Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Empties for the month of June. 

IMG_2421.jpg

- I wish I didn't love the Deep Sleep pillow spray but I use a similar scent in my diffuser at night and it does help me fall asleep. 😍 have and or will be repurchased

- I do love the Drunk Elephant C-Firma but the small size oxidizes a lot faster so I'll stick to the full size

- I think I've found a cheaper replacement with the Misha FTE and this bottle leaked a lot for me if it wasn't vertical

- I like the Glossier and actually have another one ready to go. I've found other cleansers I like to so I'm not set on only using this.

First round of empties. I usually throw mine away, but I started keeping them now 😊

Loves:20180705_133601-1.jpg

Spoiler
-Purchased the KVD Tattoo Liner in full size after using up samples for a year. 
-Briogeo's deep conditioning mask blew me away. My hair felt so soft and less broken. Will purchase a bigger size eventually. 
-Laneige's Sleeping Mask & Pixi's Glow Tonic have both helped make my skin more even and a lot less dry. 
-The Solutions face masks have a thicker serum like essence (it feels similar to DE serums) and the results were quite nice. 
-The Amika dry shampoo smells and works great! Will repurchase. 
-I thought the Bite lip balm was too thick for wearing out, but it worked perfectly to prep my lips when I did the rest of my makeup in the morning. 
-The OUAI spray helped my waves be more voluminous and defined and they stayed that way for most of the day!
-The FAB face cleanser is so gentle and worked great on days when my skin was super sensitive or irritated. 

Spoiler
-The masks had really watery essence that dripped everywhere and the mask shape fit awkwardly. Otherwise I liked the results. 
-The Kenra Blow Dry Spray did make my hair softer and helped air dry it a little faster. I wouldn't repurchase though. 

Just okay:20180705_133148-1.jpg

Spoiler
-The Klorane spray didn't impress me that much. It left white residue sometimes in my hair. I just prefer the Amika one much more. 
-Clinique's Pep Start was a bit too thick and left my face shiny. It wasn't terrible as a makeup base though. 
-Maybe the sample of the Belif Toner was too small, but it didn't seem to do much. I was so impressed by Pixi that this one seemed less good. 

makeup

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 3.19.32 PM.png

would repurchase

• mac fix+
  • winky lux brow pencil (when i first got this in a boxy charm i thought it was an average pencil but it totally grew on me.  love the shape and the consistency of the pencil.  the shade was a tad too dark but otherwise i love!)
  • becca shimmering skin perfector pressed in opal

would use again

• becca shimmering skin perfector spotlight in moonstone
  • becc first light priming filter
  • colourpop super shock cheek in fanny pack
  • nars dual intensity eyeshadow in cassiopeia
  • urban decay lip crayon in glinda
  • bare minerals lipstick in speak your mind
  • too faced lipstick in shimmering marshmallow bunny
  • giorgio armani luminous silk foundation
  • giorgio armani fluid sheer
  • colourpop super shock shadow in tang (one issue with the darker shades of the cp shadows is that they dry out quickly.  by the end of this it was crumbly and a huge pain to apply)
  • farmacy honey butter beeswax lip balm ( i received this free for review from sephora and farmacy.   i started using this as a nighttime lip balm and quickly discovered that it was not hydrating enough to keep my lips in shape over night but it was great for morning hydration as i was getting ready.  it was also light enough that it didn’t effect the lip products i was using)

no

• nyx high voltage lipstick in playdate & flutter kiss
  • pur big look mascara ( i don’t know if this was because of the mascara or because of the packaging but i found this did absolutely nothing to my lashes.  the stopper seemed to be very tight and it felt like there was zero product on the wand)
  • butter london double decker  ( this was basically the polar opposite of the pur mascara.  it was so wet and gloopy.  it not only covered my lashes but went on my lids.  it smudged like crazy.  the wand also felt really large for my eyes.)
  • perfect skin perfection gel (WHAT DOES THIS EVEN DO?! i basically felt like i slathered silicone on my face that didn’t do anything but make my face feel heavy)
  • milk makeup kush mascara (did nothing for my lashes.  no length, no volume, no thanks!)
  • lorac pro brow pencil
  • esteem lauder double wear stay in place brow lift duo (i found both of these to be very dry and hard to apply.  both of these brow products were passed down to me in a swap with some friends so they were probably on the older side.  i’m not sure if this because they were older or if its just the formula.)

skincare

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 3.19.53 PM.png

would repurchase

• dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel 

would use again

• origins plantscription anti-aging cleanser
  • nuface by carol cole prep n glow
  • kat von d unlock it makeup remover wipes
  • exuviance triple microdermabrasion face polish

haircare

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 3.20.22 PM.png

would repurchase

• kms curl up leave in conditioner 

would use again

• ouidad climate control heat & humidity gel (not enough control for the humidity in the summer)

no

• madam cj walker wonderful deep conditioning masque (not hydrating enough to be a deep conditioner for my hair)

bodycare

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 3.20.07 PM.png

would repurchase

• glysomed eczema control
  • tarte brazilliance self tanner

would use again

• nubian coconut & papaya with vanilla bean body lotion

I recieved that same Butter London mascara in a BoxyCharm too! However mine was great, it applied very nicely, was not gloopy at all, and I never have problems with it getting on my lids. Maybe you got a bad tube? I also am such a fan of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors! They're a favorite of mine, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the minis and the regular ones are not the same quality. I got a few minis, opal and moonstone, which are nothing like the regular sized ones. The big ones are much smoother and shinier. If you end up repurchasing the bigger highlighter let me know if you notice a difference in quality! Thanks!

@sparklekai I've purchased a few of the Tarte Brazilliance tanners now.  I'm really fair-skinned and I like how the product gives me a very subtle tan glow and it doesn't reek of DHA.

@CookieGirl1 i find the same thing! i mainly use it on my legs because they rarely see the light of day and i don't want to blind people with the reflection from the sun.  plus my upper body looks like it belongs to a totally different person

@sparklekai You said you would repurchase the kvd wipes,...

@sparklekai You said you would repurchase the kvd wipes, so they're good? don't sting the eyes or leave a weird film?

ohhhhh @sparklekai, that's what I get for reading posts i...

ohhhhh @sparklekai, that's what I get for reading posts in the app- the posts are all jumbled together. Thanks for the review, easy pass for me if it can't remove mascara/leaves a film

Re: @sparklekai You said you would repurchase the kvd wipes,...

@sonnydee i actually wouldn't repurchase them but i would use them if i received them. they were very wet and did a good job at removing my makeup, although i still needed a separate eye makeup remover for the stubborn mascara.  but they do leave a film on my skin.  for me that's not a huge deal because i always wash my face with cleanser after using wipes.  

RE: Empties

The stand-out this week was the When mask-my first cellulose mask. It was a nice fit and my skin LOVED it! So thankful for the Facetory subscription. I am waiting on a Sephora order with a few cellulose masks from Dr. Jart, I am interested to see how they compare. The Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Oil was so, so nice-I already purchased the full size. I like it much better than the Farmacy Cleansing Oil, which I had high hopes for but sadly smells like vegetable oil:/

Re: RE: Empties

@eshoe Great job going through your masks.  My eyes immediately went to the Candy mask. 🙂

RE: Re: RE: Empties

@mishanyc, it had a nice light scent, perfect for summer-and was pleasant-there are just too many others to try for me to repurchase !
Anonymous Insider

IMG_4211.JPG

Loves

• Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots - these worked better for me than the crazy popular CosRx pimple patches

• Innisfree Green Tea Skin
  • Neogen Cranberry Foam Cleanser

Leaves

• OGX Orchid Oil Shampoo & Conditioner 

Everything else was just OK - not bad, but not great or memorable either. 

@Anonymous I haven't had good luck with any of the OGX line, sadly.  They smell SO good but they kill my hair :(.

June EmptiesIMG_4344.JPG

Spoiler
Repurchases
- The Creme Shop Charcoal Almond Fusion Sheet Mask (x2)
- The Creme Shop Rose Water Face Mask (x2)
- Karuna Exfoliating Face Mask (x2)
- Make P:rem Nourishing Oil Mask
- iM1NE I'm Sorry For MY Skin Revitalizing Jelly Mask
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Illuminating Body Wash
- Schmidt's Coconut Pineapple Natural Deodorant
- Gold Bond Healing Foot Cream
- Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub

IMG_4348.JPG

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Soo AE Juicy Mango Glow Mask
- The Creme Shop Pineapple Enzyme Face Mask
- Leaders Labotica Honey Skin Soft Mask
- Leaders Labotica Bamboo Skin Soft Mask
- Leaders Labotica Rice Skin Soft Mask
- Make P:rem In-shower Face Pack
- Little Barn Apothecary Charcoal + Aloe Face Cleanser
- Acwell Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner
- Raw Sugar Raw Coconut + Mango Body Butter
- Farmacy Green  Clean Cleansing Balm
- Tatcha The Water Cream 
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream

IMG_4351.JPG

Spoiler
Just ok
- By Nature Green Tea + Activated Charcoal Cleanser and Mask
- Caolion Pore Trouble Sheet Mask
- The Body Shop British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask
- The Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask
- The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask
- The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

IMG_4352.JPG

Spoiler
Dislike 
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Radiance Facial Mask

RE: Re: Empties

@MoniDJ Wow you’ve been really busy masking! I hope that you obtained the desired results! DE Protini cream is just the best cream I have used so far 😍 and I’ve tried many different creams but this one beats them all ( for my skin type ) by far! I’m already on my 2nd jar !

Empties

My June Empties! Loves: FAB Face Cleanser, Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser, Biobelle Unicorn Shake, Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C Rapid Flash Brightening Serum, Amika Soulfood, Hask Brut Rosé Deep Conditioner, FAB Ultra Repair Cream, Bum Bum Cream. Likes: Fresh Rose Face Mask, Exuviance Overnight Recovery Masque, Caolion Hot Pore Cleansing and Cool Pore Tightening Masks, Clinique Moisture Surge, Physicians Formula Killer Curves Mascara, Is Clinical Youth Eye Serum, Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation, Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic & Retinol Weinkle Recovery Peel. Nope: Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara, Honest Sea Salt & Sugar Body Scrub, Tata Harper Clarifying Mask.

@alkat, I love the CEO and Korres wash, too! I find I have a soft spot for nicely-scented products, and both of these are just right-not too heavy, not too light:)

Empties

My June collection of trash! Sephora made samples was Tatcha silk cream & Dior hydra life Sorbert creme. Perfume samples: Louboutin in tornado blonde,Dior absolutely blooming. More in depth review of glow recipe watermelon mask can be found in random thoughts.

@sonny Dee bummer on the GlamGlow mask. I'll make sure to...

@sonny Dee bummer on the GlamGlow mask. I'll make sure to read your review in random thoughts. I think I'm more attracted to the packaging and expects it to work great.

@sonnydee, what were your thoughts on the Tatcha?
8,134 Replies
testing