzyo I used it up quickly because I tend to use a lot more cleanser than what is actually needed. This small tube was gone in no time.

@MoniDJ you’ve got some great masks here! I have that ElishaCoy Brightening one planned for this week so I’m pretty excited to see that you give it a 👍🏼. Love The Oozoo, have you tried the Rose capsule one or the Aurora yet? 💗 that Peach slices Hydrate mask as well!

@eshoe This was my first The Oozoo mask, but I'll definitely be trying more since I really liked this one. I'll add the rose and aurora to my list.

The In-Shot Mask Nutrient is another good one from The Oozoo, @MoniDJ. I have the Silk Cocoon in my stash yet to try in addition to a couple of other In-Shot style masks. Love the brand overall!

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.30.54 PM.png

makeup

would repurchase

• too faced chocolate soleil bronzer
  • smashbox primerizer

would use again

• mac fix + lavender
  • dr brandt pores no more luminizer primer
  • vdl primer
  • mac strobe cream
  • nude stix concealer
  • colourpop brow pencil
  • colourpop super shock shadows (bae, meow, birthday girl, birthday boy, revolution)
  • l’areal eva’s pink
  • mac whirl
  • bite lipstick (fig, rose gold)
  • too faced melted fig
  • milani cancel & perfect 2 in 1 foundation
  • tarte lifted mascara 

no

• amazing cosmetics amazing concealer - too thick for me, creased and felt too heavy
  • mac spiked eyebrows - too dry for my liking, shade too dark
  • tarte multipleye primer - i prefer the urban decay subversion. i found this made my lashes feel heavy and didn’t  lengthen or hold a curl
  • dsl rouge pur couture 22 - not a fan of the shade

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.31.44 PM.png

skincare  

would repurchase

• laneige multi cleanser

would use again

• garner skin active micellar water
  • equate oil free  moisturizer 

no

• ulta beauty smoothing apricot scrub - too harsh for my skin.  i ended up using this on my body

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.32.52 PM.png

haircare 

would repurchase

• redone curvaceous ringlets perfecting lotion 

would use again

• devacurl melt into moisture matcha butter conditioning mask
  • devacurl build up buster gentle deep cleaning serum

no

• pantene dream care shampoo & conditioner - my hair felt so dry after using this!

IMG_3912.jpeg

bodycare

would repurchase

•   nivea intensive nourishment non greasy cream - i received this from nivea and top box circle for review and i fell in love.  first the small sample has a surprising amount of product.  more importantly this was amazing for hydrating my skin.  winters in canada can be harsh but i feel like this will combat that well

would use again

• vaseline problem skin
  • thentix skin conditioner

random 

would use again

• equate quilted pads

Just a little handful of trash. 😉 It's taken me so long to post this, I now already have another trash pile waiting to have it's glamour shots! Haha!1C0C0D1C-E04B-4010-9535-239C598F7E84.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Wipes – Out of the ones I've tried, these are my favorite so far, but still would consider these to be pretty average. None of them seem to really remove waterproof mascara like they claim, but this one does do a little better and doesn't leave my face dried out.

Loves:

SEPHORA Mini Watermelon Wipes -They smell wonderful, have a good thickness and these mini ones are a perfect size for my purse!

Likes – almost loves:

YTTP Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream - I love everything about this except the smell. Not bad, and it is pretty light, just not a fan of the mushroom scent. It really does a great job moisturizing (even a little better than the Kale Cream) and I love the consistency of it, so I would definitely use it again, just wouldn't repurchase.

KORRES Greek Yoghurt Cream Cleanser – No problems with it or anything, not quite a love just because it didn't seem like anything special to me. It had good results, but nothing outstanding and did nothing more than other cleansers that are cheaper can do. This is another one I'd definitely use again, just not repurchase.

IT COSMETICS Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream – I have always stated I loved this, but I really just almost love it. I love the amount of coverage, the consistency of it, I love that it has SPF 50 and I love that it helps keep my skin hydrated more than all the other foundations I've tried. I just don't love that the lightest shade (fair) is actually not light enough for my skin tone. I have always mixed it with a little bit of a lighter foundation, used lightening drops and have also used self tanner to make my face just slightly darker. I'm starting to get tired of that extra step and since I doubt complaining to the company about developing lighter shade options will actually do anything, I am now very actually searching around for other foundations. 🤷‍♀️ 

Stocking up on the minis @Shosh85! Love the coconut ones after the gym. Just can't use them on my eyes (they irritate me just enough to make it uncomfortable) have you tried the TCS collagen wipes yet?

@sonnydee I don't think I've tried the Collagen ones yet. Do you like them? When I was at TJ Maxx the other day I found some baking soda ones...... I didn't end up getting them, because I've heard both good and bad things about baking soda on your skin and wasn't sure about it yet, haha! Have you tried those ones?

@Shosh85 not the baking soda ones, no. I have 3 opened right now 🤣 collagen, coconut & micellar. The collagen ones smell really good to me. The Micellar, i xan smell the alcohol in them so i try to use those sparingly. But none can really take off mascara all the way off. I finally found the witch hazel ones!🍾

8,140 Replies
testing