Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Beauty Ranks?

I've noticed there are a few other post other there regarding this, but there hasn't been a real solution...

With the all recent posts of new Hall of Famers, (congrats to all btw), has anyone figured out how the ranking works?

Re: Beauty Ranks?

Let me please state for the record, the name title changes are somewhat random.

Mods have 0 to do with it.

It changes for everyone in the same order.

It is based on number of POSTS.

Based on your REVIEWS on Sephora products. 

And depending who you talk to, questions that you answer in the questions sections.

We have brought up the reviews factor in the titles, and I don't think they make a difference because there are some uses that do not write reviews.

I have heard from 2 mods that they do in fact have something to do with it. 

Maybe if I do 10 reviews it counts as 50 posts or something. But I have heard and read from separate mods that they def play some part. 

I've written 6 reviews, only 2 since joining BT, joined BT November or December 2013, I have never created a new post, and I became a HOF on my 400th heart. I don’t get it.

I do "heart" a lot so that's the only thing I can think of. 

Since you weren't sure, I looked.  Your first post was 12-06-13 (my son's birthday)!  

I think hearting posts plays a role for sure.  Typically, the people who give less hearts have lower titles.  Of course, there is an exception to that too.  There are too many exceptions.

I see the coders writing some complex formula that has all of us scratching our heads to mess with us.

I said mods because I read others mention in this thread and, in other threads that mods do. I have no idea which is why I asked yet again.  Love <3 Hugs <3 and confidence  <3 to all. @---}---

Well, I'm pretty new around here (although not new at all at Sephora shopping) and I feel like my new life goal is to become a Hall of Famer Smiley Happy

Hehe...I was the same way!  It didn't take me too long, about four months, I think.  I made it before I had 400 hearts (I had around 380-390) and have never done a review on Sephora.  I've hearted a lot of posts.  

You'll get there before you know it.  Also, searching and posting to an existing thread is great!

sp.PNG

Still a mystery Smiley Happy

@veens This question is still getting traffic.  Has anyone tried posting this question in the section "Ask The Experts?"  

Wow... I started this thread 3 years ago and it's still a mystery lol. 

LOL, I remember @notcreative had some of the algorithm figured out, but we couldn't figure out why some people were going HOf with 400 hearts and when others, like myself, didn't rank up til 3600.  

I kinda miss waking up to a new ranking every now and then.  It kept things fun.  

@greeneyedgirl107 it has been posted in many threads especially with a recent HOF surprise everyone is getting. No one still seemed to figure out. @weeeeweeeeeee They introduced more ranks in between in the last 3 years and it makes it even more complicated and there are so many theories flying around. It's really funny. 

@veens @greeneyedgirl107Hehehe, I think the HOF'ers are considered the experts around here.😂 We'll never know.    

@veensGood point!

I'm so interested in this. When I hit rouge I jumped up to HOF. I only have a small amount of reviews, but I always attach videos to them (I don't give short reviews - for me, it's either mega in depth review or don't discuss product!!). Could that be a part of it?

Thanks for asking this question!  I've been reading Beauty Board for a couple of years before I finally started using it.  I was happy when I bumped up from Beauty Maven (wait,is that a better rank now???  Once again thanks for this question)  I knew Hall of Famer would be special, but I also want to know what it took to get the super special secret box of goodiness that they are talking about!

Word was Rouge sometimes gets special gifts, and I did once get a nail polish a few years ago.

(One off the reasons I hadn't been posting is because I'm not that savvy at it... Just saw when this thread was started :-))

I do wish we had some sort of guidance on what the levels are or how the advancements work. I've seen at least two folks with fewer hearts and posts than me reach HOF status lately, but I haven't yet. I'm not complaining...just curious about how it works and what all goes into it, since hearts and posts seemingly aren't the main factors.

It's a mystery, but it also really doesn't matter haha. Literally nothing changes about your BT/Sephora experience based on your user level!

2 Replies
Photos10
  • WHix4.jpg
  • 2df8876364096e93052d86c7def15496.jpg
  • 40f62fef4f38a1e03c8eddbd9ffcaade.jpg
  • llamadrama.jpg
  • Oprah21.jpg
  • open mouth.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 8.35.54 PM.png
  • upload_6541113254108458626.gif
  • upload_1261280529545871599.gif
  • sp.PNG