I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
the ole system is really nice! I haven't been using them cause they're nicer and light in the summer but I got around twelve of the perk boxes and have been through three of them with much happiness! I have dry skin so a little extra moisturizer after the sheer transformation is needed.
another month gone!!!! here's november's empties!!!
- sephora brush wipes
- lancome labase pro
- mufe hd primer
- biore nose strip
- benefit they're real remover
- dr brant pores no more primer
- too faced chocolate soleil bronzer
- algenist eye balm
- algenist firming and lifting cream
- algenist firming and lifting serum
- algenist repairing oil
- clarins toning lotion
- benefit they're real remover
- pixi flawless primer
- diorshow mascara
- benefit they're real mascara
dried up before i could play
- korres eye primer
- glysomed hand cream
- anastasia brow whiz
- living proof perfect hair day 5 n 1 treatment
- korres shower gel
- sephora reveal lip balm
- nivea lip balm
- argan oil curl cream - too heavy for my fine hair but perfect for my sons thick curls
- johnson's body lotion
- evian facial mist
- marc anthony bye bye frizz - that big a bottle but only for one use?!?!
- amie facial wipes
- maybelline colossal volume
- benefit they're real mascara
- pur big look mascara
- teeez mascara
This is the first time I've ever saved any empties, but I'm on a mission to use up products in the next few months!!
Have already repurchased/will repurchase:
Origins Checks & Balances Face Wash - this is probably my 5th bottle, I love how it doesn't make my skin feel stripped
Lush It's Raining Men - I have the bar soap right now but I adore this scent
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - also probably my 5th bottle
Lancome Hypnose Mascara - I've probably gone through 10 tubes of this
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - 3rd bottle!
Dr. Dennis Gross Purifying Booster
Lush R&B - I've used this a few times, didn't finish this pot before it's expiration date
Fresh Rose Face Mask - this felt super nice but takes a lot of work to rinse off
Bamboo Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray - my hair's been breaking more than usual since I started using this, not really a great endorsement for the product
Body Shop Shea Shower Cream - good to shave with
Lush Dream Cream - I don't love the smell, but moisturizes well
Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster - I'm on the fence about this one
Dr Dennis Gross Furulic & Retinol Moisturizer - this is a really good moisturizer, there are just a couple I like better
Would not repurchase:
Murad Acne Body Wash - very expensive, doesn't really do much
Origins Modern Friction - I do like this and have used a couple tubes but have since found things I like better
Body Shop Shea Lip Treatment - sooooo gross
Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer - just a generic moisturizer to me, no scent which is the only bonus
Dr Dennis Gross All in One Cleansing Foam - left my skin a little too dry for my preference
Dior Hydra Life Eye Cream - this is not awesome, it has HA but that's about it
There is a Lush next to my new Sephora. I plan on exploring the brand a little more in 2015, because I love the only thing I've tried so far. It's Raining Men sounds like the perfect product to start with.
I finally finished a face mask!!! I finished Glamgow's Power Mud. Already have a backup (actually 2 because I bought it during their recent BOGO deal). I definitely love that stuff!!
Interesting, since I've been looking at buying a double pack containing Power Mud and Thirsty Mudd. What exactly does the power mud do for your skin? Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times before; I'm new to the brand ...
I have finally decided to retire my first Guerlain lipstick. I realized it's probably older that some of the people on BT and thus probably time to go. I haven't used it in ages (years) but it was my first 'posh' lipstick and held some sentimental value. It's a great red-brick colour that's probably fashionable again.
A few years ago (before I got back into makeup), I had to retire some really old Lancome and Estee Lauder lipsticks. I also had to let the custom one (my MUA artist made her own) that I got for my wedding go. That was so hard, because I loved the color. Some of my Lancome and Estee lippies were older than people on the boards, as well.
I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<
But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner , curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!
My September Empties:
- Redken Extreme Conditioner - makes my hair super silky. I've been working on this bottle for over 8 mo, and my hair hits low-mid back, so I love this size. Already have backups!
- Redken Align 12 Straightening lotion - I did like this product, but not as much as my Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. I wasn't crazy about the scent, but it did give my fine hair more substance vs Quick Slip. Quick Slip leaves my hair more silky. My 2nd day hair was a bit more greasy with Align 12 than usual but still doable.
- Onyx Professional Moisturizing Nail polish remover - very effective
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - use this as my casual day mascara or layer BTS or Perversion mascara on top for going out.
- Neutrogena makeup wipes - I think these have been in every empties picture so far...
- BBW Honolulu Sun and Perfect Beach Day
- UD 24/7 Liners in Perversion, West, and Demolition
- Studio 35 Beauty cotton rounds - eh, just ok. Not as soft as I was hoping. Better for nail polish removal vs applying toner.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I liked the scent, package was $4, and I got 4 weeks at 1x/wk use, so I think thats pretty good. Wouldn't say its the best hair mask out there, but definitely better than some others I've tried like Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment
- Bliss 24-'heaven' body butter - smell was slightly medicinal, and left my legs uber moisturized, almost greasy. If I crossed my legs in shorts/skirt, they would slide. Maybe better in the winter when my skin is dry.
- Clinique Superprimer - ok, I prefer HG Mineral Primer
- Dermadoctor KP duty - moisturizing, but can't tell if it reduced my KP after one use :/
- Ulta Enriched Nail polish remover - ok, not as good as Onyx
- Clinique Step 3 Clarifying Lotion - works ok, doesn't make me too dry if I use once a day. I think it's helped improve my skin. May try Murad's toner next to compare.
- Essie Good to Go top coat - Dries quickly so I can go about my day but chips within 2-3 days. And got kinda gunky, but I did have it for close to a year.
- BBW Oahu Coconut Sunset body wash - Like these body washes, coconut isn't my fav scent but I did enjoy it during the summer.
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer in Med Beige - I had this on my loves on another Empties post this summer but I decided I didn't like the texture so much. It covered acne/scars pretty well, but it is pretty thick and hard to make it look natural. May try Cover FX next.
- Dior Pore Minimizer - I don't like the silicone feel of this primer, similar to Smashbox's.
- Revealed 2 Mini Palette - colors didn't blend well, and were pink/maroon, which I know are in now, but doesn't look good with my skin tone.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination - not a fan
- TF Shadow Insurance - was looking forward to trying this and got it in a TSB but the foil was opened and dried out Guess I should've checked.
- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in dollface - ehh, wouldn't show up on my skin tone when applied lightly and then started to look clown-like when I tried to build it up.
- Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist mask - kept sliding off my face. Literally had to sit there for 15-20 min holding it on or looking straight ahead. Face wasn't dramatically different afterward, but may need to be repeated over time before seeing results. Pass due to difficulty with application.
- Freeman Facial Polishing Mask Charcoal and Black Sugar - I liked the idea of this mask, but my face would break out a bit after use. Maybe the mask was pulling the impurities to the surface, but I didn't see enough improvement to justify breakouts. Also, after a month or so of use, the lid wouldn't snap closed so it got waterlogged in my shower and was slimy and prob growing something so I chucked the remainder.
I love Dollface, but it is light. I can see it not showing initially on your beautiful skin tone.
I laughed at your description of your legs sliding, because I hate dry skin but also hate when the moisturizer never really "sets" and skin slides. I know exactly what you mean.
Some summer empties
Loved everything here!
These are mostly items i will always repurchase
Loved everything except that terrible brush, that l'oreal mascara(super hyped, had to see what the fuss was all about..not for me) and the Bobbi Brown eye make up remover.
I can't believe I finally finished a chapstick!
Also my beauty blender turned ugly and all moldy
A few more favorites! I can't believe I finished a lipgloss! A full size one too! Nars Belize is a my lips but better w/ sparkles lip gloss for me
Dermalogica eye cream w/ spf: A gwp from Ulta, it was only a freebie because it was almost expired -.- Really Ulta!
Wasn't a fan of that aquafresh toothpaste but was only thing I could find at the drugstore when I ran out of mine while in Mexico.
A glade candle that started off great but had no scent by the end.
Loved everything here (except the awful strong smell of the karuna mask but the mask is effective)! I don't use any cotton besides the shiseido on my face. The Ulta ones I use to apply my prescription ingrown solution to my legs and underarms.
That Clarins lotion is good I've used others but so far this is the best one to day.
I tried those asian cottons as dupes for my shiseido ones... Not a dupe at all. They were gentle but not plush like the shiseido ones.
I was going to buy those Sephora masks and put them away when the SA had no clue that ordering promos were available in the store. I had been wanting to try that Bliss body balm. Thanks to your review, I will hold off.
Dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner
Dove deep moisture body wash
Vita liberata pHenomenal 2-3 week tan lotion
Maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser treatment in brightener
UD All nighter makeup setting spray
Liked/ Just ok:
Glam glow brightmud eye treatment
Benefit big easy
Sephora 10hr perfection foundation medium
Bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream
Tory burch eau de parfum sample
Hourglass primer sample
Muji cut cotton pads
Clinique face scrub for men
Purity made simple mask
Murad wrinkle and pore refining treatment
Jergens BB body perfecting skin cream (just like any other lotion, not worth the $)
Phyto intense hydration shampoo
Phyto express conditioner
Marula cleansing lotion
Ulta brand foam applicator
Philosophy hope in a jar night
Philosophy hope in a jar
Here are my July empties! I'm a bit behind and didn't go through as many foils cause work's been crazy.
Loves/HG items - will repurchase:
- Paul Mitchell Quick Slip styling cream
- Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner: HG, makes my hair so soft
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
- Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub
- Clinique Super Rescue moisturizer
- UD Naked Skin foundation 6.0
- UD Primer potion
- UD 24/7 eyeliner in Black Market
- Sephora body butter
- TF Better than sex mascara: I prefer the travel size, hard to use this size up before it starts clumping
- BBW Pure Paradise body wash
- Bee Kind body lotion
- Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment: took me forever to use this up, I liked it at first but I think I'll buy something else next time
- Yes to carrots body butter: not moisturizing enough
- Boscia black cleanser: makes my eyes burn when I rinse
- Pearl souffle shaving cream: was super silky but definitely overpriced
- Stila 10-in-1 BB cream: made me super greasy
- Blinc mascara: ok at first, trying to put on a second coat was a total nightmare, not good after second week
- MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara: spider-lash-city, threw out after first use
- Alterna Bamboo volume shampoo and conditioner: horrible tangles, conditioner did nothing, never again
- BB Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner: too heavy for my fine hair, smells great though
I cannot agree more of the MUFE mascara. Unlike you, I tried to use it for a while. In retrospect, I should have tossed it after the first use. It is not like I do not have 40 more unopened mascaras. Thanks for the tip on getting the smaller size Better than Sex mascara. I am going to try that next or just after Babydoll. I never use a full tube of mascara, so I prefer buying kits with smaller sizes or using sample sizes.