I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Loves - would repurchase, loved using, worked great
-BBW Pumpkin Banana Muffin Candle
-BBW Leaves Candle
-The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
-BBW Pumpkin Cupcake Hand Soap
-Origins VitaZing Sheer Tint Moisturizer
-Erborian Yuza Toner
-UD All Nighter Setting Spray
-Belif Aqua Bomb
-Dior Forever Foundation Shade 30
-Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
-Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Likes - might repurchase, enjoyed using
-VERB Sea Salt Spray
-NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cannelle
-Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist
-FAB Ultra Repair Cream
-MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in Y315
-Origins GinZing Eye Cream
-Amore Pacific Enzyme Treatment Peel
-Ouai Hair Treatment Mask
-Bliss Body Butter
-EOS Shave Cream
-Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
-DDG Alpha Beta Peel
So-So - used it up, probably would not repurchase though
-Ole Henrikson Nuture Me Makeup Wipes
-Marula Foaming Make Removing Wipes
-Vera Wang Princess Perfume
-BlowPro Dry Shampoo
-Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Oil
-MAC Eye Makeup Remover
-The Este Edit Overnight Peony Moisturizer
-Briogeo Rosarco Shampoo
-Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer
-Jane Iredale Smoothing Primer
-Patchology Hydrating Sheet Mask
-Klorane Chamomille Conditioner
-BBW Cinnabuns Hand Sanitizer
-Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Travel Perfume Spray
Dislikes - didn't work, would not purchase, didn't use all of the product
-Paula's Choice Shampoo - did nothing, had the consistency of cheap liquid hand soap
-Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer - smelled too potent and was not very moisturizer, hard to absorb
-Hourglass Film Noir Mascara - thick and goopy consistency but applied hardly anything to the lashes felt sticky on the eyes
* Empty Sephora pump bottle: I'd pour my eye-makeup remover in here because the pump made it easier to get product out. But after five years of hard service, the cap is starting to go. I have an empty Bioderma pump bottle I can reuse, but if that fails, I'll definitely buy this again.
* REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser: A wonderfully gentle cleanser. I have others to get through, but I'd repurchase.
* Indie Lee COQ-10 Toner: This came in a Beautylish Lucky Bag two years ago, and it had leaked a bit in transit, so they sent me a second bottle. I wish I'd kept that second one instead of passing it on. It took me a while to like this, but it's very gentle and smells amazing. I'd repurchase.
* REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask: One of the few things I've bought after reading blog hype about it. It never seemed to do anything for my skin. It didn't hurt it, but it was a waste of space and money.
* ABH Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat: It waterproofs any mascara. It was a HG, and I'd repurchase, but it doesn't seem available anymore. I've moved on to a BareMinerals dupe.
* Nars Aqua Gel Mask: My Nars SA made me a sample of this and said to sleep in it overnight after drinking. I followed her instructions, and it seems to work. I'd purchase it.
* Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom: My favorite nighttime lip balm. I've already repurchased.
* Burberry blush in Earthy: I FINISHED A COLOR COSMETIC! I'm so excited. I wore this blush as contour nearly every day for a year. Finally, I hit pan and the remaining product cracked and became unusable. I've moved on to Nars Talia, but would repurchase if Talia wasn't available.
* Etude House Baby Choux Base in Mint: It reduces the appearance of redness, but I can't get makeup to sit on it properly. It creases and looks dry and terrible, so I give up, goodbye bad product.
* Nars mini Ita brush: This came in last year's Steven Klein blush palette, and it sheds terribly.
* Tarte Tarteist mascara: The tube has a terrible design and the product itself clumps. I keep all my mini mascaras for a month, but got rid of this one after just a week.
* Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask: It didn't do much for my hair, but the worst part was the smell. I'm very sensitive to lingering scents in hair products, and this one stunk of florals. I used it twice and then got rid of it.
*Nude Detox powder wash: This was surprisingly rough. Give me Amore Pacific's powder wash any day; that one is much more finely milled. This one felt rougher than any apricot scrub.
Finally got around to collecting this month's empties. Not as much as previous months, but it still feels good to clear out my empties bag. Will come back and post individual item reviews when I have time. In the meantime if you have questions about any specific items feel free to tag me and I'll come back and answer them as best I can!
Nopes & expired:
Mostly November empties
Loves, Loves Loves:
- OGX coconut milk conditioner full size
- Benefit I'm pure 4 sure ivory foundation travel size
- Burt's Bees - Coconut Foot Creme full size
- Burberry My Burberry sample card
- Burberry My Burberry black perfume spray
- Fresh Black tea age delay firming serum Deluxe sample
- Korres rose sleeping facial mini
- Nest - Indigo Perfume mini
- Pixi face primer
- Schick coconut milk & almond oil razor cartridge replacements
- Secret Scent expressions coco butter kiss deodorant
- Tokyomilk Dark - Everything & Nothing perfume
- Urban Decay - Anti Aging eye shadow primer potion travel size
- Sephora Colorful Eye shadow sample card- in the shades: scented candle, Tahitian pearl, lets dance & tree hugger
- Suave Essentials - cocoa butter & creamy shea body wash
- Tini me! mini bath ice cream soaks, gotta have it pomegranate
Most of the stuff was good, nothing mind blowing:
FAB Hydrating Serum
Tony Moly Tomato Mask
Sephora Airbrush Foundation
MUAC Fade Peel
Dove DryMoisture Body Wash
Macademia Leave in Conditioner
EOS Shave Cream
Keranique Exfoliating Hair Mask
Not for me:
Dove Men Care Deodrant
Neutrogena Men Face Scrub (only used on upper arms)
Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil
Alterna Bamboo Frizz Styling Lotion
NARS eyeliner had dried out... but I've got another sample of it.
The sunday riley tidal cream.. so ican't say i'm in love with it. I loved the mini samples we got at one point, do you guys remember that? I was able to snag 4 because of my in store SA, of course I made separate purchases for them. I mean I might as well have bought it but I wanted to try it out and I wanted other stuff at the moment. Anyway, I wasn't wowed by the big guy, I bought it during the 20 percent off? I think? Not this recent one, the one that was earlier in the year? I can't remember the name. But yeah. It's done, I feel like it didn't last me and I certainly did not live by John Hammond's code:
I don't feel like I used that much this month.
PTR 24K gold sheet- love these but will be backing off because of price until I can catch them on sale direct again
Sephora foot masks- work great after using clarisonic pedi attachment. results for 3-5 days, closer to 3 with winter dryness but still helps a good bit and feels nice while on.
DDG alpha beta peel original- I do this at work when I'm dull and can't do a full exfoliation/mask routine
Davines oi shampoo- HG. My 3rd or 4th bottle. gone too soon thanks to me dropping it in the shower and dumping a quarter of it.
Farmacy skin dew- love the product, hate the DS sprayer
Marc Jacobs volume mascara
LP restore hair mask- makes my hair SO soft even while wet. No winter frizz this year either and I think it's a combo of this and a couple other new things.
Whitestrips- A sure sign that I drank too much red wine and ate too much chocolate over the holidays.
Tatcha body butter- works great but really love the light and natural scent of this
Not your mothers dry shampoo- Has been HG for me for years. Works really well with my hair. The only dislike is a little residue that's hard to shampoo out and it takes 2 washes for my hair to really be "clean" again. But my hair is super dry and I don't use dry shampoo as often as many, so it's a non-issue for me.
SR blue moon cleansing balm- This works great for me and a big issue of me taking care of my face has always been a dislike for washing my face with water. it getting everywhere and down my arms etc. Hello balm! This one does leave a little residue sometimes but it's easily removed by a second step if needed without being a mess. Leaves my skin soft, smells nice.
Likes- will use again
Kenra texture taffy- I've used this for years. Smells great and works well for me for flyaways/top taming. As my hair's changed it doesn't work as well to run through my hair.
It confidence in a cream- would use again but nothing extraordinary. Used on my hands, was a great hand cream.
Tarte rainforest of the sea mist- feels refreshing, sprays well, but no real results.
Clinique pep start eye cream
Caudalie vinosource serum
Tata harper honey blossom mask- no harm, no real difference
Sephora pearl eye mask-
Benefit high beam- i've had this for years and like it but have other things I'm working through now.
Essence color correcting stick- Tossing, not empty. no staying power, didn't set. Blended out and away.
Bareminerals bareskin bronzer- watery, didn't apply well.
Nars laguna bronzer- didn't blend well on me
Korres rose sleeping facial- my skin was no brighter and dried out when I woke up
Bobbi brown smokey eye mascara
Erno laszlo 2 step cleanser- oil was okay but the soap bar.. Messy and stung my eyes horribly.
I did pretty well with finishing stuff this month (er, for me anyway)! But it's pretty much luck of the draw anyway, and if I'm traveling there's always more sample-sized stuff in there.
- Belief - The True cream aqua bomb
- Beauty blender - Liquid blender cleanser
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana - Black for her
- First Aid Beauty - Face cleanser
- OGX - Nourishing + coconut milk shampoo
- Ole Henrikesen Sheer transformation facial moisturizer
- Softsoap - Body scrub coconut butter exfoliating body wash
- Altier Cologne - Orange Sanguine
- Botanics - Mediterranean Eden Body Scrub
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair cream
- Makeup For ever - Ultra HD Fluid Foundation in shade 117-Y225
- luxie Large angled brush (worked well until it broke)
- Loccitane - Hand cream Rose
- Marc Jacobs - Decadence
- Pinrose - Secret Genius
Not for me:
- Miu Miu - Eau De Parfum
- Pinrose - wild child
- Sephora - Express makeup remover wipe
- Tory Burch - Lolie Fleur Collection