I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Yes. It is blue with a white lid. It came in a Sample Society box, so I am uncertain the full size version looks exactly the same. I already threw it away and cannot zoom in on the picture, so I cannot give you the exact name. Maybe, my lovely friend who pointed out the product in the picture can type the exact name, because she still has hers. I loved it, so I would definitely suggest giving it a try. The Brilliant Glossing Cream is amazing. I am trying to use up some oils before I open my next tube.
This WEEK's empties. Kinda proud that I'm using a lot of samples up! And no purchases this week either - YAY!
From Front to Back, Left to Right:
- Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation in 118,120,125,155
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream
- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation - Ugh I took this off my skin in 5 minutes. Did not like how it felt and my skin had a slight reaction to it (which is odd because the Argan Oil doesn't bother me)
- Marc Jacobs - Genius Gel Foundation in 26 Bisque Medium and Concealer Pen in #1 Rendezvous
- Fekkai Glossing Cream - Actually really liked this. Will buy when I get the next 20% off at Ulta.
- Em Cosmetics - Blush and three eyeshadow sample in "Out to Lunch" - I really hated how chalky these are. I also don't like how everything is so close together in the palettes, I would end up mixing all the colors together. Won't buy.
- Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere Hand Cream - Secret Wonderland - LOVED this. Definitely buying a new one! If you have any favorite scents I should check out, let me know.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Creme Rinse Conditioner - Had the best hair day of the month after using this. These are a must purchase for me.
- Boscia - Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel - liked this but probably won't buy anytime soon.
- Soap & Glory Clarity Face Soap - Can't explain how much I love this. I've bought a million and wish Sephora still carried the larger size.
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow & Concealer Primer - I had this for awhile and bought the larger size of this. I wish I hadn't. I have other primers I reach for way more. This creases too much for my liking.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
- Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes - These were horrible for my sensitive skin. Ugh if I didn't wash my face IMMEDIATELY after my skin would burn so badly.
- Secret Outlast - Sport Fresh
Bleh, I am impressed you managed to get through the Costco wipes! My skin is usually very tolerant of new products but I had to quit these after 2 days because they made both my mom and I have terribly red, blotchy skin. I don't know what is in those things but it's awful!
I hated them so much... it was so painful to finish them! I literally had to force myself to use them just so I could get them out of my cabinet. Ugh. Trust me it was not easy!
I'll have to ask my mom if she ended up finishing them or tossing them, she didn't want to throw them out immediately, so she was rinsing them off first, then using them like disposable washcloths with her own face scrub, haha.
Well, if those cleansing wipes don't work for you, you can try use them as a quick freshener for other things. When there's no time to shower, apparently Brad Pitt ward off the stinks by swiping baby wipes in the underarm region. I'm sure you can do the same with cleansing wipes. I haven't tried it, but after I'm done toning my face, sometimes I would wipe the still damp cotton pad over the more oily or sweaty areas like the cleavage or underarm. =X
Cleaning up with baby wipes is commonly known as a "camp shower" and is as the term suggests, great if you are out camping, hiking, or otherwise unable to access a shower. I like to keep baby wipes on hand just for that, its especially good being out in the country because sometimes it takes a couple days for them to get the power back on after a bad storm.
Haha, I do that too with the cotton pad, it's kind of refreshing when it's been hot out and if I am sweaty and my cat comes to cuddle I end up with cat fur stuck to me. Gross. I don't need to look like I have black chest hairs or something!
I saw a tutorial on Birchbox and they used the primer to conceal undereye circles, so that's what I started doing (being a newbie to primers). However, after a few uses, I noticed that the skin there was getting REALLY DRY. I had to pile on the eye cream down there for me not to look twice my age.
I feel taken advantage of.
I really liked it at the time, enough to buy a full size. But since I've tried other primers, I've noticed how much this one creases for me. Hopefully it doesn't do the same for you!
@prosopon It wasn't extremely conditioning so if that's what you're looking for, then it's not this. I was really unsure until I saw the way my hair behaved once it dried. It felt and looked good the next day. I really want to try it out in larger sizes.
This month I tried really hard to use up some of the million different samples I had lying around, I have a bad habit of hopping from one product to another and never finishing any of them so it was good to see how much room I can make just by using all those samples, haha.
- Philosophy Purity Wipes, these were nice and smelled good. I stocked up on Soap and Glory wipes a bit so I might repurchase these again after
- Nivea antiperspirant, repurchased in the scent I usually buy but they didn't carry it in Mexico so I bought this one
- POREfessional sample card, I accumulate samples of this faster than I could ever use it, I probably have six minis.
- Urban Decay De Slick and All Nighter sprays, repurchased already. Thought these would last me until I was done in Canada, but I was wrong.
- Nivea Free Time shower cream, repurchased. It smells so good, starfruit is delicious!
- Opti-Free Replenish contact solution, repurchased. It's been so sunny I've had no choice but to wear contacts almost every day or I will be blinded without sunglasses, haha.
- 4x Lancome Visionnaire packets, I bought like 20 of these on ebay because it was about 1/3 the price of buying a full size. It was an awesome deal.
- Philosophy Cinnamon Buns sample, nice but I won't buy.
- Alterna Bamboo Shampoo sample, OMG. Will buy. I kind of fell into this thinking that nothing would make my hair look any better, so why spent any money on it, but I know there's a massive difference between drug store and higher end makeup and skincare, why didn't I realize hair would be the same??
- NARS Pore Refining Primer, I don't think this did anything for me.
- AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Creme, I still have loads of samples of this, but one day I just might shell out for it. I love it as a night cream.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream, NO NO NO. This is the only thing I'm throwing away unfinished. I really hate the smell and I've given it lots of chances the past couple months, it makes me break out, and I don't think anything else did out of a zillion things I used this month.
- AmorePacific Eye Complex, I don't think this did much for me. Won't buy.
- Boscia SPF 30 moisturizer, light, sinks in quickly, not greasy. Don't love it though, and I have lots of SPF to work through.
- Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Water, smells really nice, gentle on the skin. Repurchased.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir, refreshing, smells good, I don't find the plant derived alcohol drying at all to my skin, repurchased.
- Lancome SPF 30 moisturizer, see the Boscia one above
- Caudalie Premier Cru the Eye Cream, I like this a lot, and the golden light reflecting particles are great for my dark circles. Will probably buy when I'm through samples.
- Caudalie Vinosource Eye Rescue, I liked the Premier Cru better.
- Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum, I liked this but I have lots of serum samples to use, so no need to purchase for now.
- Stila Face the Day gel moisturizer, meh. Didn't love, didn't hate.
- Sephora Instant Moisturizer, I liked this more than I thought I would. Might pick some up at some point.
- AmorePacific SPF 30, I liked the oil free formula, but I'm well stocked on sunscreen for now.
- Korres Greek Yogurt Sleeping Facial, I will probably buy this at some point. I have the Wild Rose for now though.
- Shiseido Advanced Super Restoring Cream, this is too much for my skin, even overnight it would still not be fully absorbed sometimes. Better if you have dry skin I bet.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, I will repurchase this for sure, it smells like peach yogurt and it's a super scrubby exfoliator.
- Cartier Baiser Vole sample, purchased already. I was running low on my EDT spray pen so I wanted to put off emptying it by using up this sample first. Luckily my mom decided she likes the scent on me better and gave me another spray pen, yay!
Plus all of these. Busy month!