Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Empties

Probably my last empties post for 2018 🤗 Everything in the picture has been repurchased at least once or several times except loccitane body wash, Cover fx primer and Bobbi Brown eye cream

Here are my empties from the last month. This is my sixth or seventh re-buy of the Luna Sleeping Oil by Sunday Riley. Love it. And the smell of Blue Tansy doesn’t hurt either! Loved the brow powder by Benefit! It’s on my to-buy list. Love the Fresh soy face cleanser. It’s one of my staples. Love the KVD setting spray. Took this mini on a trip with me. It’s also one of my staples. Love the Kevyn Aucoin celestial skin liquid lighting. I mix it with my foundation. Love the Kale and green tea spinach vitamins face wash by Youth to the People. Will buy this next. Everything else was pretty unmemorable.

Re: Empties

empties 12-18.jpg
Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultimate Strength Hand Salve 5 oz/ 150 mLThis is the best hand cream out there, period.  I prefer it to the L'OCCITANE - Hand CreamsShea Butter by a hair.

L'Occitane Cleansing And Softening Refillable Shower Oil With Almond Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mLT
he smell is a bit strong and I don't like that it doesn't foam up much. Kiehl's has a similar product, but it gets nice and foamy even with the oil.  This was my last of that hated Cherry Blossom scent--yay!  

The Crabtree & Evelyn soap was a hotel soap--I like the scent and the creaminess, so I bring them home to use as hand soap, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

Kiehl's Since 1851 Daily Reviving Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 mlIs a nice face oil.  I mostly use it for my neck and chest area.  I'll buy it again, but right now have some other oils to use up first.

The two setting powders are Laura Mercier and Hourglass.  They were both OK, I'm still looking for my unicorn in a setting powder.

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate It took a couple of months, but I really saw noticeable difference in the fine lines on my forehead when I began using this under a face cream every other night, alternating with a mask.  I haven't replaced it yet as I have a couple of similar product samples from other manufacturers to try first, but it will likely become and staple in my routine.

I really liked both of the Kiehl's Masks, and will definitely repurchase the Kiehl's Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask 4.2 oz/ 125 mL.  It goes on so creamy and  leaves my skin supple and bursting with moisture.

The RITA HAZAN - True Color Shampooand Conditioner were both fine, but nothing I'm running out to buy.  There are better products for my hair on the market.

The Oribe Body Wash I'll never spend the money on.  It's nice and creamy but you need a lot of it and I don't see a positive quality to price ratio there.

The Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml
is one of my favorite things.  I love the calming smell, I use it on my face, cuticles, neck and chest.  I put a tiny bit under my nose when I fly, I use it on chapped skin, it's really soothing if you have a cold and your nose is raw.  A bottle lasts forever (the little sample with the broken dropper I ended up draining into my big bottle).

The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery and Daily Reviving Concentrates are staples in my skincare routine! 

I love the Kiehl’s Concentrate too, @flamingolegs. Very soothing and it really keeps my skin hydrated through the night!

november empties....close to the end of December.... and i'm way to lazy to write actual thoughts about anything...so if there is something someone wants to hear about let me know!

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.36.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.35.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.35.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.34.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.34.47 PM.png

makeup

would repurchase

• Clinique stay matte oil free makeup
  • it cosmetics cc+
  • mac strobe cream
  • becca backlight priming filter
  • jouer aluminizing moisture tint
  • mac mineralize skin finish in soft & gentle
  • too faced marshmallow bunny
  • hourglass ambient lighting palette

would use again

• mac fix + coconut
  • colour pop supers hock cheek in aphrodisiac
  • physicians formula butter bronzer
  • colourpop super shock shadows (half light, new magic, sunbeam, acorn, static)
  • lancome color design infinite 24 hour eyeshadow in perpetual pink
  • bite opal
  • too faced melted violet
  • too faced glitter glue
  • clinique beyond perfecting foundation & concealer
  • make up for ever ultra hd
  • colorpop super shock cheek in aphrodisiac
  • the balm frat boy
  • the balm pin stripe
  • cargo windsor
  • bite agave lip balm & scrub
  • beck shimmering skin perfector in opal
  • taste rainforest after dark
  • it cosmetics superhero
  • maybelline lash sensational
  • sephora collection lashcarft
  • jeffreye star velour lip scrub

no

• joker essential high coverage foundation
  • mars pure radiant tinted moisturizer
  • bite jam
  • lancome champagne
  • sephora collection #16
  • make up for ever aquamatic eyeshadow in diamond light turquoise

skincare  

would repurchase

• lancome bifacil

would use again

• fab ultra repair cream
  • clinique pep start hydroblur moisturizer
  • consonant the mask
  • kiehl’s ultra facial cream
  • south mane beauty eye gels
  • embryolisse lait creme concentrate

haircare

would repurchase

• devacurl super cream coconut curl styler

would use again

• igk rich kid coconut oil gel

bodycare 

would repurchase

•   palmers coconut oil body lotion
  • nivea intensive nourishment
  • glysomed eczema cream

other

would repurchase

•   cinema secrets makeup brush cleaner
  • onyx professional professional remover strawberry

What didn’t you like about Bite Jam? Was the colour not right for you or something else? @sparklekai

i actually found it patchy and hard to apply evenly.  it could have been that i had it past its prime!

@sparklekaiOoh rainforest after dark! Mine was stolen a long time ago. Did you pan them all?!

@Samtian i actually had a bit of 2 shadows left but i repressed them in my chocolate bar palette!  sorry to hear your went missing 😞

Empties

Traaaash 🗑🗑🗑

Another batch o' trash 😁

Notes in the spoilers

YeeesssYeeesss

Spoiler
Ulta Merry Berry Spice Candle: I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The reviews aren't that great, but I needed a filler and couldn't find anything else I wanted or was willing to store. The spiced scent really traveled well while burning, and the wax burned all the way down evenly. I have a vanilla one as well, and the scent in that tin seems much softer...I don't expect it to have as much throw, but this Berry Spice is A+ to me.

Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Dry Shampoo: omg, i'm sad I haven't tried this one yet in my never-ending quest for my HG dry shampoo...pretty sure I just found it! The scent is hard to describe, at least for me, but it's a little floral with (something earthy? woody? not sure exactly what) mixed in. It's not my favorite scent in the whole wide world, but it's light enough and transient enough that I don't mind it. Absolutely zero texture, no white stuff left behind, and it doesn't take much (I got three uses per can, which seems pretty good for such a tiny sample). I'm not a fan of the cost, and I have a ton of others to get through before I allow myself to buy more, but this will definitely be on my deal radar so I can grab some at some point.

PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: a staple with a continual presence in my routine. Love the scrubbies, love the scent, love how it makes my skin look and feel.

Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask: The packet was big enough that I got one full use and still had a bit leftover. It was nice the first time, but I really don't recall it being all that stellar. The second time...I mixed the leftovers with a bit of my TXTR Leave-Inc, and OMG. My hair was soft, silky, and completely frizz-free for all 3 days between washings, without being limp or greasy or weighed-down. Normally frizz creeps in on day 2 and becomes full-blown pouf instead of volume on day 3, but not with this combo. I have another packet to try so I can see if it's a reliable combo, and I've got my fingers crossed. It's funny how neither the Rahua nor the TXTR stand out on their own for me, but something about this combo seemed like magic.

Fair to middlin'Fair to middlin'

Spoiler
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bod Buff: Unlike many, I'm not a huge fan of the SDJ signature scent...it's ok, but I find it to be a bit too sweet for my taste, and because of that, I don't really like the cream at all. In a wash-off product though, it's not too bad. This was a nice scrub (I never used it as a mask...seems like you'd run through it awfully quick that way). The tube is awkward in the shower, especially once it starts getting low...slippery wet hands make it hard to manipulate and squeeze,  especially once you're in the "trying to make origami out of it" phase to get the last bits out lol...though truth be told, I'm not sure what else it would work in...it's too thick for a pump, and tubs are less than ideal. I do like it being clay based...no slippery shower floor. It's also not nearly as messy as many can be. All in all...I'd use more, but I doubt I'd buy it...I have too many others in my cabinet that I like just as well, and I like the price of others in my stash better.

AHAVA Mineral Mud Clearing Facial Mask: The first time I used a sample of this, it stung my face like crazy. And this will sound nuts, but that was a bit intriguing to me...next to nothing burns or tingles or stings my face. Masks that warm or cool? I usually get no sensation. Something claims to be tingly? Not to me. It's almost like my face is the complete opposite of sensitive. In any case, I took this off pretty quickly the first time, as the stinging went from pleasant to not pleasant in just a couple of minutes, and after all, that sort of sensation is generally bad for your skin anyways. I've been holding on to this sample for several months now, both anticipating and dreading it, but finally got to it last week. Not a bit of burning or tingling, and it's a fun light blue, and it was easy to remove, and it made my skin feel good. So now I dunno what to think about which test was more accurate lol. I liked it this time, but I still have to wonder about my first use...would love more packets to try before deciding if this goes on my buy list or not.

Paul Mitchell Spring Loaded Conditioner: I dunno why I try hair stuff I only have one packet of...it's nowhere near enough uses to actually get an idea of how it works over time. I liked it fine, but I've had plenty of conditioners turn from yes to no after 3-4 uses. Would need more testing, and I have plenty of others lined up for now.

FAB Coconut Water Cream: this was nice, perhaps a bit too thin for winter usage, but would be an excellent summer moisturizer for normal to oily folks

Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb: similar to FAB Coconut Cream for me...nice but a bit too thin. Had to slather this on pretty generously. Would use more, but I don't think it would be a cost-effective purchase for me

Not for meNot for me

Spoiler
Patchology Just Let It Glow sheet mask: the serum was fun to look at (it's iridescent 😄 ), but the fit was awful, and even after what felt like a thousand adjustments, it kept slipping and sliding around. Meh.

Sebastian Dry Clean Only: the scent seems to be floral + sweet + woody, maybe rose and honeysuckle and cedar? The sweet/floral killed it for me, even though I loved the woody undertone. This one also leaves behind quite a bit of texture...after three days, I couldn't run my fingers through my roots at all, even with light usage. It's great if you like added texture, but I don't. White stuff was minimal, and was easy to shake out. While it's not for me, it seemed to be a good one if you want product feel.

Philosophy Sparkling Cranberry shower gel: lathers great in the beginning, but disappears quickly...I'd have to reload my poufy at least once, if not twice, every shower. Finally got frustrated and tossed it out of the shower (and I decluttered quite a few other Philosophy shower gels...must reduce the massive stash one way or another lol, and I have too many body washes that I love to waste time on ones that annoy me).

This week! All 3 sheet masks were amazing!! My skin is so hydrated and ready for mass Holiday parties this weekend! The Ceramic Slip was a bit of a disappointment. I was all hyped up cause it was Sunday Riley, but honestly, it’s just a face cleanser. Did it’s job, but no better than the others. The Bridges blow dry Perfection creme is bomb! Knockout Tingling Treatment is HG for me. The Prep Rally detangler is a HG for my 10 year old daughter!!!

October & November empties! * = I would repurchase (or have), no star = good/okay, strikeout = not for me! Some products that really stuck out were elite acne dots which I already repurchased from $5 below, they dried out or actually pulled a lot to the surface for a great price point. I love mascara melt off and will continue to use, same with lush I love the bath bombs/shower smoothies! No7 glow activating serum was surprising nice as I was unsure of the brand/price point when I first saw it but I already repurchased that serum too! OH truth serum I will continue to happily use when I receive samples but I haven’t repurchased yet as I’m still comparing others... a really fun and beautiful makeup product I would repurchase is the cover fx shimmer veil loved it on lips and lids! Enjoy the end of the year emptying all!❤️💚

Empties

My November empties were skimpy. Two fails and one meh products were the Bath and Body Works mask (it burned), Milani lipstick remover (clogged halfway in usage) and Sephora bi-phase eye and lip remover (perfer the blue eye makeup remover). The rest are loves and repurchase products.

Wow you finished one of the Bite lip mask minis @IndyQT317! That’s impressive😁

Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size...

Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size are the challenge. lol

Re: Those are the ones I can finish @eshoe. The regular size...

Spnetiems it’s just a challenge to get product out, @IndyQT317! I want to use it, but then I give up and go for the Laneige jar of low-lying-fruit;)

Always repurchasing the cerave facia cleanser and garnier micellar water. Would buy the body shop tea tree facial wash just for cleaning my brushes. I am very sad that the eucerin toner was discontinued 😞 I already have a few fab facial radiance pads as back ups. And once again, very sad that the body shop loose powder was discontinued 😞

Weekly empties! The sheet masks were amazing! Both are on my new favorites list. The dry shampoo is a Holy Grail. I use 1 can a week!!

Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how th...

Have you used Drybar detox @KrishAtl? just curious how the 2 compare?.
4 Replies
testing