Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

trash trash trash

PhotoGrid_1529787635782.png

Spoiler

I've been using some of the other Korres black pine things, but hadn't tried the serum until now... dunno about efficacy but based on the rest I'd be willing to try a full size.

The Pyunkang Yul essence has been great. I timed my reorder poorly and am already missing it.

Finished my second mini of the Clinique and have moved on to a full size. Kinda basic but it's a really good defining mascara for me.

I like all the Sephora masks but the algae ones are a little more... something than the others so I use freebies but don't actually buy them. Vaguely tingly? Dunno, but I like the others more.

I like the TO hyaluronic serum and have a stash of bottles when Sephora was still carrying it, but I'm not planning to restock when I finally run out because all the drama has annoyed me.

Nice Trash @fieldsofclover (said no one ever!). To replace TO Hyaluronic try the Hada Labo Gokujyun. It actually works out cheaper then TO and in some ways I think I might prefer it. Its a Japanese old school drugstore brand but ssooo good. I've tried 'Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist' and the 'Hada Labo Gokujyun PREMIUM Hyaluronic Acid Super Moist Lotion' and recommend them both. The first has 3 different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid and the second has 5.

@Aaliaa oh, nice, I've been seeing that in other people's hauls and wondering about it! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check the Japanese supermarket here and see if I can just pick one up easily.

@fieldsofclover

Another option if you're checking out tjmaxx/Marshall's at any time. They have Valjean Labs 2oz bottles for $5.99; their regular price is $15 at (Anthropologie, I think?). They've got 5 or 6 different serums that mimic TO, and hyaluronic is one of them. I've seen it at my stores here multiple times over the last few months, and it has been restocked pretty regularly. 

Started keeping my empties finally! I’m only keeping them in a leftover makeup bag, so it doesn’t hold too much. Here are my empties for the past week:

9F98BC8A-1695-4398-A5BE-1FCC3E570068.jpeg

Liked everything except the mascara and Lancôme Moisturizer. The Stila mascara smudged on me and I’ve never had that happen with a mascara before. The moisturizer was VERY scented and not only stung very badly but broke me out in the more sensitive areas of my face. 

@scott1201 Great job getting through empties and great job masking! 

I’d have to agree with you and  @bakeamuffin - that UD Setting Spray is definitely the bees knees! 🐝👌

RE: Re: Empties

@scott1201 WOW ! You’ve been seriously masking the past week! Which was the best mask you used?

Re: RE: Re: Empties

Hmmm I enjoyed most, @keana1! Love all the sheet masks - especially The Creme Shop 🙂

Excellent @scott1201! That all nighters setting spray is the bees knees ❤️ Are you getting another?

I actually got this in a duo last holiday - so I have another full size to use 🙂 Amazing how long a bottle lasts! @bakeamuffin

That’s the best @scott1201!! 😄

RE: Empties

I’m so late in posting my May empties because I had such issues logging into my account on the iPad. First photos- LOVES, second photo- LIKES, third photo- NOT FOR ME. I’m down to my last mini bag of foils so this month is mostly full size products and deluxe samples.

Re: RE: Empties

Oh I just adore the Caviar moisturizing duo @oceanics, how did you like them?

Re: RE: Empties

I love them as well @bakeamuffin. It’s the only shampoo/conditioner that has worked for my overly processed hair. By using both daily, it has made my hair soft and manageable.

Empties

My empties over the past few weeks! Loves: Benefit Porefessional, Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner, Beauty Blender, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, Moroccanoil OK: Biobelle #beautysecret, Ole Henriksen empower foaming milk cleanser, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, Batiste Dry Shampoo, Biolage Curl Defining Elixir, L'Occitane Creme Divine, Vita Liberate Self Tanning Gradual Lotion. Dislikes: Caudalie Vinosource Serum S.O.S. and La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser.

Trash day!

PhotoGrid_1529111724132.png

Spoiler

I was surprised by the Perricone cloud cream! I went out of town for a couple days and packed this sample, and when I got home my skin was in noticeably better shape. Not excited about the silicones in it, but I could see using it as an AM makeup prep. I'm resisting for now but my skin is like "YES BUY THIS" 😂

My husband and I both take the Hum melatonin now, so we go through a bottle of this every two weeks. I used to get the Costco brand but we were both getting measurably better sleep quality with this, so it's worth 20 bucks a month for the household.

The Fresh cleanser is nice enough and I like the cucumber-ish scent... I wouldn't rush out to buy it, but I have a giant bottle from the Fresh event so at some point I'll be into this for a while.

The Hum biotin definitely helped, but I'm going to try a bottle of the Costco brand next because I'm already giving Hum a lot of money 💸

This is my second bottle of the Sephora micellar water, but I've decided I like the La Roche-Posay one a lot better.

Finally retiring this ancient Aveda set! This was my fourth or fifth refill of the powder, but they reformulated this last time and I didn't like the new version (come to think of it, this was about the time I started buying my makeup at Sephora instead...) and this was my second lipstick in this shade. I spent a long time looking for a great brick red, which it is, but I don't find it flattering on me now so I decided not to make myself finish it. Terrific formula, though (Nourish Mint Sheer Mineral); it's a shame they discontinued it.

RE: Re: Empties

@fieldsofclover I’m curious about the HUM supplements. You take the melatonin supl. I wanted to ask you when do you take them ? How many minutes before going to bed? I’m asking because I have trouble falling asleep, my brain forgets that it has an OFF button somewhere 🤯

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@keana1 I take one about 15-20 minutes before heading to bed, and then read for a little while until "the switch flips" and I get super sleepy. DH has a harder time winding down than I do, so he tries to take his a little earlier.

It definitely helps the falling-asleep part of things, but the most useful part for me is I'm naturally a light sleeper, and this helps me get a full night of sleep instead of waking up repeatedly. So now when I need to get up I'm well rested and not groggy and weird like before.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Empties

@fieldsofclover Thank you so much, I’m sold !

@fieldsofclover I think I’m going to cave in soon and buy some HUM!! I’ve been seeing it a lot lately and am super interested in a few of them. Glad to hear you got results! 

Great selection of used up products @fieldsofclover 😄 

it’s so awesome that you can buy Hum through Sephora, especially when the melatonin works for you and your mate, bonus points! 😄

2 Replies
testing