Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I always write mini reviews on every single product. On these, I wrote 4183 words. My detail scares some people. That is way too much to copy and paste. I will copy and paste any specific product you're curious on though.

This is one of my favorite threads, so I definitely think you'll have fun. It feels good to use things up, especially samples, because my husband always teases that I have too many. Now, I just need to use and gift more than I bring in. 

I love detailed reviews, doesn't scare me haha! But I see your comment below about when you copy and paste, this annoys me too.  I try to do that and get error messages.  I just go read the reviews on your blog for the items. 😉

I am going to try and do this.  I think it will feel good to see all the stuff i've used, especially all the GWP and samples I have. 

I am going to put them in category spoilers, so people who do not see them there can see them here. I was going to do this last night, but I ended up getting sidetracked. About to do it now. It will be two different posts, which is annoying, but it is the only way I can get them to fit.

The samples are the best to see used up, because they do not cost anything. When I use up a full-size item I paid for, it is a little bittersweet. 

yeah when I use up samples I am happy!!  They are free! Plus I have so many and when I recently when through my stash, I was checking for some that had expiration dates and sadly I had to throw some out because they expired.  So now I am going to try to make a spreadsheet to keep track.

I started a spreadsheet that lists expiration dates (if they have some). It helps a little. I review the spreadsheet once a month (it has over 1100 items on it). If something is getting close to expiring, I pull it out for self-use or give it away. It helps prevent waste.

I personally love the detailed reviews!  I hide mine with spoilers so I figure it clutters up the thread less, but they are still there if someone is interested.  To me it's just as helpful to know why someone liked or didn't like something as it is to know whether or not they liked it because it's clear from reading these threads that people have different preferences and sometimes if there is a texture or scent someone dislikes I might like it and vice versa.

I used to post them in spoilers here pre blog. My reviews are even more detailed now. Every single time I've tried to copy and paste, it either does not format well (BT formatting stinks) or it does not take at all. It is way too much info to copy and paste.

I get a pop up saying it cannot exceed 20,000 characters. 4183 words can get to 20,000 characters fast with spaces, punctuation and most words averaging over 5 letters. If people do not mind them being a mess (after spending hours typing them, I do not want to spend extra time formatting them here as well), I guess I could split them into multiple posts.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 10.53.48 PM.png

My comments are detailed too, but honestly I think that's SUPER helpful as someone thinking about buying a new product.

I love your details! Sometimes I skip around if there are products I know I'm not interested in but I generally read over all of your little reviews. It's such a good way to get ideas of new things to try.

Thanks. I love detailed reviews for the same reason and also skip over the ones I am not interested in. I really enjoy the back and forth when people ask questions, too, because someone else can chime in on their experience with the product. Then, you get a great picture.

Me, too! I've learned so much in the few months I've been here, mostly because everyone is very generous with their time and happy to share knowledge and experience.

Anonymous Insider

Considering that I hoarded these for three months, my empties are pathetic. But here they are:

Everything on the left is loves, and everything on the right is likes. There was nothing I didn't like. I know there's nothing here that's new or interesting, but if you see something that you want me to share my opinion on, please ask.

IMG_20151201_201430.jpg

I think this is a good lot of empties!  I would definitely not call these pathetic at all.  It reminds me that I've been meaning to try that Bb Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer Sample but I have SO many styling products it's a little overwhelming to think of including another thing.

Anonymous Insider

I tried the whole line, and it's really good. Just finished another sample of the primer. I hate spending this much money on hair products, but I think I might get this line. It's really good. Makes my hair very soft and manageable:)

I'm really impressed by the super-empty lip gloss (?) next to the Sugar. You really got it all out! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I tried 😄

I am impressed that you did not have a single dislike in three months. That's awesome.

I was thinking the same thing!  I try to sample my FS products before buying them so most of the time my FS products are loves.  But with foils and deluxe samples it can be hit or miss.

Anonymous Insider

You're right, and I do the same thing with researching everything, even deluxe samples. I usually get things that I have a reason to believe I will like. 🙂 I rarely dislike beauty products. As i said, I'm not picky.

Anonymous Insider

I can't believe it bleeped s perm 😄

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I'm not that hard to please, actually. Haha. I was thinking about it and I can only remember two things over the past year I truly and passionately hated: hope in a jar night (balled up, didn't sink in) and eve lom's cleanser, which my husband said smelled like whale **bleep** (yup!), and I didn't like how greasy and pointless it was as a cleanser. 

2 Replies
testing