Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

That 'work with what you have' and 'you have more than you'll ever use' mantra worked for me all year... till the Friends and Family sale then it's all been a haze of purchases.  Not all beauty, I went way overboard for my nieces this year with Christmas coming but.... ya... I totally picked up the holiday set of 4 mini LM sticks.  I mean... they're mini's right?  I seriously wear the same version of shadow pretty daily... I don't need any more shadows... I could have 10 more eyeballs and still not use everything before I'm 100.... but... pandemic shopping is therapy?

What a great set of empties @eshoe!!! I recently finished the CosRX Snail Mucin too! I liked the hydration it gave my skin, but I didn't notice any extra sliminess like you and others have experienced. I used a deluxe sample of the Charlotte Tilbury Clay Mask and really enjoyed it, but I'm not ready to pay the big bucks for the full size. The Oozoo Bear Water Bang is one of my favorite masks! It's so juicy and never lets me down. I've used the Vichy Vitamin C that comes in a bottle with a dropper and really enjoyed it. It has similar ingredients to the ampoules and doesn't require breaking any glass (which definitely kept me from trying them).  

@sephoraaddict918 Wow we share a lot of loves! The CosRx doesn’t leave my skin tacky or sticky, it’s just the application where I find strings when I pat my finger in the palm of my hand to get transfer some of the product😆

That Vichy sounds interesting, I will keep it in mind, thank you for the recommendation!

Your YTD numbers are impressive, @eshoe 😛

Thank you, @CookieGirl1. I don’t think I will be posting empties next year, this has helped me determine how much I go through which was exactly what I needed. 

@eshoe I was smiling at your empties until I saw that stupid bear. HAHA. Great job!! I'm glad you like the Tatcha better this go round. 

Ha ha you are really a good sport, @Samtian! And you know, it’s always good to re-try a so-so or fail. Sometimes your skin changes, and voila! It’s a love (or in this case, if I had a few extra $ to spend on moisturizer every few months;)

@eshoe Haha I know what you mean. I was thinking about that with my recent sheet masks issues. My skin seems to be reacting to everything now.

93CE9517-EDA0-486A-BC87-7A07C8BA3AE3.jpeg

What a beautiful empty 😍 Herbivore Pink Cloud Rosewater + Squalane Makeup Removing Face Wash 3.38 oz/ 100 mL . It’s definitely a Top 5 favorite cleanser of mine! Non-stripping, gentle, lightly moisturizing, removes light makeup, love that it has a pump, and price isn’t overly expensive. Two pumps a day (most days a week, not quite daily) lasted me about 4 months. Would happily repurchase in the future

End of November empties!

YTD 337

Notes in the spoilers!

IMG_20201129_151433866.jpg

True Loves

Spoiler
Wella FusionPlex Conditioner: I've loved the FusionPlex line for well over a year now, but have always limited myself to using up samples while I keep testing other stuff in my stash. I think I've about decided I'm tired of trying other stuff though, as nothing else has ever made my hair look as good as this does, and I may be about to bite the bullet on some full-size bottles soon. I want to test this conditioner against the Paradoxx (in the next pic) a bit more, but so far, they are about neck and neck based solely off the samples I've had.

Butter London Nail Foundation: this has been my base coat of choice for quite a while now; it evens out my ridges really well, and wears well enough for me to keep my polish on a week or so (if I make it that long before changing it lol). I've got one more in my stash, but sadly, Ulta has stopped carrying it, and I'm not sure I'm up for spending $18 on a bottle with real money elsewhere, so I'll be branching out to try a few other ridge fillers soon. May comeback to it though if I don't find an acceptable sub.

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil: I keep trying other oils, and always come back to this one as the best for my oily skin. It really does help control oil-production, and this one seems to help keep hormonal breakouts to a minimum as well. I've got a mini in my stash, and will be buying a new bottle shortly as well.

Bumble Pret-a-Powder Dry Shampoo: one of my faves

Zoya Remove+: the best remover for taking polish off quickly without drying my fingers. I will always have this on hand!

IMG_20201129_151808572.jpg

Likes & Nopes

Spoiler
: I use this for the niacinamide, and like it just fine. When I need to buy something, it'll be the ELF Hydrating Essence, but I'm perfectly content using any samples of this I happen to get my hands on in the mean time.

We Are Paradoxx Secret Weapon Conditioner: oops, this should have been in the true love pic! This does some magical juju on my hair that is simply amazing. Works great on my oily roots without weighing them down, and works equally well at taming my dry, frizzy ends in a way that only one other product has (FusionPlex, in the above pic)! 

Tigi Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo: perfectly fine. It works well without too much white stuff, and isn't gritty or sticky. Citrus scent that I find pleasing as well.

Herbivore Emerald Oil (gratis): more often than not, this just felt a touch heavy for me, especially in the warmer months. I set it aside to finish it off this winter, and when I pulled it back out, I discovered it had turned 😞

Burt's Bees Lip Balm (Pomegranate): basic staple I keep on hand

Commodity Mimosa: warm, sweet, comforting. Made a lovely pillow mist.

Kate Blanc Vitamin E Oil, Earthly Body Miracle Oil, Ulta Lemon Essential Oil, Perfect Formula Daily Moisture Oil: I mixed up a new batch of cuticle oil last week, and these all got dumped into the bottle with some jojoba oil.

NOPES
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (Deep Green): the mascara itself is ok, but it's perfumed, and I'm not down with florally mascaras. Also, the green may as well be black; it's nearly impossible to tell the difference.

Burt's Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm (pineapple): ok as a balm, but the "flavor crystals" are just an odd addition. Gritty, but not like a scrub...just weird.

Commodity Wool: I expected something warm and comforting, but instead got a perfumey laundry detergent scent; a mix of knock-off Tide and flowers. Yuck.

Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Spray: I wanted to love this, but the scent is overwhelmingly loud floral. I powered through about 90% of the bottle, but I just can't anymore.

Hask Biotin Thickening Dry Shampoo: not crunchy or stiff, as I had feared, but extremely gritty. 

IMG_20201129_152016749.jpg

Sheet masks. These are all fine; I'm finally trying to get back on track with finishing off what is a surprisingly large stash for someone that doesn't really care for sheet masks lol. No complaints about any of these.

I've always wondered about the B&B dry shampoo @RGbrown thanks for the post... I'll have to add it to my loves to try out. 

@missjeanie 

It is fantastic! Extremely low on the white-residue scale (and what is there shakes/brushes out easily), and the scent is, hmmm, how to describe it? Dry/fresh? It's not sweet or floral, just light, maybe slightly woody. It's not gritty or stiff or sticky; it gives a hint of volume while managing to stay true to the Invisible name. I'm allergic to $29 for the full size can because I go through dry shampoo relatively quickly (I use it almost every day, sigh), but I hoard every sample I can get my grubby hands on 😂

I also really like the Bumble loose dry shampoo, and I have and will continue to buy it. Aerosols are just so much easier though!

I go in phases with my dry shampoos, some months I go through tons using it every other day, and then I can also go months without using it @RGbrown .  So far the Amika is my favourite, but the Batiste is also a go to due to pricing.  I'm dark haired so I like that this one doesn't leave you a ton of white cast.  I just added it to my loves list to test out some time.  I've tried the B&B shaker style and I think that delivery method just wasn't for me.  You're bang on about aerosols being so much easier. 

@missjeanie 

Alterna has a loose powder dry shampoo that comes in a pump bottle; it's much easier to use than the Bumble shaker! Not perfect, but better. I just keep refilling it with my Bumble now lol (though the Alterna was nice too...I just happened to run across better deals on Bumble when I was re-upping my loose powder). I'm really trying to cut back on the alcohol I put in my hair, which is why I keep a loose one on hand too; I try my best to remember to alternate them each night.

Nice empties @RGbrown!! I totally agree the Zoya Remove+ is the best nail polish remover I've ever used. I no longer use anything else! It's been a while since I've used the Soap & Glory Moisture Mask, but I think I liked it. Most sheet masks aren't that memorable to me, and as long as they are hydrating, I am usually satisfied. 

@sephoraaddict918 

The S&G mask is a two piece hydrogel, and if I enjoyed sheet masks more than I do, it would be a repurchase for me. It does give nice hydration!

@RGbrown Okay, then.  Let me go take that Mad Hippie mist out of my wishlist.  lol

Thanks for the write-ups, as usual.  They are very helpful!!

@tinobiscuits 

That Mad Hippie broke my heart 💔 It's a fantastic product otherwise, and I'd continue buying it for eternity if it didn't smell like a whole sanctuary packed to the brim with dying flowers 😥

6CEEB90F-6C2B-4074-A2DD-43C7F584E4DC.jpeg

 Loves

3285EC6B-A149-4CA3-8741-F9534EF7D675.jpegIlia mascara is 👍👍. Rest are okay. 

6B26A560-53FA-45AF-B7E7-07350E7CC93B.jpeg

Lots of nice empties @jen81! I used the Pixi Milky Mist a few months ago, and I felt meh about it. I liked the fine mist, but I didn't like the scent. It smelled too floral to me. 

I’m at 217 empties for the year! 

testing