Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Babypeachist with the Hydrextreme I found it worked well with my oily but often dehydrated skin to keep it feeling plump.

My understanding is it's a plant based version of hyaluronic acid, which is why it's only 2 ingredients.

I applied it to my face first after cleansing and then followed with my serum/oil. I found it was really helpful during the is it/isn't it spring we were having here where all the temperature shifts were making my skin feel super parched and dried out.

I think it works best in conjunction with other products, but I feel that is to be said with most skincare. 

As for the Drybar Detox, thank you for the recommendation.  I sprayed some of it on my hand to test the scent last time I was in store and I didn't love it as much as the scent of Triple Sec, but good to know it works well.  I was a wash every day girl but ever since I started doing more non-conventional hair colours, washing every day isn't feasible since it takes the dye out too fast.

For some reason, I went through more stuff than usual this month! Hooray!

Full Sizes

sephora + pantone universe foiled waterproof eyeliner - rose dawn (I will miss this a lot - it was lovely)

aveda light elements defining whip

yes to cucumbers soothing facial wipes - 10 pack

cerave am facial moisturizing lotion

Deluxe Samples

make up for ever smoky extravagant mascara

lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover (sadly, this was the final bottle of the 5 point perks I had stashed)

peter thomas roth blue marine algae face mask (love it, but not sure I can take the plunge for that price...we'll see)

clinique pep start eye cream

urban decay all-nighter setting spray

glamglow supermud clearing treatment

caudalie vinosource moisturizing sorbet (definitely want the full size of this!)

peter thomas roth rose stem cell gel mask

Samples

urban decay vice lipstick sample in psycho

urban decay all-nighter liquid foundation (bleh, did not like)

garner whole blends illuminating shampoo

hask kalahari melon oil color protection shampoo

IMG_3117.JPG

Spoiler
Meh: middle two rows
Dislikes: very bottom row

Was hoping to go through more than this, but I massively broke out at and my skin is still recovering. I think the culprit is either the REN GLRR mask, the Fresh Vitamin Nectar mask, or the Tarte moisturizer. Or maybe all of those.

Had I known about this string, I would have taken pictures of my empties this year... I finally finished my Bite Agave Lip Mask mini and my full sized Bite Beauty Fiano lipstick, which I even scraped out of the bullet. I am so sad that the Luminous Crème lipsticks aren't around anymore 😞 But I have been very proud of myself because I have been able to use up about 20 Sugar lip balm minis and one full size - scraping them out from the bottom and all. Because I've been trying to use up my lip products before buying new ones, I am a bit too proud of myself for using a few all the way up.

34 this month, lowest so far this year. I did meet my goal from last month of being home for more than half the nights of the month (yay!!) so I didn't use as many foils etc.. 

Loves

April2017loves.jpg

Note: the blush (tarte oasis) was dropped and broke, i didn't finish it 😞 

ok:

April2017ok.jpg

Bobbi brown eye cream was hydrating but nothing incredible.

Body shop scrub was too creamy, not gritty enough for my liking.

No

April2017no:stash.jpg

I wanted to love farmacy sleep tight so much, the smell is so soothing and I really like the texture. It was okay to use sporadically, but with consistent use it clogged up my pores. 

Here are my April empties:

IMG_20170428_2159093.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
Banana Boat - UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF 50+
belief - The true cream - moisturizing bomb

Spoiler
Simple - radiance cleansing wipes
eos - lip balm
Harvey Prince - perfumista spray
Urban Decay - Peversion Mascara
Ofra - liquid lipstick in Mocha

Meh:

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth - Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
Skyn - Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels

Nope:

Spoiler
Ulta collection - Butter Balm lip gloss in Belle

Oh boo.  Did the skin Iceland eye patches do anything?  I've been saving a sample so I guess I can find out for myself.  Not as enthusiastic about them now. 

@heartsmyface you might like them. I'm more interested in hydrating my under-eye area than anything else. If didn't feel hydrating while on, and it didn't wow me at all. It wasn't bad, but it's not for me.

I just have to jump in and say that I love the skin iceland patches, so don't give up hope yet!  They are super cooling and make my eyes look younger and  like I am completely awake, plus they depuff like a boss - I definitely hoarded the samples I had since they are expensive!  😉

ETA: I would love to hear @KellW's thoughts on the cloud cream though - it's been super hyped on social media, but I haven't tried the sample from play this month yet.  

Thanks:). I think I'll pull them out give them a shot in the morning:) 

@Milou07 When I first tried the cream, it was nice and I bought it. By the time I finished it, I felt like it didn't last long enough for me to justify $55 ( I bought it mid to late February and finished it beginning of April, for reference). I used it twice a day, and while it was a nice, light moisturizer for the day time; it was not enough for me. I have dry/normal skin so intense moisture is what I'm looking for. I personally find the consistency on my skin to be somewhat similar to The Ordinary moisturizer I just finished up.

On another note, all I'm looking for in eye patches are hydration. And my eyes aren't naturally puffy so I wouldn't be able to tell if a product can depuff. This is why I love looking at a bunch of different reviews before buying. 😉

@Milou07@KellW I bought the cloud cream and find it super light and hydrating.  It reminds me very much of belief Aqua bomb in consistency, but without the citrusy scent.  Its unscented.  I find its nice before putting on primer since it absorbs well and doesn't mess with any of my makeup products.  I can't comment on the 72 hour moisture claim.

@heartsmyface that actually makes a lot of sense now why I wasn't impressed. I tried both the moisturizing bomb and aqua bomb from belief. I found the aqua bomb to not have enough hydration for my skin while the moisturizing bomb was just enough hydration. I will say that my makeup always looked really nice over the cream, I just wasn't satisfied with the rest of it. So @Milou07 if you have tried (and liked the level of hydration you got from) the aqua bomb, you might like this cream 🙂

Here's my empties from March-April. 

I tried really hard to get through some face masks that don't quite impress me before moving onto the ones I love.  The lip masks are a waste of energy.  I did have some fun with them though.  On the back of the masks it says you can apply them to your nipples so of course I had to try that out.  No results other than a tinge of entertainment with wearing ten minute pasties.  

I'll buying a full sized Stella pop perfume.  It's sweet but light enough to wear all the time.  I'm in love with the Tom Ford Portifino Neroli scent though it doesn't seem to last on me.  I'm torn due to the price.  At $255 a bottle I want staying power but gosh I love the scent so much.  I just don't know what to do. 

Briogeo Curl Charisma is awesome.  Clearly I don't have curls, but it smells wonderful and keeps my growing out damaged hair looking beautiful.  It completely tames any flyways and is very moisturizing. IMG_8828.JPG

IMG_8826.JPGIMG_8833.JPGIMG_8836.JPG

Loves:IMG_8842.JPG

Did you like the panda's dream eye patch? I've been wanting to try it. Thanks!

It was cute on and made me smile (already a win there) though I'm assuming you have to use them on the regular to get any under eye lightening effects.  I still really did appreciate the extra moisture around my eyes and the diminished eye bags.  I'm sure I could've achieved the same effect with cold teabags but hey. I've already repurchased a few more of these so I can do a more honest review of them.  They're fairly inexpensive and with the cute factor I couldn't resist.  

Omg 😂Crying laughing at 'ten minute pasties' I would have done the exact same. Great job on the empties @heartsmyface

The imagery right?  Just so I don't appear crazy, here's a picture that shows they're intended for the alternative use.IMG_8844.JPG

I can't read the Korean, but a few of my favourite words, vitamin E, collagen, hylauronic acid. And the photos help, how would you not! Haha

I'm alwaÿs so in awe of everyone who uses up so many samples.  This empties post is goals for me! Lol I'm not going to lie I instantly pictured myself trying to put lip masks on my nipples as soon as I read your post and had a good laugh! I've never had much luck with any of the telly type lip masks, but maybe it's because I've never tried the alternate use! 

I think they'd be fun for a masking party with close friends, just for kicks, but I seriously saw no results.  

Personally, I like hydrogel masks but not generally the ones you can get here.  They tend to be obscure Japanese brands in the ¥400-¥600 price range.

4 Replies
testing