Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nice job on the foils, @itsfi.

Thank you @CookieGirl1! The challenge was a very good reminder to work through that stash. 😊 They can accumulate so quickly. This is actually also reminding me that I need to look through some recently acquired gwps to decide which to keep and which to donate. 

@itsfi I actually LOVE foils (although I know that a lot of people don't).  It's a good way to try something that I've been curious about but i also love it for times when I feel like I really want to buy something new but know that I shouldn't so I take out a foil to kind of simulate the idea of having something new to play with.

@CookieGirl1, that's a smart way to use foils. Are there certain categories of products (e.g., skincare, makeup, fragrance, etc.) that you find yourself reaching for more frequently with your foil samples? 

@itsfi Thank you for the information.   I agree about scented products.  Especially if you are putting it on your hair and face.  I have a sample of the Wishful exfoliated but have not tried.  I am looking to smelling it !! 

@Cissy63, I don’t mind scent in product if it’s light but do try to avoid when it’s in a skincare product, especially the more perfumes scents; my skin seems to be prone to react to those more.

I’ve just started to keep track of my empties total to date 30 as of March 31, 2022

Pic #1

0D5A5CE7-16C7-491A-9040-C0DC8A44970D.jpeg

 #Sephora Lychee Face Mask - I Really like those facemask the sheet was well saturated with Serum and it sit pretty well and the response to my skin was great it was soft moist and brightened.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Face Mask Coconut- I like this mask as well it sit well that she was well saturated with Serum and it fit my face well and the results were a softer smoother brightened face.

#Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks- I used two over these over the month and I do like this they make my under eye feels soft and look a little brighter.

#Lancôme Renergie Lift face mask - this mask was well saturated with the serum after using it my face was very soft and felt smooth and did look brightened. 

#patchology lip gel mask - This mask was a little strange to use placing it over both upper and lower lips in the surrounding area it didn’t sit too well at least not for as long as they wanted you to keep it on but my lips were pretty soft after using it. 
#Tula Facial gel wipes with these ended up being was a facial cleanse one side had the serum you put it under water soften it up use it on your face in the other side and almost like a little exfoliation area where you would remove the product rub it around your face from time before your rinsed it off this was OK but I don’t think I can buy it again it’s not really what I would want in a mask.

Mask+ology face mask-This was a two-step mask you apply the serum I’m used as much of it from the packet as you can so it’s really sick and then the paper sheeting is a dry paper that you apply and it sticks to the serum after finishing at you take off the paper and it’s supposed to actually adhere to your skin it’s gentle a pull off I just don’t think it really did much of anything for me and I really don’t care for this kind of product I don’t think I would buy it again.

Pic #2

E74A2233-8730-4AE4-B2BF-7D9AA487C565.jpeg

 Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap-Bath and Bodyworks is one of my favorite brands for hand soap this particular scent  is a rosewater scent  and I really do like that scent  of course it cleans your hands well and it does leave them soft

#human + kind hand scrub- This was a fine hand scrub nothing special about it but it did make my hands very soft and I liked using it when in the shower and also use it on my feet and they came out very soft but it’s nothing exceptional I don’t think that I would be purchasing it again.

#Korres Santorini Grape Sea Mist body butter- I loveKorres products this is a very light scent not overwhelming it’s very moisturizing  on my quite dry skin and I will repuchase Korres again absolutely.

Pipette body cream -I received this in a Beachly box and I really like this scent that beach scent of coconut and suntan cream and it’s just was so soft and moisturizing I really enjoyed this problem if I ever see it again I would be purchase it.

#Bad Habit mint facial cleanser-This facial cleanser was great the smelter the mint just peaked into your nose and it was so refreshing and clean feel on your face I say it was not overly dry it felt soft and moist afterwards this I would re-purchase.

Soji Health face moisturizer - This moisturizer was not bad but it was nothing really exceptional about it the only thing that was a whole different wasn’t had a cooling sensation as you applied it to your skin my skin was soft but there’s just other moisturizers and I don’t think I necessarily have to buy this again

#Philosophy hope and hand moisturizing lotion - This lotion did have green tea in it and you could actually pick up a tea sense from it I did like it maybe my hands really soft this was a little gift at Christmas from a family member I appreciate it I use hand cream all the time if I wanted to I would repurchases but I just have so many right now that I don’t need to do the repurchase at present.

Baush & Lomb dry eye drops- I like these drops and I will buy another bottle my

eyes are so dry that I produced very little natural tears so I find these are very effective.

#Huda Beauty Wishful Thirst Trap Juice - this is one product I wish Sephora would carry. I really like this product it’s hyaluronic acid and it’s quickly absorbed into my face and it really improve the overall texture and tone and appearance of my skin. Right now I am using up other hyaluronic acid products so I will re-purchase this one though when I’m finished with the other products.

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 - this is the first sunscreen that I can really use on my face it’s a gel a clear gel actually it goes on so smoothly and it can act as a primer as well. Because it’s a gel I don’t have any white cast on my face that makes me look like a ghost. It’s been effective in preventing a  sunburn so far and I hope as the weather gets warmer and I’m outside more it’ll continue to work well for me I have already repurchased it.

#Skinfix Minty Mint lip balm-This was good it actually had a nice minty flavor it just didn’t last very long I did finish the whole tube I have other lip balm right now so I don’t think I’ll be looking to re-purchase this in the near future.

Pic 3

5A336EAA-D012-4A7B-9C7C-67013E15919E.jpeg

 Greenwich Soap Co Lemon and Verbena scented soap - I really enjoy this soap I purchase it from a shop at the Jersey shore. It comes in the soap,body lotion , talcum powder and it just has such a wonderfully light scent nothing that’s overpowering I repurchase this already along with the body powder and body lotion it makes a body scrub too.

#Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - this was a sampler it had four colors in it. Unfortunately none of the colors were a good match for my eyebrow color. Plus I do like an eye pencil or an eye gel preferably to working with a brush in the promenade. So I don’t think this is the product that I’m going to be looking to make a actual purchase of. 
#Kiehl’s Line reducing dark circle reducing vitamin C eye cream- this cream made the under riah softer area it blended it really easily did not irritate my eyes or my skin and it was just fine I just have some other eye creams that I’m using right now but I don’t see the need to purchase this at the present time

Skinfix barrier+ Strengthening and Moisturizing Triple Lipid-Peptide Refillable Cream with B-L3 - unfortunately this cream did not work out for my face it was so thick and it felt so heavy that I did not care for it. I used it at night thinking that it would absorb overnight for a longer period of time but in the morning I still had that heavy feeling of cream on my face so I’m not going be buying this. It was a sample size and I won’t be purchasing a full-size product.

#Charlotte Tilbury Magic Face cream-I really liked the scream it was so soft and quick absorbing my skin just drank it right up. My skin felt soft and supple and so smooth. If I weren’t using other face creams and there was a sale I might consider purchasing this.

#Herbivore Pink Cloud facial cream- I like this cream it was not heavy it was soft soaked right into my skin and left me feeling soft and well moisturized. And again if I weren’t using other products right now I might think about purchasing this.

Summer Friday eye cream- This  eye cream felt very light and my under eye area seemed well moistened. But it was no real wow about the cream. I don’t feel the need to re-purchase a full size. 

#Caudalie Vinosource facial cream- This was a lovely face cream. The cream was light soft and moist and my skin very well. I would purchase this as I use the sample up.

Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Love Eau de Toilette - I really like the scent it was light and floral great for spring and summer. If I didn’t have other fragrances that I’m working through I would consider maybe purchasing this.

Ellis Brooklyn SALT Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL - I didn’t care for the scent. There was  some thing about it that almost smelled bitter to my nose but for that reason I didn’t like it I won’t be purchasing a full-size. 
#My Way by Giorgio Armani- I really like this fragrance it has a beautiful soft a little floral scent for spring and for summer. And if I wasn’t working through other sense I would consider purchasing this full size.

@Cissy63 Great work on your empties!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you 😀!

Look at all these empties @Cissy63! Excellent work! Supergoop Unseen SPF was one of the first chemical sunscreens that I was able to wear without my skin being irritated. Still keep a mini of it on hand. 😁

Thanks!  I do like trying new products 

@itsfi 

Great batch of empties, @Cissy63 .

Thank you. @CookieGirl1 

YTD 113

Notes in the spoiler!

IMG_20220402_124755634.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta Shower Flower (2x citrus, 1x lavender): love these things! These particular scents are gone, but I have a few more, and will look forward to eventually trying the new ones too.

Cotton balls (Zoya, Ulta): basic staples. Zoya's are tiny and dense and a bit of a pain to work with compared to what I'm used to, but they still get the job done.

Hempz lotion (Pink Citron & Mimosa Flower): tart citrus scent, crisp, not bitter. Absolutely lovely, and while I can't buy any lotion at all in the near future because I have quite the stash, this is one I would absolutely use again.

Clinique Moisture Surge 72Hr Auto-Replenishing Hydrator: discontinued, so I'm not really sure what I think matters, but I found it to be just "ok". Might have been better for me in the summer when it's a little more humid, but it wasn't quite what I needed in the current drier atmosphere.

Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Pear Refreshing Mineral Mist: used as my wetting agent when using my Dermapore. Not something I'd buy again, not really sure why I bought it in the first place as mists aren't a typical part of my routine at all, but it worked pretty well for what I needed. Burned my eyes a little from time to time though.

Ulta Lip Oil (Candy Apple): I love Ulta lip oils, they are absolutely comparable to the likes of Clarins and Dior. This was from a mini gift set a couple of years ago, so I can't rebuy it in particular, but I have several others on hand at all times.

Lip Balms - Lip Smacker (A&W Root Beer) and Burt's Bees (Ginger Lime): basic staples. I hate root beer, so it's no surprise that the A&W one wasn't my fave, but aside from that, both of these brands rotate through my balm stash pretty regularly.

Lipstick Queen lippies (Mornin' Sunshine, Hello Sailor, Medieval): these are all soft and balmy types of lipsticks with a fairly sheer tint, so I stuck them in my balm drawer to give then a shot at that at some point. Unfortunately, they aren't hydrating at all, and within an hour or so, I was pulling out a new balm instead. I don't wear any of these as lipsticks, and eventually will need to whittle my lippie collection down anyways, so I may as well go ahead and declutter these now.

Psssst! Nourish Dry Shampoo: This was ok, it worked kinda sorta well, but the powder was super clingy and hard to shake out, leaving me with a pretty severe white cast. I alternated it with another dry shampoo to prevent some of the build-up, but all in all, this one isn't going on my rebuy list.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: these have fragrance, but all I caught was a weird chemically scent. They're also potentially several years old as I really have no idea when I got them, so perhaps they've gone off? Not sure what they're supposed to smell like as I've never used them before. In any case, they worked great, but I mostly used them up on swatch removal as I didn't like them near my nose.

BBW Aromatherapy Foot Cream (Eucalyptus & Spearmint): it seems BBW has discontinued their foot cream *again*, as a search of "foot" on their site now returns nothing 🙄 I love it, so of course it's gone 😕 I have a couple more in my stash to use up, but I'll be sad when I'm done!

Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: true love, still my all time favorite, and not just by a little, but by a wide margin. The only dry shampoo I can use consecutively for five whole days without flaky buildup or white streaks I can't get rid of. It's scary white out of the can, but shakes out oh so easily, and does a fantastic job at keeping my hair looking fresh as long as possible. 

Sexy Hair Calm Leaf-In Leave In Conditioner: I used a John Frieda leave-in right before this one, and didn't even realize how many itchy bumps it had caused along my hairline and nape of my neck until I started using this and they all went away. This was pretty dang nice, added just a bit more frizz control, and really calmed my scalp when I hadn't even noticed it was angry. I've got other leave-ins I'm working through, but am paying more attention to any irritation that might arise, and would absolutely consider buying a full size in the future.

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum: perfectly lovely, not something I'd buy simply because I have plenty of niacinamide stuff on hand, but goodness, I'm not sure I'll ever get through all the samples lol...this one definitely multiplies in the cabinet 😅

Tula Clear It Up Acne Clearing & Tone Correcting Gel: 2% salicylic acid that soaks in well, and has no discernible scent that I noticed, but I get way better results with Paula's Choice. After using this for a month, my cheeks were covered in tiny blackheads 😐

Kiehl's Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment: this has been oh so lovely for my drier than usual eyes this winter. I've got one more packet I'm working through right now, and might even consider buying some for next winter if I need something heavier again.

Coco & Eve Like A Virgin Hair Masque: this was ok...I didn't hate how my hair looked afterwards, but I think Briogeo Don't Despair makes my hair look and feel a bit better. It falls into "would use more samples" category so I could give it another shot, but I'm not looking to buy it.

Skyn Iceland Cooling Daily Lotion: I love the cooling sensation, but I probably should have waited another month or so for increased humidity...this is a light moisturizer, and while I've been oily my entire life, this winter gave me a taste of drier skin, and this wasn't quite heavy enough to counteract that. 

IMG_20220402_123850144.jpg

Homeworx Wild Crimson Currant: finally a Homeworx candle with really good throw...out of the several I've tried over the last three years or so, most were terribly disappointing. Unfortunately, I didn't like the scent much lol...it was a very rose-heavy floral. I have a few more candles from the brand in my stash from various sales that I will eventually use up, but overall, the brand is on my "nah, not even gonna bother" list.  

Ulta Cashmere Quince: light scent, not quite the level of throw I get from most other Ulta candles, but still not bad. Burned well as all of their others do for me. Not sure I'd rebuy this particular scent, but I'm always up for a deal on other Ulta candles.

Sand + Fog Clove & Cypress: also not a great throw, sadly, even though it had a very strong scent when cold. I could catch whiffs here and there, but I fully expected this to be almost overwhelming, and it wasn't. For $10, I won't complain, but I also won't rebuy.

IMG_20220402_125106523.jpg

Sheet masks, all good! Nice moisture, decent fit, low scent, and they stay in place well. I've only got 5 or 6 or so 2021 masks left, so yay, I'm almost caught up again 😅

@RGbrown A note on the Kiehl's Since 1851 Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado:  I bought it 50% off a while back and really enjoyed it - so much so that I listed it as a month favorite.  Unfortunately, I now find this mediocre.  I think it has to do with the jar packaging.  I wonder if the samples worked better b/c they were sealed.  Of course you can get whatever you like, but I just wanted to offer some insight.  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 

I hate it when a sample is amazing, but the full size disappoints. I've had that happen myself a time or two, and it always makes me gunshy about buying something. I think that's part of why I live off a lot of samples 😋 I'll be sure to keep it in mind, thanks! 

@RGbrown, the Redken dry shampoo is your favorite? Hmm... may need to give that a try this spring / summer.

@itsfi 

It is amazing...I haven't found any thing that comes close to it in terms of actually making my hair look freshly washed, and not leaving even a hint of flakes or buildup. Normally for me, I can get one or the other...some leave me flakier than others, but there's always a few flakes at least by day 3 (if not earlier), or if it doesn't leave me flaky, it probably did little to nothing for me to begin with. I keep trying others because I'm always down to find a cheaper alternative, but nothing beats it so far*!

*Matrix/Biolage All-in-One Intense Dry Shampoo seems to be the same formula, just with a different scent, so I guess technically there are two true loves in my life lol. I like the Redken scent better though!

That's good to know @RGbrown! Dry shampoo's are one of the few category of beauty products where I don't have to whittle down my stash. Hahaha! Made a note of both the Redken and Matrix ones. I use IGK First Class dry shampoo and love it; just think it woudn't hurt to have another one to rotate between. 

@itsfi 

First Class tackled my oil well, but turned my roots to straw...it was way too drying for me 😖 I really liked their green one though (Direct Flight I think is the name)...it's billed as their medium strength one, but I found it did a great job without being quite so harsh on my baby fine and thinning tresses. It's one I would actually rebuy, if nothing else just to remind myself now how it performed, if I ever came across a good sale again (got it for $6 at Boxy a year or two ago, but I've struggled to find anything close to that since lol).

@RGbrown Ooh a ginger lime Burt's sounds amazing. 

8,134 Replies
testing