Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Empties

Armani Beauty Sì Passione eau de parfum. Technically there are a few mLs left and I could work really hard to use it a few more days until the sprayer conks out—but it’s functionally empty! I had received this free in May 2018 for testing purposes and I’ve used it regularly ever since. It’s a nice scent, but it’s not my ride-or-die HG perfume. Plus the 3.4 fl oz/100 mL bottle is just way too much for me since I likechanging things up and always trying new things every few months. So I’m glad I didn’t pay for it! I basically have marinated myself in it the past six weeks to empty it and my nose is no longer happy with me. Onward to finishing my few fragrance samples left, and I’m looking forward to investing in rollerballs in the future since I drive quite a lot and like rollerball prices

@KeriCherryDee I hate to waste so I use some perfumes up...

@KeriCherryDee I hate to waste so I use some perfumes up as room sprays. Or bathroom sprays...4 kids & hubs they go quick! second to rollerballs!😍

Re: @KeriCherryDee I hate to waste so I use some perfumes up...

I saw this somewhere, @sonnydee - that you recommended repurposing perfume samples as bathroom sprays-you are a genius 😇

😉sometimes....when I don't walk into a room & immediately forget why I did😆 @eshoe 

Ha! Oh yes, there is that phenomenon going around here, too @sonnydee 🤣

Yes! I do that with perfume too @sonnydee! Except it would help if the person who left the bathroom stinky would us it. 😂

The two sprays on the left amazing! I am sad that they have discontinued the citrus brush cleaner that was the best that I have used. The two hand creams are very good as well. And of course there’s my favourite bioderma micellar water, then the abh brow gel and Kvd concealer which I also adore!

Re: RE: Empties

It’s too bad the citrus scented brush cleaner has been discontinued @haha11! 😔  Love that Bioderma micellar water - that’s my favorite as well. 💕

RE: Re: RE: Empties

Yes the bioderma micellar is also my fav! And yes I am sad as well because not only is the citrus brush cleaner effective it smells amazing too! Literally just like citrus fruits!

Re: RE: Empties

Those brush cleaners are both amazing @haha11  . I didn’t realize they were discontinued 😬. The PTR moisturizer is so nice and hydrating!

RE: Re: RE: Empties

The daily brush cleaner is not discontinued but is just repackaged, but the citrus one is discontinued, bummer. But the daily brush cleaner performs as well just doesn’t smell as great.

How was the concealer?

The kvd concealer was excellent! Minimal creasing under the eye and can be used for any purpose! Whether it’s for under eye or blemishes or redness on my face!

Re: Empties

First February batch o' trash!

YTD 71

It's declutter-heavy this time around, but all of these are destined for the trash, so it seemed appropriate to include them in my count. 

IMG_20200211_171856701.jpg

Spoiler
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: this is the cleanser I keep in my shower for use with my Clarisonic. Basic staple that gets the job done well.

Burt's Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm: a weird hybrid product. The flavor crystals are like scrubbies, but there aren't enough of them to actually be a scrub. They melt or otherwise disappear after applying, which is good, but minimally-effective-scratchy-balm isn't really a hole I'm looking to fill in my life lol. The balm itself wasn't bad, a bit waxier than the regular BB stuff, so it hung around a bit longer, but it wasn't particularly moisturizing either. I've got another one to use up at some point, but won't be looking to rebuy.

Clarins Wonder Perfect 4D Mascara: I've never tried any of their mascaras before, but I have to say I was pretty impressed with this one. Good volume and length, not clumpy, and it didn't flake off. I have entirely too many minis to consider buying anything, but I'd absolutely use this again. 

Fizz & Bubble Shower Steamer (Rejuvenate: Spearmint Eucalyptus): not as strong a scent as I had hoped. Fine, but not wow-worthy. 

Lancer Omega Hydrating Oil: too heavy for my oily skin, in both summer and winter.

Drybar Detox Clear Dry Shampoo: I like the scent, and it seemed like a pretty nice product. Won't go out of my way to buy, but would like to use again for more extended testing...it's hard to get a true feel for a product off one mini, and I'm not sure it held up to my new bangs as long as I'd like (oily bangs rubbing on oily face...good grief y'all...I like the look of my bangs, but they are a pain to keep from looking greasy).

Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 2x: Perfectly fine clay mak. I forgot to write down some notes though, and now it's been long enough that I can't remember if it had a scent. I guess if it did, I didn't hate it 😛

Goldfaden Bright Eyes Radiance Concentrate: Fine for moisture. Wasn't too heavy fo my oily skin, soaked in well, and played nice with everything else in my routine. Would use again, but there are very few eye products I'd actually buy.

BBW Vanilla Bean Noel Body Lotion: one of my all time favorite scents from BBW. It's the closest they have to an old VS scent, Vanilla Lace, that VS unfortunately ruined several years ago.

Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant (2x): one is 95% finished, and went rancid recently. Unfortunately, the backup also went rancid, so both have to go. I've learned my lesson on lip scrubs, and have stopped buying quite so many lol

Bliss Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub & Polish: nice vanilla citrus scent, but that's about all I like about it. The binding materials don't feel balmy (like the Tarte) nor do they feel oily (like Sara Happ)...they're almost slimy? I don't have many texture/sensory issues, but this was almost like slathering hair conditioner on my lips, and it made me twitch a bit. Declutter.

Shadow sticks & pots: I have finally realized I never use these. Several of the pots are dried out, and some of the sticks are covered in (something...wax bloom, or mold? Not sure which, but either way, I'm done). Most of the sticks are 3+ years old...they were some of my first purchases when I started getting into makeup, but I never gravitated towards them. I kept 2 Pur pots and 2 Butter Glazens that haven't gone bad yet, and moved them closer to rest of my single shadows so maybe they'll get a bit of use, but otherwise, I think I'm done with cream/liquid shadows in either form. 

Woo-wee! 🤩 Good for you @RGbrown for decluttering; I’m slowly learning to just let go of products that are not working. Loved reading your thoughts on the Burt’s Bees balm - it’s one of those items I should probably give up on. 🗑  I’m intrigued by the Clarins mascara - may check it out after I’ve gotten through my DS mascaras. 

@itsfi 

Sometimes it's hard to let go...I know I still have a ton of stuff I could get rid of, but I guess baby steps will have to do for now 😋

I don't think I've ever really heard anyone talk about Clarins makeup. My favorite mascara has been discontinued (Laura Geller Lash Boss), and this may well have taken its place. I wish I could justify buying more just to test it further, but my sample stash is out of control lol 

January EmptiesIMG_2532.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- J.R. Watkins Coconut and Honey Body Oil Mist
- Jojoba Oil
- Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Micellar Cleansing Towelettes
- FAB Ultra Repair Cream (I use as a hand cream)
- Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Mist
- Fresh Rose Face Mask
- Volition Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask
- Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm
- Origins Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion
- Grace + Tonic Eye Serum

IMG_2540.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask (x4)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask (x3)
- The Oozoo Fresh Capsule Royal Jelly Mask
- FAB Facial Radiance Pads

IMG_2541.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Caress Evenly Gorgeous Body Wash
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (I've already repurchased)
- Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer

IMG_2544.jpg

Spoiler
Just Ok
- Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion (this is my second time trying this)
- Julep Love Your Bare Face Cleansing Oil
- FAB Ultra Repair BarriAir Cream
- Farmacy Honey Potion (this is my second time trying this and I just don't care for the warming sensation)
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream (not a bad cream, I just don't like it as much as some of the other moisturizers I use)
- The Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask

Great set of empties @MoniDJ! Those Papa Recipe and Oozoo honey sheet masks are fabulous! 

Pretty proud of January. Top-loves, middle-likes, bottom-no, not for me. Not shown but counted Ouai sh/cond i somehow lost 1. And erno l black soap bar that goes with the liquid cleanser. It dissolved, i liked it but it also broke me out or maybe just drew everything to the surface. I have the sensitive duo so im going to try that out & see. The foot mask i used in Dec (I forgot it) received it from the lovely @lmaster it really softened up the spots that i need to peel off.😆 35 in all. Off to a good startJanuary 2020 35 in allJanuary 2020 35 in all

Nice bunch of empties @sonnydee! 35 empties is fantastic - yaaay! The VS dream angels divine is a blast from the past!

thanks. I'm just glad it wasn't bad (VS) @itsfi the packa...

thanks. I'm just glad it wasn't bad (VS) @itsfi the packaging was cute. wish I could repurpose it but the top was pull off not twist😐
8,134 Replies
testing