Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I started using all three of these at about the same time eight months ago. My skin was extremely sensitive and I had mild rosacea. The gel definitely helped to calm my skin. Even now, when I recently had a bit of an angry-skin flare up on my neck (after starting Tretinoin and bringing it down to my neck when I shouldn't have... at least not as quickly or as often as I did), this calmed it right down and helped it heal. I also use it as my main moisturizer during the summer months.

Love Missha night repair!

I"ve been trying really hard to use up foils and deluxe samples from my large stash of samples.

This past week I finished using:

• Deluxe sample size Algenist Firming and Lifting cream
  • Deluxe sample size Algenist Overnight Restorative cream
  • Contact Solution
  • Nars deluze sample eye primer
  • KVD sample tatoo liner
  • YSL Babydoll mascara deluxe sample size.
  • 10 various foils/store made samples--can't remember--shisedio ibuki, lemon peel mask, glam glow (white one) etc.

Loved it all

I have opened up more of the same deluxe samples to continue using. (Except for the YSL baby doll as I am trying to finish my full size Guerlain Maxi Lash this month)

I love the YSL Baby Doll mascara. I stock up whenever there are promos.

Love empties - Love Babydoll - Love Maxi Lash! hehe 🙂

I started collecting my empties but never got around to posting them (well…I finish products reeeaaally slowly too). So this is over half a year (ish) worth of empties.

image.jpg

Will repurchase again

Roc Soleil Protexion lip balm

Nars eye primer (sample)

L’occitane almond shower oil (sample): already bought!

Aveeno baby lotion: I had a horrific reaction to an Ole Henriksen moisturizer (my face was red and swollen looking), nothing else but this smoothed it

Sephora color-proof eyeliner: love! Bought many many backups of it, my favorite navy eyeliner

Covergirl professional super thick lashes mascara: Love, but it’s reformulated now, and I have yet to test the new version

Maybelline color tattoo (tough as taupe): love this color, it’s old now so I shall get a new one!

L’occitane shea butter hand lotion (sample): have lots and lots of back ups in all sizes!

Caudalie vinosource moisture recovery cream (sample)

Lancome bi-facil(sample): always have backups

Glycerin: I use dr. bronner’s castile soap for hand soap and add glycerin to it

La Roche-Posay Toleriane ultra x2: my HG moisturizer! Have 2 backup bottles!

Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment with avocado (foil x3)

Paula’s Choice 2% BHA lotion: loved this lotion!

Laura Mercier radiance primer: already bought!

Really liked but-there-are-other-things-I-want-to-try-but-may-come-back-to-it

NYX HD concealer**

MUFE Face & Body foundation (it’s got about 20% left but it’s 2 years old)**

Dior Lip Glow

Fasio volumizing mascara: bought this in Japan…so even though it’s good, chances of repurchase isn’t that high anytime soon

Dior lash serum: this is my second one, but my new Kate lash primer from Japan (half the price!) is looking very very very promising

Bobbi Brown corrector: took me ages to finish! Okay, there’s still a little left on the rim but you-know-what, I consider that doooone!

Korres milk protein cleanser (sample)

Kiehl’s ultra facial cleanser (sample)

Klorane dry shampoo (travel size)

Jack Black lip balm

Mentholatum lipice lipbalm

Caudalie cleansing water

Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate

Clarins daily energizer cream: this is my second one, but I decided to switch away from jar packaging

Essencia rose water: it’s actually kinda hard to find a rose water toner that’s just rose water (with no additives) and not water + rose essence

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (foil)

Suzuran cotton pads (x4): nothing special but gets the job done

It was okay

MUFE HD concealer

Benefit total moisture face cream (foil)

Marc Jacob genius gel + remedy concealer pen (foil): nothing amazing

Bioderma Atoderm nutritive cream: really emollient but too thick feeling

Dior Diorshow extase mascara (sample): smudged a little

Lancome Cils Booster XL (sample)

Maybelline dream lumi: bought a long time ago, and it’s old now**

Hourglass veil: don’t seem to make a difference on me, prefer a more luminous base

Maybelline color tattoo (bad to the bronze): very dupable in twist up pencil form (which I prefer more)

Ren Hydra-calm day cream (sample+foil)

Vichy purete thermal micellar solution: I didn’t care for the fragrance

The Body Shop rainforest volumizing shampoo

Didn’t work for me

Tarte energy lipsurgence (sample)*

Guerlain maxi lash

Marcelle lengthening & curling mascara*

Korres milk protein moisturizer (sample)

Clarins HydraQuench cream (sample)

Covergirl Clump Crusher: didn’t do anything for my lashes

Maybelline color tattoo (electric blue): patcheyyyyy*

Caudalie gentle cleansing milk: it didn’t do anything other than leave a film!*

*not fully finished but it didn’t work so I don’t want to finish it!

**it’s really old and I am starting to get concerned whether it safe to use!

I am impressed with how much makeup you've finished.  Even in 6 months, I do not finish that much.  I love you asterisk table.  

The L’occitane almond scent is so addicting. 🙂

Yes, try more Bright Eyes.  You will love it.

Does it cause a serious tingle/minor burning sensation on anyone else? I tried a sample and wiped it off prematurely because the stinging made me worried that my skin was reacting to it. Now I'm wondering if it's worth giving it another try...

It burns (nothing I cannot handle) on me for the first two minutes, so I am jealous TKLJ only tingles for a minute.  I think the burning is because it is a sensitive area and they are powerful ingredients.  While it can be hard at times to tell the difference between a reaction and a product tingling/burning as it works, I think this is the latter.  My eyes always look brighter and less puffy when I am done.  Beauty is pain, and these are painful.  

It tingles on me for about a minute. Since it's only on for three minutes, I power through and I do see reduction in dark circles and puffiness. FWIW, I wear contacts. However, maybe your eyes are more sensitive. I'd maybe try one more time, but if it still hurts, your eyes aren't worth messing around with.

Hmm I may try it once more. Worth a shot since so many people seem to love it and I haven't seen a similar product. I do want to try the PTR cucumber eye treatment that just came out though!

I agree, BrightMud is great! Go ask for another foil in store!

I wonder if I will ever call it BrightMud.  Maybe, in formal writing.  If the store has a sample and is willing to give it to her, yes, get another sample from them.

You're secretly a huge Conor Oberst fan who's infiltrated a makeup message board to help push his records. 

It's even a secret from me, because I have no clue who that is.

I am so uncool, so if he is a cool up and comer, it will take me a while to get him.

I had big plans in 2014 to keep track of my empties each month. Then the end of January came, February began, and I never quite got around to photographing them. Instead, I just kept collecting in the same big bag, so here's my 2014 collection of empties. I've finally just thrown out and recycled everything, but let me know if you have questions and I may be able to remember details on the product.

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

The whole disaster:

IMG_3417.JPG

*Bows*  This, here, is a thing of beauty!  

(There might be something wrong with me- I love looking at other people's trash!)

3 Replies
testing