Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Did you know that you can turn in all your beauty /cosmetic, empties at Nordstrom rack? I know the UK has some programs where you get a mailer but thought this was a great idea…. Sephora should really do it

They do have them in Sephora store's

@jaqi99  Thanks for sharing!

@jaqi99 They totally do have collection bins for empties in Sephora stores 💙💚

Oooh, didn't realize there was a thread for the empties! Today, I just happened to be throwing out empties (which I usually do in the beginning of each month because I'm just so lazy)

I go through skincare very often and I literally scrape till the last drop. 

Biossance Squalane + BHA Pore-Minimizing Toner 4.0 oz/ 120 mL this is always on my repeat purchases. I'm currently using everyone's holy grail Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant but... don't throw tomatoes, I like the biossance better... 😅

Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL tbh. I've tried almost every product from glow recipe.. I am not a huge fan. I think it does what it says but I have better products for everything in their line.. that being said, I currently do have everything from their line that I need to use up... so they should be coming up in my next empties

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer forever GOAT. Pretty sure ive tried most of all concealers on the market. Already repurchased this and been using the new one 😂 I actually got a sample of the MAKEUP BY MARIO SurrealSkin™ Awakening Concealer 140 and can't say that I love it as much as the nars... IF ANYONE HAS ANY RECS ON SOMETHING BETTER, I would LOVE to try (concerns: undereyes, don't need anything full coverage but don't mind, need something that doesn't crease) 🥰🥰🥰

belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb Cream with Squalane I buy this frequently. It's pretty good that I put it on my regular rotation. Haven't repurchased but will. Currently, using iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Bright & Tight Dark Circle Firming Eye Cream with Vitamin C & Peptides 0.5 oz / 15 mL instead.

20230903_153014.jpg

@jaaayp  Great job! I hope you find a great concealer! 

Sounds like perfect timing @jaaayp welcome to the thread! 💞

Thank you @CynthieLu 🥰

@jaaayp Lovely empties! I am glad you were able to find this thread!

Thank you @Mellmars1185 hehe 💓 

I keep saving my empties, but keep forgetting to post them, looks like I've got two months worth again, whoops! 

YTD 238

IMG_20230830_191543695.jpg

Spoiler
Lotsa repeats here for me, how about I just hit some highlights and y'all ask if there's something I didn't cover here?

The combo of Kinship Naked Papaya Cleanser + Kose Sekkesei Lotion + Korres Poreless Skin Cream...um, the most amazing skin I've had in years. Not perfect, far from it, I've got lots of discoloration and pretty significant pores, but this mix cleared up so much of the lingering congestion I've been trying to eradicate for eternity. The Kose has been languishing in the back of my cabinet for goodness only knows how long, tested for a bit and then set off to the side for forgotten reasons, but once I started using it this time for a few days, I looked it up and discovered why I had cast it off before...it's got alcohol in it, and it's a pretty significant amount, second on the ingredients list. But holy heck, my skin hasn't glowed like this in forever, so now I'm questioning all sorts of things, and am watching for a deal on more of this in the future. I've used the Korres before and wasn't wowed, but I'm liking it more with this mix of stuff, and may pick up a jar of it (ugh, jars) when it's half-off next week for 21 Days; also watching for a deal on the Kinship cleanser.

This finally concludes the last of my Philosophy Purity Cleanser packets lol...now I can move on to the rest of the little bottles I have stashed

I liked the Neutrogena Hydrating Cleansing Gel, it foamed nicely and cleansed well, and is fragrance-free to boot.

Davroe Curl Creme Definer was really nice...more hold than any other cream I've tried, a little stiff until I scrunched it out, but overall a winner. I have too many other samples to consider buying right now, but it's on my short list of potential repurchases in the future.

Nexxus HydraLight shampoo was fine; it's several years old, purchased at the end of my drugstore phase right before I discovered Ulta and prestige haircare and eventually got shuffled around to the back of the closet at some point. I'm finally trying to clear all that stuff out, ha, and using it up was a bit bittersweet. It cleansed well, leaving my hair perhaps a touch squeakier than I go for these days, but it didn't leave me with brittle straw either...a decent conditioner evened things back out and left me with good hair.

The fragrance samples are Phlur Tangerine Boy (basic citrus, but I didn't find it to be anything special, then the sprayer stopped working), Calvin Klein Defy (lovely scent, very woody/fresh), and MMR Jazz Club (one of my faves).

IMG_20230830_190434402.jpg

Spoiler
I've used several minis of Hempz lotion and liked them just fine, but once using a full size, I'm less of a fan, and I am vaguely confused by this. I found it to be thinner than the minis, and not as moisturizing, and now I'm sad I have two or three more in the cabinet...hopefully this bottle was just an outlier 🤞

Dionis Sole Keeper is nicely minty, I've been through a couple of these before. My newest one though, the one I just opened to replace this one, is different somehow...now it pills up if I rub too much, and I'm thoroughly annoyed by this 😕

Dr Foot Cracked Heel Cream is vaguely stinky, but it's got urea on the list so this is expected. Worked ok, not rushing out to buy more, but it was $5, so I wouldn't be opposed to scooping up more at TJM if I saw it again 😛

Clarins Foot Cream is divine, nice and thick, highly moisturizing! The honeysuckle scent is strong, it's not a scent I can tolerate all the time, but I love it as a little treat every now and again. Might break down and buy a tube at some point, eek

IMG_20230830_190759273.jpg

Sheet masks/eye patches, all good

@RGbrown  Great job!! 

@ather 

Thank you! 💖

Wow @RGbrown that hemp moisturizer be SCRAPED. VERY impressed 😂

@jaaayp 

Ha, I try not to let much go to waste 😁

@RGbrown wow

@CorgiMommy 

I just keep plowing through as best I can...it helps that I love gwps and have tons of samples to inflate my count 😂😂😂

@RGbrown Great job!! I was just reorganizing my wishlists and came across the Oats my Bananas masks I have saved lol. 

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! I'd never tried that brand before, but it was nice! 

@RGbrown the Clarins Foot Cream sounds delicious.

8,134 Replies
testing