Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great to hear some feedback on those PINK masks! I keep seeing them everywhere and always wonder if they are worth it or not. Thanks for the info! 🙂 @angel7594

Hi @angel7594,

There's something satisfying about seeing a picture of empty sheet masks because it shows you're being consistent with your skincare routine. I have lots of unused face masks at home and this is the inspiration I need.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Time to clear out some more trash!Loves and staplesLoves and staples

Spoiler
Ulta cotton rounds: nothing fancy, they just get the job done. 

Patchology fool peel: the serum for these is quite thin, almost water-like. Peeling started at day 7 for me (tonymoly took 9 days), and while I still have some going on on the tops of my feet, it's just about done (this is day 15). Results are better than tonymoly was for me so far. Tonymoly mostly just flaked, and I missed out on some fun peeling sessions, but I've had plenty of nice peeling chunks with this one 😋 Valuable lesson though: don't prop your feet up too far. My ottoman is the same height as my sofa, and once I sink down, my feet are slightly higher than my hips. Thin serum = puddle on ottoman, and my ankles are peeling well above my sock line (the booties for these are fairly tall). Sigh.

BBW body wash: love as always. I also accidentally recycled 3 or 4 more travel bottles over the last few weeks before taking pics, so oops

Hairfood dry shampoo: still a surprising love. It doesn't take much, and the white powder is minimal (and what is there disappears quickly and easily). It also gives a touch of volume with minimal product feel...it doesn't make my hair crunchy or stiff or sticky. The scent is a tad sweet, but it doesn't linger long.

Paula's Choice Clear BHA: staple, though I'm considering moving up to 4% when I finish off the two travel bottles I have. This has been a godsend for most of my face, but my chin is being quite the petulant child and doesn't want to fully clear up.

Belif Aqua Bomb: the more I use it, the more I like it. Excellent summer moisturizer...not too heavy, mixes with my oil, no heavy scent. Checks all my boxes. Still gonna work through other samples, and the weather will be changing shortly, but am keeping it in mind for next summer.

Burt's Bees lip balm: staple

Liked fineLiked fine

Spoiler
R+Co dry shampoo: smells great, no white stuff at all, no product feel. But I feel like I have to go a bit heavy with it for best results...it's too pricy for that. It came so close to HG status (but I'm kinda glad it missed the mark a bit lol)

Yes to Tomatoes mud mask: finally tried my non-dried-out sample, and it's a pretty nice mask! Dries down, but it's a soft, almost rubbery feel when it does. The rubbery texture gums up my rag a bit when removing, making it slightly more difficult to get off than others, but all in all, I enjoyed it.

R+Co Television Perfect shampoo: I hate having just one packet and normally save them up until I have a few, then squeeze them all into a small bottle. But since I don't do all that much shopping at places that carry R+Co, I figured I should go ahead and knock this out. The shampoo was nice but would need more uses to really get a feel for it. The conditioner was...empty...

FAB Ultra Repair Cream, pink grapefruit: love the scent, and it makes a nice hand cream 

South Mane Under Eye Gels: fine, not much special. 

Butter London Glazen Face Glow: fun! Suggested uses include mixing with your moisturizer for full face glow, but I found it too pink for me. Much preferred it just as a highlighter.

Freeman pomegranate sheet mask: probably should have put this in loves, surprisingly. Fit super well, and more importantly, to me at least, it stayed in place. So many bunch up or shift around, especially around the mouth, but this one stayed put perfectly. I poked around Ulta's site but it seems they don't carry it anymore, so I made a trip to my Rite Aid (it's one of the many closing stores) to see if they had any; they had *one* left on a different variety, so I grabbed it. Will have to see if I find them elsewhere in my errands so I can get more at some point.

Biobelle Dreamskin sheet mask: the results weren't quite as impressive as the Decadence one I tried before, but I still love the fit and staying power of the brand.

Boscia Wakame Firming Hydrogel mask: the very definition of slippery little sucker lol. Once it dried out a bit, it stuck well, but by the time that happened, I had readjusted it multiple times, and it still managed to be out of place. Nice results...not bad for $1 at tjmaxx, but wouldn't go out of my way to buy again.

MehMeh

Spoiler
Creme Shop Hyaluronic Acid sheet mask: floral bomb, poor fit, and meh results

Leaders Tea Tree Renewal Mask: I agonized over which group to include this in; I really don't remember much about it. I decided since it wasn't memorable, it must not have been anything special lol

Dove dry shampoo: too perfumey, a bit heavy on the white residue

@rgbrown I love reading your Empties posts; you write the...

@RGbrown I love reading your Empties posts; you write the best reviews 🙂

Re: @rgbrown I love reading your Empties posts; you write the...

@CookieGirl1Unidentified

Aw shucks, thanks so much 😊

Yo... for real though... my boyfriend has Sasquatch feet and I have been looking around for a good foot mask to blast the nasty, dirty skin right off those suckers! I might have to look in to Patchology now... hmm... 😉 @RGbrown

@SchylarRUnidentified

I have heard that Babyfoot is the best, but at $25, I haven't had the nerve to plunk down that kind of change just yet lol. I started with the cheap tonymoly, and it wasn't half bad, but I do think this one has done a better job. One of these days I'll spring for Babyfoot so I have a great comparison among brands, but I'm pretty content to play around with cheaper ones in the mean time 😁

Holy moly I had no idea it was that expensive for Babyfoot!!! I think I just had a mini heart attack lol! @RGbrown

@SchylarRUnidentified

Frankly, patchology isn't too terribly far behind at $20 (or 2/$35). But if you do any ulta shopping, watch for deals...I picked this set up for $17.50 during a saleFoot peel, sheet mask, lip gel, eye gels!Foot peel, sheet mask, lip gel, eye gels!

Daaaaaang!!! Nice!!! I will definitely keep a look out! Thanks for the info! 🙂 @RGbrown

Not many empties in the picture since I was traveling. I used a ton of foils though but forgot to take a picture 🙃

46FF23B2-F348-427D-9DA8-4E36EF7309D5.jpeg

@scott1201 How was the Collagen mask? 

I don’t think I saw that Collagen mask on the mask challenge, @scott1201-curious what you thought of it. Hi liked the honey 🍯 one and thought about picking that one up as well.

Shew, things get buried so fast in the masking thread! I’ve spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out how to link to a post - but right now it’s on page 18 if the thread. If you’re too lazy to read, I liked t 😉 @eshoe @keana1

Ugh, that’s where we are hoping the spreadsheet helps, @scott1201😣 I don’t understand why the search function struggles to direct me to the post I am searching for, theoretically the spreadsheet will be a shortcut of sorts. I can’t figure out how to link a post, or embed a gif, and if I am lucky enough to get this far I better post now otherwise I will accidentally delete it😂

How to link a post!

-Find it first (usually the hardest part lol 😋)

-Click the three grey dots I'm the bottom right corner

-Select "permalink"

-Wait for the page to refresh...the link in your url bar will now be a direct link to the post

-Copy and paste wherever you need it 😁

(Page numbers are somewhat irrelevant, as folks can change the posts per page in their settings...and it's one of the few features that actually works lol)

@scott1201

Taking a screenshot now, 🙌🏼💕💄💕🙌🏼@RGbrown and this is why you are a Boss.

Thank you, @RGbrown!!! So annoying to try and figure it out with no luck. You the real mvp 🤗

Last week empties! Loved all of these products, most of them are my ride or die (Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream, Fresh Rose Face Mask, Boscia Luminizing Black Mask and Briogeo shampoo).

It was my first time trying the Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask and the Wander Beauty undereye patches (i got in my Boxycharm this month). Still need to try the eye patches, but they did brightened quite a bit. I though the Glow Recipe face mask would be too harsh for my sensitive skin, but it made my skin super glowy and i would consider buying full size!

The Prelab face mask was a disaster, it had way too much serum in it for my likings and didn't made any difference on my skin. I had bought it a while ago at Urban Outfitters and i think they don't even sell this brand anymore.0FBBD9DC-2DFF-4125-9EA3-F00B8ABF76A4.jpeg

@ellem24 what is Bum Bum cream for? I keep hearing that e...

@ellem24 what is Bum Bum cream for? I keep hearing that everyone loves it but don't totally know what it is haha. Is it just a body cream?

Ooo @ellem24 pistachio-caramel does sound amazing! Thanks...

Ooo @ellem24 pistachio-caramel does sound amazing! Thanks for telling more about it, sounds like it will be good for my upcoming vacation!
1 Reply
testing