Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Omg, 850 empties @itsfi!! 🤯🤯🤯 Wow!! Well done. Thank you for all the detailed notes on these!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! I'm working my way through products which makes me very happy. Except for makeup, all my open / partially used  products are from 2020 or 2021 purchases - yes!!! 

Year end total 399!

I would have tried harder to finish off just one more thing if I had realized how close I was to cracking 400 😂

IMG_20220101_153804907.jpg

Many of these are items I've talked about before (my routine has been pretty stable this year, and I tend to stock up on items I like), so I'll only mention the newbies this time:

Homeworx candle (Cranberry Vanilla Frost): new scent to me, and it smelled nice, but as with nearly every other Homeworx candle I've tried, I just don't find it impressive enough throw-wise for the price. They smell good cold, and they burn well, leaving next to nothing when done, but they burn fast, and rarely fill up my space with scent. Even on sale, and with lowered expectations, the brand as a whole gets an "eh, whatever" rating from me now, and I think I'm about done with second (or 3rd or 9th...) chances...the first one I ever had was downright amazing and I keep hoping the next one will be as fabulous as that one, but they never are. Will likely ignore from now on, even on sale.

Living Proof PhD Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo: I hated the scent of the old one so badly that I can't even remember if I liked the performance, I just noped it off my list immediately. This one smells better to me, it's a citrusy scent, fairly sharp, but not cleaning-product sharp, just tart, reminiscent of lemon peels. It only worked ok for me on the first day, getting my bangs less oily-looking, but not lasting all day, requiring touchup in the evening if I was headed out. Weirdly though, on days 2 and 3, it did a much better job at keeping the oily look at bay for longer. Little to no buildup/flaky stuff on my scalp until day 3 or rolling into day 4. I still have others I like better, and this doesn't make my buy list, but I have another travel to try, and will look forward to seeing how round 2 goes...perhaps it could move up the rankings...me hating their first dry shampoo had me convinced I'd hate this one too at first, so it definitely needs another try with fewer biases against it lol.

Briogeo Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Hair Mask: I find a lot of "moisture" hair masks don't do much for me in the moisture department, but I tried this after a clarifying shampoo and it did a pretty nice job of making my hair soft after my strongest shampoo. I liked the Don't Despair, Repair mask a touch better for the same task, but I'd happily try this again if I ever came across another sample (or better yet, a deluxe or travel tube). 

IMG_20220101_153433578.jpg

I still dislike the Oozoo mask, and I'm just trying to finish off the Skyn Iceland gels I keep forgetting I own, but the other two were good!

@RGbrown, I feel the same way about that Briogeo avocado hair mask. Their hair masks are great; my favorites are the original honey one as well as the original mask. 

@itsfi 

I got the banana shampoo and conditioner in Gratis right after they first came out, and wasn't impressed at all, so the brand has been on my snooze list for years now. But now that I've gotten a few samples of other products from a certain orange retailer, I'm starting to find I like at least some of their stuff 😋 

Great empties and thanks for the reviews. That Living Proof never did much for me, though I wanted to like it. The IGK Upgraded First Class Dry Shampoo Duo is my HG, repurchase item. @RGbrown 

@sister13 

First Class did not agree with me...my hair, while oily as can be, is baby fine, and FC dried it out instantly, making my hair feel like straw. I tried their "medium strength" one over the summer, IGK Direct Flight Multi-Tasking Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 307 mL, and loved it though! If I can ever find a good deal, I'll scoop it up again in a heartbeat!

So close, @RGbrown!! But that's still so many empties!! Amazing!! 

@haleyvvvv 

I didn't expect to have nearly this many this year...I started falling out of love with "try all the things" last year, and settled on using up my hoard of stuff I knew I liked. Most of that is still in sample format though, because I'm a ho for a good gwp, and that helped keep my numbers a little higher than I anticipated 😂 Committing to using up some of my sheet masks helped pad that total a bit too, and I'm glad to see that stash starting to shrink!

20211229_201328.jpg

 This is my first post here! My favourite product was the Clinique Clearing Jelly. It did not clog my pores. I will be purchasing the full size. The retinol was good and did the job but had a smelly sock scent to it. I liked the mac setting spray but it didnt spray well coming out of that little bottle.

Nice empties! Smelly sock, lol. @Mellmars1185 

Nice empties, @Mellmars1185!!

I have that retinol to try, thanks for the warning about the smelly sock scent 🧦😆

@haleyvvvv Hehe no problem. Do you know any retinols thay smell better?

I really like the Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, @Mellmars1185. just often has a sample or.point reward so it can be tested. It's a bit strong so not an everyday one to start for sure. The Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz is also good but I prefer the KS one.

@haleyvvvv Thank you! I will keep this in mind!

@Mellmars1185, I’ve wondered about those Clinique jelly serums. Have heard good things about them. That’s great that it didn’t clog pores. It says a lot that you will be picking up a full size. Will keep an eye out for the full size in the hauls thread as well as in future empties posts - would be great to get your feedback on how it performs over a period of time. 😃 

Yaaay for your first empties post. 🎉 Looking forward to hearing about more of your empties! 

Empties from the first half of December (MTD: 28 / YTD: 828)

12.22.2021 Empties 2.jpg

No duds in this mix of sheet masks. All were hydrating or moisturizing, sometimes both, and they all added a little extra glow to my face, albeit temporarily. There was some tingling with the Beauty Pie Uber Youth Mask (last row, first mask) and Yehwadam Revitalizing mask (last row, fourth mask), but no lasting irritation from it; the patches that made up the first step of the Yehwadam Brightening Nourishing Mask (last row, fifth mask) left some redness that was still there the next morning - ugh! Standouts of this crew (all in the first row, marked with a ❤️) were:

• Too Cool For School Natural Vita Mask (Hydrating) is made up of one of my favorite types of sheet mask materials - Tencel - this one was super thin and felt like second skin. It had a lovely cooling and calming feel to it and the essence smelled deliciously of watermelon candy. 🍉 Results-wise, my skin felt nicely hydrated.
  • CosRX Advanced Snail Mucin Power Sheet Mask was another Tencel mask and also had that second skin feel to it thanks to the soft and super thin material. The thin essence absorbed quickly and without tack or stickiness, and left my skin well hydrated with a glistening dewiness and soft bounce.
  • and 2 discontinued masks - Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask (a hydrogel that adheres really nicely to the skin) and the 
  • Mediheal x BTS Limited Edition Bio Capsulin "Love Me" Hydra Mask (thinner leaning coconut gel bio-cellulose mask that left my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated with a brightened, fresh-faced glow. 
12.22.2021 Empties 1.jpg
The gummies were "meh" and the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Weightless Hair Mask was good, but not a standout. Meyers Clean Day Soy Candle is a nice one to keep on hand in the kitchen; I tend to reach for it when I've been cooking something with gives off a strong, lingering smell. The Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL is the "love" of this batch and actually, the find of the month - I was not expecting to like it as much as I did, but what is not to love about smoother, more hydrated and more supple skin?! In just 10 days no less!!!

And yes, it's RIP mini skincare fridge. You served me well. 👋

@itsfi 

RIP mini fridge. I never really bought into them but it sounds like you got good use of it.

Wonderful empties! Sorry about the loss of your mini fridge! @itsfi 

@sister13, it had been so cold here (cold for us) that I wasn't putting my sheet masks in the mini fridge. I didn't realize it had gone kaput until I went to reach for my undereye gel patches one morning. 🤣 I got a good 3+ years out of it so I'm happy. 

Oh no, @itsfi!! RIP mini fridge!! 

Great set of empties!! Algenist makes some nice night products. Glad you found a winner!! 

8,134 Replies
testing