Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

If anyone has empty travel size tata harper bottles and aren't going to keep them I'd love them!

IMG_1061.PNG

Anonymous Insider

Loves

IMG_8263.JPG

Liked

IMG_8264.JPG

Disliked

IMG_8266.JPG

I recently tried the FAB oatmeal mask and loved it too. Smells great and I found it to be very hydrating and it cleared up some bumps I had under my skin from a bad reaction to another product. I'll definitely be purchasing it at some point in the future.

I finished my first candle of the season yesterday and am already lighting another one. B&BW candles and foaming hand soaps are the best!

Yeah that one has been a long time favorite of mine too.  Though did the packaging change?  I have mine in more of a traditional tube vs. the above.  Though that packaging looks way better for getting product out  I always end up having to cut mine open and there is SO much left.

Autumn and Leaves are my favorite Fall candles from BBW! I also recently tried out Pumpkin Banana Muffin and it is to die for!!

Yum.  Pumpkin Banana Muffin sounds really unique and amazing.

Anonymous Insider

There are so many fall good ones this year. I'm loving cider lane and and pumpkin Berry struedel for my high ceiling rooms. Autumn has a medium to low throw so I use it in my bedroom and it's wonderful. 

I love BBW candle in leaves! I'm impressed by the number of candles you used up ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous Insider

I've amassed an embarrassing collection over the years but I burn everyday all year round so I don't feel too guilty ๐Ÿ˜œ

I know!  I always think the same thing whenever I see @Anonymous's empties posts.  It takes me forever to get through a candle.  One day Ill have one to share.

Anonymous Insider

Light em up @kelloua

I meant to start posting my empties last month, but I failed so I'm going to start now. These are things I've finished up within the months of September and October so far.

File Oct 15, 4 23 07 PM.jpeg

Love:

*Too Faced Born This Way (Vanilla) - bought full size already

*Too Faced Hangover Primer - bought full size already

*Lush Celestial - a staple for me that I've repurchased many times over

*PTR Cucumber Mask - my skin get red easily and this was soothing. Bought full size already.

Like:

*Ole Henriksen makeup removing wipes - they work just fine, don't irritate my skin, but they haven't given me a reason to fall in love with them either

*Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - perfectly average moisturizer. Nothing that makes me want to repurchase it, nothing that makes me want to avoid it.

*Ole Henriksen - Herbal Day Crรจme with SPF - I liked this more than sheer transformation. I originally got it from TJMaxx (or Marshalls?) for about $10 and would consider repurchasing at that price.

*FAB Facial Radiance serum - I can't tell if it made a difference though. I'd consider repurchasing at the clearance price if I didn't have other serums to use up first.

*Benefit Puff Off - kind of hard to evaluate with just the foil packet, but it didn't irritate my skin at all. I feel like eye creams almost never deliver on their promises, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying a more deluxe sample size of this.

Disliked:

*BBW Body Butter - I feel like it never absorbs, but I have so many that'll I'll keep using them until I run out.

*Glamglow Thirstymud - I feel like it didn't do its job? I like other products of this one.

*John Masters organics rose and apricot hair milk - I didn't like the feel of my hair after I used it each time. My end also never look any less dry. I prefer alterna moisture milk to this by far.

I have several other products that I'm just about finishing up so I'll be able to have at least one more post for the month of October. I love that this thread gives me motivation to use what I already have on hand. I still find it hard to resist the temptation of new products, but this at least curbs my spending a LITTLE bit.

There are so many of the Ole Henriksen products that I've tried and are just average. The only product of theirs I really love is the Power Peel packets.

Anonymous Insider

Spoiler

Great empties.  It's never too late to share.  I love finding beauty bargains at Marshall's.  I've found quite a few Ole Henriksen products there (and interestingly they are not always discontinued...overstock I guess).

September 2016 Empties

Getting closer to my goal of finishing 200 products this year, I'm quite happy with the progress I made this year so far ๐Ÿ˜„

IMG_5768.JPG

Love

Spoiler

The Face Shop The Solution Pore Care Face Mask x 2 : Used this twice before getting a facial treatment and it really did make a difference in the appearance of my pores. I let it sit on my skin for about one hour and an half, until the serum was completely absorbed. I used it right before bedtime and my pores definitely looked smaller in the morning. It wasnโ€™t sticky and the smell was pleasant. This line of mask also stick better to the face and wonโ€™t slip at all. * Will definitely repurchase in the future.

Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Mint Gentle Foaming Hand Soap : Lovely smell that is relaxing and appropriate for all year long in my opinion. The scent lingered on my skin for quite a long time. Iโ€™m also glad that it is a permanent soap scent that I can get all year long. The foaming hand soaps from Bath & Body Works do not make my skin dry. Also, the product usually last for a great amount of time and itโ€™s super easy to get it on sale. Finally, itโ€™s easy to reach the bottom of the bottle. * Will definitely repurchase it in my next hand soap haul.

Lush Fizzbanger Bath Bomb : This is my favorite bath bomb of all times. The smell is incredible and perfect for fall and winter in my opinion. However, it can be a little overwhelming at times and itโ€™s not the most relaxing bath bomb from Lush. The bomb turns the water green and yellow, which is super fun. After using this bath bomb, my skin also felt incredibly soft, which is a great bonus. Unfortunately it seems to be only sold online now in Canada, so I will have to do an order there instead of visiting the store. * Will repurchase a few of these bombs soon.  

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Conditioner : Iโ€™m really glad that they did change this conditioner and I can say that I love it now. The smell used to be super strong and not so pleasant but nowadays itโ€™s great. The product works wonder for my hair. First, it does make it a deeper colour without damaging it. Second, it keeps my hair tangle-free and moisturised. Finally, it seems to control new split ends from appearing. * Will definitely repurchase it soon.

The Face Shop Clean Face Soothing Face Mask For Oily Skin : This has become a monthly staple product in my skincare routine. It definitely helps with sebum control and does absorb it all. The green tea extracts also relax and sooth my skin when I use it. The mask itself is a bit thicker than the ones from their Real Nature line and stays on my face better too. I use it about once a month, when I feel like I canโ€™t control my excess sebum anymore. * Have some backups already and will repurchase in the future.

Spoiler

Etude House Black Charcoal Chin Pack : Great and cheap chin strip that I would definitely like to use more often in the future. I used it when I had very congested skin and it did help a little. This is in no way a miracle product, but itโ€™s fun to use and it did unclog some pores. Didnโ€™t seem to do much for my blackheads, but Iโ€™ve to say that they are quite small and deep. The smell was not too noticeable and the shape of the strip was perfect. The pack was also sticking well to my skin and it didnโ€™t hurt when I removed it. * Will repurchase in the future.

Bath & Body Works Sheer Cotton & Lemonade Shower Gel : Super nice and light smell for spring and summer. The mix of cotton and lemonade was great as well. However, I donโ€™t feel like the staying power was the best compared to other shower gels from Bath & Body Works. Didnโ€™t dry out my skin and was super foamy. I truly enjoy the formula of these shower gels as they are not too thick yet not too runny. * Would eventually repurchase it if it was available during semi annual sale for a great price.

Balea Limette & Aloe Vera Dusche & Creme (Travel Size) : Bought this travel size for a weekend trip because the smell was very nice and it did match the perfume I brought along too. I also enjoyed the fact that it was a 2 in 1 product and that I didnโ€™t need to bring lotion with me. The consistency was great and not too runny. My skin felt soft after using it. I wouldnโ€™t say that it can replace lotion totally, but it was alright for a few days. The smell wasnโ€™t very long lasting on the skin however. * Would repurchase if it was available locally.

Pantene Pro-V Root Reboot Dry Shampoo : Was greatly impressed with this dry shampoo. It didnโ€™t leave any stubborn white cast in my dark hair and it had a fresh, light and pleasant smell. It worked instantly and gave volume to my hair as well. The only negative thing I found about this dry shampoo is that it stopped spraying towards the end of it. Thereโ€™s still around 1/5 of the product left in the bottle and it wonโ€™t get out. It is a bummer but the price tag was low when I bought it, so it was still worth it. * I would repurchase it if I could find it on sale again.

John Frieda Full Repair Strengthen + Restore Shampoo : John Friedaโ€™s shampoos really keep my hair non oily since I started using it. The smell of this one was nice and the product itself wasnโ€™t too heavy for my hair. The consistency is definitely on the lighter side. The shampoo does help to prevent split ends and dry hair, but itโ€™s not as effective as the conditioner of the same line. One thing I really like too about John Friedaโ€™s shampoos is that the packaging really allows you to squeeze until thereโ€™s not even a drop of product left. * Would repurchase in the future. Meanwhile, Iโ€™m using another line from John Frieda.

Nivea Creme Care Facial Cleansing Wipes (Sample) : The texture of these cleansing wipes was really interesting and felt super creamy. It was also very gentle for my sensible skin. However, it wasnโ€™t the best product for removing makeup. I could make it work on days where I wore next to nothing, but thatโ€™s about it. They also didnโ€™t dry out in the packaging, but the full size doesnโ€™t seem to have a plastic closure, which isnโ€™t ideal. * Would consider repurchasing only if it was super cheap, to clean my face.

The Face Shop Real Nature Red Ginseng Face Mask : Made my skin feel relaxed and hydrated. It does have anti-aging properties but I would have to use it more often to testify it. However this mask had a strong smell and the serum was a brownish color, which was a bit messy. The scent was a bit overwhelming for my taste, so itโ€™s not a mask I would use all the time. * Would probably repurchase in the future when thereโ€™s a sheet mask promotion.

The Face Shop Real Nature Longan Face Mask : A new product to me, it was a really great mask for hydrating my skin. It wasnโ€™t too heavy duty for my combination skin and it did sink in quite fast. I didnโ€™t get an excess of sebum after using it unlike some other nourishing masks. The smell was also pleasant and the mask was a great fit for my face. However, it is a mask that would be better for me to use during colder months for optimal results. * Will repurchase to use during winter.

MAC Cosmetics Toledo Modern Twist Lash in Vinyl : Really nice brush with an unique shape. It was a bit big but I found that it grabbed all my lashes pretty easily. What I liked the most about that mascara was that it gave both volume and length to my lashes without being clumpy. It didnโ€™t smudge as well and dried out quite fast. However, I feel like it did dry out faster in the tube than some other mascaras I own. * Would absolutely repurchase if they brought this formula back for another collection.  

Nope

Spoiler

Sephora Collection Algae Face Mask : Left this sheet mask on my face until it was completely dry and the serum was all absorbed by my skin. However, it left my skin extremely oily after using, especially my forehead. It didnโ€™t have any purifying properties as claimed and made my skin a bit itchy as well. The only thing I enjoyed was the sheet mask shape and that it did stick to my face really well, but thatโ€™s it. Too pricey and was a total disaster on my skin. * Will not repurchase, I may try the other masks from this line in the future to see if they are any better.

Wow that is impressive! I need to set a number goal for myself for 2017. Do you keep track on paper at the end of each month or right after you use something? With my luck, DH would throw something out on me like soap ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL

Anonymous Insider

I'm working on my cotton lemonade lotion right now and I get so many compliments on it. 

That sounds awesome.  I wish I'd set a # goal for myself.  Also nice job with the detailed reviews.  I have to say, I'm having a hard time imagining cotton and lemonade together as a fragrance!

Thank you @kelloua ! ๐Ÿ˜„

I feel like setting goals with numbers really helped me to go through my stuff. I started with smaller goals as I used to be really bad at finishing my products ๐Ÿ˜› 

As for the fragrance, it really was a nice one. Unexpected duos can do wonders ๐Ÿ˜„

more september empties!

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 6.34.02 PM.png

stand outs are the girls with curls stuff, bioderma wipes, hourglass powder,  maybelline concealer and of course fix +

i know i'm in the minority here but i really didn't like the covergirl mascara!

testing