Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

unnamed.jpg

I felt so giddy posting my empties collection from this month. 

Great empties! I simply must find the philosophy fresh cream somewhere to smell, I keep hearing so much about it!

That is 3 It's a 10s in a row.  Now, I am really going to open mine.

I want to try that Shiseido sunblock spray.  Glad to hear you love it.

Has anyone tried the different versions of the It's a 10 and can speak on the differences between them? I have the Keratin version that I got a (giant) free sample of from Ulta, but I find it a little heavy on my hair- and most Keratin products are for me. I'm interested in the Silk version- anyone tried?

I had no idea there were different versions.  Mine does not say Keratin or silk.  Now, I am bummed.  Maybe, I can wait to open it after all.

Don't be bummed! I was interested in the original version too! That's the one Penelope has in the photo above. The other two ladies have the Keratin version with the gold top.

How did you like the L'occitane and Shiseido products?

I LOVE the llocitane shower almond oil. Its my all time favorite body wash cause its so moisturizing. 

And I also LOVE the sheisedo sunblock spray. i used it on my body when out w my daughter at the park etc. Now I used supergoop as its cheaper. Would re purchase both!

I actually used the supergoop oil recently on my 2 week vacation it was amazing!

I have that sample but I've been trying to save it for my next trip! lol

This is my first time browsing this thread. I have to admit I never saw what could be so compelling about looking at other people's empty shampoo bottles but now I'm hooked! I literally just had the fleeting thought of pawing through my garbage like a raccoon to find my Peter Thomas Roth serum bottle and a few foil packs so I can start my empties collection and post next month. This does not bode well.

Hahahahaha, I thought about doing something similar.  I resisted the urge but it was there and that makes me feel I need to check myself.  You are not alone! 

i'm laughing so hard, because i was going around the house trying to find empties 

May & June empties. I can't believe I used up so many products. I tried putting everything in two photos but it wouldn't fit. I feel so accomplished. 🙂 I'm going to start monthly empties from now on, I'm using up stuff regularly... also writing all this out took forever. 🙂

MayJune1.jpg

Loved, would repurchase or already have:
Alba Bontanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel: Incredibly moisturizing, nice scent. I’m currently using the Mango version of it.
Equate Strengthening Nail Polish Remover: Not too picky with nail polish remover. This one is good. Got rid of glitter polish easily.
L’Oreal EverCreme Conditioner: Great drugstore conditioner. Still have the shampoo. Doesn’t weigh down my fine hair.
Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Water: Nice toner. Even though I’m acne prone I prefer hydrating toners to astringents. Doesn’t break me out. Currently using the full size.
Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion: I use this every other night right before my moisturizer to provide extra hydration. Same texture as the Josie Maran Argan Milk (which I also love.)
Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial: I used this the week before TOM. Prevented hormonal breakouts and made my skin glow. I doubt I will ever purchase since I wait for it to show up as a point perk or deluxe sample.
L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil: Smells so good. Only got one use out of it, so can’t really tell about the moisturizing effect. I would just get it for the yummy scent.
Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel: I drink coffee. Lots of coffee. I use this in between more ‘serious’ whitening to slow down staining.

Meehh, a maybe repurchase:
MUAC Glycolic Acid Body Lotion: I’m still on the hunt for an exfoliating body lotion. This was alright. My KP did diminish a bit while using it.
Sulwhasoo Ginseng Renewing Cream: Really moisturizing. More of a winter product. Same price range as La Mer, I think I might prefer it to the La Mer.
Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel: Have the three step system now. Works well, not a really intense peel (at least for me).
MUAC 5 Acid Body Peel: Not sure about this product. Have to try another deluxe sample to see if I like it.
Tarte Marajuca Oil: I’m taking a break from facial oils, but if I ever start using them again I will consider this for sure.

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:
Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA: Used as body lotion. Have gone through two bottles. Decided I don’t really like it. Didn’t do much for my KP.
Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil: Excellent makeup remover. It just left my eyes very blurry.
MUAC Mandelic Acid Serum: Used on my chest. Didn’t notice much difference.
MUAC Gly-luronic Serum: Used on my chest. Didn’t notice much difference. Sticky consistency.
Skinmedica Vitamin C+ E Complex Moisturizer: Alright moisturizer. Noticed my blackheads were much larger even after using it only for a couple of days.
Sulwhasoo Hydro-Aid Moisturizing Lift Serum: Strong fragrance. Left my skin greasy.
Sulwhasoo Hydro-Aid Moisturizing Lift Cream: Very sticky. Left my skin oily.
Black Opal Tri-Complex Tonecorrect Fade Gel: Used on my back and chest for some sun spots. Didn’t do much. Prefer the Alpha Hydrox Spot Remover.
Paula’s Choice Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator: I didn’t like the texture of it. It feels more like a serum. I prefer a more ‘lotiony’ texture.
Josie Maran Argan Oil Light: Used in my hair. Alright argan oil. I can get organic cold pressed argan oil at other places at a fraction of the cost. I prefer the milk version from Josie Maran.

MayJune2.jpg

L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream: Loved the texture. Didn’t leave my hands greasy, just soft and moisturized.
Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid: Incredible. Cuts brush cleaning time in half.
Anastasia Brow Wiz: HG. Always repurchase.
Dior Diorshow Waterproof in Brown/Black: Diorshow regular & waterproof have been HG for a loooong time. I will probably repurchase in the future but currently am trying out other mascaras (loving Too Faced’s Better Than Sex currently.)

Revlon Colorstay Concealer: Creases. Doesn’t last very long. I don’t even think I used it all up. Just tossing it out.
Bourjois 1001 Cils Lashes Mascara: Deluxe sample I got after purchasing the foundation. It made my lashes clumpy & spidery.
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer: Creases. Separates in about two hours even after I set it with powder.
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Skin Perfecting Makeup: This has a very strong fragrance. I feel like it just sat on top of my skin and was very obvious. I much prefer the compact version.

MayJune3.jpg

Leaders Insolution Vita Brightening x2: Gives you an amazing glow, I sometimes apply the Dr. Dennis Gross Vitamin C Serum after this if my skin is looking extra dull.
Leaders Insolution Aquaringer: Excellent for dehydrated skin. Essential for me before and after a long flight.
Leaders Insolution Aloe Soothing: I use this after at home exfoliation to re-balance skin.

Meehh, a maybe repurchase:
Leaders Insolution AC Clear: I’ve got a couple more, not too sure how I feel about it.
Leaders Insolution Bio Medi-Curing Aqua Dressing: It cost more than the above Aquaringer mask but it doesn’t hydrate as well, plus this type of mask doesn’t fit my face as well as the original mask.
Leaders Insolution Coconut Gel Moisturizing Recovery: It cost more than the above Aquaringer mask but it doesn’t hydrate as well, plus this type of mask doesn’t fit my face as well as the original mask.
Leaders Insolution Bio Medi-Curing Wrinkle Dressing: I need to gives this another try. Didn’t see an immediate change (maybe more hydrated) but not much. I don’t have wrinkles but it’s got some peptides in it and I'm using it more as a preventative measure.
Leaders Insolution Green Calming Energy: Mask is too small, but it’s an alright formula.

Leaders Insolution Bio Medi-Curing White Dressing: It’s got menthol in it and sadly irritated my skin.
Leaders Insolution Coconut Gel Brightening Recovery: It’s got menthol in it and sadly irritated my skin.
Leaders Insolution Coconut Gel Balancing Recovery: Didn’t notice anything special.
Leaders Insolution Yellow Bright Energy: Mild brightening, prefer the Vita Brightening Mask.
Leaders Insolution Violet Anti-Oxidant Energy: ehhh…

MayJune4.jpg

Living Proof PHD Shampoo & Conditioner: I’ve got a couple of samples of it. I’ve got fine hair and it didn’t weigh down my hair and gave me more texture.
Leaders Insolution Hydrogel Therapy Under Eye Patch x2: Great to use before/after flight dehydration… or if you’ve had a couple of glasses of wine the night before. Plumps up the skin and hydrates really well. I use this and then apply my eye cream over it if I need the extra hydration.
Josie Maran Argan Milk: Loooved this. I got the deluxe sample of it. I’m using another emulsion product but I will definitely purchase a full size of this once I’m out of the other product.
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter: Had a full size of this product a while back, the sample made me realize how much I miss the scent! I’ve got body moisturizers for days but once I’m down to a reasonable amount I will purchase this for sure.
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser x2: Used this as a morning cleanser. Didn’t leave my skin dry/tight after. Hype actually lived up!
Leaders Insolution Black Head Pore Clinic: Kinda like the Biore strips expect the main ingredient here is clay in the strip. It’s a two-step process, after the strip you apply the serum (not pictured). I noticed the next day my blackheads were much smaller but nothing amazing. It comes in a pack and I have a couple more strips left.

Tom Ford Noir fragrance sample: I love all TF fragrances I've tried, this one is no exception.

My Beauty Diary Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Mask x8: I got this pack on a whim and it was an OK mask. Prefer Leaders Insolution masks.
Leaders Insolution Mediu 2-Step Double Effect Moisturizing & Wrinkle Care: Such a strange mask method. You have the regular sheet mask (step 1) and then you have some extra serum that you apply on your neck and then you have this strange contraption that you place on neck and stretch it out to your ears (step 2). It’s kind of difficult to explain, but I think it’s supposed to prevent turkey neck. Haha.
Aaalllll the foils, nothing stood out:
SKI-II Signature Eye Cream x2
Guerlain Abeille Royale Dark Spot Corrector
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish
Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti_aging Cream
Kate Somerville Nourishing Daily Moisturizer x2
Kate Somerville Dilo Oil Restorative Treatment
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil
Supergoop Everyday Face & Body Lotion SPF 30
GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment
Derma E Firming DMAE Cream
Derma Antispetic Cream
Derma E Scar Gel
Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleaner
Derma E Very Clear Cleanser
Derma E Very Clear Moisturizer
MUAC Sugar Smoothie Body Cream x2
Mario Badescu Hyaluranic Eye Cream
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Fibroblast Moisturizer
L’Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm
Tori Burch fragrance sample

WOW!! Look at all those empties!!

The L'Occitane Shower Oil- I was talking about this line with a friend recently- does the body oil line from them smell like almonds or does it have any peppermint in it? I know peppermint oil is in the ingredients, which is not a scent I am fond of!

You know I'm surprised that peppermint is in it. I definitely didn't notice it in the scent. It's a very sweet almond type of scent. I used it at night and it was so relaxing. Now thinking back, when I used it I did have that slight cooling affect on my skin that most mint/peppermint products have.

Nice work getting through so many products.  I also love the Soap and Glory The Righteous Body Butter.  I saw that there is a travel kit with a mini size available for $20.  Soooo tempted just so I can have a small to-go size in my purse.

Ohh I didn't see that set! On to the love list it goes... 😉

I thought I had an amazing May/June.  You destroyed me.  Well done!  

I love the Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial too.  It is a 100 point perk, and I almost ordered it.  I refrained though, because I am trying to work on more of the samples I already have.

I am unsure how I feel about the Tarte Maracuja oil or oils in general too.  My guess is I am not really feeling them, because I find that I barely reach for it.

I love the L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream too.  The smell is not my favorite, but I love how it feels.  There are only a few things I've tried from this brand that I actually like.  I have a $10 gift certificate somewhere but cannot motivate myself to find it.  I will when my lip balm runs out, I bet.

I just saw the Korres point perk. I'm actually going to place an order now for skincare stuff I'm out of and need to add it.  I kind of go through phases with facial oils. I don't reach for them too often either, I think that Tarte deluxe sample lasted me about 6 months.

I'm not a huge fan of oils either - they just don't work with me…or I'm not using them correctly - either way I'll stick with my current routine!

Does anyone else cut their tubes open to get the last of the product out?  I have a strivectin tube I just cut open and there was still an ounce of cream left!!! 

5 Replies
testing