Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

good job!!! 

p.s. i LOVE the toe in the corner!

IMG_8386.JPGIMG_8387.JPG

Since it's officially the end of the month, here are my EMPTIES!!!!! I did some damage in the foil packets this month! So proud of myself 😄

Loved

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter (50ml)
would repurchase, but using up other stuff first

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter (10ml foil packet) see above

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (28 pads) Already repurchased!

Dove Clinical Protection (1.7oz) Would repurchase but using other stuff first. Worked very well.

Ole Henriksen Truth to go wipes (10 wipes) LOVED the smell, did a good job removing makeup. Not a fan of the price

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (2 oz) Loved loved loved this! I have a few more samples that I'm trying to finish a few samples, but I'm going to definitely go back to this. 

Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo (50ml) Loved the smell of this. It was kind of drying, but that's ok because I have super oily hair. Haven't repurchased yet, because I'm finishing other stuff, but I definitely would. 

Calvin Klein Euphoria (0.4oz sample) LOVE this is one of my favorite scents, i own a full size already

Ole Henriksen Vitamin C brightening serum (foil packet x2) LOVE this stuff! I have more samples that I'm finishing up, but I'm definitely gonna purchase a full size. Great smell, very moisturizing!

YSL All-in0one BB Cream skintone perfector in medium (1ml foil packet): the color was way off, but I tried it anyways, it felt very light on the skin, very good coverage. I'll definitely try it out in the correct color and see how it works!

Clarins Double Serum [hydric + Lipidic system] (foil packet) I LOVED LOVED LOVED this stuff, however at $85/oz I don't think I could ever pull the trigger. It made my face feel amazing and very hydrated. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment (10ml foil packet): new HG. Love this! smells amazing, makes my hair feel amazing! already purchased full size!

Argan Oil from Morocco (1.75 oz packet): Loved this stuff. Smells amazing, made my hair feel soft and easy to brush

Murad Illuminating day Moisture SPF 30 PA+++ (0.9ml foil packet) Loved it! Very moisturizing. didn't break me out, A little bit of a white cast, but not as much as I thought

Neutral

Generic Nessus Moisturizing Shampoo (16 oz)
It was a shampoo, I didn't hate it, but did't love it. 

Honey Mark Jacobs (sample card) this smelled nice, not enough to purchase though, i like Dot better. 

bareMinerals prime time foundation primer (15ml) This was ok, very silicone feeling, i think it may have broken me out a bit. I have others I'm working on too. 

Biolage Matrix Exquisite Oil Micro-oil shampoo and conditioner (10ml foil packet): I love the smell of Biolage

Tarte Park Ave Princess (sample card): this was a great bronzer, but I don't wear bronzers. If I did I would get this one as it was very nice and matte and didn't look muddy

Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Conditioner (7ml foil packets x2): shampoo is shampoo, I haven't really found any that have blown me away

Swispers 100% cotton rounds (100 count): Cotton rounds are cotton rounds. They all do the same thing to me

NUDE cellular renewal moisturiser (2ml foil packet) This was ok, very moisturizing. nothing super spectacular though

boscia BB cream Broad spectrum SPF 27 PA++ (0.088oz foil packet) the coverage was great, but the color was horrible for me. It was very thick, too much for summer time

Josie maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light (1ml foil packet): This was ok, I didn't see that much of a difference between this and the regular Argan oil (which I love)

Matrix Biolage Aqua-Immersion Creme Masque (10ml packet): this didn't do anything super special. Just felt like a regular old conditioner. However I love the smell

Shiseido Ibuki refining moisturizer (1ml foil packet) This worked ok, a regular old moisturizer. I'd use it, but not sure if I'd actually purchase it

Amore Pacific Natural Protector SPF 30/PA+++ (1ml foil packet): another SPF, this was pretty good

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner (10ml foil packet): It washed and conditioned my hair. Nothing spectacular

Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner (10ml foil packet): shampoo and conditioner, nothing special

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner (9ml foil packet): Another shampoo and conditioner. nothing special

Not for me

bareMinerals Ready SPF 20 foundation (sample card in Medium beige) First off the color was too dark, but I applied it while I was home alone to try out the coverage and feeling. I didn't like it at all. Barely any coverage and felt thick on my skin.

bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing mascara (1.5ml sample) Hated this. It did nothing for me. A bit lengthening, no volume, and it flaked off. 

bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener (sample) Hated this, very thin. No coverage. Wore off very easily.

Ole Henriksen Reparative anti-aging oil (1.5ml foil packet) I don't know if I got a bad sample, but I hated this. It smelled kind of fishy and I don't think it did anything special to my skin

Fresh Seaberry moisturizing face oil (1.5ml foil packet): I hated this! It smelled awful and did nothing for my skin. 

Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer (sample pack): hated this! very thick, hard to work with, not good with blending

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden(foil packet): hated this. I feel like I wasted so much. The color was too intense and it went every where. You only need the tiniest amount, but it just gets everywhere and I don't think it held the color as well as the original Primer potion

L'Occitane Ultra Rich body cream (8ml foil packet) I didn't like this. The smell was good, but it was very greasy. It worked well on my feet, but awful on my hands and arms. I felt like a giant grease ball

Phyto Paris Apres-shampooing Conditioner (foil packet): This didn't do anything, my hair was hard to brush after using. 

Perricone MD Photo Plasma Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (2ml foil packet): was very thick, I didn't think it sunk into my skin very well

Kellett moisturizing gel (3ml sample) hated this. IT was very sticky and did not moisturize at all

Goodness, couldn't have posted this earlier about the Anastasia Lash Genius being your HG? I just start my 30 no-buy! This has been in 'loves' for a while now! 😉

This is my January & February empties. I can’t believe I used this much stuff up. Most of the skincare stuff is samples but it still counts!!! I’m moving at the end of April and I’m trying to use up all the excess stuff.

Empties2.jpg

Loved, would repurchase or already have:

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Epidermal Recovery Accelerator

MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Hydrating Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel

ScarAway Silicone Gel Scar Treatment

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream

Prescription Retinoid (one tube took be almost 8 months, the only reason I went through the second so fast was because I had some sun damage on my chest & back)

Alpha Hydrox Spot Targeting Skin Lightener (would only repurchase if the sunspots came back or got new ones)

Meehh, a maybe repurchase:

Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation

Urban Decay All Nighter Spray

Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Mask

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller (didn’t use up, hated it & just tossing it)

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash

Cetaphil  Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 35

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate

Paula’s Choice Clinical Scar-Reducing Treatment

Glam Glow BrightMud Eye Treatment

Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion

Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Wash

Vichy Laboratoires Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser

Institut Esthederm Osmoclean Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser

Empties1.jpg

Loved, would repurchase or already have:

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry

Alterna Bamboo Smoot Kendi Dry Hair Oil

Lavanila Deodorant Mini

Now Foods Shea Butter

Meehh, a maybe repurchase: (trying to switch back to natural & paraben free body care)

Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Exfoliator

Bliss High Intensity 24- Heaven Body Butter

Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:

Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt in Lavender

Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath in Lavender

Neutrogena Rainbath in Pear & Green Tea

Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Body Lotion with CQ10

Malibu Tan Hemp Self-Tanning Lotion

Now Foods Vitamin E Lotion

Now Foods Vitamin D3 lotion

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructing Treatment

Nexus Humectress Hydrating Deep Conditioner

Macadamia Deep Mask Treatment

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Soap & Glory the Righteous Butter Lotion

Soap & Glory Heel Genius

Soap & Glory Hand Food

Sample: Cartier Declaration

Sample: Ralph Lauren Romance

Sample: Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion

Sample: Michael Kors Perfume Set

Wow, nicely done!! Hope to see you joining us in future months too! 🙂

Loved/Will Consider Repurchasing
Sunday Riley Good Genes - Stung a bit the first time I put it on, but then made my skin glow overnight and didn't hurt after that.
Origins Plantscription. Repurchased after receiving this sample. Very moisturizing!
Fresh Sugar. This one was in Rose. I prefer Petal.
Ole Truth Serum. I hand picked this for my skin's needs (anti-aging, brightening, oil-free), and it hasn't let me down.
Smashbox CC Cream - one of my faves
Aveda Pure Abundance Conditioner - gives great volume
Lush I love Juicy - I have very oily hair, but this was too drying for wintertime. Plan to use for summer
Bare Minerals Prime Time primer - will be comparing this to my Too Faced primer soon.

Not Sure/Neutral
Bath&Body Works Stress Relief Scrub. I love the scent, but there wasn't much special for this scrub.
Perricone Photo Plasma - need to try it more
Porefessional - could only try it once
Hourglass primer - need to try more.
Ole Express the truth. Very rich, so might not be good for my oily skin on a daily basis, but would be good for an occasional intense treatment.

Didn't Like
Burt's Bees body oil - smelled like lemon pledge and later I realized I can get a 16oz Booth body oil for less.
Origins Energizing Moisturizer (orange packet)
That gal - brightened, but didn't seem to keep my foundation on.
Sephora smoothing primer. Foundation didn't last even a few hours.
Mario Badescu whitening mask. Yuck. Didn't seem effective and was difficult to remove.
Stila CC cream- greasy, wore off, felt wet.

Loved/Will Repurchase:
REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask- own a full size
Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask- will definitely consider purchasing! Really added a glow to my face, reduced pigmentation.
Bliss That's Incredi-peel x3
Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisturizerx3
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes- LOVED. Will definitely add to my face wipe rotation.

Liked:
Derma E Soothing Moisturizing Creme/Cleanser/Serum
Guerlain Maxi Lash
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish
The Body Shop's Mango Body Scrub
Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Sea Island Cotton- have stockpile!
Weleda Pomegranate Firming Eye Cream

Neutral:
Ko Gen Doh Oriental Plants Clean Foam
Josie Maran GOGO Argan Mascara
Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Becca Satin Finish Foundation- looks great on, but slightly oily and breaks me out terribly
Clearasil Oil Control Acne Wash- for body wash! Worked ok.
Too Faced Lash Injection- good, but RIDICULOUSLY difficult to get off

Mango Candle from AC Moore

Hated:
Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes- clumpy mess
Maybelleine Baby Lips- thought I liked this, but realized that it only sat on top of my lips and when it wore off, my lips would feel chapped and burned
Healthy Sexy Hair Moisturizing Shampoo- GOOD RIDDANCE. This shampoo/conditioner duo made my hair oily- looking, heavy, lacked shine, and overall looked like I didn't wash it at all.

Other: Lots of random perfume foils!

I feel the same way about baby lips. Makes em feel yucky!

IMG_8180.jpg

EMPTIES FOR FEBRUARY!!!!!!!

Would repurchase

Mentos Gum: Pure White (don't ask. I ate the last piece as I was driving home to do empties do I figured I'd toss it in 😉

Studio 35 beauty premium cotton rounds (one side smooth/one side exfoliating. I love them)

** Tarte Maracuja C-brightener eye treatment (loved this, but interested in trying others, If those don't work I'll be coming back to this one)

Crest 3D white (only toothpaste I'll use)

Neutral

Equate flushable wipes (any brand of these will do, these are just the cheapest)

**Algenist Regenerative Anti-aging Moisturizer (loved the smell, very moisturizing, didn't do anything super special)

Would not repurchase

Up&up makeup remove cleansing towelettes (i'm pretty sure these broke me out)

**MUFE Sens'eyes (left a film over my eyes, nothing special)

**Olay ultra moisture body wash with shea butter (was NOT moisturizing, barely any suds)

Mac Mineralized Charged water cleanser (Bioderma is MUCH better)

Generic Moisturizing conditioner(was not very conditioning, smelled great though)

White marble Deodorant bar (Jankie hotel soap)

FOIL PACKETS 

It's a 10 Miracle deep conditioner plus keratin (LOVED)

Sephora Instant moisturizer (neutral)

Korres greek yoghurt advanced nourishing sleeping facial (neutral)

Urban decay original eyeshadow primer potion (Loved)

Boscia self-defense vital antioxidant moisture x2 (Loved)

Ole Henriksen Express the truth x2 (neutral)

Ole Henriksen Truth serum (LOVED)

Too Faced Shadow insurance (LOVED)

Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss (neutral)

Biore pore strip (neutral)

Smashbox photo finish foundation primer (neutral)

FAB ultra repair cream (LOVED purchased full size)

Soap and Glory The Righteous butter (Loved purchased a full size)

Algenist Advanced Anti-aging repair oil (neutral)

** denotes deluxe sample size. 

Please excuse the gross hotel bedding!

My empties of the month here:

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

What I loved and will consider repurchase:
Tarte Amazonian clay loose powder
D&G Mascara
Diorshow Mascara (already have a back up)
Escada Escada perfume
Glamglow mask
Yves Rocher body washes. Love them, use them all the time
BBW Apricot Vanilla body lotion. I'd love to buy more, but they discontinued this flavor Smiley Sad
Organic shop Mango and sugar body scrub. LOVED it! Next time I'm in Russia, I'm stocking up!
Loccitan hand lotion

What I liked, maybe purchase:
MUFE eye makeup remover
Ren anti-aging cream
Laura Mercier eye serum
Laura Mercier mascara
Too faced mascara
Nars eye primer
Origins GinZing moisturizer
Phyto conditioner
Kate Somerville night cream
Clarisonic brush

What I didn't like, won't purchase:
Stri-Vectin Vitamin C serum
Naobay facial moisturizer
MY mattifying moisturizer
Murad Age diffusing firming mask
Boscia BB cream
A body wash from Glossybox (it smells horrible to me)
Vichy cream - was way too greasy for me
Georgio Armany eye serum
Everything from Mario Badescu
Benefit eye cream
Tarte mascara
Aveda hair treatment
Murai body lotion (I think it gave me an allergy rush)
Yves Rocher Spa vegetal scrub
Pacifica Body lotion
Novex keratin treatment
A candle (don't know where it came from )

IMG_20140302_122159.jpg

I'm so jealous of you guys lol, you make my collection of empties look puny :P.

Repurchases: OH Truth Serum already have back ups, I use to not like this now I love it!

Have back ups of the Nars proprime too

Dislike: The Clinique Redness Cleanser, meh it didn't feel like anything....

I love OH serum too! I think I've stocked up for the whole year 🙂 

Well, I have so many empties because I had tons of opened / half finished product already, and I was "cleaning up" my mess there 🙂 This month I'm still finishing few, but I'll definitely have less 🙂 

image.jpgWould repurchase/ or already have back up:

lever200

shisiedo pureness wipes

smashbox and Stila mascaras

porefessional

brow whiz

tarte eye cream

l'occitaine exfoliating soap

pacifica body wash ( not as drying as a lot of others)

alterna caviar cc hair cream

glam glow exfoliating mask 

tarte smolder eyes

i wasn't that impressed with anything else. Major LET DOWNS were nude cleansing oil and hourglass immaculate foundation 😕

Daaang girl!! You did WORK!!!

Aww I have the nude cleanser as well, I hope I like it!

Wendy, the nude cleanser is ok but the Boscia cleansing oil is my HG!

I must try the Pacifica line soon!

Little animal paws poking in that photo 🙂

Crayzeern I really like everything I have tried from Pacifica! The body butters are also wonderful! 🙂

full size

IMG_0480.jpg

would repurchase:

• shiseido facial cotton (already repurchased)
  • ponds cleansing & makeup removing towelettes with vitamin e, chamomile and green tea (already repurchased)
  • elf makeup remover cleansing cloths
  • sephora targeted eye remover swabs
  • glysomed body lotion(already repurchased)
  • glysomed hand cream(already repurchased)
  • first aid beauty facial radiance pads (already repurchased)

neutral:

• olay ultra moisture with shea butter body wash
  • vaseline extra strength lotion
  • c booth eqyptian argan oil body butter

not for me:

• sephora waterproof eye makeup remover
  • ole henrikson ultimate lift eye gel
  • ole henrikson invigorating night gel

deluxe samples

IMG_0481.jpg

would repurchase:

• algenist overnight restorative cream

neutral:

• benefit total moisture facial cream

not for me:

• willa gentle cleansing lavender face towlettes
  • lancome visionnaire skin corrector
  • estee lauder advance night repair
  • caudalie vinoperfect radiance serum

foils

IMG_0482.jpg

would repurchase:

• tarte dollface blush
  • urban decay primer potion (4) - eden, original anti aging, sin (have a full size)
  • lancome labase pro
  • soap and glory righteous butter (already repurchased)
  • dr andrew weil for origins - mega bright skin tone correcting serum

neutral:

• dove aromatherapy body was
  • benefit its potent eye cream

not for me:

• clinique pore refining solutions stay matte hydrator
  • clinique even better eyes dark circle corrector
  • murad hydro dynamic ultimate moisture
  • murad pore and line minimizing hydrator
  • origins - ginzing energy bossting moisturizer
  • l'occitane precious eye balm
  • mdskincare - dr dennis gross hydra pure vitamin c serum

=O wow...

Go, sparkle, go!!

Glad to see you like the Weil for Origins Serum- been wanting to try that!

testing