Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

It destinked him.  Funniest thing I've read in a while.

At what age did you start him on normal (non baby/kid) products?  My oldest is almost 8 and has already expressed interest in Daddy's things (Mommy's too; he loves makeup).

🙂 destinking is a huge factor in my house!!!!  my son has an extremely high normal body temperature and so he sweats at the drop of a hat!!! he has used deodorant - more gentle ones at the beginning - since he was 6!!! he's used non kid lotions, soaps, and shampoo since about the same time.  

he, like me has curly hair so i just use the devacurl stuff in his hair!

Great post, Sparkle!

Anonymous Insider

Intriguing to see what worked for you and what you don't rate - excellent feedback! 🙂

It looks like you were able to scrape out some of the product from the bottom of the HG Mineral Veil. Can you share your technique? Mine is pretty much empty except that little bit at the bottom!

i tilted it on an angle over night!!! not all the way upside down but on a slight angle do that the product went on the sides!!!  that stuff is to expensive to waste!!!!

I know what you mean! This morning, I was trying to get what was left, and smacked it against my palm a few times, which seemed to work too haha. My palm did throb for a little bit, but it was still worth it. Your technique sounds way less painful!

i'm a wimp...i try to go with the pain free route!  plus at 5am when i'm getting ready i would possibly miss my hand and end up throwing it through the mirror

I don't remember if there's a little stopper there, but if there's, you can take it out and you'll be able to use every single drop of it 🙂 

I always love your empties posts. Your photos are always great, making trash look pretty! 🙂

Oh wow, I remember using those Candy Kisses lip balms when I was in high school!  I didn't even know they made them anymore.  Where did you get them?

i found them at a shoppers drug mart!  

Anonymous Insider

You know I always save my empty products for this thread to later toss them out because I have enough garbage around without having to purposely save it. LOL One of these days I'll have enough self control to store them somewhere and take a picture to put on here! But in the mean time I enjoy looking at all of your guys pics! :3

i keep one of those sephora vib bags under my vanity!  when i finish something i toss and forget about it til the end of the month

Anonymous Insider

That's an awesome idea! Thanks! I think I'll try that! 

and it's easy to hide when ppl come over and you don't want to look like a garbage collecting wack-a-doodle 🙂

I store mine under the bathroom sink.  Out of sight.  Out of mind.

Anonymous Insider

I'll have to start moving things to make room under there. lol I have a lot of stuff I'm not sure quite what to do with and where/how to store. I'll be moving in a couple of months anyway so I'm sure a lot of stuff will end up getting tossed so my packing ends up being lighter. 😉

I actually haven't finished ANY of my makeup.... I only finish moisturizer and face wash every few months. 

I feel like makeup is so difficult to use up. Especially if your constantly trying out new things. For me body care is the stuff I use up the most, then skincare followed by haircare. The only makeup items I actually use up are concealers and foundations but that's usually 3-4 products a year. If I actually use up a powder products such as eyeshadow or blush I would flip out. I'm not even close to pan on any of my blushes. Haha.

Other than small samples or foils, I never have either.

testing