Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nope not rude! You aren't the only one, I throw things out right away.  Maybe try tossing it in a box like sofjia recommended? I'm going to try it.

Okay, you try it and report back. 😄

update so far: no good lol!

I have a big ol' sephora box (nonetheless!) sitting in a corner of my room that I toss them all in, and I watch my pile grow >:] its oddly satisfying, its toppling over now and pretty soon I get to empty it because I will be moving and I don't want to move trash with me XD it has over 8 months worth of empties in it o.O

I know what you mean.  I find it weirdly satisfying to see my bin fill up as the month progresses and to empty it out at the end of the month.

Holy moly. That's dedication!

It was necessary! I had waaaaay too many products X) and I find it easier to dial back on spending when I see how much I had accrued in a short time every single day.

Very smart. This is why I moved my entire beauty stash into clear organizer drawers out in the open. I don't spend nearly as much as I used to, and I'm constantly paring down what I have.

Oh yes having it out of sight was not helping me either X) I have all of my stuff sitting on top of my dresser now.

I'm an on-again off-again saver.  Currently in "on" mode because I started feeling guilty regarding my intake vs. outtake ratio.  Like many others keeping my empties is a good motivator to use what I have.  I just keep a box around to throw things in when they're done.  It's not much different from throwing them in trash or recycling.  My problem is always figuring out where to keep the stupid box!

That would be exactly my problem. I live in a tiny studio apartment, so throwing anything out feels especially good due to the limited space. 😄

No worries, Gwen, that's not rude at all!  Actually I keep a small box in my bathroom.  Every time I finish something I throw it in there and at the end of the month I take them all out and photograph them.  Then I toss them out.  Actually it's kinda fun because I throw a bunch of stuff out all at once.

That makes some sense. A box at least would make it look neater. I'm trying to devise a way to jump on this and participate, but I'm not sure I'll be able to yet.

A bit delayed, but here are my July and August empties:

FullSizeRender.jpg

The Best (will repurchase/have already purchased):

• Batiste Dry Shampoo
  • Cetaphil cleanser
  • ABH brow gel
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast
  • Lush Grease Lightning
  • Supergoop CC Cream
  • Garnier gel moisturizer
  • Commodity Gold
  • Liz Earle Eyebright
  • Bare Minerals Blemish Therapy

I enjoyed using everything else with the exception of the Supergoop eye cream which was just ok, and the Rimmel/Lancome mascaras that I wouldn't repurchase.

Great empties.

Thank you! 🙂

My reviews are way too long for BT, so let me know if you're curious on anything.

May

Empties May 2015.jpg

June

Empties June 2015.jpg

July

July 2015 Empties.jpg

July 2015 Empties 2.jpg

August

August 2015 Empties.jpg

Was May your "use all my lippie samples" month?

May was just the month I tossed them. I started opening them in November or December. The only ones I used past February were the 2-3 pods that had not been opened yet. I think I had 1 Estee Lauder pod that was still unopened in May. After I used it, every pod was officially opened, so I tossed them all. 

My germ factor is pretty high, so I am only willing to use a pod for a short period of time once it is opened and I am very careful about only opening one pod at a time. A 4 pod pack can last me a long time if I only wear 1-2 colors a week.

I was going to say, those pods last me a really long time.  I like them for traveling since I can play with multiple colors without having to lug along as much lipstick and gloss.  I've been trying to use them to the bottom but lost a few before they got to empty.

I usually wear very little makeup when I travel, but I did take some of these with me on my last long trip. I took 4 mini trips this year, but I did not take any lipstick on 3 of them and specifically took lipsticks I needed to review for my blog on the most recent trip. No need to save these.

testing