Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@RGbrown  Great job!!

@ather 

Thank you! 💕

March Empties!

I had a good month again for masking that really helped bump my empties numbers as well as my skincare game.  Overall 72 for this month and I had minimal purchases.  One of my goals is more going out than coming in.  I’m gonna need to have a few great months to make up for the spring sale in April! So far I’m meeting my ‘average of 2 empties a day’ goal!  Year to date empties is 204!

7C39F722-9FA7-4E14-833C-D62134BD7210.jpeg

Loves:

4000665F-86A8-479C-95C5-5434ADD4E522.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Loreal root touch up.  I had a brief moment of thinking maybe I should go grey.  I have grey that grows in just around my bangs area and thought maybe a grey streak could be fun.  Thought that I could cover the growth until it looked okay.  Well this stuff actually worked well.  But I’ve decided to go back to dying it lol. I will keep a bottle on hand for touch ups between colourings though.
  • Milk Makeup Moisturiser – This is fantastic stuff. Its nice and rich, feels good smoothing onto my skin, is actually effective at moisturising, causes no stinging ever, no matter how dry I am.  A true love that I will be re-purchasing once I’ve worked though some other products I have on hand this summer.
  • YSL Black Opium.  I’ve got this in a full size.  Great sweet with a touch of musk winter fragrance.  I have other more unique fragrances that I love, but this one is just easy to pull off, which is why I suspect its so popular.
  • Lancome Make up remover. This is always a solid product for removing eye makeup.  I have to say, it may be the best eye make up remover I’ve used.  I do manage to get samples every now and again and I’m happy to use them.

Greats

6D7D55C8-DC49-4B01-96C5-1BC6B73295E9.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Native deodorant.  So far my favourite natural deodorant.  I’ve found several scents that I enjoy, the price isn’t outrageous, and while I don’t exactly do back breaking work on the regular, this stuff keeps me stink free.
  • Kiehl’s Crème de Corps – This was lovely.  It moisturised nicely, felt nice on my skin when I massaged it in.  The only thing that didn’t hit a home run for me was the fragrance.  There isn’t one.  Now… I know… fragrance in skincare can be sensitizing.  But I just plain like it in my body products. 
  • Ulta Shower Tablets.  This could have been a winner winner chicken dinner if I had found a fragrance more up my alley.  The lemon verbena was nice, but not the most amazing. One tablet in the bottom of my shower lasted two showers.
  • Cargo lip gloss – this was one that I’d set aside in my “try to love me or lose me” makeup bag that I’m using in lieu of a panning project this year.  I really didn’t anticipate loving this since it’d sat for way longer than I should admit unused.  The shade was kinda like Turkish Delight from Nars.  I used this next to me during the day as a chapstick and ran through it pretty quickly.  I wouldn’t buy it again, but it was nice to use up.
  • The Ulta Spiced cookie foot cream smelled delightful. No complaints at all.  I just don’t use a lot of foot creams.
  • BBW Hand Sanitizer. I don’t go anywhere other than work anymore and that’s only a couple times a week for a few hours.  I had these hanging on my purse for easy access and they were nice enough.  I appreciate the portability and non tequila scents.

Fine

0C3697BC-8793-4569-A4DB-E2641B27F832.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Dr Dennis Gross SPF – This is perfectly fine for an SPF, but I prefer higher than a 30.  I have others that I really like a lot more, so I likely would’t bother to order any.
  • Palmers Tummy Butter.  I used this a few years ago and didn’t finish the jar.  Figured I’d use it up to get rid of the jar. Kinda on the greasy side in that it takes a while to sink in, like a long while.  I do appreciate that it would be nice to help keep skin moisturised to avoid stretch marks but for using it up…. Don’t plan on putting on pants anytime right away.
  • Kiehl’s Rare Earth Mud Mask.  This was okay.  It didn’t do anything bad to my skin, but it didn’t do anything overly wonderful either. I think I prefer mud masks that don’t dry down.
  • Lancome Genifique. Gotta say this stuff feels wonderful on my skin.  That said, I didn’t notice any wonderful results when I used a full size and for the cost, I need to see a little something going on.
  • Inkey List Q10, saw no results, but I hear it’s meant to be more of a long term thing.  I won’t say I won’t try it again, but I’ve got way more serums going on that help me out right now to keep this in the mix.
  • Nuxe Masque purifiant doux.  The soft name kinda fits, it’s a nice soft dry down and was easy to use.  I’d say this is more suited for someone with no real skin concerns.  I’m wanting more from my masks.  Purifying isn’t exactly my end goal either, so I’m just not sure this is a fit for me.
  • Laura Mercier DS gloss.  This was nice.  Nice marshmallow scent to it, but nothing special.  Again was a part of my ‘use it or toss it’ program.
  • Bite Lipgloss.  This was borderline gone bad and didn’t have much left in it, so I used it up in a couple days. I’m sure this formula is discontinued but it was fine when I first used it.
  • Bite lip plumping oil – this was not an enjoyable product when I got it, however when I saw how fast I used up the lip gloss I figured I could knock this out pretty quick.  I’m just not into lip plumpers.

Miss

40C7967F-9A52-499F-9A66-5C1B7D0B05E9.jpeg

Spoiler
  • B&B thickening shampoo.  I love several of the B&B shampoos.  This one however did not volumize, thicken or allow my hair to be soft.  I’d have to use a hair mask after this in order to get a brush through my hair. The matching conditioner didn’t help either.  They all just made my hair very straw like.
  • OGX argan oil conditioner.  Just didn’t condition enough for me.  It did however give me a pimple on my neck.  Now I know I can’t attribute one pimple just to this, but I suspect it was. 
  • PTR Cloud Cleanser. I think there is coconut oil in this and my skin isn’t fond of coconut oil.  I also never felt quite clean after using it.  There was no real residue, just a feeling.
  • Lancome Mascara.  Was an older sample that I’d used a few times and pretty much abandoned. I got a bit of transfer with this one when I first used it and when I tried again it happened again.  No need to keep using it.
  • Cetaphil Moisturiser.  This was just meh.  It didn’t do anything bad, but it wasn’t anything wonderful either.
  • Random eye cream – this was an ipsy item.  I’m sure it was fine, but also … unmemorable.

Trash

90B0CE0E-89FF-43FF-9A6A-618103BC319C.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Clinque Yellow moisturiser.  This is a product that has never worked on my face.  I’ve always used the mountains of freebies on my legs.  This one was somehow half used and went bad by the time I found it in my ridiculous amounts of product.  This is why we need to go through things and use what we have.  I may have had to repeat this to myself a few times.
  • Nail Polish – dried up.  I actually have polish from at least 10 years back that’s fine, this one however was bought only a few years ago and went bad.  Never really knew polish did this.
  • Four random hotel lotions.  I thought I’d used all these up last year.  Nope.  I swear they multiply.
  • Nars gloss in orgasm.  This was a sparkly peachy mess.  I used it up as chapstick fairly quickly, but would never have worn it in public.  Way too many sparkles. 

Masks

91916AA4-D69F-4832-A5B8-73B9CAE2CECB.jpeg

Spoiler

This was a month of using The Crème Shope.  I can’t believe how many of their masks I accumulated. I’m currently on month 2 of TCS and I still won’t have them all gone.  Dang multi packs.  They all fit differently, have different amounts of serum and different materials, and varying levels of efficacy.  For these reasons, I’m super unlikely to purchase from them again. Now, I know I’ll end up with some at some point, but I won’t be going wild at TJ Maxx anytime soon.

• Top row – these were actually nice.  They were Anti Aging, plumping, moisturizing etc and that’s what my skin needs/enjoys. These were my top tier, stuck on my skin, had extra serum, material was soft and easy to apply.
  • Second row. These ones were nice enough.  Serum goals were aligned with my skin’s need. Not as much serum as the top shelf.
  • Third row. This whole line is a miss for me.  Never enough serum, the mask material doesn’t stick to my face well, and I find that I don’t get much out of the serum past a meh.
  • Bottom row.  Peppermint.  I can’t handle peppermint so close to my eyes.  These were all misses for me based on the serum ingredients.  I could only keep them on for 5-10 minutes.

@missjeanie  Wholy!!!!!! Great job!!

Thanks @ather I'm hoping my sale purchases don't derail the empties streak lol.  I need to get my collection downsized a bit. 

@missjeanie  I know the feeling. My stash is very overwhelming for me. I don’t know how I ended up with so much! 😫

@ather I blame BIC.  I feel like there are a few of us who are enabled by this forum and all the lovely people in it lol

@missjeanie Whooo you are killing it!

Thanks @Samtian !  It's been a real push to try and use what I have.  At least until the sale hit.  Oops. lol

@missjeanie Hahahaha.

Look at you @missjeanie😍 Nice work; go, girl!!! 🙌 

I'm with you on the OGX - I didn't find their products did enough. Now, that Milk moisturizer! 💛 I picked up a DS recently (and I'm being picky on picking up DS or foils at this point), but I really wanted to try it because I've heard good things about it. It makes sense why that's the case. It is wonderfully moisturizing. Unless I find something I like more, I expect to see it in my rotation after the summer. 

@itsfi  I just totally fell for that moisturizer.  I resisted picking up another last week in order to work through a few random ones I have on hand now, but I'll be back for it come fall sale for sure.  I'm so glad you ended up liking it as well.  

Late post of mid-April empties. 

LOVES: All the non-sheet mask items have been repurchased, some time and time again. 💖 I'm holding off on picking up more sheet masks for just a while longer, but each of these are repurchase-worthy, all for how soothing they are and 3 for their moisturizing properties. 😍

4.15.2021 Loves.jpg

LIKES: I would happily use these products again. A few actually border the love - like line, like the Nyakio face oil, Farmacy moisturizer and the Dear, Klairs cream.

4.15.2021 Likes.jpg

OKAY - MEH: These were all fine products, some slightly more so than others in the mix. There are just similar items that I have a preference for.

4.15.2021 Okay - Meh.jpg

NO: Just no.

4.15.2021 No.jpg

Not a bad mid-month showing. I've opened up brand new full size items having gone through this set of products.

@itsfi  Great job!! Jealous you got through so much!!

Thank you @ather! It helped a lot that I just kept to a handful of products in each category and rotated either on an as needed basis or every so often from among the handful of items I pulled aside. 

@itsfi Nice! What is that above the honey & milk?

@Samtian @ather, it's Cocofloss. It's floss infused with coconut oil. I feel like it was available at Sephora for a short period of time, pre-pandemic? There are different flavors/scents - this was mint. There's also passionfruit, coconut, strawberry, cara cara orange, vanilla bean, and dark chocolate. 

@itsfi Oh, cool! 

@itsfi  Oooo sounds interesting!!

@ather, the passion fruit, vanilla bean and dark chocolate scents / flavors are new. I’ve only found them on the cocofloss site. Their stockists seem to carry the original flavors. 

@Samtian  I was wondering the same 😂

8,140 Replies
testing