Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I suddenly realized I had the wrong picture from Septembers hauls.I haven't tried the pore pudding yet(I have way to much skin care too).

October empties:

IMG_1886.JPGIMG_1889.JPGIMG_1890.JPG

Great empties. Anything here you absolutely loved or hated?

Loved (would repurchase):

• Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
  • Urban Decay Color Corrector - Peach
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
  • MUFE Foundation Stick
  • Belif Aqua Bomb
  • Beauty Blender Liquid Cleanser
  • Dove Deep Moisture Soap
  • Beauty 360 Masks

Liked (might repurchase):

• Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
  • Belif Moisturizing Bomb
  • Pantene Conditioner
  • Neutrogena Cleanser
  • Tony Moly Sheet Masks
  • Christopher Robin Hair Mask
  • Perricone MD Moisturizer

Just Ok (probably wouldn't repurchase):

• The other sheet masks
  • Eye pads
  • Everything else

Hated:

• Nothing

September empties - thought I had finished way more stuff than that this month, but this was all I had in the empties bin.

IMG_1033.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler
Body Shop coconut body butter, in large + mini
This is one of my favorite scents. It moisturizes well, doesn't pill and lasts all day.

Odacite Jo+L, Bl+C serums
I use both of these 2x daily and love the way they help keep my skin clear

Farmacy Brightening Mask
my favorite Farmacy mask, I need to get back into the habit of using them regularly

Pixi Glow Tonic
A gentle exfoliating toner; it does the job and I can't complain

Meh:

Spoiler
Besame French Vanilla Brightening Powder
There's nothing wrong with it per se, but I don't love it. The small size annoys me and now that they have Vanilla Chai, I feel like that's probably a better color match for me.

NUDE Cleansing Oil
It worked better than the Sunday Riley Blue Moon that was in my empties last month, but I still felt like it left a slight film on my skin.  Add that to the fact that it's still not readily available, and this is a pass.

DDG Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel
Whenever I get a sample of this I always re-try it, but it's still too strong and stinging for my skin.

PMD Sensitive Disc (not pictured)
I had bought a mixed box of discs for my PMD a while back and though I already consistently use the Moderate (green) discs, I thought I'd try the Sensitive (blue) one that came in the box.  It was ok.  I think my skin has become so acclimated to the Moderate disc that this didn't feel as thorough. Wouldn't repurchase; I'll go back to the green discs.

Nopes:

Spoiler
 Gloss Moderne Hair Masque
I've had this sample for a while and kept meaning to use it.  It does make my hair feel soft when I use it, but I don't see any discernible difference in glossiness.  Also, I hate the super thick texture of it; it feels like I'm putting melted crayons in my hair, and the scent is way too artificial cake for me. 

I keep forgetting to open that Glow Tonic I purchased. How do you feel about that one? Should I open it now or wait until my toner is finished?

I purchased it thinking it was an after toner item like my Paula's Choice BHA. Then, I saw that it is called an exfoliating toner. I do not want to double tone. I've been using an Evanhealy toner for a few weeks. It smells awful, but it does not expire until next year. I assume it just smells bad all the time and not that it has gone bad.

@notcreative I quite like it because it's super gentle but still effective.

It has a nice scent, sort of like aloe vera and it's very light and watery.  The only time I feel any sting is if I forget and accidentally use it after microdermabrasion.  

I'm not familiar with the Paula's Choice, but the Pixi has AHA in it, so it probably depends whether your skin responds well to AHA vs BHA?

If it were me and I was using something I hated the smell of, I probably wouldn't finish it unless the scent dissipated as soon as I used it.

Thanks. Great advice.

The scent does dissipate, and I do not have any other issues with it. My issue was wondering if it went bad before its expiration, because I could not find reviews on what it should smell like. I would not purchase something with a scent like that unless the product gave me ethereal skin or something, so I will probably not use it again in the future.

I was reading the different benefits of AHA and BHA. My skin loves BHA, but I do not have a lot of experience with AHA. I want to use them both, but I would alternate. I would probably do BHA in the morning and AHA in the evening. I could still use the Evanhealy in the morning with the BHA, because it even recommends applying after toning. 

I know how you feel.  I'm currently trying to finish a bottle of Drunk Elephant's C Firma serum.  It smells like mesquite, though it's made of fermented pumpkin.  I don't care for it at all and will definitely not repurchase, but the smell dissipates soon after application so I'm trying to work through the bottle.

I think your plan sounds good.  I'd perhaps incorporate the Pixi Glow every other day to start, just to make sure it isn't too much.  If you skin can handle it, then I'd move up to using it it daily in the evenings and the other in the AM.

My second month collecting empties! I was satisfied that I got through quite a few products in September. Lots of good stuff and a few not so good!

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.47.44 AM.png

Loves

Spoiler
Drybar Detox dry shampoo - one of my favorites. Wish it wasn't quite so light colored, but the white always brushes out. Already bought full size
Klorane dry shampoo for brown/dark hair - a new favorite from Birchbox! Works so well and smells good. Repurchased
Dionis hand cream - I have dry hands like no other and this really was very moisturizing (then again, winter hasn't hit yet - lol). I bought a gift set of these hand creams from Ulta in some different scents!
KVD Lock-It foundation primer - I have dry skin so I'm picky about primers. This one is awesome! Applied it with a BeautyBlender and got a great finish no matter what foundation I was using it with.
GlamGlow PowerCleanse Dual Cleanser - I've been working on this baby for almost two years, right when GlamGlow introduced it! I really really like both the mud and the oil cleansers in it. Wish the mud side was transparent as well, but overall it's a great cleanser.
UD Color Correcting Concealers in peach and green - these are great on my super fair skin. Purchased both already
Caudalie Premier Cru Creme - this moisturizer is the best. Wish I had stocked up on it while it was a 100 point perk - but this little tube went a long way! I'm not about to splurge on a full size, but I'm hoping to find it in more sets or point perks.
Too Faced Better Than Sex - my all-time favorite mascara, no other explanation necessary.
BlenderCleanser Solid - works so well for all brushes, and a disc of it lasts a decently long time. Repurchased

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.47.58 AM.png

Likes/Ok

Spoiler
Clarins body lotion
H2O+ Sea Salt body wash
Lavanila Pure Vanilla body butter
Philosophy Hands of Hope
Hempz Sweet Pineapple and Honey Melon body moisturizer
DryBar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot
Philosophy Pumpkin Icing 3-in-1
Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It!
Julep Hydrating Cleansing Oil
Urban Decay Minor Sin eyeshadow primer
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion exfoliant
Matrix Mega Sleek conditioner
Beauty Protector hair oil
Benefit Gimme Brow

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.48.14 AM.png

Didn't like

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask - had some problems with it staying on my face, which was annoying but not a dealbreaker. However, I had multiple breakouts within a day after using this - the serum felt too heavy and sticky on my skin.
Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon skin base - way too thick for a primer, and I even have dry skin. It was a weird wet and sticky texture, and when I put it on, I would have to wait for a while for it to dry before I put my foundation on.
Dr. Brandt Poredermabrasion - I actually don't know if I like this or not, but this DS arrived with broken packaging and leaking. I didn't feel safe using it on my face so I just used what was left in the tube on my hands. The product seems fine and I would love to try it in the future, but low marks for bad packaging!
Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - gave me a reaction around my eyes after using it. The area under my eyes had noticeable bumps all around, and they didn't go away for about a week after I stopped using this. Weird because I've never had a negative reaction to an eye cream before.

Dionis at Ulta?? Get out of here, that's my favorite hand cream. I only get it from Cracker Barrel and didn't think to search elsewhere for it. Well, not like I shop at Ulta anyways but it's definitely good to know. I see that they have a body wash too. I might need to make a trip there or place an order.

Lol at Cracker Barrel!! I had never heard of the brand before but I really am liking their hand creams, and I ordered a lip balm so I'm excited to try that too! It definitely wouldn't be a bad idea for you to go check it out at Ulta 😉

Love the mini reviews. I've wanted to try that PTR mask for a while. Your review makes me feel better about waiting to purchase it. 

Thank you! I had been really curious about it too - I'm glad I was able to get it during the labor day sale so I was only out a few dollars. If you don't have skin that's prone to breakouts it might work better, but for me I had 2 or 3 big honkers on my chin and cheek the next morning. There was tons of serum left in the packet that I could have saved, but I tossed it instead. I was disappointed since I know a lot of people love this mask!

My skin is mostly dry, but I still get breakouts. I will probably eventually try it, but I will not rush to do so.

September Empties!

9.16 empties.jpg

Loves

Spoiler
-Bath and Body Works Candle - Sweater Weather
-Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation - Medium Honey
-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
-Philosophy Purity Made Simple
-Macademia Deep Repair Mask
-Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
-Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream
-Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
-Simple Cleansing Wipes
-Living Proof PHD Shampoo and Conditioner

Spoiler
-Lavanilla Healthy Deodorant - Vanilla Coconut
-Belif Bergamont Herbal Extract Toner
-Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
-Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
-Bath and Body Works Wallflower - Sweather Weather
-Benefit POREfessional
-Escada Joyful
-Elizabeth and James Nirvana White
-Dolce and Gabbana Dolce
-Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner
-Soap and Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream
-The Estee Edit Pore Vanishing Stick
-Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
-Klorane Dry Shampoo
-Victoria's Secret Body Spray - Aqua Kiss
-Michael Todd Lemon Toner
-Clinique Lotion+

Okay

Spoiler
-Redken Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
-BBW Soap - Iced Guava Colada
-BBW Soap - Beach Bellini
-BBW Ultra Shea Body Cream - Pretty as a Peach
-Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
-VitaBath Body Wash Asian Orchid and Coconut
-Smith's Rosebud Salve
-Lush Herbalism Facial Cleanser
-Clinique Cream
-Wildfox Perfume
-Amazing Cosmetics Concealer - Fair Golden & Medium Beige
-Origins Original Skin Serum
-Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion
-The Body Shop Body Wash - Satsuma

Dislikes

It says dislikes, but I do not see any under it. Did you have any or did they get cut off?

No dislikes this month. A good month 🙂

These are actually August empties, never had a chance to upload. I still have a couple of days to use up some stuff for September but I doubt it will be as much.

image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpeg

Great job with the perfume vials. I'm impressed.

Thank you! You know I really wanted to decluttering my perfume samples, I've had some for years and really made an effort to use them up. A couple of them were only half full so it made it easier... Plus fragrance doesn't last on me, so I usually marinate in it. 😄

8,134 Replies
testing