Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I love that you came out of lurkdom.  I always enjoy when people said they used to just read this thread and now also post.  Great first post!  I love that Oribe spray.

I spy a Birchbox subscriber. They send so many goodies.

Haha...you are right!  I love trying everything they send!

I love that Oribe spray too!

I know, right?!  I didn't think I needed anything like it because my hair is very thick and very curly naturally, but I love using it when I straighten and curl my hair.  Plus I think it smells amazing!!!

All these are from since I moved in late February.

loves and Holy Grails

20160506_123722.jpg

20160506_123803.jpg

not for me

20160506_123828.jpg

I love both of the wipes in your like column and have yet to try the ones in your love column. Really looking forward to it now. Hoping OH does the big gift bag for Independence Day again.

I'll be super bummed if they don't.  I basically shop there for the July 4th one they do and the black friday one.  I love all their wipes.  I've since tried to cheap out and try some Say Yes to Coconuts wipes and they were just not the same.

I have not partaken yet, reluctantly, but I told myself I would this year either Independence Day or Black Friday. 

This is awesome.  Looks like you did a lot of damage, especially on foils.  I spy a lot of things in there I really love.

Nothing I really didn't enjoy this month!  

Spoiler
loves
the micro delivery wash from philosophy has been in my wash rotation for years
amika dry shampoo smells great, but a little pricey for how much I go through
better than sex mascara- my favourite thus far
bumble and bumble hairdressers oil primer. Love this stuff, lightweight, smells great, makes my hair soft
alterna cc creme - great for my dry ends, there's enough promos for this I never pay for it!
batiste dry shampoo - my everyday or every other day dry shampoo

coconut milk shampoo and conditioner - would buy again, it's good but not amazing
smashbox primer water - I'm not sure about how much this primes or sets but it feels nice.
fresh eye makeup remover- nice but I'm not super picky about remover so long as it removes
smashbox primer oil- was nice in the winter with drier weather
pixi colour corrector- nice but I'll still looking for something better
MUFE setting spray - nice but not as good as urban decay
sephora sleeping mask- nice but nothing groundbreaking

meh...
sephora bronzer-- this is years old, I don't really wear shimmer bronzer these days but I remember liking it well enough when I used it more often
nail polish remover... I usually buy whatever is at the drug store, this worked but again, nothing to get excited about.

image.jpeg

Sounds like a really good month.  What do you like about the Bb Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer?  I have a sample hanging around, but haven't tried it yet.

I've been putting off trying that Alterna CC sample long enough. Glad you love it. Will finally try it soon.

I know.  Me too.  I have a lot of what seem like really good hair samples but I'm pretty set in my styling routine so I rarely get to them unless I'm traveling.

@notcreative, @kelloua  I'm can be kind of rough with my hair. I know that some things I do aren't good ideas.... But I do brush from wet every other day or more, I have bleached peakaboo purple highlights, a head full of my 'natural' colour, I blow dry or flat iron at least twice a week, and I wear my hair up daily for work.

I find that if I use the primer right out of the shower it's much easier to brush.  I have dry ends and greasy roots so I tend to concentrate the spray at my ends and brush throughout.  It makes my hair less frizzy and more soft/smooth.  I also love the scent and that it doesn't get greasy if I over apply.  

The alterna CC creme I use only on my ends.  It's helped slow down the speed at which my split ends return after a trim and makes the overall look of my hair less 'frayed'.  

Ive just started into mid/higher range hair care over the last year or two more consistently and can't believe the difference it's made!

IMG_4263.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler
  • Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper *the hype is real on this and I've already purchased the full size. Great Sephora Play! find 😄 
  • Essence waterproof eye pencil 
  • Angels on Bare Skin cleanser - holy grail, already repurchased. 
  • Oatifx face mask. Great mask to hydrate skin and it also smells like banana bread! 😄
  • Celebrate hand and body lotion - SO SAD THIS IS ONLY SEASONAL 😞
  • May Coop Raw Sauce - holy grail, already repruchased. 
  • Dr. Coopers Miracle Repair Serum - great stuff, great ingredients at a great price. 

Neutral:

Spoiler
    Erborian Crème Scrub Beautifying Exfoliating Pearls - It was okay. Non-irritating and smooth. Nothing life-changing though. 

Hates:

• Spoiler
    Clinique Super Antioxidant Night Moisturizer - this stuff sucks. Despite being marketed as lightweight, it is extremely thick. It also NEVER sinks into your skin so you look like a greased bowling ball for eternity. I just used it up cuz it was expensive. Never again. 

Really want to try the May Coop and Angels on Bare Skin.

I had a sample and finally tried it and really loved it! Will be buying soon

The May coop is on my to try list once I get through the three full sized toners I have lined up.

I LOVE Angels on Bare Skin!!!

Great job on the empties.  It looks like you made it through a lot of big products.  I too really love Celebrate and wish it wasn't seasonal.  I hoarded my second container for so long because I didn't want to be out of it and just realized that I held onto it so long it is now expired.  Oops.  Like it so much I'll take a chance!

I also have May Coop Raw Sauce waiting for me.  Can't wait to try it.  Have seen so many rave views.

testing