Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I am not too far behind you, I only have about 15% of one of my Tom Ford full size lipsticks left. 🙂 

Ahhh, a whole lipstick, and Tom Ford at that. That's dedication.

And the Korres rose facial did the same to me. The rose smell also made me feel ill. It was so cloying.

Right?! and I love rose scents! This one is just odd. And SO strong. 

A whole TF lipstick?!

Very impressive

Yep, Indian Rose is one I constantly wore! And I reapply regularly during the day. By the end it was pretty much useless as I was scraping product out. And I hate using a lip brush so I'm relieved it's gone! 

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6735.jpg

LOVE: Tony Moly masks (especially aloe vera), Glow by Dr. Brandt, PTR anti-aging cleansing gel, UD All Nighter setting spray.

HATE: When masks, Dr. Brandt DNA firming cream, ABH Beauty Genius clear brow gel, Korres Black Pine and Wild Rose creams

I'm also sending my Smashbox Master Palette (II? I think) to makeup heaven. I don't use it much anymore, prefer other brands' shadows, and the plastic palette is beginning to crack apart from the cardboard case. 😞

Awesome empties.  I too am trying to be better about disposing of old things that aren't getting any love and where I know they are unlikely to get any love in the future.  This month I didn't have as many empties as in past months so it was a good excuse to purge a few things.  Now I just need to stop traveling so I can get back home to photograph and post.

Everyone used a lot of sheet masks this month. I am so cheap (so I do not buy sheet masks often), but I need to pamper myself more.

Let's say a few words to the dearly departed palette. Rest in Peace. You did your best.

Before BT I had NO idea what a sheet mask was and for the first while I saw people wearing them here I didn't get them.  I've definitely been using them more but I agree with you, I'm not sure the value is there for me.  That said I was really tempted to buy from BioRepublic during their Cyber Monday deals but I had to remind myself that while I like them I don't love them.  Part of it is because I find the whole experience of wearing a sheet mask a little awkward.  I can never seem to get it to lay as flat on my face as others do and it seems that if I move around too much it starts sliding or moving.

I bought a ton of masks during the F&F sale and tried to use as many as possible to figure out if I wanted to buy them again during the holiday sale. The only ones I'll repurchase are Tony Moly.

That makes sense. I bought a lipstick during the employee appreciation (my first Audacious). I kept saying I would try it before each upcoming sale came. Still have not tried it, but I plan to either tomorrow or Thursday. 

Try more masks! Join the TSB!

I think that is where I saw that cute lip mask (although I am not sure). I ended up buying it just so I can try it out (can't wait for it to arrive). It is going right on. I actually have about 15 masks headed to me and look forward to trying them all.

I did not even think of joining the TSB, because I only want to join a TSB if I have something good to contribute. I have very few sheet masks and most of my applied masks are the ones everyone already has (GlamGlow and the like).

Rest in Peace Master Class II

It went all the way to London with me and served me well for a while.

What didn't you like about the ABH brow gel?

It was difficult to apply (it's a spatula instead of a spoolie). It was easy to over apply and then my brows looked wet for the rest of the day, like over-geled hair. It also didn't take care of a few flyaway brow hairs. My brows are pretty well-behaved, but there are some rebels. ABH did nothing to quash the brow rebellion.

ETA: See below for my idiocy. 😉

Is that a new thing?! Mine has a spoolie...

That is weird - the DS size has a spoolie! I agree it is easy to over apply though - I have to scrape it along the top to get some of the extra off. 

Ahahaha, oh boy. Guys, I may have solved the mystery of why my product sucked so badly. It's not for brows! 

This is what I bought:

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-genius-clear-waterproofing-gel-P384062?skuId=1578731

"What it does: This gel ensures powder makeup, including loose pigments, shadows, micas, and glitter, stay put."

So, like some cross between a shadow primer and a setting spray. But not a brow gel.

Well, I'm an idiot. It's already been tossed in the recycle bin and collected, so there's no salvaging it. That's OK. I didn't need an ABH glitter glue anyway. 

I am now tempted to try the proper ABH brow gel. Hmmm ...

Oh my goodness.  I would have thought this was brow gel too!!

17 Replies
testing