Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: good to know! @angel7594. thanks for the info! any favori...

My favorite is the blueberry jam, I hope they still carry it. I remember the SA saying they were getting different ones in, so not sure if the ones I got are being discontinued. I got the mermaid one at Bath and Body Works- it is nice and they have a lot of others too. 😊

@sonnydee

I've been wondering about the vs face masks @angel7594. s...

I've been wondering about the vs face masks @angel7594. so they're pretty good?

Re: I've been wondering about the vs face masks @angel7594. s...

@sonnydee, yes the VS masks are great! I need to go back and stock up. 😊

Re: Empties

My empties bag is full, so time for trash clean out. 

Enjoyed everything except the gold mask - the shaving creme is actually my HG because it’s the only one that keeps razor burn at bay for my sensitive skin.

0A137006-AA41-4A55-9D2E-A00713E10B29.jpeg

D0DDA56A-DAB2-4370-B967-EE9614DAC1D0.jpeg

Empties for the Week

Loves:

This A'PIEAU Strawberry Milk mask is everything!!This A'PIEAU Strawberry Milk mask is everything!!

Spoiler
The best new one out of the bunch was the A'PIEAU Strawberry Milk Sheet mask. Amazing scent, a very delightful mask - looking to buy this one in bulk 😉 The Nars Rikugien is part of my 10/10/10 I think....which would be great as I am certainly not panning my Tarte Palette! The pod is Josie Maran's Vanilla Apricot Whipped Mud mask. This is a gentle clay mask that is exfoliating as well. I love it but have to back off the exfoliating for a bit. Hope to repurchase. The Biobelle mask wasn't the best fit and had a grape cough-syrup smell, but I woke up to great results, sooooooo....who knows. I like the results!

Good, may repurchase:

IMG_0234.jpg

Spoiler
No:hj masks are 1:2 for me now, the Chrysanthemum one was the best. This isn't bad, but not spectacular, either - a little disappointed as the serum was quite nice. I think the SkinInc needs a longer trial period to see any noticeable results; there was a strong scent of alcohol which I didn't care for, though it is 7th on the list of ingredients. I probably won't try this again for that reason, unfortunately. The Lancôme was the first lash primer I have ever tried, and I was very impressed with the results. I love it, but I am happy enough with my Lash Boss mascara that I don't need it.

Not again:

All new to meAll new to me

Spoiler
These were all new, and none of them were great. Decluttering the feel harmony mask due to the lack of results and chemical scent.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser - I absolutely love this facial cleanser.  It's is great for sensitive combo/oily skin.  At night I first melt my makeup with jojoba oil and then I wash it off with this.  It cleans my face without stripping it from moisture.  And the best part of it is that it's only $15 for 13.52 oz and it lasted me about a year.  You can't beat that. Another one that's comparable in terms of how it cleans your skin and how your skin feels after using it but a lot more expensive is Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser.  I received a deluxe sample of it and really like it but that's $38 for 8 oz.  I'm headed to the store to repurchase.

L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover - It does the job of removing my mascara or eyeliner whenever I use it.  I don't use mascara or eyeliner on a regular basis so this bottle lasts me quite a while.  I switch between this one and the Neutrogena one, I just buy whatever is available at the store at the moment and just make sure that it's safe for contact lense wears since I use them.

RevitaLash - This stuff works like magic.  I posted on a separate thread about it with pics of my results and it's pretty amazing.  I find that this one for me gives me more length than what I'm currently using (Grande Lash Serum - although this one seems to give me more volume?).  It's quite pricey but the tube lasted me several months.  I also use it on my eyebrows and my eyebrows are definitely fuller since I started using this.  Highly recommend it.  Another option that's more economical would be RapidLash (this one worked for me initially and then after about a year it stopped working so that's when I switched to RevitaLash).  Once I finish the Grande Lash Serum I will go back to RapidLash (I have a backup I had purchased) and see if it works for me again since it's been a while since I used it.

IMG_6192.JPG

1st half of August empties

The Good:

The Repurchase GangThe Repurchase Gang

Spoiler
I love these products! Most are already repurchases and will again be purchased in the future... at least if they can be. Sadly, the Moistfull Booskin toner by Dear Enprani is discontinued and that's just so unfortunate. The Clinique Acne Gel is an amazing spot treatment- it can reduce size and redness of pimples overnight for most of my blemishes. The Benton Steam Cream is one of my favorite moisturizers as it works really well with my dehydrated skin. The Julep item is their eyeshadow stick, which I love and have most of the colors of. The only downside I've found is that towards the end, some of them loosen in the tube and the shadow part can fall out if you aren't careful. But they are very pigmented and blendable, so it's worth it. And of course, love the Tosowoong masks and the Shiseido cottons!

The Meh:

Just okJust ok

Spoiler
They weren't bad, but they weren't great either. I mean, sure I'd use a freebie again, but I won't go out of my way to repurchase these. The Illi, Dr. Jart, and Skin79 masks are all ok, just not particularly wowing. The It's a 10 leave in conditioner was ok, but it's not my personal favorite. With the Bumble&Bumble hair primer, I just didn't see a ton of difference between when I used it and when I didn't. 

The Bad:

No GosNo Gos

Spoiler
Nope. Nope. Nope. Not even interested in trying another sample. The Dr. Jart mask was just a terrible fit and I couldn't leave it on long enough to see if it would even do anything helpful for my skin. The Ole Henriksen Oil Control Cleanser was one of my least favorite products I've tried recently. To be honest, it was mostly because of the smell. I just could not get past that scent. It did at least seem to rinse cleanly and left my skin relatively soft, but I'm not sure that it contributed much to controlling oil. 

Ahhhh I love Moistfull Booskin! Why does everything good have to go away? 😉

You reviewed that Propolis on the masking thread I believe - it sounds like a great one! I didn’t care for that It’s a 10, either, and I’m with you in the Dr. Jart masks that I’ve tried-nothing wowing. Thanks for sharing these, it’s so interesting to see everyone’s empties😆

I think I did review that one, @eshoe Your memory is better than mine, haha! I do love most of Tosowoongs masks. They just seem to work really well with my skin. 

You caught me on a good day, @quspork😂

Briogeo Don't Despair Repair - I didn't really notice a big difference between this one and the regular Briogeo Rosarco Conditioner.  Not sure I'll repurchase.

Revlon Color Stay Brow Pencil - When I first started using it, I really didn't like it as it's a thicker pencil and not very precise.  At the time, my brows were a little more sparse, so it didn't really work well for me.  I put it aside for a few months and then picked it back up recently as my other brow pencil was starting to run out and I thought I'd give it another try.  My brows now are a little fuller and I find that this is the perfect no frills brow pencil if you don't have the time to do your brows but want a little more coverage in them.  So, lately I've been really enjoying using it as it definitely gives my brows more coverage and it gives a more natural look to my brows since I'm not outlining them.  So, if you're brows are not very sparse and you want a more natural filled in look that doesn't take much time or effort, then this is a good option and also fairly economical since it's drug store compared to the high end ones.

IMG_6190.JPG

Sorry for posting this separately but my screen started acting funny and didn’t want to lose what I had already written.19240A17-6E0A-4943-B727-2C40DB34D668.jpeg

Spoiler
I started checking ingredients and had an old ABH sample that listed parabens (3 different types). I did not think they would be in the current formula as it seems most companies have stopped using them. Unfortunately they are still there, so I am throwing this one out. When I looked through other popular brands I was surprised to see parabens are in most eyebrow powders. So for now, the UD will have to do for everyday as they don’t have them as an ingredient. Very disappointed 😔.

Empties for the week:

❤️FFA61515-1D03-4105-B2B8-F748A9D89D64.jpeg

Spoiler
The When and Leaders masks are so good. Best-fitting and most comfortable due to the bio-cellulose and gel materials. The DDG peel was new, have repurchased a small box to see how they work in the long run. Already have backups for the Julep Cushion Complexion one, and Korres 2 step facial and yoghurt cleanser, which is so gentle on my dry skin. I always seem to enjoy out of the 2nd step before the 1st on that Korres, even though there is more of this product than step 1. Minor annoyance 🙄.

Pretty good, overall
D4A7FDD2-A397-4AB6-91C6-F44745435948.jpeg

Spoiler
The masks are both nice, solid options for everyday. I liked the l’Occitane, the scent is a very warm, spicy one which I like. I have a couple more of these samples to use up which I am happy about. I just opened my backup of the UD browbox, I like this a lot for when I don’t do a full face of makeup, it has a great mini tweezers. I may or may not repurchase as it takes me awhile to get through one of these, however as I won’t be using my ABH powder anymore, it may be sooner.

I used that peach mask this week too!  It had a great peachy scent.  

@eshoe How was the broccoli mask fragrance?? 🥦 😅

It did not have even the slightest veggie scent, @PinkEvergreen😆! It was actually a great mask, if the packaging doesn’t deter you lol!

Briogeo Shampoo and Conditioner - absolutely love these products.  If you're looking for a silicone, SLS and paraben free shampoo and conditioner this is it!

Briogeo Rosarco Milk - I have very dry hair and this is a great leave-in conditioner.

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Hippie Beach - I'm a huge fan of these.  The smell was OK, I wouldn't repurchase that scent.  This is great for people who have very dry skin

IMG_6185.JPG

@b3autygrl I love how you cut the bottle!

@b3autygrl I love how you cut the bottle!

@b3autygrl Haha, I love seeing other people cutting open containers, too 😁

The spatula end of the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Face Mask Applicator is sooo good for accessing the bottom of any container 😉

I agree with you on you Josie Maran assessment-i have very dry skin and ❤️ her whipped Argan oil. BUT, and it’s a huge but...need to use up fast and enjoy the scent bc it goes bad quickly I’ve noticed. 

testing