Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@eshoe outstanding empties!!

@eshoe Which Vitamin C powder do you use?  I got a Neogen sample, but I haven't used it yet.  

@tinobiscuits I use both the Neogen and The Ordinary 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g. I’ve been using them interchangeably for about a year now and notice no difference between the two. 

I've mixed them with serums, essences, moisturizer and exfoliating powders (like Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder ) and find the later to be the best fit for my skin.

@eshoe Right on!  Thanks for your helpful replies.  💜

Happy to help @tinobiscuits ☺️

September, actually pretty impressive noting that I was under the weather for most of the month. 

Missing :

Homeworx pumpkin candle😍

tatcha water cream foil😍

tresemme big bottle of shampoo & cond. 😁

Better not younger sh& cond foils😁

Top row😍loves. I would purchase or already have.

Middle😁like. Enough to use again or buy.

Bottom😌like but not enough to buy/replace a product i already use. Clinique moisturizer may have broke me out. But it was ok but not something that would make the cut to be in my line up currently. 34 month. 277 ytd.

1008201235a.jpg

Sorry that you weren't feeling so great this month, @sonnydee! By the way, how did you feel about the homeworx pumpkin candle?

Love them. I wasn't home to get the exact name but this is it @CookieGirl1 

Screenshot_20201008-221158.png

 The candle holder, I clean out & repurpose. It's a pretty, solid piece of glass. I used vanilla spun sugar or something like that & already bought it a 2nd time. But I'm a huge gourmand lover

Hope you're feeling better @sonnydee!! 🤗

So many great empties!! I was a big fan of the SDJ Glowmotions Oil too. I used Samba Sway and Copacabana Bronze this summer. I bought Goldie Rocks and Master Flash to try next summer. 

Thanks, I do.🤗 I finally had to call it quits after having to use a qtip to get the goodness from the sides! @sephoraaddict918 i already bought the fs. This was a mini. Sounds like you are all set for next summer🌅

Sept Yes.jpgSept No.jpg

2020- 148/100

Love-
Royal Jelly + Cherry Blossoms Essence Mask x3

Ok-
Creme Shop Snowman Mask x2
Floral Street Iris Goddess

N.O.-
Pinrose Sun Saint
FAB Deep Cleanser
Tatcha Violet-C Mask
HP Triwizard Bath Bomvb
Equate Facial Cleansing Rounds
Sephora Holiday Foot Mask- Normally a Love. This one must have been too old. 

No Opinion-
Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate

Destash-
Dior Lip Maximizer
MM Lazy Sunday

Just a couple empties for September - I need to step up my game

IMG_20201002_091710.jpg

Nothing wrong with finishing a few, @meou! Do you have a favorite from the bunch?

@eshoe thanks! I really loved the cosrx moisturizer and the goodal vitamin c - I'm using a full size of that now 

Thank you, @meou. I might try that Goodal, my skin loves vitamin C!

September Empties:

SeptEmpt.jpgSeptMasks.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Shea Moisture Coconut and Cactus Water Bubble Bath & Body Wash - SUCH a pleasant and refreshing scent. Loved and a repurchase

Bioderma Atoderm Ultra-nourishing Cream - I bought a few of these to keep around the house. Love that it is unscented, good for adding Aveda’s composition oils to, to mix it up. Fast absorbing and not at all greasy.

Pacifica French Lilac - good fragrance but a little too much for me. Thinner than I would like for a body cream.

Kora Organics Rose Mist - super-fine mist, loved that. The scent was a wee bit dusty rose, I love the citrus scent which I will finish in October. Went to repurchase it and it looks like it’s been discontinued 😭.

E.L.F. Coconut Mist - Decent mist, real coconut scent. Wish the nozzle was finer, but other than that, nice for summer.

Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser - I enjoyed this strongly scented (reminds me of cloves), but not a repurchase as it was a little stubborn to remove.

Lano Face Base - this was a quick to-the-shower cleanser. Pearlescent creamy face wash that didn’t do much for my skin, but made a great shower gel 🙂

Lue Oatmeal Cleanser - gentle but truly like putting ground oats on your face. Made a good body exfoliant!

REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Ultra Comforting Mask - this is kind of a must for me to have on hand for skincare disasters. So calming and soothing. WIll be a repurchase after I get through a DS in my stash.

Clarins S.O.S. Comfort Nourishing Facial Mask - this is one I really enjoyed, but have moved away from perfumed masks, so wouldn’t repurchase. Nice for the skin, though.

FAB Facial Radiance Pads - I love these, gentle and brings a bit of brightening to my skin. I have another yet to go through, as well as the SClean pads that work just as well.

YTTP Kale + Spinach Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream - Perfection in a jar. Light, but gives my skin just the right amount of moisture, no matter the season. Never, ever pills under makeup, spf, primers, etc. Lovely grassy scent. Always a repurchase, hope it is never discontinued.

MAC Prime+Fix Rose - another one I’ve gone through a few bottles of, but at this point I am wondering...could I do without it?

Blanc Care Lip & Eye Remover Pad - Really liked these unscented, round remover cloths. Easy to use, compact, and ideal for travel. 

Vapour Organics Lip Gloss - so pretty, so thin. Someone who prefers a clean and delicate lip gloss would enjoy this. 

Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon - I keep a stack of these in the fridge, the shade is discontinued and has been my favorite since I discovered it. The color lasts and  is incredibly nourishing.

Julep Lip Oils - the scent is off on these, too. The first lip oils I used, and they were exactly what I would expect. Since trying other lip oils, I’ve realized these are very, very thin. Good for layering under a lip sleeping mask, but not long-wearing enough on their own.

Sephora Collection Dragonfruit - loved this but the scent went off so I am tossing it.

DS

Alterna Caviar Replenishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner - worked good enough for my dry but not damaged thin hair. I’ve been curious to try it, so I’m happy to know it’s just not for me.

Alterna Replenishing Moisture CC Cream -  I’ve gone through a few FS tubes of this, and would probably repurchase again as it works well for me.

Dr. Botanical Lm Lemon Superfood Body Butter - the scent is delicious, but it took forever to absorb. Yay for scent, boo for formula.

Glossier Super Bounce Serum - Sad to see this one go, as it was pleasant to use. Unscented, milky serum that worked well with my other skincare. I will likely try their other serums at some point based on this one. Thank you @SportyGirly125!

Klavuu Pure Pearlsation Cleanser - this one made it to the shower, a little too stripping for my skin.

Herbivore Prism Mask - Yikes, of the five times I used this, I wasn’t terribly impressed. Ended up with reddened skin at least two of those times, after leaving on too long (still less than ten minutes). Too strong for my skin, which seems to be able to handle a lot.

Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel - not bad, nourished my skin well, but pilled under my sunscreen.

Scapes Apothehair Ginseng Sleeping Hair Mask - ok, the scent wasn’t overbearing. Didn’t bring as much moisture to my hair as I had hoped.

Aveda Hair Oil - ok? Very thin, my hair needs a heavier-duty oil.

Eva NYC 10-in-1 - this was really nice, the scent reminds me of Moroccan Oil products. I hope to check out other products from this brand.

Tarte Surfer Curl Mascara - gorgeous mascara. On the thicker side, made my lashes sooo long and thick. It did dry only a couple of months after opening, so when I repurchase I will get another DS. 

Chanel Le Volume Revolution de Chanel - This has the most bizarre wand, and it works beautifully! Great for lengthening. Thank you @lmaster for this mascara, it goes on my short list of mascaras to repurchase. 

Dermalogica Eye Serum - did not see a difference with using this.

NudeStix - not a fan of this one, felt too thin.

The Body Shop Hemp Body Cream - Loved this patchouli-esk scented cream (thank you again, @lmaster!). 

Trilogy Vital Moisturizing Cream - ok, made a nice neck cream.

H2O+Hydration Gel - this is a nice gel, hydrated my skin just right, but pilled under foundation. Would repurchase if going bare-faced more often at some point.

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free SPF- good spf for my skin, left only a miniscule white cast which wasn’t visible after makeup application.

Foils

There were a couple of standouts. The Good Habit Rescue Me Water Jelly Dew Cream was absolutely lovely. A slight lavender scent, fast absorbing and just pleasant to use. It is supposed to help reduce the effects of blue light, which...sounds good, I suppose. It did pill slightly under makeup.The Kerastase Nectar Thermique made my hair shiny and swingy; I purchased the FS and have been using almost daily. I haven’t been able to duplicate how pretty it made my hair the first time, which I don’t really understand since everything else is the same. The fresh Strawberry Wash reminds me of the Trader Joe’s Strawberry Lemonade Body Scrub scent. This was nice, but a little too abrasive for my skin. The Together Beauty Love Lather shampoo scent is amazing….minty, herbal, yum! I shared some with my daughter, and we agreed. Plus, my hair liked it so I am planning to pick this up during the F&F sale 🙂

YTD 
Sheet Masks278
FS108
DS114
Foils102
Total602

Goals! 😍 @eshoe one day....

lol @sonnydee it was my best month so far. I guess feeling a little blah helps you motor through some empties 🌨

Wow, @eshoe!  That's awesome to go through that much stuff 🙂

Happy and sad here, @CookieGirl1! I hate finishing products I love bc I know I have to repurchase ( Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...). At least there is a sale coming up🤷🏻‍♀️

I LOVE that moisturizer, @eshoe.  I'd repurchase it myself if I didn't already have a couple of other moisturizers that I feel like I need to use up first.

8,140 Replies
testing