Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Latest batch 🗑

YTD 200

Notes in the spoilers!

IMG_20220605_210729273.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta Dreamy Pineapple candle: I haven't had a ton of pineapple candles over the years; while I like the scent, it never seems to translate well to a candle, at least not the ones I've tried before. This one was pretty good though! Decent throw, not the strongest Ulta has ever released, but I'd call it a medium or so, which frankly blew my expectations out of the water. Would rebuy. 

Acure Dry Shampoo: I liked this pretty dang well for a loose powder. It wasn't gritty, didn't seem to build up on my scalp, and I even like the bottle enough that I'm going to refill it with other loose powders to see if that changes my feelings on them (application can be the make it or break it point for powders, regardless of how good they are). I felt like I had to use a lot of this one, but bottle style made that pretty quick and easy, and while I haven't looked up the price yet, I'd guess it's significantly cheaper than the Bumble one that has been my fave to date. I have several samples from other brands in my stash to use up, as well as a bottle of Bumble already on hand, but I could absolutely see myself buying this in the future when I need more.

Ulta Fall Leaves Body Mist: I love this particular scent, but it lasts all of 1.3 seconds 😕 I got it for a couple bucks or so on clearance a while back, so it's fine for that price, but I'm not looking to rebuy.

Kristen Ess Dry Shampoo: Still liking this one pretty well, in line with my last post!

Pacifica Body Spray Coconut Vanilla: I am over Pacifica's coconut scent for a while. It's fine if you like coconut, but I hit a brick wall with it lately, and don't even want to look at this bottle anymore even though it's only a third or so empty.

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser: all time favorite cleanser (now called Cult Classic...I think this is my last of the old tubes). It cleanses well without being too drying, and just generally makes me happy. 

Vichy Mineral 89 Serum: nice extra layer of hydration. I've got a ton of samples that I'll work through eventually. This falls into "not sure I'd buy it", but that might partly be because Ulta throws minis in every dang GWP, and I may never have to, even if I do make it a permanent part of my routine 😛 

IMG_20220605_210841546.jpg

Spoiler
Ayam Makeup Remover Wipes: I tried to push through, but life is too short to be stuck with stinky wipes. Floral + baby powder are two of my top nopes in life, and they're both present and accounted for here. The wipes themselves weren't bad; they left me feeling slick (kinda oily even?) for a few minutes, but once that dried down, my face felt relatively clean without being dried out.

Duke Cannon Cold Shower Cooling Cloths: I love love love these, they are amazing for cooling down after yard work and such.

Ulta Pedi Pebble: another true love that I always keep on hand

Ulta Shower Tablets x3: and a third true love lol

Sweet & Shimmer Wipes: terrible. They have zero slip and are such a pain to maneuver...they just want to stick to my skin and wad up when I try and push them around. I really thought I had ditched all of these already, but no, apparently I stashed two packs in the mini fridge in the basement for use outside. One pack down, one to go!

IMG_20220605_210926166.jpg

Sheet masks, all fine with low scent and decent moisture. Nothing revolutionary here, but nothing bad either. The foot mask is something I try and keep on hand and will absolutely rebuy, it's delightfully minty and such a nice treat every now and again.

@RGbrown Wow! Lots of empties! I wish we had Ulta in Canada!

@Mellmars1185 

I wish y'all did too! Plans were in the works, they were even hiring corporate folks for the Canadian offices...and then the pandemic ground all of that to a halt. Perhaps they'll consider it again soon! 🤞

@RGbrown That would be so exciting!

@RGbrown great empties pile! How did you like those sheet mask? I think I have a couple on hand from that brand somewhere around here, hehe.

@QueenMarceline 

They all fell into the "fine" category for me, though I'm not a huge sheet mask fan to begin with, so what do I know lol (I'm just trying to use up what I have so they don't go to waste, but the format in general isn't really my favorite). They were low scent with decent moisture, which is all I really ask for in a sheet mask, so all in all, they're perfectly passable, something I'd use again, but not something I'll go out of my way to restock.

These are the empties from May, unfortunately not as fruitful as I hoped it would be. Going to try to dip into my project pan a lot this month to get rid of those products since June is the middle of the year. 

Key:

❤️Red HeartI've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange HeartI've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink HeartA relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

🖤Black Heart: A loved but discontinued product. 

👩Shrugging Girl EmojiI haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs UpI'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing.

IMG_0462.jpegIMG_0468.jpegIMG_0469.jpgIMG_0470.jpg

@QueenMarceline Nice empties. I love banana scented products. How do the banana masks smell?

@Mellmars1185 Unfortunately, these do not smell like banana at all. Despite that, I really enjoy that mask a lot.

May 2022 empties

5.2022 Empties 1.jpg

Spoiler

Only one major miss for May and that was the Sol de Janeiro Hair Mask. It smells great, but it wasn't a great hair mask for me. Too thick / heavy for my hair and, as a result, I had a hard time working it into my hair - it felt like it just sat atop my hair. It took a while to rinse it all out of my hair as well. 

The three items with a hot pink star next to it are items I love and would repurchase. For these three, the only reason I haven't repurchased right away is that I have similar products I need to work through first. AmorePacific Vintage Single Extract Essence is no stranger to my skincare bin. There always seems to be some size of the product in the house. The green-tea based essence pricey but oh so good for adding hydration to my skin and making it more supple.

The fit of the Purederm Snail Cell Illuminating Multi-Step Treatment Mask takes some getting used to, but the results from the ampoule and mask are great - soft, bouncy, hydrated skin with a fresh-faced, healthy glow.

Then I Met You Living Cleansing Balm is great at removing all my makeup and sunscreen and leaving my skin soft, smooth and lightly hydrated. It's one that I find works best for me when my skin is more on the combo side. 

Items with a "thumbs up" emoji on or next to them are ones I do like, some maybe that I like a lot, and that I would use again, but I don't necessarily feel like I have to have them, primarily because there are similar products I like better and reach for more often. Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste with Pure Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts smells wonderful and does a nice job of clearing my hair of any residue or build up from my hair care products. 

NEST New York Himalayn Salt & Rosewater candle is part of their Wellness collection. It has a lovely sweet and floral scent; I pick up more of the geranium than the rose, but the latter is in there, though very faint. It's a pretty scent and one I do like, but my favorite within the Wellness Collection (and one of my favorites of all candles) is the Driftwood and Chamomile scent. 

Everything else is fine - did what they were intended to do. I just like other similar products more. I have a few more sheet masks that should be included in this post but I can't seem to locate where I kept my empties bag for those as the bag is not in its usual place and I'm wondering if I may have already tossed them.

5.2022 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler
All the products here were nice but I didn't feel like any were "must haves". That said, Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Frambrois Glycolic Night Serum and Supergoop! Daily Dose Vitamin C + SPF would be ones I would be happy to use again, though the Supergoop! is one I use as a serum and not as my primary SPF.

The Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer is too light for me most of the year; it's one that is better suited for my skin as a moisturizer in the warmest part of the summer. Otherwise, I tend to use this to mix with bronzing drops or as a light sleeping mask.

I was surprised that my skin took so well to the belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb. Being on the dry side and dehydration being an issue, my skin generally prefers the Moisturizing Bomb from the brand. Shows that my skin is leaning more combination as the weather is warming up.

I like the fit of the Andalou Naturals Instant Lift & Firm Hydro Serum Facial Mask - it's near perfect. Results were fine, as to be expected from a sheet mask - a little hydration, a little glow. There are just other sheet masks out there with "age defying" claims that I like more.

Neogen Agecure Moist-Fit Conceal Pact (No. 21 Light Beige) contains nice anti-aging ingredients. I'd group this compact among those cushions I like; the color seems to be on the lighter, peachier side for No. 21 shades that cushion compacts come in so it's a shade that is better for me in the winter to early spring months. 

The Creme Shop Makeup Removing Wipes were fine. I don't really use wipes like these for removing makeup on my face, except in a pinch. I use it more for cleaning off swatches or if I'm mixing foundation or concealer shades on my hands.

5.2022 Empties 3.jpg

Spoiler
Holler and Glow you wanna piece of me! hand mask and foot mask smelled deliciously of peaches and performed as expected, leaving my hands and soles hydrated and moisturized. These are not my favorite hand and foot masks but they are certainly ones I'd be happy to use again.

I'd also be happy to use the beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover Pads again - they do a good job of taking off polish, including glitter polishes, and these come in handy when traveling. One pad is usually enough to remove polish from both hands. This box contained 30 and lasted me for a good while.

It took me a while to form a like of the JVN complete Air Dry Cream but I do like it now. It smells lovely and it does add softness and movement to my hair. I have plenty of hair care treatments to work my way through so I'll hold off on picking up a full size of this one, but it is a good product.

Julep Your Cuticles Look Thirsty was part of my project pan last year. I didn't get through it at that time and opted to go with a cuticle oil this year. That said, I continued to work through it; it is a nice cuticle cream and I like that it is packaged in a tube - makes for an easier and cleaner delivery system. My nails just seem to do better with oils. I'd use this one again if I had it, but I'm not inclined to seek it out for repurchase.

MTD = 21

YTD = 150

I've been shooting for posting twice a month, but managed to skip the end of April, so it's a pretty big batch for me today 🗑️ YTD 181

IMG_20220518_160014520.jpg

FULL SIZE & MINIS

Spoiler
Ulta Beashside Bonfire candle: fantastic throw, burns well. I thought I'd love the scent and bought a bunch...turns out I don't, but I muddle through them lol. It's much more floral than I would have expected for a "bonfire" scent, so I won't be repurchasing, but it's an excellent candle if you like the scent!

Homeworx Tropical Rum Punch: I've made my feelings clear on this brand a good bit recently, so I'll just leave "eh". This was actually one of their better ones in terms of throw, but I'd still classify it as fairly weak, and it's extremely subpar for the price (especially after the recent price increase at Ulta, this size went to $25 from $15).

Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo: true love HG. Scary white out of the can, but it shakes out extremely easily, and gives me not one iota of flaky buildup over time. I can stretch out washings up to 5 days with this one (3 is my max with most others). No stiffness, crunchiness, or grit, and this one is completely weightless. 

Kristen Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo: not as good as Redken, but it's also better than many others I've tried. The full size (113g) is a bigger can than Redken (91g) for less money, so I could see myself padding my stash with it from time to time. I like the scent, it's kind of a dry/woody scent, and it works moderately well, though I have to use a lot more of this than Redken. Low to no buildup after 3-4 days, and the white stuff shakes out fairly easily. I use dry shampoo before bed, and sometimes have to touch up during the day with this one, but all in all, it's relatively decent, and the price point is a plus.

Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo: eh, fine. Not as hydrating as the name implies, but doesn't leave my hair feeling like straw. Would use again, but it's not on my rebuy list.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair mask: I like this a lot, it does nice things for my hair, especially after shampoos that aren't as hydrating as I like. 

Pirette Dry Body Oil: I love the scent of this stuff! It's a dry/green coconut, beachy without being overly sweet, and the oil soaked in well without leaving me slippery or sticky. I recently purchased the fragrance oil, and may splurge on the dry oil one day too (though I have some other body oils I need to finish up first).

Valentino Donna Born In Roma, Moschino Toy 2, Givenchy Irresistible: used up as pillow mists, all were fine, though not really scents I gravitate towards. 

Peach & Lily Matcha Pudding Antioxidant Cream: I can't really sus out how I feel about this, which I guess makes it a nah? It was fine, but not my favorite. I had to make sure not to use too much (and "too much" seemed to be anything north of about 50-60% of what I normally use for moisturizer) or else it just sat on my skin and was difficult to rub in. It didn't mix with oil all that well either. My skin felt fine afterwards, and it didn't break me out, but I'm not really interested in trying this one again.

Peach & Lily Pore Proof Perfecting Clay Mask: not bad, but this is another product that left me at "eh, it's fine". It doesn't dry down (which is a plus for many, but I like ones that do). Light scent, and my skin was nice afterwards, but it didn't inspire me to add it to my purchase list. 

Hempz Star Jasmine & Vanilla lotion: lovely scent, close to the old BBW Aromatherapy Jasmine & Vanilla if you remember that one. Not quite a perfect dupe, BBW had a touch of a woody undertone to it that this one is missing, but close enough to bring up some pleasant memories of it. Have more, and this is one I'll keep on hand to use from time to time.

Black Dahlia Lacquer Ridge Filling Base Coat: if BDL ever swapped to a paddle brush, this would be my favorite base coat ever, likely eclipsing even Butter as my HG. Butter does a *slightly* better job of filling my ridges, but they are close in that regard. The key to BDL though, even more than formula, is bottle shape. Goodness, I had the bottle probably 75-80% empty before I even had to start tipping it sideways to get more polish on the brush, and I managed to finish off 99% of the bottle without next to no trouble. Short, squat bottles (like Butter) start being a pain around 25% empty, and I tend to have to consider it "done" around 60-75% empty. Tall bottles with longer brush stems can reach more product for longer, making it so much easier to get my money's worth, especially for something like a base or top coat where my general plan is to finish it off. I've got plenty of Butter base coat for now, and also a backup bottle of Essie Smooth-E, another one I like, but will seriously consider buying more of this in the future, even though the brush isn't my fave.

CND Solar Oil: I make my own cuticle oil, but this one is oh so lovely if you want to just buy something already made. The almond scent is fantastic, and it's got a great amount of jojoba oil, which is key for the nails themselves. I'd use more of this if it ever showed up on my doorstep, but it's not going on my purchase list simply because I can DIY something I'm just as happy with for much less money.

Lip Smacker Skittles Green Apple lip balm: basic staple, just a decent enough daily balm with a fun scent.

IMG_20220518_160540298.jpg

PACKETS

Spoiler
Smashbox Primerizer: I love this stuff as a daytime moisturizer in the summer, and an extra layer of hydration in the winter.

Peach & Lily Matcha Pudding Antioxidant Cream: reviewed in first pic

Yard work season has kicked into high gear, so wipes get used a lot more by me as a way to clean off a bit and cool down when I'm done, even if a shower is just around the corner.
Duke Cannon Cold Shower: my fave here, I love the cooling sensation, and the textured cloth. It's refreshing! 
Yuni Shower Sheet: I like the oversized sheet, but the herbal scent doesn't agree with my nose...lemongrass tends to turn "dirty" on my body.
Megababe Shower Sheet: hmmm, whoops, don't remember this one at all. Must not have hated it, would try again 😂
Love Wellness Do It All Wipes: yeah, meant for a different purpose, but eh, whatever, it's a wipe. Not a big fan of these, really. They're small (again, different purpose), and the material stretches apart quickly...they aren't a solid sheet, but more of a loosely woven material, and holes pop up easily. Not really a feature I look for, perhaps especially if used for that other purpose. 

Cala Peppermint Moisturizing Foot Mask: I love minty foot stuff, and always keep these on hand, scouting TJM whenever I get low on them (thankfully TJM seems to carry them regularly). I don't think to use these nearly as often as I'd like, but I love the minty scent and feel, and really enjoy them when I do pull them out. Have more, and this will stay on my purchase list indefinitely.

IMG_20220518_160810824.jpg

MASKS

Spoiler
Skyn Iceland Hydrocool Firming Eye Gels: these are fine, not something I'd buy, but I'm still trying to use up what I have from gwps. I'm terrible at remembering anything other than sheet masks though...still have quite a few to finish off.

Oh K! Watermelon Foot Peel: almost a week to start peeling, and peeling was done around the three week mark, which is about average for me, really. Even Babyfoot didn't work any faster when I tried it, so all in all, I'm pretty happy with it, and would purchase again. 

Sheet masks, all were fine, nothing truly notable or exceptional here to me. There were varying degrees of "this fabric is a little thicker than I like" or "not my favorite scent", but in the end, all gave me decent enough moisture that I was content (hydration/moisture is really all I look for in a sheet mask). Not looking to run out and purchase any of them immediately, but I'd use more if they showed up in my stash. 
Sephora Watermelon After Sun Mask
Creme Shop
Purlisse
Ulta Banana: most likely to make a repeat appearance because, well, I'm an Ulta addict lol. No alcohol, nice light banana scent, good moisture, decent fit. I've got one or two more already, and would buy again with a sale if I needed a cart filler.
Miss Spa Age Defy
Freeman Grapefruit: next most likely to make a repeat appearance because this 2pk was just a buck at Dollar Tree (this was before they raised prices, so maybe it's $1.25 or $1.50 now, if they even have it anymore). Ulta used to carry Freeman sheet masks a few years ago, and right as I discovered I liked them pretty well, they stopped carrying them (sigh). But it was nice to stumble on this at DT a while back, and yeah, they're good, especially for the price. Fragrance is the last ingredient, the moisture is nice, and I really like how 2 in one pack cuts way down on packaging (not to mention the package is much smaller than many other brands' packaging for just one mask to begin with). I don't wander over to DT often, but next time I do, I'll grab several of these if they have them!

IMG_20220518_160357631.jpg

DESTASH

Spoiler
Julep Boost Your Radiance oil: I love this stuff, but this was an abject lesson in "check the box before you buy it" (and also maybe "don't hold backups for eternity, especially oils, ya dummy" 😂). Ulta clearanced the brand out what, like 3 years ago? I scored this on 90% off clearance, so $3.60, but it turns out the dropper bulb was broken off and this is perhaps the most disgusting thing I've ever found living in my cabinet.

Awake Power After Hour Retinol Oil: The scent is a bit overpowering, a strong herbal that isn't bad, but is heavier than I like, and whoever decided that a wide mouth bottle without a dropper was appropriate packaging for an oil sample really needs a stern talking to. One night, I'd manage to control it and only get a drop or two, another night I'd accidentally pour out half the bottle and have to try and scoop some back up. Destash because I'm tired of messing with it.

FAB Barriar Cream: I really like this stuff and was looking forward to using it again, but apparently I've held onto these for too long...they've turned into a thick, gooey, yellow syrup and stink to high heaven. Another abject lesson in the dangers of hoarding the good stuff. I'm trying to be better about it, but am still playing catch up with the older stuff, apparently 😞

Morgan Taylor Need For Speed quick dry top coat: I'm a little heartbroken that I don't like an MT product, but this is pretty awful. It's super thin, and no matter how hard I tried to really load up my brush, it would leave brush strokes nearly every time, so two coats were pretty much required to eliminate those. It picked up the polish underneath *immediately*, making it useless for art, and keeping me on high alert anytime I did a skittles mani...I'd have to wipe the color off the brush between every nail. And then as it thickened a bit, it started leaving air bubbles in every polish. I finished half of it, but nope, it's not worth it to me to keep trying to use it up. I am saving the bottle though, and will refill it with my G&G, see if I like the brush for that one.

@RGbrown I see a LOT of sheet masks I also like/use. So sorry you don't really care for the hydrocools, they're some of my most reached for masks but lately I've been digging a lot of eye masks that come in pots of like 30 cts so I have not been reaching for these as much. I might bring some along for the ride on my business trip for some fun spa time 🙂 I have the cicamend mask but haven't yet tried it out, I'm usually a big fan of the creme shop face masks though so I have high hopes for that one. 

I also adore that Sephora Watermelon mask, it's one of my favorites from the Sephora line but I usually use it as after sun care. 

Also so bummed to see that you weren't digging those Peach & Lily gwps/minis, I've been wanting to dip into this brand but so far have only tried out their little face cleansing pads but I've definitely been intrigued because of the hype. However, maybe I'll skip these particular picks in my future exploration and look for something I hear good feedback on first. 

@QueenMarceline 

I don't dislike the hydrogels really, they just don't do much for me. While my skin is nowhere near perfect, I don't really have undereye issues that bother me, so these are just an extra step for me that feels good (I do like the cooling effect), but has no real benefit most of the time, so I never really think about eye masks, whether from Skyn or any other brand.

Lotsa folks love P&L, for sure! The pudding moisturizer was a bit weird for me, but the gel one is pretty nice from what I recall of my last sample (and I've got a couple more I'll be using some time soon-ish too).  

@RGbrown Gotcha 🙂 I really enjoy the cooling effect tbh. Not sure if they're doing anything for my eyes but I'm a bit addicted to eye masks haha!

Time to roll out my April 2022 empties, this was a much slower month for me due to just starting a new job and not having as much time for masking and such. I'm going to try to make May more of a month to "treat myself" and dip into the products I have on hand (which is a lot, lol). 

Key

❤️Red Heart= I've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange Heart= I've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink Heart= A relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

🖤Black Heart: A loved but discontinued product. 

👩Shrugging Girl Emoji= I haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs Up= I'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing.

IMG_0249.jpgIMG_0250.jpgIMG_0252.jpg

April empties, mostly made up of loves or likes. Not many full-sized products, but I'm working my way through the ones that are open and may have more to show in the summer months.

LOVES:

April 2022 Empties - Loves.jpg

Spoiler
The Q-tips, Shiseido cottons, and the last two sheet masks are repeated loves. I’m working towards just having reusable rounds and making my way through my supply of Shiseido cottons.

All the sheet masks are ones I’d happily repurchase, if they were easily accessible. The first and last ones are discontinued, and the second mask is a limited edition. The JMsolution Green Dear Rabbit Carrot Mask is a new hybrid mask material and one I intend to repurchase as a 10-pack, if available. I have a 10-pack of the Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Mask and love it for its brightening properties - this is one I reach for before a special event or if I need an extra glow to my mug! 😆💖

The Woodwick Whipped Matcha Candle is a new favorite and I owe a huge 'thank you' to @greeneyedgirl107 for introducing it to me. Thank you for this thoughtful gift! Looove everything about it - the light, fresh, creamy green tea smell, the cackle from the wick! I will be picking up a full size of this one. .

The products in the CosRX propolis line have been a nice addition to my skincare routine in the warmer months when my skin leans more combo-oily and I'm more prone to breaking out. I've found the antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties of propolis to work well with my skin and the acne/maskne issues. This was the first time I tried the CosRX Propolis Light Ampoule - it has a thinner consistency than what I might associate with an ampoule, but in this case it works well as it layers really smoothly and nicely with other, slightly thicker products, without leaving skin feeling heavy. 

April 2022 Empties - Likes.jpg

Spoiler
These are all likes. I was most surprised by the Laneige. I think they’ve reformulated so I'm not sure how the new version compares to these foils. The My Beauty Diary Sahara Scenedesmus Oil Balancing Mask left my face feeling soft, smooth and nourished, all things I find to be a plus. Its primary claim is to balance oils. I used this at a time when my skin was less oily so it was hard to gauge that but I would love to see how this one performs in the warmer months when my skin is oilier. The candles were great; made the house feel fresh and cozy at the same time; good scents for this time of year. I'll definitely be interested in checking out more candles from the brands, particularly the Jia brand as it is a local company and the brand has a few scents that are throwbacks to things from my childhood.

LIKABLE & LACKLUSTER

April 2022 Empties - Likes + Lackluster.jpg

Spoiler
The first to rows are likable. If I had them lying around I wouldn’t hesitate to use them but they are not my favorites in their respective categories. Of this bunch, my most liked is the Supergoop (Re)Setting Refreshing Mist SPF 40 because of its practicality and functionality for reapplying SPF. I do have to be extra careful to keep it far from my eyes, as it can cause them to water pretty badly throughout the day.

The last row I found to be lackluster. The elle + mila Soy Polish Remover Wipes left a filmy slightly greasy residue on my fingers. The sample jar was filed with Origins Original Skin Cleansing Makeup Removing Jelly with Willowherb - it was more challenging to work with than I remember from past uses. It also left a film on my skin. Em Cosmetics True Gloss (Lotus Blossom) just wasn’t a good color for me used on its own. I ended up mixing it with balms or gloss. The lackluster designation has more to do with the shade than the actual formula. The Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream was a little too heavy to use regularly on my face, but enjoyed it as a body cream or occasionally as an overnight mask on nights when my skin was extremely dry.

Edited to add: 

MTD = 28

YTD = 129

@itsfi I love the idea of the Supergoop spray but it's getting pretty sad reviews.  It's too bad that it isn't slightly better formulated and packaged!

@itsfi Thanks for sharing your empties! They are very neatly placed for your photos! 🥰

Time for a mid-month clean out 🗑

YTD 138

IMG_20220416_183715004.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta acetone: basic staple, cheap filler when needed

BBW Blackberries & Basil candle: perhaps the most disappointing BBW candle I've ever had 😪 It smelled incredible for the first burn, then I never caught a whiff of it again.

Huntington Home Tobacco Petals candle: Great throw, a little more petals and less tobacco than I would have liked, but overall a great candle if the scent is your jam.

Ulta Jojoba Carrier Oil: The base of my homemade cuticle oil, nothing fancy, just this plus some vitamin E oil and a little essential oil for scent. It took me roughly 2.5 years to through all of it (and technically, there's still a little in my various pens and bottles throughout the house), so it's super economical too. Just bought another bottle last week, and will mix another batch up soon!

FAB Ultra Repair Firming Collagen Cream: thicker than I normally go for, but my skin seemed to love this; it soaked right in and my face felt plumper than normal, with a bit of my orange peel texture receding a little. I seem to be transitioning from oily to normal or maybe even borderline dry skin, so figuring out new moisturizers seems to be a path I'm heading down, but so far, this is a strong contender.

Ulta Hibiscus Vanilla Aromatherapy Rollerball: a little too sweet and floral for me, so I never really used it much, and it seems to have gone rancid. Happy to have the rollerball though, will clean it out for more cuticle oil!

Urban Skin RX Retinol Rapid Repair & Dark Spot Treatment: I've used this retinol for a couple of years now and have been moderately pleased with it. I've got a few more of these minis to get through, but I'm getting that wanderlust that pops up from time to time, and will be trying a few other samples I've accumulated in the mean time, and will come back to this one if nothing else grabs my attention.

Sweet & Shimmer Lip Oil: thick and sticky, which I actually didn't mind at all for my intended purpose (as a topper over my nightly lip treatment), but the tiny applicator finally drove me to the brink of madness, so this is being tossed after only using half.

Exuviance Vitamin C Serum Capsules: My favorite vitamin C! 20% LAA in a waterless solution, packaged in individual capsules, which leads to incredible shelf stability for a vit C product. However, I recently discovered that No7 makes a near identical product at half the cost, so once I finish off the remaining jar of these in my cabinet, I'll be swapping brands for good! (seriously...both have 10 ingredients, and 9 of those are the same between the two!)

Ulta Watermelon Body Sorbet: excellent body cream. I normally hate tub packaging like this, but it actually works pretty well for this product. I can tap the tub sideways on my hand or the counter, and the product just kinda slides up the side as a solid mass, where I can scoop some right off the top without having to dig into the tub. Great moisture, soaks in well, good scent (fruity, but not overly sweet, not quite full on Jolly Rancher overload). I'm a fan! I've got the pineapple one to try at sme point, and can see myself buying more of these in the future too.

Lipstick Queen Megastar Longwear Eyeliner (dark grey): LQ eyeliners still make me giggle just a wee bit, but honestly, this has been one of my faves over the years. It applied easily, wore well, and I prefer grey to black for when I need a neutral line, so this was probably my most used eyeliner over the last 4 or so years. Sadly, it's all dried out now, but considering its age, that's not surprising.  

Kiehl's Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment: great moisture for my extra dry eye area this winter. I'm all out of samples now, and I don't think I'll need anything quite this rich over the summer, but would consider this again when the humidity disappears again next fall/winter.

IMG_20220416_183257360.jpg

Cleansing wipes: I have no idea how old the Evio ones are, or where I even got them in the first place (a sub box, I guess?), but they smell rancid, so they're getting tossed. I thought I had tossed all of these Sweet & Shimmer ones already, but recently found this pack while cleaning out my pre-pandemic gym bag (lol)...I don't like them for my face at all, but I cut them up and put them in a jar in my bathroom to use for cleaning swatches off (I need to do a massive lipstick swatch and declutter session soon, so they'll come in handy for that). The blue package is Pacifica Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes...they were fine for my lazy skincare nights, and great out in the basement fridge for cleanup after yardwork, but the coconut scent got to be a little too much for me, so I'm glad these are gone. I'd try other wipes from the brand, just not keen on coconut scents lately.

IMG_20220416_183208258.jpg

The 2021 sticky notes indicates I have finished off all of my 2021 masks. Yay, I'm caught up again! Saved the best for last for this batch, finishing the very last of my original biobelle masks; they will be sorely missed for their thin fabric, good moisture, and low scent. 

@RGbrown great job getting caught up on sheet masks!   They accumulate too easily! 

@heartsmyface 

Way too easily! I have no idea how I got so many in the first place, but I'm glad to be getting the stash down to a much more reasonable level ❣️

testing