Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thanks for the message about this.  It definitely seems so helpful and like you said, perfect for making sure you don't have dupes.  I just got done swatching most of my polishes on swatch sticks this past weekend so this sounds like something I may have to attempt once I have some time free.  I have a feeling it's going to reveal just how much I already have in my stash in that it's a lot to go through.

WOW TWO foundations! That's impressive! Any particular stand outs from all these skin care products?

I just finished 1 foundation and the other one was months ago 🙂

Some stand outs for me were the Shiseido eye masks (I already bought a full size box), Shiseido facial toner, belif moisturizer, Tarte eye cream and of course all the Algenist products.

I actually been debating on the Tarte eye cream! I think your input is the final push I needed 🙂

Anonymous Insider

a nail polish bottle broke in my makeup bag while I was flying, destroying my favorite bag. It's the blue one you can see in the photo. It got all over everything 😢

Loves:

Clinique even better makeup in alabaster

Marc Jacobs mini lipstick (100 pt one, don't remember the color)

Origins checks and balances

Tarte amazonian clay blush sample in fearless

Buxom lash mascara

Everything else was disappointing or not that great. I tried to use up as much stuff as possible because I just moved to a different country and didn't want to carry all this stuff with me 😊

IMG_20150629_152853.jpg

Oh no!  That's terrible and the kind of thing that would so happen to me so I can definitely relate.  Sorry about your bag.  Have the Buxom mascara on today.  I also really wanted to love checks and balances but for some reason it seems to dry out my skin.

Anonymous Insider

image.jpg

Loves

ole power peel

ren mask

hourglass mineral veil

benton steam cream

deva curl styling cream

evrything else was ok. Good not great. The only dislike was the Lancôme moisturizer. Overly fragranced.

So many good empties!  We share a lot of similar loves.  I'm also very into that Devacurl styling cream, the ole power peel and the hourglass mineral veil.

I love looking at these and haul threads! 

Something i've noticed though is very few of you seem to cut tubes open... there can be a small goldmine that doesn't squeeze out 😉

I cut tubes open only if I REALLY love the product. I also usually cut foil samples and squeeze whatever is there into an empty jar 🙂

Ok so here are my empties for the month of June. One note about some overlap or repeats, I have a tendency of leaving products unfinished and then moving on to new ones so this was my month to finish as much as possible

IMG_0455.JPG

Excellent
FS MDSolarScience SPF 50 Mineral Creme 
DS Radical Exfoliating Pads
FS Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
FS Jack Black Shea Butter Lip Balm SPF 25
DS Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

Good
Foil Clinique Custom Smart Serum
Foil Clinique 3 Step system 
       Liquid Facial Soap x2
      Clarifying Lotion 2 x1
      Clarifying Lotion 3 x1
      Dramatically Different Gel x1
      Dramticically Different Lotion x1 (this one was super heavy but with the system it was good)
Foil Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Eye balm x2
DS Flowerbomb Victor and Rolf Shower Gel
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Cleanser
Foil Josie Maran Argan Exfoliating Powder
Foils Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo
Store Sample PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
Sample Tom Ford Oud Wood
Sample Marc Jacobs Daisy
DS SK-II Cellumination Cream

Terrible
Foil Tarteguard SPF 30 x2 - waaay too heavy for my normal-combination skin in the summer, plus the % of actives is quite low
Foil Paula's Choice Pore Refining Treatment 2% BHA x 5- this is supposed to have additional anti-aging properties but did nothing but maybe even trigger acne
DS Paula's Choice Clear 2% BHA - this is supposed to be more acidic and I could definitly see more coming off my t-zone but it broke me out quite a bit
Foil Kielh's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot solution - didn't see any different but only got about 3 uses

Not pictured (Forgot to keep or shower items I didnt want to bother keeping)

Foil DHC Cleansing Oil - Excellent
L'occitane Lavender Bar Soap - Excellent
Colgrate Prevident 5000 Booster Plus - Excellent
ACT Braces Care Mouthwash - Excellent

Dr Bronners Lavender Bar soap (for makeup brushes) - Good but disliked for beautyblender
FS L'Occitane Shea hand cream - Good
FS Caress body wash passionate spell - Good
FS Ion Repair Solutions Conditioner - 20oz - Good

Gucci Guilty sample - Terrible
Armani Si - Terrible
Living Proof Curl Conditioning Wash sample - Terrible

Loofah

Great job!  I know what you mean about moving on to new products before you've finished what's already in your stash.  That used to be my problem as well.  These empties threads have definitely made it more appealing to use up what I have first before moving onto something new.  Having 1/2 finished products I didn't really love has also been a good reminder to do more research and sampling before buying things vs. shopping more impassively as well as returning things that really, really aren't working out.  I still don't do the latter very often but having something taking up drawer space that isn't working for me isn't doing me any good.  

I have always had this major problem with finishing things. I hate for things to come to an end. I have like no empties yet.

I feel like I used to feel that way but then I realized that for many items I have many different types and colors and that I can just repurchase as needed.  Obviously it's tougher with LE or hard to find items, those I would be likely to use more slowly but I guess I don't really have very many.

I will eventually get caught up to the rest of you.  In the meantime, here are my March empties.

March 2015 Empties .jpg

Spoiler

Loved

SoftSoap Kitchen Fresh Hands

Ulta Beauty Smoothie Yumberry

The Body Shop Chocomania

Sensodyne Pronamel

Ulta Regular Nail Polish Remover Pad

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask

It's a 10 Leave In Conditioner

H2o+ Targeted Care Hand Cream

Neo to Go

Lancome L'Extrait Eye Cream

Creme de la Mer Soft Creme

Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush Head

Willing to Try Again

Julep Bare Body Milk

Renewed Hope in a Jar

Babo Botanicals Moisturizing Baby Lotion

Bliss Multi-Face Etched Mask

Gilchrist and Soames Aloe Vera Soap

Nick Chavez Yucca Root Conditioner

Crest Toothpaste

H2o+ Grapefruit Bergamot Shampoo

Tresemme Shampoo

Asprey Shower Gel

Asprey Shampoo

Asprey Conditioner

Eurcerin Calming Lotion

OPI Nail Polish Remover

Thann Body Lotion

Not For Me

Julep Pedi Mint

Aroma Actives Body Lotion

Gilchrist and Soames Body Lotion

Gilchrist and Soames Shampoo and Conditioner Combo

XPress Spa Hand Therapy

Nice empties!  Chocomania sounds delicious!

It smelled delicious.  I actually wondered if they discontinued it, because people got sick when they ate it.

Ok, weird specific question - what kind of polish were you removing with the ULTA polish remover pad?  I love the idea of these pads but I feel like most brands I've tried only remove really easy one coat polish jobs, so I'm curious to see if these are better.

I'm sorry you didn't like the Pedi Mint! Do you have another product you like better or are you searching for something?

Not weird at all.  Although, I do not remember which specific polish I removed with this one (it was over 3 months ago), I have used one of these pads in the past to remove a glitter polish (cannot remember which glitter polish either).  It worked well.  My entire review is 2284 words, so I did not want to post my review on everything here, but I will spot post items people are interested in.  Here is the one for the pad:

"This thing is large and in charge. One extremely wet wipe removed all of my polish. I did not need a Q-tip to clean up afterward either.  It even removes glitter polish."

I love June Jacobs Peppermint hand and foot cream.  It is $40 per 3.9oz, so a little over $10 an ounce.  My search is to find something more affordable.  Still looking!  My hands and feet are extremely dry, so I need way more moisture than the average person.  My hands and feet are so dry they rarely sweat barring intense exercise or extreme heat.

And here are mine:

IMG_2217.JPG

Loves

L'occitane body lotion

Dislikes

C Booth dry oil

Hanae Mori body lotion

Others are neutral 🙂

Wow!  Impressed with the polish empties, even if they are base and top coats.  I'm not sure I've ever finished a polish!

1 Reply
testing