Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

You went through an impressive collection!

IMG_1187[1].JPG quickly scrambled around to find some almost gone things and forced myself to use them one last time. Bye bye Dove deodorant,bottle of proactiv toner that has got to be older than I want to remember, Gwen stefani lamb perfume, Huggies baby wipes(i love these things... i get ocd about cleaning my makeup off once a week and these are great for wipe downs of my palettes and work area as well as swatches on my hands!), 2 packets of malibu hard water build up remover, 1 packet of ion hair mineral and styling product build up remover and one bottle of boscia's black mask(3rd bottle this year! i love love love this stuff and have already reordered!)

Omg I HATE that boscia black mask x_x

Made some more empties this morning!

IMG_1188[1].JPGnailpolish remover... of course I rebuy all the time just usually different brands from wherever I am when I need it. The blush I had been packracking since middle school... no idea why but it needs to say helllo to my trash can already so I can replace it with more benefit blushes! and the body wash... addicted to most of that whole scent line and have way to many bottles already waiting for me under the bathroom sink.

Yay Smiley Happy

Used up minis before I butcher those tubes so I can get every last drop. Muahahahaha!

2013-10-06 20.18.17.jpgClinique liquid soap for oil skin: was my basic for many years but I was so happy to move on.....until my mom called me to tell me she brought me a full size bottle and was so proud she remembers what I like. X.X

Bliss Fabulous moisturizer spf15: I think this might be my fav summer moisturizer.

Koh Gen Do spa gel: very nice, but not hydrating enough and a bit sticky when applied generously.

Koh Gen Do gommage gel: kind of like PTR FirmX, but I like my physical scrubs.

Shiseido spf42: not really a fan. It's very lightweight but separated a bit and comes in a non-squeezable and non-pumpable bottle.

Tokidoki Siberia: yay! First rollerball I finished!

Well its the thought that counts right?!?! 

So far this month I have been making a dent in my fragrance samples.

image.jpg

• Viktor &Rolf Flowerbomb card - it actually had enough "stuff" under the plastic to really put the scent on! It first smelled a little too sweet for me, but after some time it mellowed out.  Will need to try a bigger sample.
  • Estee Lauder Modern Muse - sorry to anyone who loves this but on me it smelled too mature.
  • Lancome La Vie est Belle - too sweet
  • Paco Rabanne Lady Million - at first I really liked this scent, but now I am on the fence.  I will need to try another sample
  • Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - got this sample at Walgreens.  I really like this scrub.  I bought a full size already.  I use it twice a week in the shower.  My favorite part is that it gives me a warm tingly feeling on parts of my face, like some sort of treatment.
  • Philosophy Miracle worker - got this in an Allue magazine, I also got a deluxe sample from Sephora (still trying it), so the jury's still out on this one.
  • Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara - No! No! No! Hated the brush, too clumpy.  Did give volume but no length.
  • Almay Get Up and Grow - this had a weird brush as well.  The formula was on the drier side (which I like), so needless to say, it dried out.
  • L'Occiane - was a bit skeptical about this product, but it smelled good and was very hydrating.  Would possibly purchase.
  • Boyfriend parfume - too strong for me, though it was nice to have a scent last all day.

I think one of the problems I had with the MUFE mascara sample is that the weird sample container thing let too much mascara out on the brush and so it all clumped up too much. Plus I wanted to use it a couple of times because there was a ton of product in it, but there was no way to close it and putting the wand back inside the container was so messy! Not well thought out!

image.jpgI like getting and using fragrance samples so I'm always up for new ones am

nd repeats of ones I like. Cuteness factor of minis. I keep notes on fragrances I test. The Olay cloths ate my face, I couldn't use them 2 days in a row without stinging. Yes to blueberries is for when I'm very lazy and need to clean or refresh my face or hands, they do not remove makeup adequately but I don't think they are supposed to? I've stopped using them regularly but still handy to have around as a break from sanitizer/refreshing spray. Gentle and I like the smell. The Nivea was an old nostalgia purchase, but it's never really done anything for me. I like the smell. It's drying up, so I'm tossing. Won't repurchase.

As I come across things, I'm saving them in a little bag until I have at least 5, then take a pix and toss. 

I do the same thing with Yes to Blueberries cleansing wipes. After a workout I will use as a quick refresher. I like the smell too!

Very late here but here we go for November. upload_972744190273170808.jpg

Mouthwash x 2- Pictured because I'm super excited about finally finishing that gigantic monster bottle. Not picky about mouthwashes but I liked the ACT better.

VO5 shampoo/conditioner- Used both bottles in one sitting to wash the henna out of my hair when I dyed it. Would only purchase again if I need to redye my hair.

Vanilla buttercream sugar scrub- Would absolutely buy again if the store I bought it from didn't shut down. Smells heavenly.

Cover Girl Intense Shadow Blast- Would consider buying again. Pretty color but dried out very quickly.

Kiss My Face Pore Shrink Deep Cleansing Mask- No no no no no no no. I'm tossing this 95% full. I've given it multiple chances and something about this mask gives me a 3 day headache and makes me heave.

Biore deep cleansing pore strips- Loved the nose strips. The face ones were only okay.

Desert Essence eye serum- Still undecided on. I have another sample for December so we'll see.

Jergens oatmeal crema- Once I go through my stash of lotion, I may purchase.

Reviva Labs eye gelee- Nope. Still 99% full. Never absorbed but acted like glue and got tacky/balled up when I rubbed my eyes.

Ballet slipper soap- No idea where my mom bought it but it's cute. Smells good. Would consider.

Neutrogena visibly bright cleanser- Not a fan. Smells like grapefruit and has golden shimmer added in.

Nude oil- Nope. Too thick and hard to remove. I had to wash my face afterward to get this all off.

Looking back at that, it's all super negative. Hope I like more of my empties in December lol.

Shimmer in a cleanser?...interesting!

image.jpgMore bathing...

out with the scented products in with better ingredients. 

Won't repurchase

Dr Teals Lavender salts

I Love Strawberries 

Village Naturals  Foaming Bath Oil & Body Wash

In with unscented salts, colloidal oatmeal.

I'll continue to repurchase Skin Below The Chin, I like the ingredients and my fiancé uses it too.

I love Dr. Teal's Lavender Epsom salt soak! I used it yesterday to soften my feet!

December empties!!! out with the old...in with the new!!!

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 6.10.52 PM.png

repurchase 

• vaseline problem skin therapy lotion
  • benefit porefessional
  • glysomed body lotion
  • fab facial radiance pads
  • rimmel scandal eyes mascara
  • bare minerals mineral veil 

would not repurchase

• rimmel sexy curves mascara
  • neutrogena all in one make-up removing wipes
  • elf -eyelid primer

might repurchase but wasn't anything special

• fab facial cleanser
  • nivea pure and natural day care
  • salley hansen polish remover 
  • maybelline the falsies big eyes
  • almay oil free gentle make up remover pads

Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 6.11.11 PM.png

would buy full size

• Nars smudge proof eyeshadow base
  • korres -vitamin e face primer
  • algenist pore corrector-anti aging primer
  • tarte maracua c brightener
  • lancome energie de vie

not for me

• bare minerals prime time foundation primer
  • fresh soy face cleanser
  • clinique superprimer universal face primer

Nice empties post!

What turns you off about the Neutrogena Wipes? I've considered trying them (but haven't yet) because I hear people talk about them occasionally.

dec2013 001.JPGSo this is the biggest part of my empties for last month, There were more, but sadly I moved and they got pitched before the pictures! lol I have like 2 tubs of the Nutrix body lotion left to go through .THat is the one item that I always buy when Lancome has their gift with purchases!  I also finished up a glamglow tub after 3 months. I have my new pile being set aside for January  now.

empty lipstick? I can never finish one ( How long did it take to use it all? Smiley Happy

I don't have any photos of my empties as I didn't find this thread until mid December. And to list what all I used up or had to toss due to expiration dates or time opened last year  would take hours.

However the following I would repurchase or have repurchased & am currently using:

Algenist Retinol Serum & also their Lifting & Friming vream.

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide face & eye capsules as well as the toner.

Lipgloss from Smashbox, Ulta & LORAC

Mascara from LORAC, Smashbox

Eyeliner- Stila liquid & pencil,  Smashbox cream. LORAC dream & liquid/gel, Tarte & UD pencil

Sunscreen: PTR Glycolic Acid Moisture & also Max Sheer SPF 30

Foundation  LORAC Natural Performance  or Givenchy Photo Perfexion.

Primer Hourglass Veil  or Smashbox Photo finish Light, Tarte Brightening

Blush- NARS Sin & the ONS palette

Cleanser CeraVe or Aveeno

Makeup remover KGD Spa water

Hair- Big Sexy

Shower Gel- Red Door

On the fence:

Dr. Perricone's Photo Plasma- jar packaging & price

HG Arch- It's a bit pricey & I'm still trying to get it right. Color may be a bit dark

Bumble & bumble Thickening set- Love what it does but has sulfates

TFSI & NARS eye primer-Like the Nars better than the TFSI but LORAC just works better for me

Would not repurchase:

ABH Catwalk palette- I foun d the colors weren't the best & quality wise it wasn't what I expected.

Benefit, They're Real- left my lashes hard.

Benefit That Gal & Porefressional-  lots of hype- no bang for me.

Want to try:

Alterna Hair care

Several brands of mascara

IT Cosmetics eye shadow palette.

The It Cosmetics naturally pretty palette is worth every penny. Lovely colors with a great texture and pigment. They blend really nicely for mattes shadows.

1 Reply