Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@ShortErica 

A little goes a long way with this stuff! I've got a 1oz jar in use right now too, and have gotten somewhere around 10-12 uses from it, and it's still about half full. Just start with a small amount, and maybe grab a little more if you feel you need it. It's hard to evaulate how much I dig out with my spatula each time, but it's maybe a dollop around twice the size of moisturizer I use?

I do generally use a liquid to take my eye makeup off first, so you may need a little more if you're doing that all in one step, but it really doesn't take much of this stuff at all to get everything off.

Thanks @RGbrown - super helpful as always. Excited to see how many uses I can get out of my small size and see if it cleans up to its reviews. 🙂

@ShortErica 

No problem; I hope you love it! 

Hi @RGbrown - I've been using it for the past couple weeks and it is much better about removing makeup. It struggles more with my tinted sunscreen but does a significantly improved job than the Boscia. My one concern is it doesn't seem to breakup my non-waterproof mascara. I don't think the product is intended for eyes but it's weird the oil doesn't do much to get it off. What was your experience with the balm and eye makeup? Do you use a different product for eyes? I only wear mascara and would love a one and done remover but this has been a step in the right direction. 🙂

@ShortErica 

I have used it a couple of times for my eye makeup (also non-waterproof mascara), and don't recall having any problems, but my normal routine does involve a separate eye makeup remover. Not because I feel I have to, but because it is the one diehard habit I established in my teens lol. I use TTDO liquid (mostly because I can replenish with samples for the rest of eternity, but it's also excellent at its job).

If you don't want a separate step (and I get that!), did you try letting it sit on your lashes for maybe 15-30 seconds before trying to rub  the mascara off?

I'll try it tonight @RGbrown. I tend to spread the balm all over my face until it is oily and then wipe it gently over my eyelashes a few times..then rub my face some and then go back over the eyelashes. I was wondering if maybe the liquid would be the better option for me..personal preference type of thing so I may have to try that instead. Thanks again!

RE: Empties

My March empties. Absolutely loved the Marc Anthony dry styling oil, and conditioner, Lise Watier cleanser (repurchased), Lancôme genifique (purchased the full size), MUFE primer, and Stila glitter in “Diamond Dust”. The rest were nice, but not a necessity or must have to me, so I won’t be repurchasing.

Re: RE: Empties

I got a DS of the Dr. Brandt primer too, @samkeaysxo, and I sadly couldn't make it work for me!  It seems like a lot of people really enjoy it but it always pilled up on me no matter what moisturizer I tried or how much/little of the primer I actually used.  Hope you had better luck!

RE: Empties

MARCH EMPTIES! loved everything this month. not a ton of empties but all good things. the wella brilliance is my favorite shampoo/conditioner of all time. bath and body works body creams are incredible. batiste dry shampoo is a lifesaver. sleepy lotion from lush is so relaxing i usually put a dollop on my upper body for a bit of aromatherapy to help me unwind before bed. donna karan deodorant is a luxury item i just tried this month and loved the scent which lasted allll day- perfect for work since it’s subtle and i don’t feel the need to wear perfume with it. olly flawless complexion gummies were new to me this month - can’t say these alone cleared my skin but i think it helped a bit! joico kpak hair mask is perfect if you’re looking for something hydrating that will make your hair silky soft.

@karap03, thanks for showing the Donna Karen deodorant. I...

@karap03, thanks for showing the Donna Karen deodorant. I received it also from Ulta and have been a little hesitant in using it. So thanks brave soul for trying it, I'll definitely try it now 😊

@karap03 love the Joico K-Pak! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

I recently sampled that Givenchy and 💗’d it too, @karap03. Such a nice foundation, great coverage without caking.

I've seen these olly vitamins a few times this month @karap03 , they look interesting to me, like a less expensive version of the HUM ones.  I like that they put what each bottle is actually for on the label.  Makes life easier for people to choose one.  Might need to check them out!

Time to clean out the trash bag again 🗑

Notes in the spoiler 🙂

IMG_20190311_175752036.jpg

Spoiler
LOVES
The Body Shop Coconut Nourishing Dry Oil: body oil is still fairly new to me...this is only the second winter I've used one because just using a lotion doesn't quite cut it for me anymore. This was simply phenomenal in my limited experience. It soaked in quickly and did a great job at adding the extra moisture my skin needs without being greasy or heavy. I also get some minor KP on my legs, especially in the winter, and that cleared up almost completely when I started this bottle. I can't say it definitively that this was the reason it went away, but at the very least, it makes me think the last oil I was using (a Victoria's Secret oil) exacerbated the KP. I have a couple of other oils that I need to use up first, but this will definitely get repurchased.

Soap & Glory Speed Plump Miracle Moisture Mask: This is a two-piece hydrogel. The scent was bit strong, but still fits in that "fresh sheet mask" scent category, and it wasn't so strong that it was unbearable...I'd still consider it pleasant. Hydrogels can be slippery suckers, but this one was pretty grippy and never felt like it was slipping and sliding around. And the moisture was phenomenal. I can't justify buying masks right now, but this will be a repurchase at some point!

LIKE/FINE
Patchology Illuminating Eye Gels: light scent (softly citrus IIRC), decent moisture. I never find eye gels special enough to rebuy, but they'e fun to use when I have them.

Ulta Brightening Yuzu Fruit sheet mask: This is a bamboo sheet mask. I find the fabric a bit thick for my tastes, but it still lays pretty well without bubbling back up, and it stays in place. The fit is pretty decent for me...I don't think I had to make any cuts (other than cutting out the little piece under the nose, but I do that for *every* mask I wear). The scent is light and fruity/fresh, not overwhelming. I never expect brightening, but mask more for moisture, and this one delivers well. I have a few more, and would use again.

Eucerin Intensive Repair Foot Cream: fine, nothing special. A little thin for a "cream", but moisturizes surprisingly well nonetheless. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again, but this is leftover from my heavy couponing days, and if CVS ever gave it to me for free again, I'd grab more 😛

Alterna Caviar Sheer Dry Shampoo: This is a loose powder, and it is suuuuuper fine. I like the pump bottle, but the powder is so light that I could watch half of it puff up into the air and float away without hitting my hair at all. There's also a decent amount left in the bottle, but I guess it's low enough and light enough that the pump won't catch it anymore. 😞 But, as a dry shampoo, I liked it pretty well. Ultra fine meant zero texture, which I appreciate...I can't stand gritty or stiff residue. It also meant zero volume, and sadly my hair gets pretty flat by days 3 or 4. But, I found the best way to mitigate that was to use a dry shampoo with more volume on day 1, then use this for days 2 and 3...it was a good way to get a little volume without getting too much buildup from the heavier formulas. I may actually consider a second bottle of this at some point if I find a sale...I have several dry shampoos in my stash that aren't my favorite because they leave my hair stiff or crunchy, and alternating them with this was good...if only I had thought of that before I got near the end of the bottle lol. (I'm also going to save this bottle and dump my Bumble loose powder in it to see how well it works with their slightly heavier formula...I like the Bumble powder, but hate the bottle it comes in)

Caudalie Grape Water: used it essence-style, and liked it just fine. 

Biore Charcoal Pore Strip: it's probably been years since I used one of these...they're just plain fun lol. I keep waffling on buying a box, but would use one every now and again. 

Elemis Pro-Collagen Neck & Decollete Balm: no one will ever convince me that I need a separate neck balm on top of body and facial skincare, but having a this mini on my shelf helped me remember to actually use *something anything* on my neck. My neck/chest have always been even more congestion/acne/milia prone than my face, so sometimes I have issues finding something that works without causing problems. For years I simply avoided the area completely, and it shows now, so I'm trying to be better about making sure I hit that area with moisturizer every night while I'm doing my face. This was ok, a bit loudly floral, but it dissipated relatively quickly, and didn't break me out. Would use again if it ever showed up at my doorstep, but wouldn't buy.

NAH
Clarins Hydra-Essential Lip Balm: mineral oil based, which I just find to be slippery without giving much moisture. I was a bit sad about this one considering how much I adore their lip oil, but I guess it's good for my wallet lol

Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara: I really loved how this looked...massive, fluffy lashes. But it flaked like crazy after a couple of hours.

NOT JUST NO, BUT HECK NO
Exuviance Probiotic Lysate Anti-Pollution Essence: I've never met an essence I didn't like, until now. It's very slick/slippery, highly scented (strong cucumber melon scent) and it never absorbs. Like never ever never ever. The first night I used it, I woke up to crusty pillage all over my face and was greatly confused. That next night, I rubbed my face about an hour after finishing my skincare and pilled off my entire routine because this kept everything else from sinking in. Nope nope nope. 

Very interesting re the Alterna dry shampoo. Ill have to check it out when it ever goes on sale. I'm curious and have and unopened bottle of the CAUDALIE - Grape Water.

What do you mean "use it like an essence" ? I think I might want to try that 🙂 @RGbrown 

@Buootiful 

I sprayed a little in my hand and then patted it on; I never ever think about using a spray on my face during the day, so I put them in my routine as a couple of layers of essence instead to use them up 😊

Ahh, Thanks for the tip! @RGbrown  🙂

@RGbrown I loved reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

Best

Rebecca

Empties

this is a neat thread!

Empties

I love the Buffet and Dry Shampoo, so I've repurchased. I've bought the one #lipstories colour, and I've purchased the bottles of Ouai shampoo and conditioner. I want to buy the Shiseido eye contour cream and the Caudalie Vinopure. I purchased the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Cream before finishing this little sampler. I liked the Origins Plantscription eye cream, but it didn't wow me, so I can't see myself purchasing. The Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask caused hives, so that's a no go.

@l8totheparty I absolutely love the MOROCCANOIL - Dry Shampoo Light Tones.

It smells amazing!

Best,
Rebecca

8,134 Replies
testing