Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Oh boo.  Did the skin Iceland eye patches do anything?  I've been saving a sample so I guess I can find out for myself.  Not as enthusiastic about them now. 

@heartsmyface you might like them. I'm more interested in hydrating my under-eye area than anything else. If didn't feel hydrating while on, and it didn't wow me at all. It wasn't bad, but it's not for me.

I just have to jump in and say that I love the skin iceland patches, so don't give up hope yet!  They are super cooling and make my eyes look younger and  like I am completely awake, plus they depuff like a boss - I definitely hoarded the samples I had since they are expensive!  ๐Ÿ˜‰

ETA: I would love to hear @KellW's thoughts on the cloud cream though - it's been super hyped on social media, but I haven't tried the sample from play this month yet.  

Thanks:). I think I'll pull them out give them a shot in the morning:) 

@Milou07 When I first tried the cream, it was nice and I bought it. By the time I finished it, I felt like it didn't last long enough for me to justify $55 ( I bought it mid to late February and finished it beginning of April, for reference). I used it twice a day, and while it was a nice, light moisturizer for the day time; it was not enough for me. I have dry/normal skin so intense moisture is what I'm looking for. I personally find the consistency on my skin to be somewhat similar to The Ordinary moisturizer I just finished up.

On another note, all I'm looking for in eye patches are hydration. And my eyes aren't naturally puffy so I wouldn't be able to tell if a product can depuff. This is why I love looking at a bunch of different reviews before buying. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Milou07@KellW I bought the cloud cream and find it super light and hydrating.  It reminds me very much of belief Aqua bomb in consistency, but without the citrusy scent.  Its unscented.  I find its nice before putting on primer since it absorbs well and doesn't mess with any of my makeup products.  I can't comment on the 72 hour moisture claim.

@heartsmyface that actually makes a lot of sense now why I wasn't impressed. I tried both the moisturizing bomb and aqua bomb from belief. I found the aqua bomb to not have enough hydration for my skin while the moisturizing bomb was just enough hydration. I will say that my makeup always looked really nice over the cream, I just wasn't satisfied with the rest of it. So @Milou07 if you have tried (and liked the level of hydration you got from) the aqua bomb, you might like this cream ๐Ÿ™‚

Here's my empties from March-April. 

I tried really hard to get through some face masks that don't quite impress me before moving onto the ones I love.  The lip masks are a waste of energy.  I did have some fun with them though.  On the back of the masks it says you can apply them to your nipples so of course I had to try that out.  No results other than a tinge of entertainment with wearing ten minute pasties.  

I'll buying a full sized Stella pop perfume.  It's sweet but light enough to wear all the time.  I'm in love with the Tom Ford Portifino Neroli scent though it doesn't seem to last on me.  I'm torn due to the price.  At $255 a bottle I want staying power but gosh I love the scent so much.  I just don't know what to do. 

Briogeo Curl Charisma is awesome.  Clearly I don't have curls, but it smells wonderful and keeps my growing out damaged hair looking beautiful.  It completely tames any flyways and is very moisturizing. IMG_8828.JPG

IMG_8826.JPGIMG_8833.JPGIMG_8836.JPG

Loves:IMG_8842.JPG

Did you like the panda's dream eye patch? I've been wanting to try it. Thanks!

It was cute on and made me smile (already a win there) though I'm assuming you have to use them on the regular to get any under eye lightening effects.  I still really did appreciate the extra moisture around my eyes and the diminished eye bags.  I'm sure I could've achieved the same effect with cold teabags but hey. I've already repurchased a few more of these so I can do a more honest review of them.  They're fairly inexpensive and with the cute factor I couldn't resist.  

Omg ๐Ÿ˜‚Crying laughing at 'ten minute pasties' I would have done the exact same. Great job on the empties @heartsmyface

The imagery right?  Just so I don't appear crazy, here's a picture that shows they're intended for the alternative use.IMG_8844.JPG

I can't read the Korean, but a few of my favourite words, vitamin E, collagen, hylauronic acid. And the photos help, how would you not! Haha

I'm alwaรฟs so in awe of everyone who uses up so many samples.  This empties post is goals for me! Lol I'm not going to lie I instantly pictured myself trying to put lip masks on my nipples as soon as I read your post and had a good laugh! I've never had much luck with any of the telly type lip masks, but maybe it's because I've never tried the alternate use! 

I think they'd be fun for a masking party with close friends, just for kicks, but I seriously saw no results.  

Personally, I like hydrogel masks but not generally the ones you can get here.  They tend to be obscure Japanese brands in the ยฅ400-ยฅ600 price range.

don't know if I should call this late or early to the game or a little bit of both but here are my February -  April 26th empties...

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

There was a lot of sunlight coming through my window when i took these pics so it's kinda hard to all the products here. 

LOVES:

- Bath & Body works wallflower salted vanilla

- Beauty Blender - The Orignal beauty blender

- Benefit the POREfessional 

- Benefit - They're Real remover

- Bumble and Bumble - Pret a Powder

- Glamglow - Volcasmic matte glow moisturizer

- Murad - Hydrodynamic Ultimate moisture 

- Nivea - In-shower body lotion 

- Peter Thomas Roth - firm- x Peeling gel

- Schick Razor cartridge replacement coconut 

- Aerin - Amber Musk

- Belief - The True Cream moisturizing bomb

- crest - Cavity protection regular toothpaste

- Elizabeth & James Nirvana - rose

- Fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve radiance lotion 
- Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing face oil 

- Fresh - Rose hydrating eye gel cream

- Not Your Mother's clean freak - Dry shampoo

- Origins - Gin - zing 

- Plackers - Right angle dental flossers

- Sephora - Charcoal Nose strip

- up & up - cotton rounds

- Yves saint Laurent - Mon Paris

MEH/ok 

- Derek lam 10 crossby - Afloat

- Derek lam 10 Crossby - Drunk on youth 

- Derek Lam - 10 crossby - Looking glass

- LIila grace French vanilla hand cream

- Sephora Collection express eye makeup remover wipe

nope, nope, nope.

- Lady speed stick - Invisible dry powder fresh

Spoiler

this lot of empties is from January through March.  I never used to count, but I'm trying to use up what I already own this year and think challenging myself to use more each month is a great way to do it.  This quarter was 79 empties.

I have zero idea why the pics are coming up upside down, but trying to post lately is quite... trying... lol.  If anyone's curious about anything please ask! 

Everything

IMG_4966.JPG

Loves

IMG_4967.JPG

Spoiler
Everything here is pretty self explanatory.  The MAC is the studio tech, it stays in my purse for touch ups through the day and after work. I know pore strips are controversial, but I like em. The two moisturizer samples were from the sample challenge in march, I'm still deciding which to pick up full size.

IMG_4971.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
At the moment I'm only re purchasing the porefessional here.  I use it on my t zone all the time.  Everything else I'm waivering on either due to cost or having a similar product already.

Meh

IMG_4972.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
Everything here was okay.  But I've tried better in their category.  If I got them for free or in a great deal value pack with something I wanted, sure I'd use them.

Nope, no way.

IMG_4970.JPG

Spoiler
The cotton here came from Costco and was okay until I tried the shisedo cotton.  Now I'm spoiled and will only use this to remove polish.  The Pacifica body wash smelled great but made my skin feel tight. There are two lash glues that just aren't anywhere near gluey enough, lashes were falling off way before their time. The glam glow I had a reaction to. The burts bees cuticle butter is just not for me. I didn't like the packaging, the scent, or see any real results.

March Empties

March Empties (staples).jpg

Spoiler
All of these are staple products or products I use frequently.
-Orgins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
-SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
-Hylamide SubQ Eyes
-Josie Maran Argan Oil
-Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
-Nugg Face Mask Hydrating (x3)
-Nugg Face Mask Revitalizing
-Nugg Face Mask Deep Cleansing
-Tony Moly Pureness 100 Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask
-Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes

March Empties (2).jpg

Spoiler
Top Row-Likes (will repurchase/purchase full size)
-Karuna Hydrating Face Mask
-Kate Sommerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser
-Nude Advanced Renewal Overnight Repair Mask
-Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser
-FAB Vitamin Hydrating Mist

2nd Row-These were just ok. I don't think I'll repurchase.
-Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
-Pericone MD Nutritive Cleanser
-Cerave PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion
-Origins GinZing Refreshing Face Mask
-Farmacy Honey Potion
-Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
-Yes to Cotton Comforting Paper Mask

Loves

IMG_2608.JPG
IMG_2612.JPG
IMG_2611.JPG
Did not like

IMG_2615.JPG
Skyn Iceland cooling daily lotion-this burned really bad on my face only used it once and it is going.

Charlotte Tlibury magic eye rescue-this felt fine but smelled awful I wonder if my foil might have gone bad.

Not as many as February, but 40 isn't bad!

april empties.JPG

Loves

Spoiler

BeautyBlender -- This one was starting to fall apart, but I already had a backup ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask -- Iโ€™m not a fan of the other masks Iโ€™ve tried (24K Gold, blue one, and Moor Mud) because they didnโ€™t seem to do much, but this one is fantastic for when my skin is irritated by a product/sunburned/etc. I keep it in the fridge and it instantly cools my face and soothes redness. Would repurchase this.

Pinrose Garden Gangster -- Loved this, would purchase.

Eva NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo -- I love the smell, and itโ€™s works well, but it does seem like it takes more spray than other brands to work.

Eva NYC Surfโ€™s Up! Texture Spray -- Smells great, works really well.

Spoiler

Juliette Has A Gun in Not A Perfume -- I actually really liked this scent, very light and clean. My only problem was that it didnโ€™t seem to last very long on me at all. Got this as a promo and I would get it again, but I donโ€™t think I would pay for it.

Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 x 2 -- I liked this, the texture was nice and it layered with other products nicely. Would use again, but Iโ€™ll probably try some drugstore sunscreens first.

Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster -- Too small of a sample to use more than twice so I canโ€™t vouch for the effectiveness, but I liked the smell and the texture and it sunk nicely into my skin.Would be interested in trying a larger sample.

Ahava Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate -- Too small of a sample to know how well it works over time, but smelled really nice and sunk into my skin nicely. I would be interested in trying a larger sample of this again.

Chanel Blue Serum - Same deal, I loved the smell and the texture was nice but it was too small of a sample to see any results.

DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Amethyst Clay Detox Mask -- I like charcoal masks and this was no exception. Iโ€™d pick it up if it was on sale.

Repiel Smart Hand Mask Milky Moisture -- I just like hands masks ๐Ÿ™‚

Tony Moly Fresh Peppermint Foot Mask -- I just like foot masks, too ๐Ÿ™‚

Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar -- I really liked how this sunk into my skin, was good moisture for the changing seasons. I would use this again.

Tatcha Radiant Deep Brightening Serum -- Not a large enough samples to know how it works over time, but it smelled nice and sunk in well. I would like to try it again.

Formula 10.0.6 -- I liked this because itโ€™s the only gel cleanser Iโ€™ve used where I didnโ€™t hate the consistency.

Meh

Spoiler

AG Cleansing Cream -- No real opinion. It was fine but I wouldnโ€™t use it again. WNP.

Sephora Bubble Mask -- It didnโ€™t seem to do anything and it tickled me so much when the bubbles were popping! Felt gimmicky, WNP.

Benefit Porefessional -- I think this is finally my last sample of this! WNP.

Lโ€™Oreal Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care - I liked the smell and it sunk into my skin nicely, but it didnโ€™t really do anything for oil control. Iโ€™m stil kind of undecided on it.

Studio 35 Beauty Makeup Remover Towlettes -- Didnโ€™t feel one way or the other about these. Might repurchase if they are in front of me and I need some.

No

Spoiler

Korres Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturizer -- Was not strong enough for my winter skin. I would have saved it to try in the summer but there was only 3 uses in it and it smelled gross.

Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum -- I didnโ€™t notice any difference.

AG Moisture Mask -- This was wayyyyyy too heavy duty for my fine hair; I used it on a Sunday night and 12 hours later it looked like I had slept in a vat of grease. WNP.

Sephora Collection LashCraft Length & Volume Mascara -- I feel like the only one who didnโ€™t like this, but Iโ€™m also super picky about mascara. Clumpy, wet, and made my lashes look more sparse which is hard to do on a redhead. WNP.

Tarte Frixxtion Stick -- Like the dr. Brandt microdermabrasion from last month, this hurt my face. It felt fine when I applied it with the stick, but rubbing it in with my hands felt like little shards of glass. WNP.

Lโ€™oreal Oil with Sunscreen -- I use oil sometimes at night, but apparently I should not use them in the day. Grease slick by 9 am. WNP.

Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circle Eye Cream -- Somehow made my dark circles worse. WNP.

KMS Free Shape Hot Flex Spray -- My hair stylist said my ends looked like garbage after using this spray, so I think Iโ€™ll pass.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie -- Smelled so good but was way to heavy for my fine hair. WNP.

Ogx Quenching+ Coconut Curls Shampoo and Conditioner -- On the opposite side of the spectrum, this dried my curls and and made them frizzy. WNP.

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum - Saw zero results. WNP.

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Oil with Coconut and Argan Oils -- I have nightmares about this still haha! Completely ruined my face with oil and breakouts. I switched back to Origins and my skin is already going back to normal. NEVER AGAIN.

Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer - I just donโ€™t think Clinique and I are meant to get along. WNP.

Pinrose Cuddle Punk, Pillowtalk Poet, and Tambourine Dreamer -- Not for me.

Destash

Spoiler
Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray - Pilled off my face no matter how long I let it dry. WNR. 

March empties! Total # = 59, not bad! I'm doing a better job of going through what I have and trying to pick HGs to stick with, especially with skincare. 

Loves/Staples:

FullSizeRender (71).jpg

FullSizeRender (70).jpg

Spoiler
The compact is Missha Magic Cushion BB Cream. I got a refill as a GWP, so I got rid of this one as it was mostly dried out. Great coverage! It does transfer more than I'd like though.

Likes/Just Ok:

FullSizeRender (73).jpg

FullSizeRender (72).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (74).jpg

Spoiler
Redken Volumizing shampoo/conditioner: left icky residue in my hair and also dried it out
Lancome cream cleanser: also left residue. Felt like maybe a soap instead of detergent? Blech.
Clinique Smart oil: not moisturizing/effective
Paula's Choice retinol serum: broke me out
MB Whitening mask: drying, no discernible effect (foil was 2 full applications)
Clarins Exfoliating cleanser: too abrasive
Supergoop hand cream w/spf: the sunscreen made it too greasy    

2 Replies
testing