Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Naturally @itsfi .  I just lit a 'champaign toast' from BBW today, which is one of my standby faves.  But I'm also thinking I may need to have some lemon cake in order to properly prepare for this challenge.  I have the Voluspa Vanilla Latte coming my way thanks to your love of it, but I mean.... Can't have too many yummy scents!

@missjeanie, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Voluspa Vanilla Latte candle - it makes the house smell like freshly ground coffee beans with a hint of vanilla! 😍♥️ I think I’m going to use that candle today. 🥰

@itsfi It was actually the last of my sale items to arrive yesterday.  I have everything on a side table and now that I'm looking at the haul all together I may need to reign in some beauty shopping until I can use a bit more up lol.

@missjeanie, yay! Your orders are all home! I will be on a haul hibernation for most of the summer, with a few allowances for small, limited hauls. I have some orders that will be trickling in through May. Now, let's see if I can keep to that. 😂  Have fun playing with your goodies. 😍

@itsfi I like that... haul hiatus.  It doesn't sound as sad as shopping freeze. lol. I just took everything that was in my cart out.  I do not need more just to have more.  Back to shopping my stash lol. I have one order from overseas to get here yet, and that will hopefully stave me off for a bit.  I just unpacked everything from boxes and I'm absolutely loving the Voluspa.  I should have gotten a bigger size. It smells so delicious, like coffee dessert.   I feel like it'll be perfect for a chilly or rainy day, with a throw blanket and a good book. It's got a comforting scent.  I'm in love!  You never steer me wrong! 

lol @missjeanie. Yes, just a little siesta from shopping. 💤 It's a good time to shop my stash, I think. I'll be able to do a sheet mask haul at some point and maybe then, I'll throw in a little something extra, you know, for all the good behavior that came before that haul. 😉😂 

Voluspa Vanilla Latte is now available so you can pick up a larger size another day. It's so good, isn't it?! Oh that scenarios you painted would absolutely make the perfect way to enjoy that candle. Ahhhh!!!! I never steer you wrong?!! Likewise, missjeanie. Just a little mutual enabling society we have going on. 🤗

A few empties plus a small declutter this time!

YTD 109

IMG_20210324_184758410.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta Vanilla Frosting Body Sorbet: this came in a gift set with 3 scents of the sorbets and a double walled tumbler, which I bought pretty much solely for the cup 😆 I do love their sorbets...they are really thick and creamy, and soak in well, but this one is stinky to me...way too sweet with a strong chemically undertone. 

Hempz Sandalwood & Apple Body Lotion: I cannot get enough of this scent, and have several more travel sizes and two full size bottles lined up for the future (psssst: the full size is secret clearance at Ulta for half off, and to date, has always been included in previous bogo40 sales!) The scent is light, the perfect balance of woody + fruity...not too sweet, but not too dry either. The lotion itself is pretty nice as well; I'm not sure I find it any "better" than a basic BBW lotion, but I like basic BBW lotions, and this one works just as well for me. 

BBW Venice Dolce Berry Shower Gel: love the scent on this, and I never get bored or frustrated with their formula...happy to keep trying to use up my stash!

System Professionals Smoothen Mask: I really wish I had paid more attention to this brand before Ulta clearanced everything out lol. I've tried (and liked) their Hydrate shampoo, and this mask was very nice for me as well. It left my hair soft, frizz-free, and oh so shiny. I've got a few more random samples of various SP products to try, and if I were to stumble on a deal on this one elsewhere, I might be tempted to grab some.

Pacifica Pineapple Splash Lip Balm: perfectly fine balm, nothing fancy, but nothing terrible either. I dislike long caps on balms though, so it's not a repurchase for me.

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen: I love this stuff, the cooling sensation feels sooooo good. Sadly, my eyes don't love it back, as there's a 90%+ chance they will water all dang day if I use it. 😥

IMG_20210324_184658273.jpg

Sheet masks, all fine. The Biobelle gel masks are slippery suckers and like to slide around a bit, but are still passable. 

IMG_20210324_185155473.jpg

A small declutter of eyeliners and a couple other eye products. I never use the Stila shadows, so it was time to let them go. The Butter mascaras are easily 4+ years old. Eyeliners are mostly ancient as well, or else I have extremely similar shades in newer pencils or better formulas. I still kept more liners than I reasonably need, but hey, getting rid of these was a huge step forward!

@RGbrown mmm the hempz and the BBW sound amazing! 

@Samtian 

I love a good yummy scent, and these were both fantastic! ❣️

@RGbrown  I'm with @itsfi  here, that Hempz lotion sounds like a steal!  Good job on decluttering your eye products too!  Any declutter is a step in the right direction!

@missjeanie 

Thanks so much! It was definitely nice to clear a few things out, though I kinda slacked off and haven't carried that momentum forward...goodness knows I've still got plenty I can (and should) get rid of lol.

@RGbrown, doh!!! 😫 to the Skyn Iceland eye relief pen - the cooling sensation sounded wonderful. Do you know if there's a particular ingredient or ingredients in it that are causing your eyes to water? 

Putting that Hempz lotion on my list; I have a (large) handful of lotions and creams to work my way through but I do like the sound of woody + fruity on this one! 😍 Excellent declutter! Must feel good to clear space with these.

@itsfi 

I haven't done a deep dive of the list to investigate every ingredient, but at first blush and a quick skim of INCIdecoder, there aren't any obvious irritants like mint or menthol that would be the source of the cooling sensation. My eyes are just overly watery some days; I don't think this product is the *sole* cause of it, but it seemed to exacerbate it. I've got another eye cream in my next batch of trash that did the same (Origins Ginzing).

I had zero business buying full size bottles of that Hempz lotion, as I also have a massive lotion stash, but I simply could not help myself. It's so good! 

"I had zero business buying full size bottles of that Hempz lotion...

Yeah @RGbrown, I'm pretty sure I'm not in a position to judge you on that. 😂😂😂 In fact, I'd probably try to find a way to support that purchase, like ... it's a better value to purchase the full size! And, you have to keep moisturized. 😆

I used to do empty videos in YT but haven’t done one in awhile! I love hearing people’s thoughts on products snd if they used them up 

Latest batch o trash 🗑

YTD 82

IMG_20210307_224026898.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta Toasted Fireside candle: seems to be the exact same scent as Beachside Bonfire from the summer candles, and it's not my jam. There's no fire/smoky scent to it that I can detect, just a warm, somewhat powdery floral.

Yuni Calming Aromatherapy Mist: also not my jam. The bottle denotes neroli, geramium, and sage, and something in this mix just makes me wrinkle my nose. Declutter.

Bumble Pret-a-Powder (loose and aerosol): love both versions! I try to alternate powder and aerosols, and both of these are true loves. They don't leave me looking powdery, the scent is light, I get a touch of volume with no texture or stickiness, and the white stuff brushes out easily. I have more of both and will continue to use!

Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: another favorite with a similar pro list to the Bumble above, with the added bonus of going on sale more frequently and being able to use non-prestige coupons on it at Ulta. Have more, including a purchased full size, and this tops my aerosol rebuy-list mostly since deals on Bumble are few and far between.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel: I found this a touch too drying for me for everyday usage, but liked it enough as a second cleanse on makeup days (which are few and far between for me). The bottle is several years old now, and I've been refilling it with samples every time I had any. The freebie gravy train ran out for me last year, and the last little bit in the bottle has finally turned cloudy and smells off, so it's time to put this one to pasture. Not looking to rebuy.

Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray: A solution of hypochlorous acid in saline. HClO can also be used in wound care, as a disinfectant and a sanitizer...it's gentle but effective for a wide variety of applications. The drawback is that it is moderately unstable, and breaks down relatively quickly, but supposedly new advances in manufacturing are increasing its shelf life, making it more widely available for use in a variety of products, such as this one. I sincerely thank Tower 28 for introducing me to this ingredient, but have sourced a cheaper alternative for my next bottle!

BBW Be Joyful body lotion: lovely spiced citrus scent

BBW True Blue Spa Look Ma, New Hands hand lotion: thick and rich, nice moisture. Perhaps a tad slick as a hand cream, but my feet loved it almost as much as their companion foot cream. Sad to see it gone, as BBW has discontinued the True Blue Spa line as a whole.

Benefit Roller Lash: Unfortunately, I opened this one right around the start of the pandemic, and only wore makeup a couple of times before it dried out. Would love to try again, as I felt it was promising on just those couple of uses, but I have so many others lined up...

Noyah Cherry Lip Balm: perfectly fine; I find it fairly comparable to Burt's Bees in terms of texture and performance. Nothing special, but a good daily balm for my inner balm addict.

ABH Brow Gel: I have no real thoughts on this...I tried it once or twice maybe a year or two ago, but I don't typically focus on my brows, and never felt like adding this step to my routine. May as well toss it.

NARS Pro-Prime Eyeshadow Base: fantastic for my oily lids. I've moved on to Smashbox, my other top pick, but would absolutely use this again in the future.

Scent Organix So Serene (Green Tea & Mandarin): smells exactly like green tea and mandarin, ha! Fantastic pillow mist

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser: one of my favorite cleansers. The scent takes some getting used to, but it cleans my oily face without stripping it. Have many more samples to use, thankfully, as I'm cheap when it comes to actually having to buy something, but I've seen a few deals on this, and would likely buy with the right sale if I ever needed to.

Daily Concepts Multi-Functional Soap Sponge (Charcoal): perfectly fine for soap-in-a-sponge. Its "mild" level exfoliation wasn't enough to keep my scratchy feet at bay, but I didn't really expect it to either...I just didn't have much other use for soap in a sponge lol.

Ulta Aromatherapy Shower Tablets (Verbena + Lemongrass): true love, have more, will be sad when they are gone!

IMG_20210307_223735749.jpg

Sheet masks: finally finishing off my oldest of masks last month was a bittersweet milestone, as my next batch to work through contains a huge chunk of my beloved old school Biobelle masks. All of them are fantastic, and I will be sad when they are gone! I also like the Ulta foot mask, it's fabulously minty.

@RGbrown I really enjoyed those Ulta shower tabs and wish I had more!  Hope Ulta brings them back in some form. 

@missjeanie 

Yeeesss, I totally wish Ulta would bring them back! Did you ever get a chance to try the Lavender Berries scent? It's my other favorite of these 💜

@RGbrown I had two of the scents, maybe three.  I know I had the lemon.  And a green one.  lol, I don't remember what kind the green was, just that it was green.

@missjeanie 

Ahhhh, green was eucalyptus + something (sage maybe?)...I had a couple packs of those, but was never terribly impressed, they weren't very strong to my nose, sadly. 

Ulta does seem to have the larger singles again, though they don't describe the scents now. I may have to check them out some day!

Screenshot_20210424-200850.png

Ohhhhh @RGbrown That's exciting that they have a new version.  The price doesn't look awful either.  I swear next time I get to an Ulta it's gonna be quite a spree lol

8,134 Replies
testing