Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: Empties

@eshoe great idea using the oil to stretch out the Lala cream. I’ve tried it before and really liked it! 

Re: RE: Empties

@eshoe Great job with samples! I’ve tried both the Honey Savior and LXMI and I feel the same way! 👍

Re: Empties

2nd set of empties for may! makeup empties still to come! 

haircare

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 2.35.31 PM.png

repurchase

• deva curl ultra defining gel(holy grail gel and i miss it already! keeps my curls controlled defined but not weighed down and crunchy)
  • kms California curl up leave in conditioner

like and would use again

• briogeo don’t despair repair deep conditioning mask
  • briogeo rosary milk reparative leave in conditioning spray
  • john frieda dream cults shampoo & conditioner
  • john frieda frizz ease shampoo & conditioner 

no...just...no

• living proof perfect hair day shampoo & conditioner
  • she uemura cleaning oil shampoo (hated this so much i used it as a body wash)
  • carol’s daughter cowash
  • carols daughter leave in
  • redken beach envy volume texturizing conditioner

basically these all have a common theme - my hair hated them! they didn’t give me the moisture my curls needed, made my hair feel dry, heavy and straw like. 

So much haircare, I hope you had fun playing with it all @sparklekai 😄 I’m really interested in trying the Briogeo mask and spray, was there anything specific that you didn’t like about them? 

@bakeamuffin its not necessarily that i didn't like them.  i liked them fine enough and i would use them again if i had them but they aren't products i'd go out and purchase.  for the spray, i actually use it to wet my hair a bit and reactivate any products in the mornings and it works fine for that - but so do cheaper leave ins and even water.  the mask again was ok but i found it to be just average. 

Great job, @sparklekai!! 👍 I really liked that Briogeo hair mask too! - and it seems a lot of people love that Deva Curl! 🤗

More June empties already! PhotoGrid_1528691852464.png

Spoiler

The Hum Moody Bird is permanent for me now; this is my third bottle.

Not quite ready to drop the coin on the AmorePacific essence yet, but it's definitely on my radar now after trying it out for a while.

The Boscia pudding mask surprised me! Wish I'd gotten more 100-pt samples, need a full size now.

I hauled a ton of the iLook black masks from TJmaxx a couple weeks ago... they're a staple for at least the summer.

Started getting Dr. Teal's at Costco.

The Laura Mercier powder has been fine but this is my third and it's been a couple years so I need a change.

The DDG was a nice peptide serum and I like the metered dosing, but I'll probably try the YTTP serum or DE Protini next if I feel the need to add something like that back into my routine.

@fieldsofclover Great empties. I've wondered about the Hu...

@fieldsofclover Great empties. I've wondered about the Hum brand for a bit. I will have to try those and Dennis Gross product. Nice!

I also really enjoyed the GWP Amore Pacific essence. Great empties per usual - you guys are inspiring me to keep a little bag, too... @fieldsofclover

@fieldsofclover Great job! I see those masks all the time at Marshall’s- I may have to pick some up the next time I go 👍

I forgot I had that 100 pt mask too! - I need to remember to try it out! I feel like I’ve heard only good things about it 👌😉

@Shosh85 The pudding was a great AM mask for me because it rinses off pretty quickly. I need to use up a couple other things before I buy it, but it will be back.

may empties may come over the next couple of days...or hours..as i try to type this while little miss sleeps/plays independently!

skincare

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 4.36.15 PM.png

repurchase

• dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel (i have at least one of these in here each month.  it is a staple in my routine but thankfully (because of cost) not something i need to use every day!  
  • the ordinary natural moisturizing factors + HA (will definitely be a repurchase.  super hydrating and didn't leave my skin feeling heavy)
  • dr brandt pore dermabrasion pore perfecting exfoliator

like and would use again

• farmacy green clean makeup meltaway cleansing balm
  • algenist complete eye renewal balm
  • biobelle #beautysecret (this wasn't a bad mask and definitely one i would use again.  but i didn't love it as much as some of the other biobelle masks.  this left my skin hydrated but i feel like the results didn't last as long as i would have liked
  • jurlique fruit enzyme

no

• labratories filorga time filler (KILLED.MY.SKIN!)

bodycare/random

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 4.40.07 PM.png

repurchase

• o'keeffes healthy feet (this is heels down 😛 the best foot cream i have ever used!)
  • glyosmed eczema care (i'll probably use more of this than the average person.  i'm anticipating one a month because i not only use it on my eczema patches but also on my daughter.  this has been key to keeping her eczema at bay - but using it on her whole body before bed means that it goes quicker than most lotions)
  • quo luxury cotton facial pads (very similar to the shiseido but cheaper)

@sparklekai  Yeah O'keefe's healthy feet! It is the best!! Have you tried the hand cream or body lotion? They work great too!!

@yankeefaithful i'm actually trying the skin repair right now for the first time and i'm really liking it! 

RE: Re: Empties

@sparklekai, can you elaborate on “killed my skin?” Just curious as I recently switched to chemical exfoliators after reading so much about how physical ones were harsh on your skin. My skin has aged SO FAST since doing so! Is this what you are referring to? I feel like I am the only one who has encountered this!

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@eshoe it made my skin super dry and almost patchy. my redness was intensified and my skin felt tight

@sparklekai Nice job! I’ve really been wanting to try the DDG peel pads! I feel like I see it everywhere!

I’ve been looking for a good foot cream! I’m definitely going to have to give this a try! 👣

seriously the best foot cream i've used @Shosh85 ! i've been without it for about 2 weeks and i can already feel a difference.  i'm ready to have it back in my life! 

@CookieGirl1, @sparklekai, I love the DDG Extra Strength...

@CookieGirl1, @sparklekai, I love the DDG Extra Strength Peel pads! But I almost never buy them at Sephora, except during the Nov sale. You can reliably find them for 20% off at other skincare sites, or at DDG direct. P.S. I'm sorry to hear the Jurlique killed your skin! I will stay away!

Re: @CookieGirl1, @sparklekai, I love the DDG Extra Strength...

@curlychiquita Yes exactly, I hauled an absurd amount of them in December because of sales.

@CookieGirl1 @sparklekai @Shosh85 DDG peels ended my hormonal acne, full stop. Past tense. Even though I don't use them much anymore, they're definitely what got me where I am today skincare-wise. 💛

Re: @CookieGirl1, @sparklekai, I love the DDG Extra Strength...

@fieldsofclover I’m so with you, since starting the DDG extra strength Alpha Beta Peel, my skin has been Soo much better (I got extra strength because I was hoping the BHA would diminish my blackheads). I typically have acne breakouts on my chin and jawline, and they have dramatically subsided. I’m really excited and hopeful that with continued use scars will have a chance to heal. I definitely suggest to try out the mini 5 pack over a week or two for anyone interested in trying it out ☺️

5 Replies
testing