Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@sonnydee Hahaha yep those Milk makeup remover wipes are beyond worthless, agreed!

Well done on burning through all those samples!

It’s exciting and sad to go through products...time to restock! 

4882EBE7-BF8E-49E2-91A6-7A77A05B9F43.jpeg

I surprisingly loved/liked all of these. 

The body scrub is amazing!! I wish it was cheaper because I never want to be without it. 

Nars-the eyeshadow primer is amazing too. Finally a primer that doesn’t give me an allergic reaction. This mini lasted me YEARS! I’m impressed it never went bad and lasted so long. 

The shampoo was nice, but not amazing. It did keep my hair nice and clean but didn’t help with moisturizing. I didn’t see any “repair” work benefits 

NARS eye primer, my HG! Nothing compares! I had two minis that also lasted me years, finally one became an empty and one still for travel and I finally purchased a full size, which I may pass on to any future grandchildren, lol. Did you pull out the inner ring to get the last specks out? That gives another million uses! @pinyo

@sister13 I wish I thought of that before I tossed it! I just assumed since it was pretty barebones empty and I assumed more than expired, I should toss it. Now I know to do that in another 2 years! Btw, do you know if they sell minis/sample sizes? I’m hesitant to get it from eBay in case it’s old 

Haha, in another two years! I haven’t seen it sold, only in the GWPs, I think so far. I’m always keeping an eye out for them, but haven’t seen any recently. @pinyo

I liked that scrub too.  Did you get it from that crazy sale last year (Today Show?  I forget what.)?

Yes I did! I bought it on a whim since I read good reviews and I absolutely love it!! @kelloua, I really hope that sale comes back haha. Wishful thinking. 

This empties post is long overdue.  My bag kept building up and up...and then my dad stayed and, trying to be helpful, thought one bag was trash.  So he pitched it.  This year I do want to get back to doing this on a monthly basis because there is something REALLY satisfying about seeing how much you get through.

IMG_1222.JPGIMG_1229.JPGIMG_1224.JPGIMG_1225.JPGIMG_1227.JPGIMG_1228.JPGIMG_1229.JPG

Wow! @kelloua

Wow @kelloua, I’m so impressed! How long did it take you to get through that? 

These have been building up for a year but were probably 1/2 of the total stash.  The bag my dad tossed was as big if not bigger.

This facial cleanser lasted me over a year.  Granted I started using it as a hand soap in the past 1-2 months as I stopped using it on my face.  I also finished La Roche Posay's Substiane Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream (stock photo as I threw away the container before taking a pic.  This also took me about a year to finish - granted I dabbled with other sample eye creams).  

IMG_5593.JPG

I may repurchase Cetaphil but as a hand soap (not for my face).  I tend to get eczema on my hands and I do like how my hands feel after using this.  In regards to the face, initially I did like it as it is very gentle but as time went on it felt like I had a film on my face so that's why I started using it as a hand soap.  On the La Roche Posay, I'm on the fence on whether or not I'll repurchase.  It is one of the most hydrating eye creams I've used and I've tried a ton (very high end ones from Sephora) and I always seemed to go back to this one.  The price is reasonable but I'm hoping that I'll find my "holy grail" eye cream which is not only super hydrating but that it will also help diminish fine lines and help lighting up my under eye area. Currently I'm using Kate Sommerville's Wrinkle Warrior serum (deluxe sample) which doesn't seem to be doing anything and then I top it off with Caudalie's VineActiv Energizing and Smoothing Eye cream (it's OK, not as moisturizing as La Roche Posay's Substiane Eye cream)

RE: Empties

I don’t know 🤷🏾‍♀️ how to fix the pic.

I am so extremely late and far behind on my empties, I never got around to posting my December empties, so here it is! ❤️

Hello. I’m new to Sephora Play and using the rewards system and the forum. What is this all about? Showing what you used all of from the monthly bags?

Re: RE: Empties

@Tresgirl

Welcome to BIC @Tresgirl!

This particular thread is all about showing off anything empty, whether from Play or not. Some of us get a kick out finishing off all the odds and ends, both samples and full size, or just perusing the empties of others ☺️

Alrighty, last empties of 2017! November and December. 

Yaaaasss, love: E131EBD9-7FA5-4C7E-9EBC-FE62328D3FC1.jpeg

Andalou Natueala Kukui Body Cream is incredible! I’ve got one left, but want to make it through some other body moisturizes before I use it. I’ve started applying moisturizer right after the shower on wet skin. What a difference! This absorbs quickly, hydrates, and smells divine. 

Pixi Douple Cleanse is fantastic for travel. The first step takes of makeup really well

and the second step is a nice basic cream cleanser. 

Meh, so-so:34FF89BB-E8EE-481D-9756-F12D35BDC1CA.jpeg

Interesting how your opinion changes on a product, the Vita Lightbeam was a favorite, but honesty after trying more... it really doesn’t do much. 

The Tinge mask is solid, my hair is just so long. I need a whole tub to get the desired tint but it’s fun. 

Nope, nope, nope:1082D9B6-A47B-4C4C-B7D6-42581B41938B.jpeg

All together now:5CD28EEE-9736-4071-B9A9-8640B7B71012.jpeg

IMG_9230.JPG

Lol... so am cleaning out my phone pics and found this mini empties from my trip to the Dominican Republic. Now that's commitment, in a tropical paradise but still focused on using stuff up. Hahah. 

I wanted to also add that I finished 

2 full sized lalicious body scrubs 

3 two ounce lalicious body scrubs 

considering how many I finished in a bit over a year, I feel like I’m such a dirty human! 

I absolutely love these scrubs and wish they weren’t so expensive! I’m running low, so i quickly need to buy more! Or find a dupe. 

I completely forgot about this thread...so glad I rediscovered it! 

Ive since tossed all my empties, but I am so excited to share my progress from 2017! 

I had bags upon bags of samples and DS products, but my hoarding has finally minimized! I feel such a relief to not have so much stuff. On the flip side, I’m sad that I’m running out of DSes that I really like! I’m not ready to spend more money haha. 

On the top of my head, Ive finished the following DS:

2 mud masks-boscia, love love love! 

5 minis of bumble and bumble oil-love!! I decided to purchase the largest size! 

1 dry shampoo-amika, I’ll use it when desperate, but not my favorite 

2 face washes-fab cleanser-like it a lot. It’s great for travels. 

4 face moisturizers-loccitane and fab-they’re flop from great to bad. Sometimes they moisturized well, other times I had patches. 

3 eye creams-Clinique cream in regular and rich. I prefer rich. I’m unsure how well they actually worked for darkness/puffiness, but I loved the extra moisture they brought. 

2 facial exfoliants-dr Brandt. In love! 

3 mascaras-burberry, love. It’s real is alright if I have nothing else. 

1 eyelid primer-nars, this took me years to finish...love it! 

3 setting powders, it cosmetic is great, but too much white cast so no. Cover fx is okay. Mercier is still my HG. 

3 liquid liners-finally tried kvd tattoo and ink liners. I love the tattoo version. 

FS:

laura mercier polish gommage: I use to love this, but I tried a DS of a dr Brandt exfoliant and love it! 

Mario badascu-seaweed toner was nice, but I didn’t reorder. 

foils:

all my hair care foils (~20)

Mountains of skincare foils 

2 Replies
testing