Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

To be fair, I had them for 2-3 years. About the mask, I think it's OK, but you could get similar benefits with really good quality honey. That's what it feels like on your skin, actually. Like thick, sticky honey. I just don't get why it's 61 bucks for a 50ml jar. Haha

I agree on the Erborian mask - it was meh. Not horrible, but didn't really do anything for me. I have other masks I like much better and will pass on this one. 

I also agree. It just felt very thick and sticky. I don't feel like it did anything for my skin 

Ewww.  I don't know that I would have picked up on that from the description at all.  LOL>

image.jpg

Loves: Shiseido Facial Cotton, Bliss soap, Moroccanoil, Tatcha Cleansing Oil, Belif Aqua Bomb (will purchase full size), Lancome Definicils, Clinique Sunscreen

Indifferent: Boscia Black Mask, Boscia Black Cleanser, Boscia Cleansing Oil

Hate: Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm - this stuff...was so disgusting. The texture was like rubbing Vaseline all over my face, the smell was awful, and it did not take off my makeup. Just awful. 

I got a sample of the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm and I loved it!! I used it right before I showered, my face felt so moisturized and it removed all my mascara too

I don't know why I hated it so much - but it totally turned me off to the brand and I just refuse to try anything else! The experience was awful. 

Great empties Inum and pretty rug too!

I don't want to sound rude but I am just genuinely curious: How do you ladies manage to save your empties? The second I finish something (and even in the last few uses leading up to empty), I am so giddy about being able to toss it. There's no way I could make myself save stuff for photographing each month. 😄

I keep my empties in a Sephora bag and the main reason was because I keep a spreadsheet of all my products and usually once a month I'll gather them up and update it. I only recently started taking pics because I now post them here as well as my blog.

I have a paper tote bag (currently one from Lush) on the floor of my closet.  I toss everything in there.  Large items (looking at you conditioner) I just stand up next to the bag.  If I had to look at everything I wouldn't save it!

I have a basket under one of my bathroom sinks.  Every time I finish something I pitch it in vs. throwing it in the trash.  I also keep a baggie with me when I travel.

I keep mine in one of those Sephora totes we got during the VIB sales last year. I don't allow myself to buy any products until I fill up the bag! I had way too many similar opened products that were cluttering up my room so it's kind of like an incentive to help me finish half used products. Plus I just recycle all of the empty containers at once 🙂

In a small storage bin that is opaque so I can't see them. Within it, I keep a notebook of reviews of all the empties Ive had prior to photographing and tossing them.

Nice! That is well organized and thorough. I don't think I could be bothered to take the time keeping a notebook reviewing each item. I rarely even remember to review products I love and use regularly.

Anonymous Insider

I keep a plastic bin under my sink that holds my empties. I only keep and try the samples I want and am curious about. Others go to my sister and mom every time I see them. Keeps clutter to a minimum. 

Yup, I'm the same with samples. I send the rest out in TSBs and trades.

I keep a bag under the bathroom sink.  That way, no one has to look at my trash, and it's easy to toss stuff in there when I'm done.  

Same. I have OCD, so I could not handle it if it was in view. Out of sight, out of mind. If I can do it, anyone can. My OCD is almost As Good as it Gets bad.

That makes sense too. Maybe I'll try this whenever I move to a larger space... It would be nice to keep track of what I have tried and what I have liked vs. not liked. I keep a pretty good mental list of these things, but pictures might make it easier.

I refer back to the old pictures all the time, so the record helps. Writing a mini review on each item also helps me remember what I thought of it. Sometimes, I cannot even remember what I thought of something (unless I loved or hated it). At times, I forget I even tried something. Then, I see it in an old picture, old thread entry, or old blog post and my memory is refreshed. It helps. Plus, getting someone's opinion after they finished it is better than when they've first bought it. Feelings can change over time. 

testing