Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

Finally... I had a good amount of December empties! Used up lots of body/skincare products (probably more to come this month) which gives me an excuse to splurge on skincare month. 😉

1.jpg

Would Repurchase
Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub: I usually don't like sugar/salt based scrubs but this one is great. It didn't irritate my skin and didn't have that scratchy feel that some of these scrubs have. I've got some other scrubs to use up before I repurchase.
Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter: Sinks in quickly. Smells great. I've got the Righteous Body Butter Lotion (which I don't like as much) to use up. I like the Soap & Glory scent... but I think it's more a spring/summer scent.
365 Body Wash (Mint): Nice body wash. Decent natural ingredients. Moisturizing, doesn't strip my skin. Would repurchase from this brand again. I want to try another smell. I get sick of shower gel scents very easily.
Aquaphor Ointment: Must have for my skin during the winter. I put this mostly on elbows where I have a tendency to get flaky skin.

Would Not Repurchase
Eucerin Calming Body Wash: I don't think this gets you very clean (it has a slight oily feel) so I used this as a second body wash. I double cleanse. Yeah, I'm obsessive.
Eucerin Replenishing Lotion: It's an alright body lotion. After hearing so many positive things, I was expecting it to be amazing. It was meh.
Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream x2: Nothing about this being intensive or moisturizing. I got this after my friend had success with it by applying it to her rosacea. I tried it on my face, didn't do much. Ended up as a body moisturizer.
Oils (castor, argan, sea buckthorn): Want to try different types of oils & brands. Still trying to figure out what works the best for my skin when it comes to natural bodycare stuff.

2.jpg

Will Not Repurchase:
La Roche Posay Toleriane Foaming Cleanser:  Found it very drying. I use a prescription retinoid and wait 30 min. after cleansing to apply it. I literally couldn't move my face, it felt so dry & uncomfortable.
Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub: I don't even know why I decided to purchase this, I think it was one of those random buys. I used it mainly on my chest.
Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner: This product is sooo hyped in the UK. I think this just made it to the US, I bought it while in London. I found it very over fragranced and an average exfoliator.
Neutrogena Oil-Free: It gets eye makeup off alright but left an oily residue.
Olay Regenerist Serum: I've been trying to find a product with niacinamide for the longest time but every single one breaks me out like crazy. I got this after my dermatologist recommended it. It didn't break me out but the silicone feel wasn't my favorite.
Urban Decay B6 Spray: Evil. I broke out like a hormonal teenager. I just can't... aragagdsg.
Prescription Benzol Peroxide: Dried out my face and made it super red. Didn't use it up. Just tossing it out.
RapidLash Eyelash Growth Serum: Made my eyes extremley red. I primarly got it for eyebrows (know a lot of people had luck with it). After 3 months. Nothing.
Moroccan Oil: I looove the smell of this but cannot understand all the hype surrounding it. I want to give the light version a try because I'm thinking I will have better luck with it. This version weighed down my hair and didn't do much in regards to health of the hair or shine.
Revlon Color Stay Whipped Foundation: Youtube made me buy this. It's very long lasting and very good coverage. However, it made the pores on/around my nose look MASSIVE. I mean, my pores aren't even that large but whenever I wore this it looked like I had moon sized craters on face. My mom used up half of it and she had the same issue.
Bare Minerals Concealer: Just. No.
Jane Iredale Lip Plumper in Tokyo: Left my lips dry and chapped.

Perfumes: Juicy Couture Perfume & Marc Jacobs Daisy. This was 7 years old! I got it as gratis while working in the perfume department at Dillards. Kinda sad to let this go, nostalgia... I officially have no full fragrances left! I just have a box of samples & three deluxe sample sizes. My goal is to finish all those up and find my 'signature scent' this year.

Would Repurchase
Simple Eye Makeup: This was a sample. Removed makeup quickly, no stinging, and residue.
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil: For a drugstore oil, this is really great. I only used this when I wanted to leave my hair natural.  Made my hair super shiny.

3.jpg

Used up some Diptyque candles... woohoo to the cliche blogger makeup brush holders. Nothing stood out sample wise.

I like the organix light oil. I like their blowout cream as well. Works just like Drybar for 1/3 of the price. 

Way to go on using it all. I like  to rotate my shower scents too. 

My gooooodddnessss that is a lot of empties!! *high fives*

Ohh I have the Aveeno Scrub too! I have no idea what possessed me to buy it! Maybe since Jennifer Anniston  is endorsing it, i saw it and thought hmmm, Maybe i'll try it! But i don't ever buy any drugstore items! Maybe i'll try it on my chest! I didn't think about that!

Anonymous Insider

Paging Starletta8! I want to see those end of the year empties! 😛

Oh my lord, yes! I have been waiting for this! 🙂

Me too! Does this work yet? @starletta8

A little late but here are my december empties!

IMG_0292.jpg

LOVES:

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (!!!!) 
Caudalie Make Up Remover Cleansing Water

GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Freeman Brightening Facial Mask Rose
Lush Bath Bombs (2)

Just ok:

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

FAB Ultra Repair Cream

Philosophy Time in a Bottle

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Stila Convertible Color

YSL Touche Eclat

Benefit Oxygen Wow Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (good foundation, just too full coverage for me)

Hourglass Veil

Marc Jacobs Foundation
Desire by Dolce & Gabbana the OneEspecially Escada Delicate Notes Eau de Toilette

Sephora Nail Patch Art (these lasted a while!)

Soap & Glory Clarity Face Soap

Exfoliating Cotton Rounds 

Sephora Body Wash Cap in Peony

B&BW Venice Dolce Berry Shower Gel

B&BW Watermelon Lemonade Candle

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub

Aloe Vera Face Spa Mask

Glacial Clay Spa Mask (the aloe & this one aren't worth the $)

Hated/Not for Me:

Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette

Bamboo Shampoo, Conditioner, Strand Expand

Philosophy Hope in a Jar (could NOT get past the awful smell)

Great job!! 

I want to use my Caudalie Cleansing Water Cleanser, everyone keeps telling me good things!

Ah you have it but haven't used it? What are you waiting for?! You'll love it.

You so should! I fell in love with it!

okay Sighs I am kind of a hoarder when it comes to makeup I don't ever want my stuff to end so I prolong it as long as possible. this is what I've got so far...it's not much but it's something & i will continually add more by re-editing my post the more I go through in the month of  January. 

2014-01-10 19.29.21.jpg

2014-01-05 18.38.55.jpg

As of right now I've used up:

• Origins - plantscription anti-aging oil-free cream
  • Benefit Stay Flawless -Sample
  • Burt's Bee's Coconut foot cream - Travel size bottle
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment sugar - mini

I will be repurchasing both the burt's bee's coconut foot cream  & the fresh sugar lip treatment in full sizes the benefit primer however was good as a sample just not something I want to spend 32.00 on as a full size item still pondering the origins plantscription i love the way it treated my face just don't love the price. don't know if I will buckle & buy or hold off a while I have a few more samples of it to help sway my opinion which is always a good thing. 

photo_1[1].JPGphoto_2[1].JPG

Not as many empties for December!

Loved:

KGD Spa Cleansing Water Wipe

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo- best clarifying shampoo I've found

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Pads

B&B Surf Foam Wash/Cream Rinse Shampoo/Conditioner

Simple Cleansing Wipes

FAB Ultra Repair Cream

Neutral:

Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator (exfoliant)

Ulta Cotton Pads

Aubrey Moisturizer with Aloe & Sea Aster

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive- didn't do anything?

Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector- not sure this worked either

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk

Sephora Foundation

Becca Foundation

Urban Decay Primer Potion- so happy to use this up!!

Lancome Energie De Vie- not enough product to form an opinion; I have a 100pt perk of this I plan on using soon!

Hate:

Thermasilk Weightless Frizz Fighter- this doesn't work. Period.

Paula's Choice Anti-Redness Exfoliating Serum- greasy, smells bad, made my skin feel tight

Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture Infusion Lotion- smells TERRIBLE

So here are the pictures that were suppose to go with my post >_> ahem...

IMG_20140101_162827.jpgIMG_20140101_162914.jpgIMG_20140101_163126.jpg

So.... I've been bad and I haven't kept up with my own board haha!

But I finally stopped being lazy and took a pic of my empties, this is about three months worth so bear with me!

Poppy Sunshine and Gelato Candles by Bath and Body Works

Wet n Wild fast dry Atlantis, Nutra Nail- Nail Thickner

StudioTools 100 % Acetone nail polish remover

Guava and Fig Shower Gels by Korres

ProTerra Body Wash

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser

Befine Exfoliating Cleanser Brown Sugar and night cream with cocoa

Eclos face serum

Dr. brandt dark circles away serum

Clarasonic brush head normal(?)

Purity Facial Cloth

Davines Love Shampoo

Ojon Restorative Conditioner

Satin Hair Serum

Nexxus Pro Mend Leave in Crème

Twilight Woods and Midnight Pomegranate Body Butter

Twilight Woods Intense Misture Body Butter Mini

True Blue Spa Raspberry Body Scrub

BBW cucumber melon shower gel

Philosophy amazing grace shower gel

Hello Flawless Honey Powder

Givenchy Phenomen’ Eyes Mascara

Very nice! 🙂 Any repurchases?

I'm really on the edge of getting the Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser again, I loved it! But I already have so many unopened ones.... and I have another sample of the Hello Flawless Powder, I really liked it :)!

If I ever get through all my facial wash stash, the Boscia Black Cleanser is definitely one I would consider repurchasing! Really does the job 🙂

Anonymous Insider

emptiesdec.png

Just a small pile for me this month. My kitten wants to be a paw model when he grows up, do you think he has a future in the business? 😛

Love: Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial, which I have a backup of already; AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Cream, very sad to be out of minis of this one! Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector, I’ve got more minis of this one; Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which I love intensely, but it has been less effective as winter has begun, so I might give it a break; and Dr Brandt Retinol Hydracreme, something I hadn’t tried before but I liked how refreshed my skin felt after using this!

Hate: Origins High Potency Night a Mins cream, being thrown away half empty. It made me break out and didn’t absorb into my skin nicely. Also smelled like burned orange peels or something icky. Marc Jacobs mascara, which I tried to use for several weeks but it doesn’t lengthen or volumize my lashes well and its gel formula dries slowly and loves to smudge and smear everywhere somehow while it’s wet. Bleh.

Feeling Neutral: Bliss body wash, smells like bubble gum and I’m not fond of that, but it is a nice enough shower gel otherwise; O’Keefe’s hand cream, I actually use this on my feet mostly but it keeps them nice and soft. Nothing amazingly special though. La Mer Moisturizing cream, this stuff is super rich and I think it hydrates my skin well, but it reminds me too much of Nivea to make me want to pay the amount this stuff costs! Murad Oil-Free Sunscreen, nice enough non-greasy feeling SPF 30 cream, nothing special; Caudalie Vinexpert Broad Spectrum SPF15 Radiance Day Cream and Night Infusion Cream, I’m less impressed with their Vinexpert products than most of the others I’ve tried so far, but to be fair these sample tubes were pretty small. I’d want to give them a longer try before forming a stronger opinion.

Mr. Kitty definitely has a future in hand modeling- I am just impressed you kept him from plopping down directly on top of your pile as my cat would do if I was paying attention to anything but him!! LOL

I also hated Origins Night-a-mins. Gross! Peeled of my face like I was molting and broke me out!

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE THIS THREAD!

2 Replies
testing